RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k3] Touhou Fantasy

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
I don't think many HAVE been able to deal with it, outside of not doing any custom abilities at all. Or just waiting until the ability ends and THEN inputting the commands. @_@;;

Rep:
Level 85

Just so you guys don't think I'm dead! Yes, I haven't really done ANYTHING in the past 2-3 months, but that's due to lack of motivation, and then suddenly playing a lot of Fire Emblem. Oh, and me falling out of Touhou kinda has something to do with it. But do not fear! I will still be working on this game to try and finish it! Main focus is on the mapping itself. This map up here is the newly revamped Misty Lake (the final area where you fight Cirno). Took a bit to get this looking right, and well...here it is! Now it's up-to-date (for the most part) with the rest of the game's maps!

This leaves SDM, Eientei, and Human Village in need of revamping. Once those are done, then I'll continue working on the actual story itself proper!

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Keep at it, brother. Even if it takes years, finish. *waves little pom poms*
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
I'm still alive, too.  I know, it's a miracle.

Rep:
Level 85
Nice to see that you're alive. What all can you do for the project now? I forget. x_x;;

So...I finally think I got something worth using for revamping my mansion:

Old map

God...that default 2k3 tileset with just a few extra stuff never did settle well. But I never could find something to replace it. Until now:

New version of front foyer:

Close-up

Full view

Don't worry, the size of this map WILL get cut down. That, and some parts (such as the tall walls by the stairs) will get trimmed down too. Not sure how to handle the walls though if I were to extend the stairs to a second floor. I guess I COULD have the stairs go to another screen, but since a cutscene plays here with Remilia being on the balcony of the stairs then leaping down, that's not something I'm willing to change...any suggestions on what to do here? The lobby is meant to be more...circular, but outside of that, I'm not sure what else to do for the rest of the mansion. Like...how many rooms there should be or whatnot. : S

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
As my personal text says, I'm a jack of all trades.  I can do just about any task you throw at me, though they might not be extremely great, they can be useful if not only as a filler.  Anyways, if you want to make it more circular, you could use this pixel chart as a reference so you can get the wall positioning right.  Try basing it off of the amount of pixels in the hallway leading to it.

http://i.imgur.com/9PGer.jpg

(would have linked it as an image here, but it's a really big picture, so just decided on it as a link, instead.)

Rep:
Level 85
Well then, perhaps you can come up with a good idea of how to redo Eientei then? I have a little map that I'm probably going to use for SDM's first and second floor, so I'll probably be using those (based off an actual western mansion at that).

http://www.archivaldesigns.com/home-plans/mumbai-house-plan

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Hmmm. I dunno, the layout is reminiscent of old NES games. They were traditionally spacious.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Hmmm. I dunno, the layout is reminiscent of old NES games. They were traditionally spacious.

The SDM is considered to be quiet spacious, or at least that's what Xenomic is trying to do.  It's supposed to be 3x bigger on the inside than the outside.

Rep:
Level 85
They were aye, but I feel like this area doesn't need to be particularly huge in terms of mapping, especially since for the most part, floors 1 and 2 don't have any random encounters outside of one event where there's map encounters (touch encounters). The hallways will still be a little bit wider than normal, but that's to accomodate for the player being able to get pass enemies in hallways.

Of course, now that Jjwebb brought that up...I do need to keep it at least semi-big, but not as big as it is right now for the main lobby. Hmm...

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Well then, perhaps you can come up with a good idea of how to redo Eientei then?

Anything specific you want/need in Eientei?

Rep:
Level 85
Well, if you know how Eientei already is, then you know it's meant to be one big puzzle dungeon. But the thing is...right now, it does it very poorly...

The puzzles:

1) First puzzle is to find the real entrance, out of like 20 doors. Where the real entrance is hidden on a pathway right by the entrance, and only really observant players will see the hidden pathway. While I'd like to keep this idea for the first area, having NOT 20 doors that respawn everytime you reenter the main hallway and having the hidden pathway either being easier to see or better hinted at might help.

2) Tewi boo ring. This isn't going anywhere, but the room will probably change to look better.

3) The six doors, where 4 are where you NEED to go (one for Reimu/Patchouli & Meiling/Reisen/everyone), and the other 4 being Trap Doors that'll spit you out at various places instead. Not sure what to do with this room, whether to keep or not.

