RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k3] Touhou Fantasy

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
Some new screenies for ya'll interested! First up, the newly revamped Hakurei Shrine!

The shrine has been massively reduced in size both inside and outside. So now it doesn't take a minute to walk through the entire place! In addition, finding the Yin-Yang Orb weapon is a lot easier now as there's a visual indicator.

And last but not least, Kourindou has received a new look outside!

The inside of Kourindou is next to get reskinned. Moriya Shrine also got redone and reduced in size, so there's another area much smaller in size! Once Kourindou is done, Myouren Temple may be the next thing to be done...or Human Village. One or the other! Several maps may NOT be touched at all (some due to already being redone, such as Misty Lake, Road of Reconsideration, and Winter Forest) as they don't really need it TOO terribly. Others though (such as Eientei and possibly Cave to Makai) need it super badly. We'll see what happens! Don't worry though...eventually I'll progress the actual story and get beta5 done! Someday...

Rep:
Level 67
Jack of all Trades
The new Hakurei Shrine looks really good now!  Keep up the good work! :D

Rep:
Level 51
RMRK Junior
Yeah these are looking very nice. i missed a lot of action in the couple weeks I haven't been watching this. Wow.

Rep:
Level 85
No, don't worry. Game's not dead, just took a big break because I couldn't think of some puzzles is all.

So! Here are the currently implemented puzzles in new Eientei! No screenshots sadly this time...

Battle Room: 10 chests, all with random encounters (up to 10 sets of encounters per chest). The key is in one of these chests, and once the key is obtained, then the chests will stop giving enemies. However, if the player leaves the room without the key and comes back, all chests will respawn with different encounters, and the key will move to a completely different chest.

Hidden Passageway Room: Invisible maze, so to speak. You have to activate a switch at the start of the room, which gives 30 seconds (time pending as I haven't tested any of these rooms yet) for you to get to where the key is and pick it up. Otherwise, you have to reset the timer and try again. Nothing too difficult as there's nothing in the way.

Moving Floor Room: Based on Final Fantasy V's Desert of Shifting Sand area. Basically, you walk on a tile, and it'll move you in the direction it's facing. Have to get to the center area where the key is, but there's also a couple treasure chests strewn about in the area.

Sound Puzzle: Listen to a set of 5 sounds and play them back by finding the appropriate sound player and playing them in the correct order. Five levels, with level 1/2 giving 2 seconds between each note, level 3/4 giving 1 second, and level 5 giving half a second (times pending).

Now, the final room is what's kept me from finishing the new Eientei, as I've been trying to come up with an idea for a while now (a good half a week to week actually). I MAY have one though, based on Paper Mario, where you enter the room and pick up the key, but the door locks on you. You have to either:

A) Put the key back to open the door. Obviously not the right solution as you need the key, or

B) Give up items to open the door.

Basically, there's 3 pillars, and each will ask you to give up specific items and in specific amounts. For instance, the first pillar would ask something like "Sacrifice P x25/Lapis x10/Potion Berry x3/F x1?", then you choose whichever one you want to do and it'll remove that amount from your inventory. If the player doesn't have enough of any given items asked, they can pick up the items they already put down, put the key back, and then leave the room to get the required items. Once the player leaves the room with the key, they can never go back into the room to reclaim the items.

So yeah! That's how new Eientei is looking thus far! What do you guys think of the final puzzle? It's not much of a puzzle but...^^;;

Rep:
Level 85
So to share everything I've done thus far, here's what's up! First up, the five puzzle rooms:

Battle Room:

Hidden Passageway Room:

Item Sacrifice Room:

Moving Floor Room:

Sound Room:

In addition, Eientei now has a couple galleries similar to SDM! One has items that the player can take, and the other is just cameo appearances with dialogue from the characters (which I plan on implementing in the SDM version too...just waiting until later though). See if you can spot the cameos!

Getting closer and closer to finishing this dungeon. Though now I feel like I should revamp OTHER dungeons before releasing this patch. Ugh...>_< Wish I had more help on mapping to make this faster, or even more people to brainstorm with. That's my main issue right now is I just can't think of a good way to handle most of these new designs. It's kinda sad in a way. @_@;

Rep:
Level 85
Ok, so since I FINALLY finished Eientei (thank gods...) for the first visit, and while I'm waiting for someone to fix up the events for something later in the game before I release this massive patch, I am thinking of adding in a new area to the game where the player can get information on their characters, equipment, abilities, etc.. Originally, I wanted to have it so that the item you get from this shop (which for now will teleport the player to the shop instead of what it was going to be used for, which was to be like the Book of Combat (I forgot who gave me that now...)) would do this instead but...I don't know how to handle this.

