RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k3] Touhou Fantasy

Rep: +0/-0Level 58
Miko & Reimu Fans
I'm already lv 99, and my skill damage same as my normal attack, not only that, healing skill too heal very little amount of health (200-300+)
Experienced Hardcore (not a game name) Gamer

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
That's because 2k3 is lame like that and doesn't scale things like...at all. If it weren't for THAT problem, I wouldn't of had to make skill levels to begin with. It's the fault of the maker really.

Rep:
Level 85
New stuff! Fixes a couple more things, currently removes Weapon Bless for now since that's still in beta, and adds a crapton of new animations to moves. Also, music.

Update patch: http://www.mediafire.com/?700p73vosj9yd9q

More Music: http://www.mediafire.com/?vp42naqw6laalz1

Rep: +0/-0Level 57
RMRK Junior
I seem to be having trouble getting TF to run.
If I watch the intro, it crashes after it transitions away from the castle (SDM?) "object1 cannot be opened"
If I hit ????, it crashes saying "mon1 cannot be opened"
If I skip intro, it crashes if I go anywhere but the world map, the starting area, and the main Shrine.
Any idea what I goof'd on?

Rep:
Level 85
Did you download and put the RTP files into the correct sections? If not, well you'll probably have to do that. Otherwise, try using this program:

http://rpgmaker.net/engines/rm2k3/utilities/5/

Rep: +0/-0Level 57
RMRK Junior
All right, that worked. Thanks~

Rep:
Level 85
New patch! Fixes up Weapon Bless to be usable by EVERYONE so far! Still some more to go with it and then I'm done with that, then will get to the Armor Blesses and then wrap it up with the Status Bless. I haven't found out how to fix Weapon Bless though for dual-wielders. The ability will work on the first weapon equipped, but not the second. Any ideas on how to fix this is welcomed!

Version 1.02 Patch: http://www.mediafire.com/?e69qbeiay3c8p1o

***EDIT***

Ok, so I'm almost finally done with the whole Weapon Bless system for everyone (up through beta5 weapons anyways). Once I get this done, I'll start on the Armor stuff and then finish it up with the Status Bless since that'll take equally as long as Weapon Bless (as of this post, this is day 5-6 of working on that command alone). Now, the question I have here...I am thinking about cutting down the number of abilities for Status Bless from 14 to 8, to match how many other abilities are in Hope's other skillsets (minus her default). The question is, what to axe for it? The following are all the abilities in Hope's Status Bless command:

Instant Death, Poison, Blind, Silence, Berserk, Confusion, Sleep, Paralyze, Amnesia, Venom, Petrify, Freeze, Slow, and Stop.

If I DO decide to add more back into this at a later date, that'll be easier to deal with then, but for now, 6 of these need to be axed (plus it'll make coding this monster a lot quicker...). In addition, I have yet to decide what to give for Armor Status Bless. Speaking of new commands...

Patchouli and Byakuren both will have Weapon Bless (Weapon Bless will replace Byakuren's current Pray ability, because it's lame). Does not stack with Status Bless.
Nitori will gain the Armor Elemental Bless (just called A. Bless) command. This will grant a buff that increases resistance towards an element for a specific amount of time. Will not stack with Armor Status Bless (unless I make one target armor and another helmets). The only element not available in here that's in Weapon Bless is Mystic.
Suwako will gain the Armor Status Bless (just called A. Bless) command. This will grant a buff that protects fully against a chosen status effect until the buff wears off. Does not stack with Armor Elemental Bless. No idea how many abilities should come into this.

In addition, Momiji and Youmu also have new things that I'll be adding to them (Names are subject to change):

(????): 3 separate abilities for Slash, Pierce, and Blunt (single target or AoE, I haven't decided). (Momiji Only)
Barrier: Physical Resist Up for one party member (Momiji only)
Shield Wall: Physical Resist Up for a limited time for the party (Momiji only)
Critical Up: Doubles Critical % of weapons.
Piercing Sight: Ignores Evasion for brief time.
Target All: Allows attacking all enemies.

Whether or not I should give the last 3 abilities to BOTH Momiji and Youmu, or to either or is up in the air.

Last thing, Field abilities may come into play (yes, those same ones from GoS). In fact, Sakuya may utilize them if I get them coded right. They are as follows (all exactly from GoS):

Killing World: Prevents all healing effects.
Killer World: Increases Instant KO effects.
Suction World: Increases Potency of HP draining moves.
Empty World: Removes field abilities.
One MP Cost (On accessory and field ability)
Chameleon Camouflage: Reduces elemental damage

Some of these will come into play with bosses too as they'll set these up either during a fight or at the start or prior to it (or it'll be the dungeon's gimmick).

Patchouli's MP Stroll ability is currently disabled as it was OP (deciding if it should be every X steps you recover 1 MP or something. 1 MP for 1 step is kinda silly, especially with Sakuya's speed bonus on the overworld). Also still deciding on Souleater for Remilia as well as Yumemi's Gadgeteer type ability and on how to fix Sanae's Miracle ability.

Last thing to note is that Mokou will get her Auto-Revive passive from GoS as well (I haven't decided on the % chance to revive per turn, as per turn means every turn that happens, from an enemy or ally, not just from Mokou).

So there's that as an update! Any ideas or suggestions, feel free to add to this!

***EDIT #2***

And because I forgot to include battle animations...hence errors the game if those attacks are used without them...

Version 1.03 Patch: http://www.mediafire.com/?ranbrvw1b6aib16
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 01:16:14 AM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 85
Whew....oh! H-Hello there! Been a bit eh?