4) The three hallways, with the first being the quiz hallway, second being the battle hallway, and third being a break. Dunno if these should stay or not (the quiz one will probably be different or be an action puzzle hallway)

5) The infinite door hallway: Where the solution is to go back the way you came!

6) Maze hallway, where you have to go through a specific set of hallways before winding up in the infamous instant death pitfall hallway with the bomb that if you don't get to the door in 2-3 minutes, you instantly die. Yeah...the instant death pitfalls need to go or something. I need to rethink this area in general.

So yeah...some ideas SEEMED good at the time, but in the end, they're not all that great so they need revamped...

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
Alright, this helps, though I probably will need more info on ones you didn't give much on or ones you aren't certain you want (2, 3, etc.)  Though I agree.  The quiz section in 4 is a bit tedious, especially for those who don't know much about Touhou.

Rep:
Level 85
Well, the Tewi Boo Ring is fine I think. That's probably the ONLY thing that's alright with the dungeon itself. Everything else? I'm not entirely sure...the 4 doors is meant to give some insight as to future events in a way (the Koakuma one in particular, with the upcoming Remilia fight, and then the Keine one hinting at Mokou. Suika and Forest Maze are kinda just there).

In other news, SDM front lobby FINALLY updated...my god...

A LOT spiffier than before. Just took an entire day to actually do since everyone at RPGMaker.net was yelling at me about it being too big and stuff. And then I finally split it into two maps, but now I'm not sure if that was a good idea. So, what do you guys think?

A) Merge the two floors together?
B) Keep them separate?
C) Use Instant Warp transition on stairs to switch between floors?

Since this is taken care of now, I can probably start fixing up the rest of the mansion. And guess what? There's going to be a lot of rooms now. Not really big rooms, mind you, but there's going to be more. Hopefully that's not an issue? ^^;

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
Kurosuhato Rokkuriba (Crossed Heart, Rock River)
Well, the Tewi Boo Ring is fine I think. That's probably the ONLY thing that's alright with the dungeon itself. Everything else? I'm not entirely sure...the 4 doors is meant to give some insight as to future events in a way (the Koakuma one in particular, with the upcoming Remilia fight, and then the Keine one hinting at Mokou. Suika and Forest Maze are kinda just there).

In other news, SDM front lobby FINALLY updated...my god...

A LOT spiffier than before. Just took an entire day to actually do since everyone at RPGMaker.net was yelling at me about it being too big and stuff. And then I finally split it into two maps, but now I'm not sure if that was a good idea. So, what do you guys think?

A) Merge the two floors together?
B) Keep them separate?
C) Use Instant Warp transition on stairs to switch between floors?

Since this is taken care of now, I can probably start fixing up the rest of the mansion. And guess what? There's going to be a lot of rooms now. Not really big rooms, mind you, but there's going to be more. Hopefully that's not an issue? ^^;

The bottom floor you are better off darkening by brightness as a paralax while you are at the second floor to give a bit of a slight realistic effect that you are at the floor above. So B and C is my option to choose from.
We were all newbies at first (Low Level), Then we suffer, We became greater as we fought (Mid Level) and now then we stare in the face of the end of the world! (High Level)

Rep:
Level 85
By Paralax??I never messed with paralax that much so...not sure on how to do that? Do I...do I save the first floor as an image and then darken it and then use it here or...?? I wouldn't know @_@;

Rep:
Level 85
So, have some new screenies of other parts of the SDM!

Left hallway (bottom):

Ballroom/Living Quarters (whichever you think fits):

Still don't know what all rooms will be around. There's about 8 more rooms that can be put into the left hallway here. One of them (the one at the bottom right with the armor knight statues) will probably either be an art gallery or weapon gallery. If art gallery, I might have paintings be inspectable and show art from other games or something. If weapon gallery, will probably have sprites of weapons from other games (such as say, Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy) and place them in there for reference~

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
By Paralax??I never messed with paralax that much so...not sure on how to do that? Do I...do I save the first floor as an image and then darken it and then use it here or...?? I wouldn't know @_@;

Well you got the screenshot and if you use editing programs such as photoshop where you can adjust the brightness of the image, keep the same resolutions and well you should be able to see it at the RPG Maker 2009 and 2003 editor itself so you can sort of see where the map it's going to end up.

