RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Games You Regret Buying

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I may have mentioned this before ( I'm too lazy to go back and check) but Final Fantasy X-2. It seemed geared for a young female audience except for all the bitty costumes and the story was LAME. The job class system was neat but poorly packged. And when I got to the last dungeon, it turn out my CD was scratched. I had to get a new one to finish... which sucked, too.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
X-2 was just jpop in a game.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Civilization V: I didn't buy it, but I regret getting it.  Not because I don't like it, but because I lost 13 hours to it this weekend, and am now behind one week on programming homework.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Goddamnit, I knew it. I knew I should have ragged on you when I saw you go on steam so much this weekend.

Rep:
Level 89
Yeah, I regret buying some games... In fact, I regret ever buying the most dreaded video game that gave me nightmares for about a year. A game that is so blasphemous, that it puts the Zelda CD-i games to shame. The blasphemy that is... Anubis II for the Wii!

But eventually, I sold it and now I am happy. ;D
RuneWorld (Title clickable)
Now recruiting!

Spoiler for:
Current team:
Composer 1 = Suezo
Eventer = RefresherSpray
You wish to apply? Send a PM with a sample of your work with an attachment.

GRABBIN SOME PEELZ
Rep:
Level 85
Doin some...
Yeah, I regret buying some games... In fact, I regret ever buying the most dreaded video game that gave me nightmares for about a year. A game that is so blasphemous, that it puts the Zelda CD-i games to shame. The blasphemy that is... Anubis II for the Wii!

But eventually, I sold it and now I am happy. ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cnnmfZURac

WHY CHANGE PERFECTION, RIGHT?

<Skanker> Fairy talks about asses in 9 sentences out of 10

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I wouldn't have even bought that game in the first place.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Mmm, I think the game I regret -getting- (didn't buy it) is Legion or Legend of Excalibur or something gay like that. I can't remember the name. I know you play as Arthur but you have magic powers and shit and the game play is kind of impossible because it's so buggy. I don't know if I've ever beaten it. I just stop playing.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
>3rd party wii game
>complete garbage
WHO KNEW!?

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Glargle.

IMA CHEER THIS TOPIC UP WITH A GAME I DON'T REGRET BUYING.

KINGDOM HEARTS 1 + 2, AMIRIGHT?

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
OMG THAT IS SO OFF-TOPIC THAT IS ACTUALLY THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE OF THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD! YOU ARE INSANEEEEEEEE!

Yes, those games are nice. I do not regret buying them.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
JUST HOW I ROLL MA'AM.

Also, their are so many shit games in this fucking thread. I'm going to add one more.

Madworld.

I wanted to love that game, so so much. but it was just way too short and there was no reason to go back to it afterwards.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
My best friend loved that game but I didn't see the point in it.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
There wasnt one...

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
Baroque

This dropped game dropped me right into gameplay. No tutorial, no hints, no general direction.
I didn't even know how to open the menu for the longest time. I wish I sold it back sooner, it's only worth a dollar now D:

Rep:
Level 83
Baroque

This dropped game dropped me right into gameplay. No tutorial, no hints, no general direction.
I didn't even know how to open the menu for the longest time. I wish I sold it back sooner, it's only worth a dollar now D:
I rented that. Waste of money. I wasted 2 hours on my life on it... looking up how to do stuff, and finally just gave up.

EXECUTED WEEBLING?
Rep:
Level 81
Im still here.. hahahahahaha
Magic Pengal (PS2) $27

Ark the lad (PS2) $15

Both Sucked.. :(
Hey if you need anything just ask.

GRABBIN SOME PEELZ
Rep:
Level 85
Doin some...
Baroque

I rented that. Waste of money. I wasted 2 hours on my life on it... looking up how to do stuff, and finally just gave up.
Just watched a video of that on YouTube.

Jesus, it's like an Alpha version of Demon's Souls.

No seriously, you die and start all over, game doesn't tell you shit, it's hard as fuck, the weird controls take forever to get used to.

Only difference is, Demon's Souls doesn't suck, it's quite good actually.

<Skanker> Fairy talks about asses in 9 sentences out of 10