RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Final Fantasy IV-II: Skill Demo Here!

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Yeah, ouch. Thanks for saying so. Well, I have all my graphics back in and some script and event tweaking done and skills revamped... tryth be told, I wonder how this game functioned as well as it did, what with all the streamlining I find myself doing.
:tinysmile:

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
All caught up on monssters, now- not that I'm saying the monster DB is finished, just caught up. I was also able to put the warp and exit spell functionality back in, thanks again to grafikal for the event system. I may be all squared up faster than anticipated...

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
That's good. I suppose this is a good reminder to you to backup everything, huh?

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You bet your furry ass, it is! And so far I've done so religiously, every hour.

I just got done with the battle background transition events. Once again, the backgrounds look like where you are in the game instead of that swirly bowl of dog shit default background. This required some map tweaking, but all in all it remains true to what I put there originally and, more importantly, it looks pretty good.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
All is progressing well. As I go through again, the programming gets better and the story gets richer. By the middle of next week, the update should be complete, and will be posted to the file hosting site I use. As the file size is becoming quite large to accomodate the richness of the game, I may need to use an alternative FHS, but all such information will be provided in the update.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Sooooo...

I will be uploading the new version of the demo today, likely around midnight. This should really look nice and sound good. I know the file size is enormous, but please bear with me- it's the only way I could fit the quality I think is needed for a game like this. Stay tuned for demo 2.2!

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
The new demo is here, polished and playable. As always, expect some bugs and report any you find, please. I give you v3.0 ( it's too improved for 2.2) here and on the main page. I hope it's enjoyable!

Rep:
Level 83
When I switch to my Windows partition in a while, I will download and play this.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Sweet! I'd love your opinion.

Rep:
Level 83
Ok, I just downloaded it, and started to play. However, I can not continue. After she puts the guard to sleep in the beginning, I got stuck. Unable to move. I could call the menu but it would not work. I will try it again, and see if I get the same error

EDIT 1:
There is a small error in the beginning. I can call the menu screen while you have the assassin guy. Just a small thing

EDIT 2:
Didn't get stuck this time. Going on with rest of demo.

EDIT 3:
I died immediately after the cutscene when she gets out the the cell. Reason. Random battle with opponents way too strong. Couldn't escape.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 01:10:59 AM by redyugi »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Yeah. Forgot about the menu screen for the intro.

I have never gotten the stuck error in the first dungeon, nor have my PT's. I wonder what happened?

The encounters are supposed to be really hard at first, but I assure you they can be done. And, after the first successful encounter, you can beat the guards MUCH more easily. Keep trying, I promise it can be done. I will, however, take the difficulty into advisement and tone it down it down for the final version.

Thanks for trying it out!

Rep:
Level 76
Please don't make me...
Hm...I'll DL it and try tonight.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
I think there has to be some way to make the first battle easier, for example, a tutorial battle. The first battle was hell for me.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Hm, good idea; maybe a tutorial battle IS in order. You see, while it was intended for the first battle to be hellish (I wanted to give the player the perception that poor li'l Rydia was fragile and weak without her spells), evidently, I took this concept too far. I will fix this in later versions, my friends, and thank you very much for the feedback! This is exactly the kind of information I need to make a better product.

Please let me know your experience of the remainder of the game, gents! 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 06:20:41 PM by EvilM00s »

Rep:
Level 83
Well, I will get around to trying it again later tonight. I rather dislike going over to my Windows partition, but I like the premise of your game so..

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Just want to assure you that development is proceeding, slowly, due to my lack of scripting knowledge. If any of you studly rock star scripters can help with a Piggy/Small/Toad script, PLEASE contact me!

In the meantime, all else is going swimmingly, and should be completed by Christmas!

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Still need a script bailout, but I worked around a bit of writer's block, got the story back on track, and even threw in some easter eggs. Looking at it realistically, maybe Christmas is a bit ambitious, but I'm going to try.

Seems that the spoiler tags are broken...
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 03:36:13 PM by EvilM00s »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Okay, I screwed up. Rather, my electronics did... The big bad guy was called Renshi, right? Yeah. He's a mid game boss. Somehow my troops data was corrupted and put him as a Bintel Magus. I wondered what you were all talking about! Fix'd, and soon a new vesion.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Well, that's two flash drives that have crapped out on me. Fortunately, I have a backup, and have only lost an hour or two of work. Christmas is only a month and a half away, and I hope I can get it done by then...
maybe I can get a new flash drive before then, 'cause this is rediculous.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
BTW, I fixed the data malfunction. Here is the updated file. Please let me know how you like it!

Rep:
Level 75
Death is life's way of firing you
Man, this looks awesome but the game won't play.

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
Rm2k Advanced
Wow this looks really cool, I like where you're going with it. I hope the problems you mentioned get resolved.
http://hawkeyegames.blogspot.com/
My new Rpg Making blog; a new life to the old Hawk Games from 2006

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Man, this looks awesome but the game won't play.

Thank you, sir! Do you have the RTP for vx installed? Did you paste the font in your fonts folder in windows? What's the error message when the game doesn't play?

Rep:
Level 75
Death is life's way of firing you
The fonts might just be the problem. Thanks!