RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Final Fantasy IV-II: Skill Demo Here!

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Yeah just place it in the same area your other custom scripts are :)
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
You are a rock star, thank you!

Many skills animated and playtested today; desparation attacks testyed for those characters who have them. Meeting the Monday Deadline for a skill demo is very likely!

I could still use some help with a few tasks; please see the updated to-do list on the first page if you want to help.
:tinysmile:

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Working on a few more skills to add to the demo, as well as a game breaking error in a script used for the Asyura skill (thanks, D&P3, yu ar mi heerow).

New DL available by 30.1.2013!

EDIT: Done a day early, the same link will get you the DL. WOO! I'm really excited about this round of work!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 06:15:08 PM by EvilM00s »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Major breakthroughs today! Found a method for polymorph-type spells, and thanks to D&P3, have made the Asyura spell random as it should be.

Next step: Find resources to animate said skills and re-release skill demo. After that, get back to playtesting. I know, what drudgery playing a game must be.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Perhaps someone reading can help out.

I need a character sheet for this fellow:

but with a wide brimmed hat, like a red mage would have. Unfortunately I sprite very badly and cannnot complete the task myself. Any takers?

In other news, the common events for Toad, Piggy and Small are almost done. In addition, the curatives for those conditions are built into the common events! All that's left is a few conditional branches and shrinking the main character sheets to appear half their size.

I have also developed a common event which will allow the Esuna spell to cure all 3 conditions, and the Call spells are done with the exception of two last spells which I am debating including at all.

Back to GIMP, this may take awhile... can't wait, after this I do playtesting and tweaking.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 04:25:40 AM by EvilM00s »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Today's schedule has me looping BGMs and revamping the alchemy for Mornay. Under the new system he will be able to produce several items similar in function to the potion and ether, but at half the cost once the recipie is discovered and used. As a balancing factor, they will not hurt undead like actual potions can. Since the Potion recipies are one-use, they will no longer be random loot nor will reagents be so easily available. I think shops stocling them will have higher prices and fewer monsters will drop them.

Work on animation is going very well, with all the classic call spells finished! I will not be posting an update to the skill demo untill later; my primary goal right now is playtesting and fine-tuning the database, as wel as getiing all the characters from the first half of the game ready to be played in the next demo- this means a lot of graphics work and animations (you'll see why when the demo is released!) After that I'll return to advancing the storyline.

In the meantime, don't forget to look at the to-do list if you feel froggy enough to lend a hand!

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
The link to the demo doesn't work.
Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb!!

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Thank you for pointing that out. This should work, and fixed on the front page as well.

It's plain and unpolished, but it will give you a sense of what the characters will be able to do. MUCH more to come! I just finished 2 more desparation attacks and overhauled the Alchemy system, and unfortunately you won't yet have access to the newer call spells. However, the file is unencrypted and you can mess about with it as you please.

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
OK, didn't know it was only supposed to be a skill demo, hadn't read the demo info before I downloaded and played it. Not much to say about it...=p
Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb!!

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Alright, Earthfont cave is complete, and this brings the game to its midpoint. Progress is slowing because despite my careful planning, I have hit a roadblock in the writing; with all the characters available in the party, the cutscenes are a mess of conditional branches with dialogue that has to not only come from 9 different characters, but all has to make sense when put side by side with the NPC of the moment. It's tough, but I can do it.

Additionally, the Alchemy that Mornat can perform has been updated to produce items that are cheaper and work differently than what's avaulable in the stores. It's as I had envisioned it now.

More Call spell animations are done, as well as several Desperation Attack animations. I'm unsure of when another release will be out, but when it does, I will have all the desperations done and the dialogue refined.

I also took some advice and toned down the number and contents of each treasure chest, as well as making monster encounters a little less difficult, and I'm continuing to smooth out weapon/armor/skill powers. It's beginning to look like this project will be finished before I die.

Rep: +0/-0Level 57
RMRK Junior
Sorry For NecroPosting .
It Looks Awesome ...
You made this for how many months eh ?
---------------------------------------

What if Everything is just a Myth? How come baby!!

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Quite a few! And as you can see, it is even noe taking the back burner. Real life sucks, man, but there will be a time when this game is finished. Probably not soon, but that time will come.

To answer your question, altogether I've put in about a year of work over tha past 4 years. It was my learning game, and I wish I would have listened to the forum when they said something this size for your first game is stupid.

Rep:
Level 82
Quite a few! And as you can see, it is even noe taking the back burner. Real life sucks, man, but there will be a time when this game is finished. Probably not soon, but that time will come.

To answer your question, altogether I've put in about a year of work over tha past 4 years. It was my learning game, and I wish I would have listened to the forum when they said something this size for your first game is stupid.

As long as you are enjoying the process, that's what really matters.

One of the main reasons, I'd think, for suggesting to do something smaller first, is that people tend to get bored and they'll either never finish (and move on to something else - something I know I'm quite guilty of myself) or they will rush it and it'll be a terrible. But if you are happy taking your time, and there's really no rush to get it done, just enjoy it as you go.

Once you do finish, though, you know you'll have something you are proud of and that's really all that matters.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)