RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k3] Touhou Fantasy

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
Spoiler for:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO38F8HJDgc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO38F8HJDgc</a>

In this episode, we return to Eientei to try and rescue Cirno, as well as power up Reisen by beating up a bunch of Tewi clones! And I guess a couple Reisen clones too. And then a tragedy befalls Gensokyo...

Enemies:

Strongest Tewi: Fights exactly as EX Tewi, except far less powerful and with about as much HP. Remilia can help a bit with damage if you need to deal it, as can Yuuka. Considering how much EXP these enemies give, this is a good place to power level lower leveled characters to be of decent levels with everyone else! Though Reisen is going to get quite a workout here.

Bio Reisen: As you'd guess, absorbs Poison and fights exactly like Reisen. Not much else to say here!

Bosses:

Tiamat: Tiamat's a joke to fight in both battles, as in the first Reisen and Remilia can easily tear through her HP, as well as Patchouli if she was brought along, and the second fight is night impossible to lose anyways. Unless you're dumb and decide to use Sacrifice. C'mon, it's obvious that it'll kill her if it's used!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 07:02:16 PM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 85
Spoiler for:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6EgYOXbS-E" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6EgYOXbS-E</a>

In this episode, we head to the Road of Reconsideration on our trek to get to the Court of Hell located in Higan to speak with the Judge of the Dead, Shikieiki Yamaxanadu! But of course, everything ever wants us dead!

Enemies:

All but one enemy is a Cleansed Mirror version of a party member, and all have 5000 HP and will use skills of a level that you will not have access to for the most part. The various Cleansed Mirrors are: Reimu, Cirno, Patchouli, Sakuya, Nitori, Momiji, Youmu, and Reisen. The Sakuya and Nitori ones are especially important, as they have one-of-a-kind scrolls for Sakuya (First Aid) and Nitori (Call Shop), respectively, but only at a 5% steal rate naturally. Other characters tend to have level 3-level 4 scrolls available to steal, and some are worth it (Youmu in particular), even if to get extra copies to sell.

Demonolith: The Notorious Monster of the area, and a tough cookie. It's highly resistant to physical attacks, hits like a truck, and has access to Breakga and Deathga, making it extremely dangerous to fight. Yuuka is prime material here, as her Master Spark cannot be reduced in damage at all.

Bosses:

Lich: Uses powerful Earth and Shadow elemental attacks, such as Earthquake and Deathga, and can also use spells such as Flare. A rather strong boss, but a bit weak on the defensive side and not a whole lot of HP (12,000 HP isn't much when 1000+ can be taken off by each character).
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 07:02:36 PM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 85
Spoiler for:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIHWeE-flIo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIHWeE-flIo</a>

In this episode, we fight a squid and get across the Sanzu River to find out what the Judge of Hell has to say, and then beat up ourselves!

Bosses:

Kraken: Specializes mostly in Water-elemental attacks, but can use Blizzaga and Ink as well. Not a very difficult boss by any means really.

Advent Cirno: A very tight optional boss fight, as the time frame for it is very small (you have from this moment until you get Mokou in order to fight her). If you miss this fight, you'll have to wait until much later in the game (beta6 or so) in order to get her, and she'll still be level 1. Advent Cirno uses several of Momiji's Sword Tech abilities, despite not being able to use them herself (this is something left over from previously, as Advent Cirno originally had the Sword Tech ability and had some of Momiji's skillsets). As long as Cirno is protected from Fire with Flame Barrier or Red Hat, and as long as you have several Lapis to keep healing when needed, the fight shouldn't be too difficult. Tewi is the best option for attacking in this fight!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 07:03:00 PM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 85
Spoiler for:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R32CDGZee5k" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R32CDGZee5k</a>

In this episode, we head to the Remains of Hell to find out what's been going on with Satori and gang, while being attacked by zombie fairies, worms, and fiery dogs!

Enemies:

Zombie Fairy: The next Fairy-type enemy, specializing in status-type magic as well as healing magic. Not especially difficult to defeat, but can be pretty dangerous!

Flame Beast: The most common enemy in the area. Having Flame Barriers or Red Hats will ease the damage of their attacks, as all they will use are Fire-elemental attacks, most notably Flare Breath. Momiji's Ice Brand will work wonders against them, but don't forget to use Reimu's Youkai Buster if she has it!

Catpire: Not a very dangerous foe, as it mainly sticks to using Drain-type attacks. Excalibur and Fantasy Orb will dispose of it quickly.

Hell Worm: Mainly will attack using Gravity-elemental spells, so dispose of it quickly! Other than that, not too dangerous unless paired with other enemies.

Hellflapper: A dangerous enemy due to its multitude of status-type attacks, including Blind and Sleep. Youkai Buster and Meteonic Shower are must-have attacks for these foes! They will only appear in two specific groups, so keep tabs on those groups!

Basilisk: Mainly will attempt to inflict Petrify on your party while also using Blizzara and Quake. Highly dangerous foes that need to be disposed of quickly, or you'll probably experience game overs really quickly!

Behemoth: A powerful non-Notorious Monster that uses mainly physical attacks as well as Flare, but get it low enough on HP, and it may throw Meteors!

Ruby Dragon: One of two Notorious Monsters, and a dangerous one at that. Will mainly use spells such as Aera and Fira, but can also fire off powerful spells such as Flare, Gravira, and most importantly, Meteor.

Crystal Dragon: The second Notorious Monster, and less dangerous but more frustrating. It has super high defenses and HP, and will whittle the party's HP down with Gravity-elemental spells while attacking with the powerful Tornado spell. There is a chance to get rare items from it though!

Bosses:

Kisume: A mid-boss for this dungeon, and a semi-scary one at that. She can inflict AoE Paralysis and Silence, so you have to be careful with how you handle your party's actions. Not too difficult, and she's weak to Earth, but you don't have Earth right meow!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 07:03:24 PM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 85
Spoiler for:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj3x_pEYCII" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj3x_pEYCII</a>

In today's episode, we wrap up the remaining part of Remains of Hell at Chireiden, the Palace of Earth Spirits! And we beat up a lamia!

Enemies:

Tsuchigumo: Your typical Poison-elemental users, meaning they're highly dangerous and best avoided since Reimu and Marisa are weak to Poison attacks. If Momiji has the Bane Shield (which I don't recall if she gets it or not yet), then they're nothing for her. Still, they're not worth fighting.

Hellcat: Basic physical-attacking enemy. They only use regular attacks and regular double attacks, so Blink completely neuters them. However, they come in groups of 3-5 and are extremely quick, so the damage they do piles up.

Spirit Orb: Much like the Yin-Yang Orb in Bamboo Forest, this enemy will use Reimu skills (Fantasy Orb, Spiritual Orb, and Enigmatic Pearl), as well as Self-Destruct on the party.

Bosses:

Marilith: Marilith hits extremely hard and can likely one-shot anyone not name Momiji using Sentinel. However, Marilith's main weakness is she can only target one character at a time, so she's not extremely dangerous. Her steal is the Zantetsu Scroll Lv1, which is ONLY there if for some reason you never got it. It may change later though...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 07:03:46 PM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 51
RMRK Junior
Bug I found. I was fighting Marilith in Palace of the Earth Spirits, so I decided to do what you were going to do and use Kamikazi to finish her off. After the battle Utsuho was in my party. She stays in my party until I use the HRCS so switch to different members. She doesn't appear in that area though, but I thought I'd let you know about that.

EDIT: Oh an another thing, Suika becomes fairly easy when you just keep her paralyzed, I had no problem with her just using Reimu, Komachi, Marrisa, and Youmu, she was always confused or paralyzed, so never even gets a turn.

Got a speed bug after visting With Ran and got the incentive to go to the Human village. (Reimu, Komachi, Marrisa, Yuuka was party) It put me really slow, thought I'd mention it. And another right after getting Lunasa as a guest member. This one I can't fix though because I can't leave the Mansion
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 06:17:55 PM by kaldrim »

Rep:
Level 85
Ah, thanks for letting me know about those. Kamikaze I didn't think of fixing for that particular boss fight, so I probably forgot to remove her at the very end of it all. Though I'm confused as to where those speed bugs came from. Maybe I just missed those somehow? Huh...