Basically, the book was to be a glossary of something like say...

Characters
**Reimu Hakurei
***Bio/Elemental Resistances/Status Resistances/Secondary Command(s) data/Ability data (for skills)
Locations
Items
Weapons
Shields
Armor
Helmet
Accessories

The problem though is:

A) I am not sure how to handle this at all, especially given that not all abilities will be available to the player, and the shop could easily give away what abilities do (though I guess that's not too big of an issue I guess).
B) If I were to have the book do this, it's even more perplexing to me than if I were to do it via the shop, as I don't know how I'd avoid spoilers for characters not yet obtained...

So yeah, if anyone can help, that'd be swell! These are the prototype screens for said glossary thing (for the characters at least). Some statuses are no longer there at all (Charm is completely gone, and Amnesia got merged with Blind. Other statuses may not be here either).

So yeah! Would there be anyone interested in helping a bro out with this? There's a lot of stuff that needs done, and I'd love to do this for the player so they can actually know exactly what everything does without having to have the ReadMe file open all the time. >_<

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
'_')/ words from a friendly resident Youkai

Thought I'd drop by & tell you that the first page of your topic, the images link don't seem to work & apparently Photobucket took down the images of your concept sprites (?)
try to keep the 1st page updated too, that way, if new people want to try your game, they won't have to look around the pages for the latest demo with all your updates, last time it was updated was December of last year, thought I'd drop by to tell you this.

Rep:
Level 85
That's because my Photobucket exceeded its bandwidth (first time I've ever had that happened too...). So it'll be fine once the month is over with. Kinda wish there wasn't such a bandwidth limit >_>;;

And I know. That's because I haven't released any new patches yet for the game since then. Yes, I've been kinda busy doing other things like updating the beta1 segments to NOT suck terribly, as well as doing LPs and the like. ^^;;

Rep:
Level 85
Newest update patch for Touhou Fantasy is here after 5 months of no patches! Here's what's new!

*All beta1 dungeons have been completely revamped, with the exception of the Human Village. In addition, some beta2-4 dungeons have been changed as well. These are as follows:

**Kourindou: Map has been severely overhauled.
**Hakurei Shrine Map has been severely overhauled and reduced in size.
**Misty Lake: Map has been severely overhauled. Now introduces various elements to the game that the player must pay attention to in the environment, such as where to cross over hidden areas or to jump over rocks.
**Scarlet Devil Mansion: Map has been severely overhauled. Many new rooms added, many new items, a sidequest (after getting Marisa back), and much smaller maps.
**Bamboo Forest: Map overhauled and now only 2 screens big. No more instant death pitfalls or sign mazes.
**Eientei: Map completely overhauled. All of the old aspects of Eientei bar the trap door segment has been completely changed. No more instant death pits, instant death bombs, quizzes, or door mazes.
**Winter Forest: Map has been overhauled.
**Hakugyokurou: The garden has been resized and overhauled.
**Poltergeist Mansion: Maps have been overhauled bar the basement areas.
**Forest of Magic: Map has been slightly overhauled.
**Remains of Hell: Maps have been overhauled bar Ancient City, Blazing Fires of Hell, and Chireiden.
**Road of Reconsideration: Map completely revamped, and now a hidden treasure added. In addition, once the player has finished Road of Reconsideration at least once, they can skip the dungeon straight to Court of Hell.

*Many bugfixes have been done. Whether or not HRCS/party swap will be buggy is left unknown at the current time (one of the few things I haven't gotten around to testing, so if you find that you cannot add/remove party members properly, do let me know so I can fix it immediately).

Version 1.119: http://www.mediafire.com/download/hxhtc5k9pez572l/Touhou_Fantasy_Update_Patch_1.119.rar

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior

To do the map. You may need HyperP2 Demo to make the map [which you may already have]

Is that dungeon generator a part of RM2k(3)? Or is it part of some hack?

