RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Final Fantasy IV-II: Skill Demo Here!

Rep:
Level 83
How can I convert my mp3's to oog? It sounds complicated... but I'd love to if it will save space.

I really haven't been active much since my post here, but now that I look, if you still need it, here are a couple links. I don't use them myself but...

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Thanks, red. I'll poke around and see what works.

As you may have noticed, progress has slowed a bit since Brute Squad came up. We're still working on a game together, and I'm still working on this project. Your patience will be rewarded, I promise! Sometime in the next day or two, another release will be made that brings the player just a tad farther, but the main deal will be bug fixes and better quality to the demo itself.
:tinysmile:

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
So a couple days turned into a couple weeks. Sue me, lol.

Here's version 2.0. Many fixes, more content- a better product. Enjoy!

I hope you like it!

updated to reflect 2.1 changes
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 08:27:40 PM by EvilM00s »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
While I am slightly disappointed by the lack of feedback, the new version has 14 downloads. Cool.

Rep:
Level 83
Vista won't let me download it. Otherwise, I would

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Well, thanks for trying...

Lemme know if you do get it, please.

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
wowowow!!  :) ;) :D ;D :lol: :-X :-X :-X :lol:

Rep:
Level 81
?????????????
;) ;) ;) NICE GAME, BUT GRAPHIC IS VERY MIXED AND DIFFERENT... ;) ;) ;)
遠い銀河からのスーパー戦士。
本は、セバスチャンです。
これは強力で、手に負えない。
彼の物理レベルのスキルは驚嘆です。[/b]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Finally, some more feedback!

wowowow!!  :) ;) :D ;D :lol: :-X :-X :-X :lol:

Thanks! I've tried to make it as entertaining and true to the series as possible. What specifically do you like? Any dislikes?

;) ;) ;) NICE GAME, BUT GRAPHIC IS VERY MIXED AND DIFFERENT... ;) ;) ;)

Can you give some specific examples, please? I will admit, I'm no pixel artist, so I have to depend on a lot of rips. The monsters are not nearly complete, but the ones I have were mostly ripped from PSP Final Fantasy.

Thank you for your feedback! Keep it coming!

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
Lol, I can edit your game in the RMVX Program .. Make it uneditable so it looks more pro and will not be in unhackable state.  :blizj:

Rep:
Level 83
I think he knows that. Alot of the RM games that are made get released are not encrypted. They wait til the final release to encrypt it, and even then, some don't.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Yep, what red said. I don't think I'm gonna encrypt it; aside from the writing, there really is very little oroginal work. I mean, sure, I gathered the resources and arranged them, and tweaked a few settings and numbers here and there, but the only truly original stuff is the icons for the bestiary and the writing.

Not only that, but some inexperienced guy may pick this up and try to figure out how it works so he can build his own game or just pick up some tiles or music they like. It's about sharing, I guess.

I do appreciate the comments!

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
doesn't really matter either way. there are simple simple simple programs that you just drag and drop the encrypted project into it and BAM now unencrypted.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
A freind of mine just played through the demo and pointed out some bugs that need fixing. So it is with renewed purpose that I embark once again on the task of putting together this project, and you can expect to see an update within a month. See you then!

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Okay, updated faster than expected. Here is the new link. It's all the files I'm using so far, including the .bmp image for the installer program that i did not use this time. Anyway, lots of fixes and some new content. Enjoy!

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Okay, new 2.1 file uploaded. It uses the installer program. NOTE: the link is either here or on the main page! I'm too lazy to change the other ones.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 04:00:49 AM by EvilM00s »

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
This is possibly the best fan-game I've seen made by RPG Maker.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Reading that makes all the effort SO worth it. A googleplex thank you's, coz!

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I messed up and gave you an incomplete version! I'll have the error fixed soon!

EDIT: Here is the new installer, with several bugs fixed and some trash removed. This link will take you to the update. A huge thanks to my playtesters, Wayne, Kelly, Brandon and "Bucknasty"!!!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 04:00:08 AM by EvilM00s »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
The next "phase" of the story is complete. The party splits and has two concurrent storylines to play out, culminating in a meeting in an elven city- they pick up the airship, too. I had to fix a ton of scriping that the SBS messed with, but all is now well. I also took grafikal's warp item event system and modified it to allow for the Exit and Warp spells! The monsters now have a more uniform art style, too. Next step is to figure out the Toad, Piggy and Small spells for monster battlers. A new, longer demo is forthcoming!  Until then, dudes.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 03:29:09 AM by EvilM00s »

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
Dude, I gotta give you MAD props! This game is really good.

It actually FEELS like a classic FF game! Holy Shit!

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
It is SO good to see that it's an enjoyable game, and even better to see that it's a good take on the franchise. Thank you so much!

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
OH GODS. I think the USB drive I keep this project on has been fried by my shitty work computer. OH GODS, NO! If the drive is shit, and not just the USB port, I have a ton of catch-up to do. Note to self: always back up your data. SHIT.

I don't get it. All of a sudden, everything to do with RMVX is fucking GONE, dudes. WTH is going on?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 03:23:11 PM by EvilM00s »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
It is confirmed- the USB drive is garbage. All information lost. AAARRRRGH!

Minor setback.

SO, here I go, recompiling resources, backing up files as I go. I see a 2 week moratorium on actual development untill I get caught up with where I was two posts ago. Hopefully I can make it a bit "cleaner" this time... it'll be fun, right?

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
OUCH. ._.;;;;