Let me show you an example.

The first map you see with the black walls is the first floor.

The second map is what you see above the floor.

Now if you combine images of both. you get this result.

To do the map. You may need HyperP2 Demo to make the map [which you may already have]

Consulting the Floor 1 map. You might need to darken it as I have said before with a program that can be able to edit the picture much like photoshop like an effect to give you an Idea that you are at the floor above!
We were all newbies at first (Low Level), Then we suffer, We became greater as we fought (Mid Level) and now then we stare in the face of the end of the world! (High Level)

Rep:
Level 85
New and exciting screenshots for the day! OH BOY!

Updated bathroom:

Kitchen (there is now a 4x3 rug in the center of the kitchen):

Updated Living Room:

Bedroom:

Updated Ballroom:

C&C is welcome. Anything wrong with the maps? Too big? Too small? Something doesn't look right? Let me know! It'll be nice to hear from guys outside of RPGMaker.net on these things! The last room for the left hallway is the "weapon gallery", which is going to be tricky since I'm not sure on how big it'll be, and I do want to show several weapons in there. Any suggestions on said weapons would be nice (LttP Master Sword WAS suggested, but it wouldn't look right in here sadly). Hope to hear from ya'll~ ^^

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
In the living room, I thing the main carpet is too big D:

Rep:
Level 85
Yeah, trimmed it down so that it's on the edge of the couches on both sides.

Some new screenies for the day. Still working on these, but I'm already done with the left hallway, working on the right. 4 more rooms on the right hallway left to do!

Weapon Gallery:

Patchouli's Room:

Kudos to anyone that can figure out what all of the weapons are! Try and guess, go on! For those of you curious, here's what each of them are!

Spoiler for:
Top Wall: Magical Broom (Tales of Phantasia), Godhand (FFTA)
Left-Top Wall: Mjolnir (FFV), Excalibur (FFV), Kusanagi no Tsurugi (FFTA), Ragnell (FE:A)
Right-Top Wall: Gradivus (FE: A), Mysteltinn (FE: A), Falchion (FE: A), Materia Blade (FFT)
Left Wall: Oathkeeper (Kingdom Hearts), Gungnir (FE: A)
Right Wall: Masamune (Chrono Trigger), Fairy's Bow (FFV)
Left Middle Display: Apollo Harp (FFV), Divinestone (FE: A), Magic Cape (LttP)
Right Middle Display: Moon Pearl (LttP), Mirror Shield (LttP), Silver Bow & Arrow (LttP)

Not used but on the sheet: Artemis Bow (FFV), Star Rod (Tales of Phantasia)

Originally was going to have another weapon gallery that'd be similar to FFV's Tablet room, where you'd have 12 weapons and needed to get "Tablets" or whatever to unseal the weapons to get. Was going to have each of the weapons in that room be the character's ultimate weapon. Not sure if I'll still do that or not (I don't have very many sprites I can use for each character...)...

Any suggestions for any rooms would be appreciated~ Also C&C is always welcomed! ^^

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
*See's keyblade*
I'm going to have to play this game now.

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
*See's keyblade*
I'm going to have to play this game now.

I see it too. It's the Oathkeeper.

Rep:
Level 85
Ok, so to get this out of the way and explain what each dungeon is supposed to be like, here's a blog on each dungeon's design! Perhaps this will help me out with figuring out what to do with various dungeons, or maybe ya'll can give me ideas! In any case, here's some groundwork rules that I kinda set for myself:

1) Generally try to avoid having dungeons span for more than 10 maps. Obviously, some dungeons are going to bypass this limit due to how they are (Hollowed Caverns hits around 20-30 some odd rooms, while Cave to Pandaemonium has 100 rooms, but all are tiny rooms). This is due in-part to A) Wanting the areas to be explorable, moreso than in some other games, and B) Encounter rate being set to 80 (meaning 1 in 80 chance of an encounter each step).

2) Maps tend to be less than 100x100. That's a general rule of thumb. Some dungeons DO exceed this though, but are generally 1-2 screens long and that's it for the dungeon. Various items and abilities (and a couple characters as well) help alleviate the tediousness of some of the dungeons.

3) After completing a dungeon, oftentimes an option to let the player skip past the dungeon entirely will be open. Not always will this be the case however!

4) Each dungeon tends to have 1 Notorious Monster (that being that one monster that'll wreck face if the player is not prepared).

With that out of the way, time to go over each of the dungeons/locations, in order of when you can visit them!

Spoiler for:
Beta1:

Non-Dungeons

Hakurei Shrine: No dungeon gimmicks here, as it's the starting point of the game, and thus can be conceived as a "base" of sorts. I may do something to make it more of a homebase or the like. Not sure what though...does need to be sized down both on the outside and inside I feel. Moreso on the inside than outside.

Human Village: Split into two segments: North and South. North is more of the living center, with the School being there, while the South is more of the business center, with a couple homes there. Both sides need revamped significantly, and I may just relegate all homes in the south to the north. Not sure what all "shops" should be in the south, as after a certain point in the game, both villages are destroyed.

Kourindou: Only one or two boss fights ever happen here, but it's otherwise just a location. Needs revamped badly though...it looks terrible, is too big, and doesn't feel like Kourindou at all.

Marisa's House: Only one boss fight ever happens here, and thus nothing else. Would LIKE to do more with this area, but don't know what. Needs revamped badly I think...

Alice's House: One of the last few maps made before I got back into the game. Site of some sidequests that'll come later, but not sure what yet.

Myouren Temple: Some fights happen here only in the intro thus far. Otherwise, just another location. Needs to be sized down tremendously though, especially on the inside.

Sunflower Field: SUPPOSEDLY, but it's kinda destroyed and you only visit it once to fight Yuuka. So nothing needs to really be done here.

Mayohiga: Two boss fights happen here in the story, but other than that there's nothing else to this place. Supposed to be a deserted town really, but not run-down. Needs to be revamped badly but not sure HOW to go about doing so without making it too huge...

Dungeons

Misty Lake: Fully revamped. It's still a basic tutorial dungeon, introducing some aspects of the battle system as well as some of the dungeon gimmicks that'll appear later on. Most of it is paying attention to the surrounding area for suspicious things, which leads to either finding items or progressing in the dungeon (moving towards rocks will allow the player to jump across the rocks, looking for breaks in the lake edge to walk across the water, etc.). Nothing hard and is relatively short. Misty Lake is the first to feature two separate paths: Easy and Hard. Easy having easier enemies but is relatively longer, while Hard is generally shorter but has stronger enemies and sometimes better rewards.

Scarlet Devil Mansion: Currently being revamped at the moment. The mansion consists of the first floor, second floor, roof, library, and basement. During the first visit, there are no enemies, but from the second visit onwards, once the player has access to the library and basement, they can fight random encounters. Second visit also features the first touch encounters of the game, found only in the first and second floors of the mansion. After the second visit is completed, these encounters will disappear from the mansion.

The mansion layout is relatively smaller compared to before, but many more rooms have been added for flavor and exploration. In addition, the library will be still be a maze, but not sure if there'll be any other gimmicks. I have to make sure that the player doesn't accidentally walk off the top of bookshelves to other areas, meaning I may have to pull a Change Tileset like I do with bridges and the like. The basement...I'm not sure on what to do yet. It may still be an underground maze as well, but more dark-oriented. I don't know, any suggestions?

Forest of Magic: Technically the second dungeon of the game. It's still relatively basic and even shorter than Misty Lake, even moreso on the Hard Path. It introduces status effects with the various enemies. Slightly revamped from the original.

Bamboo Forest: Completely revamped from the original, losing the Hard Path (for now), as well as the sign puzzles, instant death pitfalls, and forest maze. Instead, it is two screens long and features a mini-maze in the first area, and a pitfall area where falling into the pits doesn't instantly game over you, and instead sends you back to the first area through a pit with a Tewi? enemy inside it.

Eientei: Needs revamped from scratch. I've no idea how to make this work, and I'd rather avoid the door maze, but it needs to not be the way it is right now. The first visit has 10 rooms, but they're all terribly done. However, I WANT to keep the escape sequence in, so it needs to be decently long for the dungeon for the escape sequence to matter, and the Tewi Boo Carousel room must stay as well.

For those curious, the following gimmicks are in this dungeon:

Room #1: 20 doors, all Trap Doors. Behind some doors are treasures, but entering a door and leaving will reset all Trap Doors. The real path forward is through a hidden path right by the entrance.

Room #2: Tewi Boo Carousel.

Room #3: 8 doors, 4 are Trap Doors and entering them will spit the player out into earlier parts of the dungeon. The other 4 are illusion doors, where the player must find the one thing that's "off" about certain scenarios, or navigate a forest maze. Nothing spectacular at all.

Room #4: Quiz hallway. First chest requires the player to answer 5 questions in a row, second requires 12 in a row. Last chest requires the player to give it a 1-Up to continue.

Room #5: Battle Gauntlet. Two/three chests with enemies. Nothing special as they're enemies from Bamboo Forest.

Room #6: Nothing! Break hallway essentially with a save point and teleporter.

Room #7: Infinite hallway. Wraps around horizontally and has a bunch of doors, all which spit the player out in earlier parts of the dungeon. Way forward is back the way the player entered.

Room #8: Two parts. First part is just a hallway maze, requiring the player to find the correct hallway to progress forward. Second part has instant death pitfalls (player can tell they're near one by the ground shaking when they step on a tile close to one). The MAIN gimmick, however, is the player has to find and bring an armed bomb to the exit within 2 minutes or else they instantly game over. Terribly executed all around.

Room #9: Mini-boss and save point/teleporter.

Room #10: Boss room.

Beta2:

Underschool: Revamped quite a bit, including treasures hidden by pathways and the first introduction of walking over lava (no random encounters happen in lava however). The dungeon has been sized down considerably in some areas as well. Enemies are quite dangerous however, in particular the Toxic Flowers due in-part to the Bio spells. May have to readjust the damage on those later...

Youkai Mountain: The main portion of beta2. Not sure if it really needs revamped TOO badly, but it could do with a slight makeover perhaps? There's no real gimmick to the area. It's just a long-winded path that just takes time to get through. Enemies aren't nothing special in any of the areas. First introduces split parties however!

Winter Forest: A straightforward dungeon with no real gimmicks. The vast majority of enemies are Ice-elemental and use Ice-elemental attacks however, so the player can plan around this a bit. Not too terribly long either. Already fully revamped.

Hakugyokurou: The main dungeon itself is in the second screen on the stairs, which is a massive 30x300 map with touch encounters. The gimmick here? The player cannot run from any fights they get into, and all enemies are Ghost-type enemies, meaning most physical attacks are useless against them. However, the player gets to use Youmu here who's strong against Ghosts, and Reimu (with Youkai Buster) and Sanae (with Falling Stars) can also easily defeat enemies in this area. In the actual Hakugyokurou, which needs a slight revamp on the inside, it's generally small (except for the Yojana Garden to a degree, which has hidden items). Nothing too special happens in the main area aside from a few storyline fights however. Yojana Garden is the only place revamped.

Eientei: Also needs revamped on the second visit. The player cannot return to the first visit locations as the way is sealed, but can now grab any treasures behind the doors in the first areas since Trap Doors are gone. Main bulk of second visit is just a door maze...nothing exciting, but several touch encounters in various rooms that drop rare and powerful items and equipment. Needs revamped.

Beta3:

Road of Reconsideration/Higan: Only the first visit is required to complete the dungeon, as any return trips will allow you to completely skip the main dungeon. Main bulk of the dungeon is 2 large screens, but nothing special about the dungeon itself. The enemies however are mirror images of the player's playable characters, with level 5 versions of several of the character's skills and oftentimes dropping a character-specific crafting item (as well as carrying a level 3 scroll to steal most of the time, with the exception of a couple characters carrying very rare scrolls). After the 2 screens, the screens are super tiny, and has 2 bosses as well as a shop area (mostly to buff up Komachi as she's required for a boss). Court of Hell has no special gimmicks, but is the site of where the player can obtain Advent Cirno (requires them to use Cirno solo). Road of Reconsideration has already been revamped.

