RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] Matt's Art

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer

I'm just starting to get the hang of dynamic poses. Now to work on perspective . . .

Or not.

Here, a work in progress that I haven't worked on in a week:

Gotta fix her hands and feet next time I actually open Sai.

Drawing experience: 2.5 years
Favorite artists: Tony Taka, Yabuki Kentaro
Anyway, I'm aiming for a mixture of moe and bishojo, also thinking about doing some realism on the side, and getting into 3D modeling whenever I get the money for Lightwave or Maya. Or when I learn how to use Blender properly.

I'll post more as I draw more. Might not be a whole lot: what with classes and such, I don't have much time to do anything.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:06:04 PM by boe »

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer

Testing out more semirealistic manga. I can't draw girls very well in that style though.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
They look pretty good. The hands on some of them look a little disproportionate, but all in all they are very nice.

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer
Thanks, MA. I'll keep trying on the hands--I've never been that great at them.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Wow this is really good Matt, you make me want to quit drawing ;P
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer
Aah, don't do that! If you like it, I want it to inspire you to draw MORE!

Kinda like what this person does for me.

Oh, and here are some eyes I made for practice in Photoshop:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 04:15:00 PM by Matthew »

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer
WIP continued:

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Junior
I prefer more realistic art to this kind of style, but looking at it objectively they're all good; but I like the pencil ones more (probably cause I prefer pencil drawings to other forms of art in general) Anyway,

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Spriter
Very impressive!

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer
Lucario, Lucas - thanks.

I tried Sai's airbrush tool. Looks kinda 2D, but I can fix that with practice:

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Junior
Lucario, Lucas - thanks.
It's no problem ;), but please - it's Lukas.

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer
GAH! Missed the K!

Anyway, here:

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Junior
I love those =D,
Keep up the good work.

And also btw, all three of them have very little shading - I think that shading (if its done right) can make a good drawing even better.

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Spriter
Very, very impressive!
I think they look just as good without shading.

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer

Maybe a bit much for a first(?) try on lighting, but it's good to aim high, I think.

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer

Someday, I'll get to a level where I can actually do some artwork for my games (and probably some for people here as well).

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Spriter
Very, very nice ones! You sure know what you're doing with your pen.

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer
If the picture was full-size, the pen wouldn't look near as good. I draw it in twice the size originally--with messy lines. When I reduce it by half, the lines come out looking a lot better.

Here's a faceless 3D Kirby. I have less than an hour of experience in 3D, so I know it's not that great.

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
If I had to guess... Autodesk Maia?

I generally like your art and am pissed off that in 6 years of drawing I am not as good as you are with only 2.5... I guess my problem is that I don't study enough... I just draw things I see...

The first lighting work you did was great... Although the hands are a bit off... The shape is just... wrong somehow... I don't know what to say...

And that guy from the first post was really good too... I was really pissed when I saw it... Especially after just reading 2.5 years... hahahah!
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 75
RMRK Spriter
You should use Autodesk 3ds Max. It's much, much better than Maya.

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer
@Sashikinaroji - Yup, Maya. The college doesn't hold licences to Max, though I wish it did. As for 2.5 years . . . keep in mind that I draw literally every day, sometimes multiple things per day. Plus, I study manga and other art forms as much as I can (psh--actually, I just read too much manga and play too many games).

Funny thing is, I get ticked at myself if I don't draw constantly. I have some kinda thing with my mentality that just won't let me slack off in art.

@Weavile - I agree. I have Max on my laptop, but I have to use Maya during class. Like I told Sashi, the college only has Maya. I suffer from a lack of active symmetry.

Oh, and here's my first fanart in a long time:

It's Eri Hasumi, from the game Vanguard Princess. Probably the most visually appealing fighter I've ever played.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 02:18:49 PM by Matthew »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
good work, but I'd suggest trying to loosen up your poses a bit, make them more organic.  They're stiff.

I have trouble with that myself, it's a bitch getting it to work.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon