RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[request] pokemon-like ledge-jumping event sytem for RMVX

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
Master Shinji, of the Soulmancy Discipline
For RMVX:
I have tried and tried, and failed, to create a sort of "one-way ledge system" in which you could walk to a ledge and '"jump down" and not be able to backtrack. my vision is to have a graphic to represent "the ledge" and when you walk towards it, a common event will trigger setting a move route for the player to jump down the ledge. Ive racked my brain trying to create such a system to no avail. I humbly ask those Smarter than i to help me. it goes without asking that credit with be provided as due. You have my thanks, as well as my gratitude.
Mankind has ever shunned, even persecuted, that of which they have no understanding.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Hmm... Conditional: If character [player] is facing DOWN then set move route: Jump X +0, Y -2 (assuming your ledge is one tile wide). Leave else blank, alter according to desired direction.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
Master Shinji, of the Soulmancy Discipline
I have attmpted that and it works to an extnt. the problem then is  what if the player need s to walk to the edge, but doesnt want to jump.or if the player walks near it but bumps the wrong button. this is my current quandry
Mankind has ever shunned, even persecuted, that of which they have no understanding.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Set the trigger to player touch or action button. Best idea would be action button. And if they accidentally press the button, that's their fault, isn't it?
Another way to prevent this would be a choice, saying "Jump ledge?" then "Yes", "No". When yes run the aforementioned conditional, when no leave blank. But that would seem a little silly. Your choice.

Rep:
Level 87
Embrace the stillness of eternity.
If VX supports terrain tags I would use those.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
If VX supports terrain tags I would use those.
Only through a specially made script. Default VX doesn't support terrain tags.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Really, the reason that he posted this topic is so that he can further the game that he's already making in VX. So, it's a bit redundant to switch to XP.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Sarcasm is :V.
Code: [Select]
:V