Spoiler for:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAoM3WLvTsg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAoM3WLvTsg</a>

In this episode, there is a lot of going to and fro! And we do this a lot! Sometimes I wonder if I did this part of beta3 any justice at all....

Bosses:

Fujiwara no Mokou: Nothing too difficult here. You are forced to use Keine, so there's that. Hakutatku isn't set to be AI-Controlled quite yet, as I'm still testing various things for that to make sure everything works properly. Otherwise, Flame Barriers and Red Hats will keep the party safe, as well as Nitori's Armor Elemental Bless.

New concept art, this time for Fate! This one done by JnXC, which is simply amazing work. I feel it captures her image perfectly. The "little girl" image while being cute, but not overly sexualized. And for those who don't know, Fate is 4'9". In comparions, Hope is 5'1" and Chaos is 5'10", so there's that for height differences.

This leaves Gloom, Death, Pestilence, Order, and Pandora without any concept arts or sprites at all meow~
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 07:04:09 PM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 51
RMRK Junior
Yeah some things I decided not to mention because you are close to coming to the noticble stuff, like Keine not leaving party. I will post more later, but going to take a couple day break again.

Rep:
Level 85
I think you're referring to the segment where you use Hakutaku and she doesn't leave, right? Kinda like Utsuho's problem in a way. I THINK I fixed it for that fight (since that's the only forced fight in the entire game where you HAVE to use Keine so the rest of the coding would be fine. Same with Utsuho really).

Rep:
Level 51
RMRK Junior
Oh that makes sense, I guess I didn't check again without using her ability. Also I'm not 100% sure if I'm updated to latest version so that could possibly why some things may be different. But as i said earlier, I may not play again for a couple days, I'll continue to watch your videos and like them though. ATM i just got past 2nd Part of Misty Lake, I'm not sure how much farther I'm going to go before I restart my game though. I plan on restarting to try to look for more things that could of been missed. I don't want to lose my 80 tents though lol.

Rep:
Level 85
Well, if you're already at Misty Lake 2, then you're at beta4 which means you're getting close to the end of the beta (unless you try out beta5's stuff). If you do retry the game, do try to give everyone a shot too to see how they play out for you. Suwako did get new skills in Tengu Village so that should up her playability some.

Rep:
Level 51
RMRK Junior
I played all character to level 30 that I have atm (yes I know lots of grinding), after some teseting I found out have Reimu and Komachi in my main party is just amazing. Paralyze is so abuse-able its not even funny. As I said earlier it makes the Wandering Suika very easy to kill, along with poison from Komachi everything just dies before they get a turn.

Edit: even after event where Reimu is not currently usable, using just Komachi is just as abusive, and I usually have Marisa Also so her confuse at least saves me turn when I use that.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 09:38:05 PM by kaldrim »

Rep:
Level 85
Statuses were meant to be good mostly on random encounters and some key bosses. I'll have to fix up Suika though since she's not supposed to be affected by all of those statuses. Maybe I forgot tod o that lol...

Rep:
Level 85
Just to let you know Kaldrim, the latest version is 1.111, so you should get that if you haven't yet.

Rep:
Level 85
Spoiler for:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuNPsAp_hcY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuNPsAp_hcY</a>

In this episode, we head back to the Remains of Hell to save Utsuho from being manipulated by Pandora and Yuugenmagan!

Bosses:

Yuugi Hoshiguma: Yuugi is pretty simple, yet dangerous. She'll either use a regular attack, a charged attack, or use either Storm on Mt. Ooe which is her more dangerous move, or Four Devas Arcanum, which is a OHKO to anyone that doesn't absorb Earth, and even then it has Instant Death on it. It's pretty easy to get overwhelmed if you're not prepared at all!

Parsee Mizuhashi: You'd be surprised to find out that Parsee is the exact same here as in the first fight you fought her in. So there's literally no changes to her here at all.

