RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Games You Regret Buying

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
GTA IV.

Repetitive, glitchy, awkward, frustrating, and ultimately boring.

Why did I buy this game?

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Final Fantasy 12.

Boring Storyline.

You bought GTA IV, because the older ones happend to be fun?
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 96
Yes, exactly.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
Final Fantasy XI.

I bought it recently and there's NOBODY on.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Final Fantasy 12.

Boring Storyline.
I was thinking of buying this, too. P: Can't be worse than FFXIII, though, right? lol

Rep:
Level 96
I want to try Red Dead Redemption, but I'm afraid it's just like GTA IV in that the world is gigantic, and you THINK you can do SO MANY THINGS, but the reality is it's
repetitive, glitchy, awkward, frustrating, and ultimately boring.
And it just got immediate 10/10 ratings from everyone because OMG ITS LIKE GTA WITH HORSES JIZZINMYPANTS I LOVE ROCKSTAR

Rockstar may be the Apple of the gaming world. Spend tons of money on making it look nice, reality is it's not that fun of a  game.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Just Cause 2 - Was fun for a little while, but became boring rather quickly after I beat the game. It's a huge world, but there's not much more you can do but blow shit up and tie people to things.

Red Dead Redemption - I really enjoyed this at first, but I got bored with it. I haven't even beaten it because I haven't felt like playing.

Honestly, I wish I didn't buy (at least one of) these games and instead used the 120/60 dollars to buy Super Mario Galaxy 2, which I really doubt would disappoint me at all.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
I thought RDR was better than GTA, never liked anything other than Vice City myself, but it isn't ACTION PACKED THRILLER, there are boring parts but the story told is MUCH better and more drawing than GTA stories.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Final Fantasy XI.

I bought it recently and there's NOBODY on.

I told you the game is dead.
Everyone is endgame.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
I told you the game is dead.
Everyone is endgame.

I thought all the endgamers quit because Absolute Virtue was too crazy.

On Topic: Pokemon Green. Didn't work on my Australian GBC.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
That's weird. Nintendo's portable consoles were supposed to be free from region restrictions. Proof:
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/06/dsi-only-software-is-region-locked/

Even then, a lot of stuff is still not affected in the DSi, but that's irrelevant to you.

Rep:
Level 84
That is kinda weird. Guess it was already broken by the time I bought it. Maybe the last owner tried to catch Missingno or something.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Harvey Birdman for PSP. I love the show, and when I heard the game played like Phoenix Wright I was intrigued. The sad thing is though that it's terribly, horribly short, some of the things you have to do to progress are COMPLETELY random, and Lewis Black's performance (and it makes me sad to say this since I like the guy a lot) was laughably forced.

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
Oh, damn, this is going to be an easy one...

Goddamn Spec Ops (don't remember which one, but it was an old one.)

Gameplay was bad, controls were clunky, game was hilariously short, and there's no motivation to do anything in the game.

It was like Call of Duty if you castrated it. And I don't even like CoD that much (but the Special Operations missions are fun as shit, though.)

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Harvey Birdman for PSP. I love the show, and when I heard the game played like Phoenix Wright I was intrigued. The sad thing is though that it's terribly, horribly short, some of the things you have to do to progress are COMPLETELY random, and Lewis Black's performance (and it makes me sad to say this since I like the guy a lot) was laughably forced.
Well, the PSP is a handheld console so the games tend to be short unless it's a game like Monster Hunter or Disgaea where the amount of gametime you can squeeze out of a game depends on the player's dedication to the game.

And you bought a game for the PSP? :o lol

EDIT: Geez, these smileys are awful. :( I want the old ones backkkk.

Rep:
Level 85
Real Men Make Fan Games
Project of the Month winner for May 2009
I spent $5 for Chaos Legion and I want every penny back plus compensation for the hours of my life I'll never get back...

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Well, the PSP is a handheld console so the games tend to be short

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh not usually.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Eh, kinda, idk. Maybe I'll look at the RPGs I played and see how much playtime is on them.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
handheld games tend to sport shorter individual missions to make them easier to accomplish in a sitting, or saving everywhere, but they can be long enough.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
That might be why I feel like they're shorter. P:

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Yes, exactly.
if you liked the more arcadey feel try saints row 2 mission diversity out the wazoo, fun to play, you can do so many different things. it's like San Andreas 2

and I really liked red dead redemption, there's way more to do you can hunt there are random events. if you're not sure i'd highly suggest a rent.

(for example of things to do I was having trouble beating a minigame because this one guy would always beat me. so i pushed him off a cliff. minigame got beat, i got my outfit scrap and all was well.)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 07:01:40 PM by Strike Reyhi »

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
I spent $5 for Chaos Legion and I want every penny back plus compensation for the hours of my life I'll never get back...
I honestly liked that game to be honest.

--

Another game I regret buying...Armored Core 2, its fun at times but half the time you spend most of the time just getting yourself killed, repairing, getting more ammo, etc. The missions like protecting someone, you can accidently run them over, shoot them, or if you don't shoot the rocks in time they blow up.

:/
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 84

Well, the PSP is a handheld console so the games tend to be short unless it's a game like Monster Hunter or Disgaea where the amount of gametime you can squeeze out of a game depends on the player's dedication to the game.

Most games for the PSP are remakes, so you can't really say that they're shorter than most console games...

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Not really... A good majority of PSP games are original. Patapon? What Have I Done to Deserve This My Lord? MGS:PW? Dissidia? Crisis Core?

In fact, I think the top rated games for PSP are original. Also, the argument against me that these games are long can stand, but it depends on how you play the game as well. Just sayin'.

Rep:
Level 82
Treat Every Game Like Your Last.
Prince or Persia - Rival Swords Wii... =[