RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] Matt's Art

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Cool stuff, man.  Can't say too much more that hasn't already been said as far as critique goes.

I'd love to see more from you, keep up the good work.

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer
@Garygill - It's getting easier to "keep up" my work as the start of my senior year gets closer. It's almost like I draw better when I have other stuff I can put off.

@Strak & Scalinger - Someone told me that a long time ago, probably when I first started drawing. No wonder I forgot it. Thanks for the reminder.

@Fruitbodywash - My new computer came, so I don't have to worry about hardware limitations anymore. I haven't gone into Layout yet, but the modeler program works well.

A quick sketch made of another quick sketch from awhile ago to see how much I've improved. My line economy is inconsistent, but I know I'm capable of drawing more smoothly than that. And, obviously, I didn't spend much time on her wings. Even less on the color portion. It seems like I'm satisfied with less whenever I use GIMP.

So, back to Sai and Photoshop.

Drawing bladed wings is not an easy task (and they don't even look bladed). Actually, it's not that hard. It just takes longer than I'd like. This is why I haven't ventured into Flash yet. I have all these ideas for short movies and such, but the thought of animating things that took hours to draw as still images is a little daunting.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 02:14:28 AM by Matthew »

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Actually, I was expressing major sarcasm towards Scalinger. It might be a good idea, but the way Scalinger worded his post made me think he wanted you to draw while in the same pose as your art, which could end in disaster.

[/confusion]

Gods ain't gonna help ya son...

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer
D'oh. We really do need a sarcasm font on the Internet. A sitting pose is pretty easy to emulate, though, and I think he was referring to the picture with the girl sitting on the box. Yes, drawing a guy leaping through a window with an explosion behind him would be pretty hard to draw if I was trying to mirror it. I still have two weeks of immobility left because of a really simple injury in soccer from two weeks ago, so I don't even want to imagine the results of emulating an action scene.

That reminds me: when you're drawing a face, stop and don't move a single muscle. Then think of what kind of expression you have. Odds are it's the exact same one as the character in your picture. So, yes, when you're drawing a grouchy old goon, you might just look like a constipated goat.

Rep:
Level 69
Sorry, I didn't know I was the only one who could draw while busting through windows, guess you guys aren't as ninja :p

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
you're so cool :V

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer
My ninja days are over. Turns out that simple injury I talked about was actually a fracture and some torn ligaments and I might never be able to run again. I got laid off because of it, missed my senior year of soccer, and my ankle randomly collapses when I'm walking or even standing.

. . . So now I can draw all the time.

Started this during the summer and put it off till yesterday. Last 2 panels are October 4.

An island in the sky. A friend in school asked me to draw it for him, so I did. And yes, I know every artist and their mom has drawn this.

Some traditional line art:

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Hrm... your landscape art could use some work... For starters, look at some trees, you see they are much more complex than trunks and branches.

Normally, I do it so that each branch is 1/n the size of where it came from, where n= the number of branches coming from that point. So, if you have three branches coming from the trunk, each branch would be 1/3 the width of the trunk. Then, this continues until you have twigs.
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer
I'll draw a few trees in art class today. For now, have another practice scene:

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
So sorry to hear about the injury, man.  You took it really well, though.

Are those angels fighting?

Rep:
Level 75
Artist and Writer
Yeah, they are. Going to be, anyway. I'd like to do a follow-up pic at some point with them blasting stuff at each other or one flying through the fire blast cast by the other or something.

Commission for a friend: her character (18) in two outfits, then the same girl 10 years later.

if you try & edit my custom title i will hack you
Rep:
Level 66
Im PRO get used to it!
OMG! those are soooooooooo cool! i like the pencil drawn ones better.... not really a fan of  non hand drawn pictures. but even the non hand drawn ones are awesome!!!!shoop:

Spoiler for projects:
God of Darkness
Devils nest
Unnamed Games(2)
The CREW experience