Kisume: Same dealio here, except meow you have Yuugi to back you up to murder her.

Tenshi Hinanawi: Tenshi fights the same as at Youkai Mountain as well. Is this lazy design? Who knows!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 07:04:35 PM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 85
Spoiler for:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBwpHiZedBA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBwpHiZedBA</a>

In this episode, we head back to Chireiden, and then to confront Utsuho...where tragedy befalls the Remains of Hell...

Bosses:

Satori Komeiji: Satori uses various attacks from the party (one from several characters) and can use them at any given time. It's pretty difficult to protect yourself from all them, therefore don't bother too much with trying to defend from all attacks and just lay the smackdown on her. She's not too difficult if you don't get pummeled by her strongest attacks repeatedly.

Utsuho Reiuji: Utsuho is a pretty tough customer. She deals insanely high damage and hits the entire party at once. Item management and careful planning of attacks is required in order to win against her.

Lich: This fight is pretty much scripted to not have Utsuho lose, but if you find that her HP gets too low, use a F if you have it to refill her HP. I probably should make it so that her HP auto-restores like with Mokou but...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 07:04:51 PM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 85
Spoiler for:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj3uK3F497s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj3uK3F497s</a>

In this episode, we go to check in on Chen and Ran on behalf of Yukari, but something doesn't seem quite right...and we take an hour apparently to do something that shouldn't take an hour! Come, watch me struggle against a boss because Poison-elemental attacks are super powerful!

Bosses:

Chen: Chen is a filler boss really. She's not super difficult at all, even with the amount of damage she can dish out. Holy-elemental and Water-elemental attacks will finish her off quickly.

Ran Yakumo: Ran is the challenge here. You fight her directly after Chen, so there's no time to prepare equipment nor heal, and Ran has rather powerful attacks at her disposal, all AoEs at that. To top it off, she has Holy which WILL OHKO anyone not Reimu or Sanae, and has Bioga which is already powerful enough as it is, but will wreck any humans and Patchouli. The battle is all about tenacity and resource-management!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 07:05:06 PM by Xenomic »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I'm enjoying it. Please post in this topic all day. The only reason I get up in the morning, more. Put the Earth in this sense of life issue perspective.Without like storm, without end, without purpose and without end. When people have simply to do that, then that is when I see the reason to live. There are some things in the world. Big and small things. Why we are not more people in this world that we can see light at the end of the tunnel?
So, thank you for this post. Thank you. Good luck and good night.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 85
Spoiler for:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnYtmcuwcLg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnYtmcuwcLg</a>

In this episode, we enter the final dungeon of beta4 and get beaten up by a bunch of phantoms! Fun times!

Enemies:

Spitfire: Not very dangerous except for Flare Star and Fira. Otherwise, can easily be taken care of with little concern. They do have an Exorcist Scroll Lv1 to steal though, which makes them good money-making enemies and powers up Mokou as well!

Donation Box: Just like with the Yin-Yang Orbs, uses several of Reimu's skills, though en masse (Fantasy Orb, Enigmatic Pearl, Youkai Buster, Hakurei Amulet, Rain Dance, Persuasion Needle, Binding Border, and Spiritual Orb). The steal can be anywhere between 1 to 10,000 yen, so it's worth trying to get the money!

Shanghai: Same as all previous incarnations, except stronger.

Possessed Greatsword: A very dangerous enemy that is strongly resist physical attacks, absorbs Holy but is weak to Shadow, and only uses regular powerful physical attacks. They generally show up with Possessed Blades to make a nasty pair.

Possessed Blade: Uses various Momiji skills and is heavily resistant Magic attacks, and absorbs Shadow but is weak to Holy. It does have a scroll for Advent Cirno to steal however...

Bosses:

Lunasa Prismriver: Focuses heavily on high damage and sometimes statuses, as well as having the highest HP, Defense, and Attack but lowest Speed and Magic of the three sisters. Oddly enough, she's the only one weak to Holy of the three.

Lyrica Prismriver: The middleman of the three sisters who likes to buff and debuff who likes to inflict massive statuses everywhere on the party.

