RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] Matt's Art

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer
Ooh, Namkcor. I downloaded your High School RPG game awhile back and loved it.

I worked on poses a bit earlier today. Here's the results:

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer

Messing with my style again, trying to make it better.

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/319/e/e/zombie_meme___completed_by_animefusion88-d32xcnc.jpg
Note: the characters in the meme (aside from me) are not real people. They were my first four OCs ever.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I can see improvement as time goes by. While I draw in a completely different style, this work is far and away from what I can do. Very nice manga style with great costuming on the above, top left; I love that one for some reason.  Overall excellent work, sir, I'd be proud of myself if I were you!
:tinysmile:

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
Rm2k Advanced
Very nice, you really can see the improvement as you go on. You've got a knack for proportions, have you ever considered animation? I think you'd be very good at it.
http://hawkeyegames.blogspot.com/
My new Rpg Making blog; a new life to the old Hawk Games from 2006

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer
I'm going to college for game design and development. Of course, that includes animation. I can do 3D animation a lot easier than 2D for some reason.

A knack for proportions? Less of a knack and a ton of practice, I think. And I'm still nothing compared to some people I know (both online and off).

Here's a 2 minute sketch. I could put some lineart and color in and make a portrait for RMXP or VX or something. . . .

EDIT: Forgot to upload that picture when I first posted. ^^ Fail.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 01:41:11 PM by Matthew »

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
Rm2k Advanced
hehe, yea uploading the pic would have been a good idea. Once again, looking very good. I like the action poses
http://hawkeyegames.blogspot.com/
My new Rpg Making blog; a new life to the old Hawk Games from 2006

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Your anatomy is ~spectacular~
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
hrm... I really don't like your latest page... I think the one before it is much better, but it doesn't really have much in it... 

And god... I love the Higurashi pose... Really captures the crazy you see in that show so often...
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer
I don't like my latest page either. That's the stuff I do during algebra when I SHOULD be learning how to PROPERLY complete the square, when I should have learned it back in my sophomore year anyway.

(Higurashi rocks. Especially Rena's arc in the first season and Hanyuu's arrival in the second.)

I figured out the pen tool. Here:

Just a random villager for my game--one of the ones you talk to in the hometown when you're trying to find your way around for the first time.

No, I'm not using RPG Maker for it. *stabbed* Two of my classmates and I are putting together a top-down RPG with a battle system that's gonna take THEM weeks to figure out (they're doing the coding--all in Python, maybe in C++ if we get there fast enough). Our deadline is June of 2011.

MY SON ALWAYS DREAMED OF A LIFE AT SEA!
Rep:
Level 74
Lol Irocks a troll.
Very nice stuff I guess when you draw that long it turns out pretty gooD!

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Very nice stuff I guess when you draw that long it turns out pretty gooD!

two and a half years of drawing is no time at all. Everyone's drawn for that long, if you think about it... Matt's just got talent. And he both was gifted and worked for it. Mostly worked and practiced, but also gifted with the steady hand.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer
Wow. It's awesome to hear someone say that. I've never thought I had any type of talent for drawing. I started at rock bottom and set a goal that worked well enough for me that I sort of tricked myself into drawing every day. It doesn't feel like I'm doing enough, though. I feel like every minute I spend on video games is a waste of time. Most teachers/parents would love that mindset, but the catch is, I feel the same way about homework.

For example, it's 10:15 AM where I live and I've had my tablet out and ready to draw for two hours already--two hours that I've spent typing out messages on forums (which is one of the only things I don't think is a waste), looking up Chuck Norris jokes, and listening to potential songs for my game. My friend and I have our headphones synced and are listening to all of Ghost's stuff (I like "Travel the World" and "Soul Search").

I've gotta go and start drawing now.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I need to start drawing again.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 76
~I am your worst nightmare~
2010 Most Immature Member
what would it take for you to do a zelda background?
kaboth (a.k.a. Ic3ByTE)

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer
A reference and a good tutorial on backgrounds. I can get those easily. Want me to do one?

Till then, here's a lineart of Nia Teppelin from Gurren Lagann, as a request for a guy on another forum. I've never seen GL, so if I got her character completely wrong, it's not my fault. Actually it is.

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
I assume you draw with a tablet... I'm not sure though... The new pic looks nice, btw...

Rep:
Level 76
yes I would like a Zelda background please, and on the logo a chain latched to the Z but broken chain, colored please ;b
kaboth (a.k.a. Ic3ByTE)

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer
That'll be a good challenge (since I really need to get around to coloring some stuff). I'll take you up on that one, but it might take me awhile to finish, as it'll be my first digital background.

Need a subtitle?

Rep:
Level 76
kk thanks, and yes to the subtitle
kaboth (a.k.a. Ic3ByTE)

Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
kk thanks, and yes to the subtitle

I have no idea how to tell you this without sounding like an ass... So I won't try.

you need to tell him WHAT TO PUT AS THE FUCKING SUBTITLE!

As far as I can see, you don't have anything indicating what you are working on, so... Yeah, do the math, DA...

As a side note: So Matt, what do you use for your illustrations? Scanning and post production, or just digital?

Rep:
Level 76
look at my pic.... under comment that's what I'm working on
kaboth (a.k.a. Ic3ByTE)

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
I has some advice for youse...

My friend Crystal draws fucking gorgeous manga artwork and she learned from copying images on the net. Also, you need to do some life drawings, they help with proportion and such... Learn from life or something.

I dunno.

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer
@Stereotypical - Learning from life has long been a standard for artists of every style. Of course, I do it too, but not near as much as I should (I draw from scratch too much). I really should power-level my life drawing next time I get the chance (i.e. today).

@Sashikinaroj - Usually, when I draw traditionally, it tends to stay traditional--like, I scan and sumbit without any editing. When I draw digitally, I'm a lot more likely to color and ink something. It's a ton easier that way, since I don't have to do extra work to get it finished. I recently got some dip pens and India ink from my art teacher, so I might do a lot more pro-looking stuff soon. As soon as I figure out how to use those things without making my lines all different weights.

@Kaboth - I finished the first draft--I'll show that to you when I get to some place where I get more than 40 kbp/s (dial-up). I can add more or take stuff out if you don't like it. Like I said last post, it's the first background I've ever done. My parents asked me why I didn't charge anything for it, but I just don't trust my ability with backgrounds enough to believe that I'd be giving you a fair deal. So until then (think years), I'm doing backgrounds for free.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
I hafta admit that I'm guilty of that too. But even drawing from scratch, its clear you do try to get your anatomy straight.