Rep:
Level 85
That's part of it. Also, what's with all of the random maps there? I know I didn't make most of those maps...o_o;;

Rep:
Level 85
Zzzz....apparently there were a couple bad teleport events that I had to fix, and had to fix up Eientei's final door so that you had to have all 5 keys to enter (hopefully I didn't screw that up).

Map Fix Patch for 1.119: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fpbwhjs3cqpr024/Touhou_Fantasy_1.119_Map_Fix_Patch.rar

Do let me know if there are any other errors...

Rep:
Level 85
Alright, so I need help figuring out what to do with the following:

1) Double EXP: Well, technically I can make the EXP rate any value I want form 0% to whatever %. So here's the question: If put into the game, should it be an effect of an ability (and by who)? Or should it be someone's battle passive? Or equipment exclusive?

2) Double Item Drop: Same dealio here as with Double EXP, can make the item drop any amount I want. Again, ability or character battle passive?

3) Sell-High: Enables the party to sell items at a lower/higher price. Again, adjustable like the others. Overworld passive for who?? Or equipment ability exclusive?

4) Haggle: Enables the party to buy items at lower/higher prices. Same dealio as before.

So that's the main thing right now in terms of abilities. In addition, I am HEAVILY thinking of making Marisa's and Yuuka's Master Sparks (as well as Marisa's Dragon Meteor, Final Spark, and Harvest Master Spark) be AoE. Yes...that would mean they'd get buffed considerably alone from that. Not sure on that though...so there's everything thus far that I need to figure out. Yes yes, don't worry...beta5 will happen someday. Ironing out the current beta is kinda important too! I am heavily thinking of redoing Eientei's 2nd visit right now, but it's not imperative at the current time. Same with Human Village and Chireiden, but all three will eventually be revamped.

Now the question here! Should I revamp the other dungeons/areas that could use them? Or should I continue work on beta5??

Characters missing battle passives:[/IT]

Spoiler for:
Yumemi
Suwako
Keine
Alice

Characters missing overworld passives:

Spoiler for:
Aya (Sight is queued but not implemented)
Momiji (Awareness is queued but not implemented)
Youmu (Vantage is queued but not implemented)
Advent Cirno
Byakuren
Hope
Remilia
Meiling
Keine
Utsuho
Koishi
Nue
Rinnosuke

Rep:
Level 51
RMRK Junior
Put in spoilers because of names.
Spoiler for:
Keine would kinda make sense for double (maybe not double exactly more like 1.2-1.5x) experience seeing as she is a teacher and all.  as for item drop rate I think Alice would actually be good for that. Items are usually important to get in this game (especially for crafting) and seeing how Alice is a later character you get it would be good on her, Passive could be called (Doll) Scavenge. as for Keine it could be called just Teacher.

Rep:
Level 85
http://www.mediafire.com/download/j7ncx73c4fyvurd/Touhou_Fantasy_1.119_Map_Fix_Patch.rar

Because teleport events still weren't fixed on left path for Misty Lake for some reason...

Spoiler for:
Though would it fit with Alice is the question? She's the final character you would get on the bad ending path (the final character you would get on the good ending path is Rinnosuke), so that means you don't get her until basically right at endgame. Hmm...

Keine may very well get the EXP Booster (I'mma call it that instead just in case, since it may start out at like....x1.2 EXP, then at level 2 be x1.5, then at level 3 be x2 or something). That still leaves the Sell-High and Haggle abilities, both of which would be pointless to put on Rinnosuke since he's at very endgame...hmmmm....

EDIT - Oh...and it seems that Keine DOES have a battle passive already (2 in fact. Unscarred and EXP Distribute), but EXP Distribute or EXP Booster may become her overworld passive. Hmm....
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 08:17:30 PM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 51
RMRK Junior
Spoiler for:
That is the main reason I say Alice as a drop rate. Usually dropped items are more important that exp. I know I've sat and tried grinding some crafting items in the winter forest. Usually levels don't matter to much in this game unless you really over-level. one or too levels can give you a little more survivablity against a boss but its really doesn't effect your damage noticeably unless you level 6-9 times, and that can take a long time even with an exp boost. So yeah that's the Reason I think Alice is best. You get her fairly late in the game and item drops seem to be fairly important, at least I see it that way.