Merlin Prismriver: The lowest HP, Attack, and Defense but highest Magic and Speed of the three sisters who likes to use buffs and debuffs as well as deal hefty damage.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 07:05:36 PM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 85
Spoiler for:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KLa_89HgPM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KLa_89HgPM</a>

In this episode, we get past some poltergeists to fight a bunch of dolls! Isn't this fun!?

Enemies:

Spear Doll: Relies heavily on physical attacks and 1k Spear Dolls, which does 1000 fixed damage to one target. It carries a scroll to steal for Advent Cirno.

Fencer Doll: Only uses physical attacks, but can also self-destruct like any other doll. Also has a scroll to steal for Advent Cirno.

Krysta: The Notorious Monster of the area. Highly dangerous as it has super high defenses and high HP, as well as devastating attacks. It also has access to the powerful Ultima spell when at low HP, which can easily kill the party off if not prepared.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 07:05:51 PM by Xenomic »

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
I have to give you credit for your diligence. Four years is a long time to work on a single game. Kudos.

Rep:
Level 85
I just don't like to leave something like this unfinished, despite not getting much help on this. ^^;;

Despite not also getting any money or anything too. It's just a story I want to share and whatnot...and I think the game has potential to be a really good game. Only issues really for me is music (the maps are big for a reason, due to encounter rates being 80 which is pretty high, as well as other reasons).

Rep:
Level 85
New update patch! This goes up to 1.112 now:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zzfilq754bb0282/Touhou_Fantasy_Update_1.112.rar

*Monsters were fixed so that their level 1-9 status resistances matched with their level 10 resistances.
*Emotion icons added into most of the maps. Not all of them are tested though, and some maps will be missing some, but they're there for the most part.
*Dialogues fixed up some more.
*More bugfixes and updated maps for SDM and Eientei entrances.
*Youmu's Stances and Keine's Hakutaku command are not fixed still. I need to get to those later...

If there are any problems, do let me know so that I may fix them. Once I finish up the emotion icons in the rest of the game, I'll be taking a little break from working on this as I need it to do a LP for another RPG Maker game (ugh...), and then will finally move on with beta5. >_>

Rep:
Level 85
Spoiler for:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRGR_Bs-x3s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRGR_Bs-x3s</a>

In today's episode, we face off a couple of bosses! And probably nearly die a lot!

Bosses:

Alice Margatroid: Fights pretty similarly to when first fought at the Hakurei Shrine Ruins, but is more manageable meow. Despite being a magician, most of her attacks are physical based, with only a couple magic based attacks. Bringing an AoE healer such as Meiling will help in this fight, or by bringing lots of Potion Berries.

Chaos: A difficult fight due to the mass amount of elemental spells that Chaos can use, in addition to OHKOs such as The Void and the HP-reduction skill Maelstrom. Luckily, she doesn't use her own Limit in this fight. Potion Berries and/or a healer is basically required in order to survive this fight!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 07:06:08 PM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 85
Spoiler for:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exe3PxD-Chk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Exe3PxD-Chk</a>

In this episode, we finish off the rest of beta3 and beat up an evil side! Oh, and get a new party member or two...even though we technically already have one.

Bosses:

Meimu: Meimu likes to utilize some of Reimu's moves, mostly Fantasy Seal and a Death version of Persuasion Needle, but can also use other Shadow-elemental attacks. She doesn't have a moveset of her own here, but...

In addition, new update patch already, mostly because mapper who updated my Eientei/SDM Entrance maps didn't check for passability on map tiles, so you couldn't enter Eientei...also, all maps meow have emotion icons for events (not all maps are tested though. That'll be next).

Once those are all tested, will check to try and fix Youmu's Stance skills, set up EX Keine to be finished, and try to fix up the remaining bugs that may be here and there. Updated/redone beta1-4 maps will be taken care of by mapper hopefully. I'll probably be taking a break from working on the game after final update patch, since I really need one...

Update 1.112: http://www.mediafire.com/download/7o7h57mv42vwrx2/Touhou_Fantasy_Update_1.113.rar
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 07:06:19 PM by Xenomic »