Remains of Hell: One of few dungeons that doesn't allow the player to warp throughout it, and thus is a slogfest. First visit forces the player to use a party of Reimu/Marisa/Momiji, and the dungeon is fairly long with some decently strong enemies. Also features walking on lava and the first to introduce passing under bridges. Has a gimmick of finding a fake wall in order to progress forward in the dungeon. After the Remains of Hell, the player will enter the Ancient City (which needs revamped) where the player can find a shop and some items. Next area is the Palace of Earth Spirits (needs sized down and revamped slightly), where the player must find their way to Satori (no actual gimmick to the dungeon, but a lot of paths to go down and several dead-ends). Several visits require the player to come to the Palace of Earth Spirits, but only the first visit doesn't warp the player back outside.

Second visit will unlock the Blazing Fires of Hell, which is relatively short and nothing spectacular. Needs revamped kinda.

Bamboo Forest Clearing: Only one screen, which is where Mokou is fought. Doesn't need revamped at all.

Poltergeist Mansion: Main gimmick is to find 4 books to get a key in a hidden basement. Mansion is home to several powerful enemies, all of various statuses. After defeating the Poltergeist Sisters, player is forced with a specific party of their choosing and are thus locked inside the mansion. Heading into the second area (needs revamped), the player will navigate a straightforward area but be forced into an enemy gauntlet. After defeating a couple bosses, player is forced with a specific party for the final boss of beta3. Main part of the mansion is already revamped.

Beta4:

Misty Lake: Exactly the same as first visit, only with fog and stronger enemies.

Scarlet Devil Mansion: Same as all other visits, except stronger enemies in library and basement.

Remains of Hell: Player is forced to use Marisa/Momiji/Yuugi for a while, then Yuugi is replaced with Koishi, and finally Utsuho joins. Second half requires the player to find 4 hidden switches to progress forward into the dungeon. Map isn't terribly large, but features bats that will drain the player's HP upon contact and CAN fatally kill characters. This area has already been revamped.

Youkai Mountain: First part is forced party of Sanae/Hina/Minoriko/Shizuha and is pretty close to a reenactment of the first time Sanae's party was used. Afterwards, player must go to the Kappa Caves which is a straightforward dungeon. Afterwards, player is locked into Bhava-Agra and must defeat the bosses there to progress in the game.

Dream World: Player is forced to use only Yuuka. Relatively long scenario, but forces the player to decide whether to fight or run, and what to use with Yuuka in general. Features several 1v1 boss fights that need revamped.

Scarlet Devil Mansion Dimensional Rift: Forced party of Remilia and Koakuma. Simply a teleporter maze, but a very short one. Feel like I could do more with this but not sure.

Icicle Caverns: Forced party of Iku and Letty. VERY straightforward dungeon and boring. Main gimmick is all previous Notorious Monsters can be fought here.

Insect Forest: Main party is Mystia and Wriggle, later joined by Chen and Tewi. Decently long scenario, but easy enemies and no dungeon gimmicks. Meant as a way to gather items and yen without overleveling the main playable characters.

Eastern Forest: Straightforward dungeon. Needs revamped badly, though will take some time as mapping forests is a pain in the butt. Not sure if it should have any dungeon gimmicks. Enemy encounters are of various elemental fairies, meaning the player is forced to think of which party members to bring and what equipment to wear.

Cave to Makai: The longest dungeon in the game, up to 2-3 hours give or take depending on how players play. Features several bosses and many types of enemies, as well as various dungeon gimmicks (mazes, invisible paths, switches, pitfalls that spit the player back to the previous area, etc.). The dungeon could stand to be revamped slightly. Features various maps from other Final Fantasy games. Coming here too early forces the player to fight Omega, whom the player should not be able to defeat (and will ultimately lose to).

And that's the main bulk of this article! All of the beta1-4 dungeons, as well as the non-dungeon locations! Suzuran will more than likely appear later on as a library of sorts for the various character information, equipment, and the such. Any C&C, and/or ideas, will be much obliged. If needed, I can get a screenshot of each area in the game?

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
GGRRRRRAAAGGGHHHH!!!!!  Screw rmrk.net for sometimes not sending me e-mails when there's an update!  Even though I haven't been here since the last comment and was waiting for it, it didn't send me a notice when you said something new!  So annoying.  Anyways, I'll look into it, might take me some time.