Rep:
Level 85
Spoiler for:
Hmm...true. And EXP doesn't REALLY need to be inflated at all due to how it is in this game. Wish there was a better way to handle EXP curves...I may give it to Alice in the end then.

Blech...apparently I didn't check these teleport events as well as I'd hope, as there was another reported in the first Kourindou event...as well as issues with the emotion icons. Bah!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/js7c0d92gsr5t47/Touhou_Fantasy_1.119_Map_Fix_Patch.rar

Rep:
Level 51
RMRK Junior
Spoiler for:
as for sell high and Haggle I think Rinnosuke should get one of them as that makes most sense. As for the other I'm not to sure, maybe Hope? Once again later game characters because money can be an important thing in the game. I know I'm constantly low on money. Although if you want to help the players out a little earlier, you could give Sell high to Meiling, seeing as you tend not to sell items often in this game so it might not be noticeable right away to some people. I wouldn't do Haggle early on unless you can prevent it from dropping the prices on skill scrolls, being able to buy them cheap will really help out in the beginning, but it may also make players either feel overwhelmed because all their characters know all their skills, or maybe disappointed/happy because they have they're main party's high level skills already and don't have to manage their money as much. Which personally I would like because I'd like getting everything as soon as possible, but I see it more of a flaw on a game that's supposed to have some difficulty to it. Either way its mainly up to you, I just try to throw my suggestions out there.

Rep:
Level 85
http://www.mediafire.com/download/2251o0vw8dercy2/Touhou_Fantasy_1.119_Map_Fix_Patch.rar

Twould appear that there were a looooooooooot of errors in teleport events in SDM. Several were left over coding from when the fairy maids used switches to go away and come back (solved by simply using Erase Event), and me never removing the second pages from teleport events, thus causing some issues. In addition to that, Remilia's Room never went to Remilia's Room and instead went to the hidden room (which you can't even get into Remilia's Room until after getting Marisa back) and you couldn't even access the second floor back hallway at all due to no teleport events. In addition, Flandre's Room couldn't be accessed by touching the door with the key...you had to use the Action button to interact with it (now fixed). Just a big mess and I don't know how it happened...probably working on it late at night or something. *Sigh*

Do let me know if there's any other events that don't work right.

Rep:
Level 51
RMRK Junior
Okay Re-downloaded game and the problems disappeared still have these couple things though. The top right entrance of the Hakurei shrine is missing a piece on its archway. Just for personal reasons; Not used to donation box inside the main shrine, aren't they usually outside the shrine, I saves space the way you have it now, but I'm a person who just likes the traditional set up.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 01:34:53 AM by kaldrim »

Rep:
Level 85
I'll probably fix those at a later date.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/p7eiwpvsmhalic2/Touhou_Fantasy_1.119_Map_Fix_Patch.rar

There! Tested everything myself. Everything should be working fine finally >_>;;

Rep:
Level 85
At this point, just no words. I somehow overlooked one event, ONE EVENT, that teleports you into a wall in SDM. It was a teleport event, but it was part of a script with dialogue, which I previously checked in SDM in ALL other areas I suppose. *Sigh* I'm really sorry about all of these constant posting guys, I really am...

http://www.mediafire.com/download/po6849rp9p9bpxi/Touhou_Fantasy_Update_Patch_1.119.rar

EDIT - Changed the link to include the map fix patch with the full game due to forgetting to include the dynloader.dll with the game. Gods...I frustrate myself so much...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 09:19:03 AM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 85
Quite some time ago, I was doing some Character Analysis on characters in order of appearance (Reimu, Marisa, and Cirno were the only ones to ever get these done for them). I am quite curious if you guys would be interested in me redoing that and posting my thoughts on each character?

Rep:
Level 85
http://www.mediafire.com/download/86hlolz7snq5mvv/Touhou_Fantasy_Map_Fix_Patch_1.119.rar

Slight fix patch for the maps. Eientei's 2nd visit had a tile error, so I changed the mapping layout so that it works. I'll eventually change the entire segment to be different, but for now this should suffice.

EDIT - Updated the link. I somehow had a feeling that one of the rooms was still using the same tiles as the last, and it was, so all I did was change the passabilities on said tiles. Again, will change the maps later...
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 09:12:15 PM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 85