So I've been busy wrapping things up (Weapon Bless is FINALLY fully done, after 3 1/2 weeks of doing it. Status Bless has been dropped though, since well...I am not manually copy/pasting/editing 2000+ items again). Heat status is in now (yes, Heat from FFIX) and almost fully done, Nue's Morph command now works as it should (originally, it only worked if enemy had 10 HP or less, and it did not give the item if used on the last standing enemy. Now it works regardless of who's alive, and if HP is less than 10% of Max HP), Reimu now has the Pray command (so that it's not wasted, and also free healing that's not bad at the start of the game I suppose), and due to all of this, managed to save 29 battle event pages (the max is 100, and I had like 79 so yeah). Which also means all of the Reverse Doll coding is in the Auto-Life coding (and it works differently too. Instead of 100% auto-breaking the accessory and being left with no accessory, it'll break the accessory and then equip another Reverse Doll, assuming you still have at least 1 left in your inventory).

Whew, wall of text! Still got things to go through though (Miracle command for Sanae which I haven't decided on what to do with, Remilia's Souleater command, Yumemi's Tinker command, Suwako's and Nitori's Armor Bless commands, Disease/Bubble statuses if those can be worked correctly, and fully implementing FFIX's version of Freeze if possible). Then I get to copy/paste allllll of these to 400 some enemy groups (and edit things to work CORRECTLY too, this including things like the Intel, Steals, etc.). Gonna take a while to do! And this, my friend, is why I've been looking for mappers the most for a while lol. @_@

Note, I have to ALSO include Mokou's Auto-Revive as well, which is probably going to be put into the Auto-Life common event, for posterity's sake and to make life easier for me. There is probably other things I'm forgetting, but that's the gist of this update! If anyone wants to help with mapping, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do let me know! I really need these guys to make it through the story faster! ;_;

Breakin' your HTML
Rep:
Level 74
Kurosuhato Rokkuriba (Crossed Heart, Rock River)
Xenomic

I don't know if you use Microsoft Word but I made a trick for RPGMaker2k3 script...
I can't give you the attachment for the moment (I can't find it for some reason)

Basically you have to create a table and two columns: The Left Column is for Message with Face, The Right Column is for Message without Face... If I were you to make the message fit the message screen... Then make a test script: one with face and one without face

If one is too short or too long then you can extend or shrink the length of the table part...
I have the left column shorter than the right column in order to make the text fit perfectly...

On the other hand: I create a map full of the scenarios from up to down and that's the order of scenarios I put from Up to down... Then once the script is finished... I finish my buisiness with the maps and then I'll put the events in and make sure the cast characters are in too! (I put a comment on who's the cast just in case I forget who should be in the event... Saves me the brain hassle of trying to search)

You need help with mapping huh? I can't really do mapping very well because my maps can be a bit simplistic (Well I think, But I'm not intending to show my game that I worked on for 2 or 3 years and I'm currently remaking the 3rd chapter...) I don't use the face script... I use common events for the faces if any event that I have got a newfaceset but take a long time to go to each script to sort out the faces then I put the faces in the list of common events to cut the problem short...

(On my Touhou crossover game: I don't use your world map anymore, I created a Gensokyo Map that's based off this one: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lu93gfNDve1r2swano1_500.jpg It wasn't easy to do but I've realised something... To make a world map based off a particular image you have to resize it suitable for the map itself... Take this for example: for a map that's 20x 15y that makes a 320x240 image suitable and 40x 30y makes it into 640x480 so dividing 320 by 20 = 16x ¦ 240 by 15 = 16 so that means that every x and y is a 16x16 image small for a 1x 1y map but if you use maths correctly: 320 x 16 = 5120 240 x 16 = 3840 so you need an image or resize an image to 5120x3840 in order for you to draw a map onto the game but caution! depending how fast is your computer it will make a take a minute to load up the paranoma but it helps with drawing the world map but once I'm fully done then I delete the Panorama afterwards (and I make sure that the panorama is not registered onto the game well that's how I did it for now... If you got Photoshop then it's best and easiest oppurtunity to use it properly!)

We were all newbies at first (Low Level), Then we suffer, We became greater as we fought (Mid Level) and now then we stare in the face of the end of the world! (High Level)

Rep:
Level 85
Well, my map wasn't meant to be exactly perfect (I never could decide what went where anyways. For instance, I didn't know exactly where Misty Lake would be in relation to Youkai Mountain, though I think I DO remember it being near it, but I wasn't sure). Sides, story pretty much explains why things aren't where they are anyways in mine (though it's not like I DIDN'T try to match up with the actual Gensokyo, but with no ACTUAL map, really hard to discern where's where! ^^; ).

I honestly didn't think of using Word (well, I can just use Notepad I suppose for the same dealio). Probably could do that later.

Rep:
Level 85
So, new stuff! Need to brainstorm so if you're willing to listen (or read, whichever), this is what's going down for characters!

Sanae: Miracle command has been completely changed and no longer acts as a random effect generator (which arguably, her Fortune Packets would work better as but those are her heals...). Instead, it acts just like Angel's Snack from FFIX. In other words, here's how it works; when the command is chosen, it will use 1 Faith item from your inventory on your entire party. That's all it does. If you have no Faiths, then it will instead recover 10% of your party's Max MP. However, due to THIS now, Faiths can no longer be bought at shops (it can still be crafted though), and Faiths can no longer be used by the party. Faiths are also pretty uncommon now (though not too rare since you need them for that ability). The problem though is whether or not they should not be buyable now or not (they do cost 3000 Yen to buy). Crafting them is a bit costly as well (right now, takes 2 Sake and 2 Adrenaline (originally took Holy Waters too, but that was all sorts of messed up with that one) to make 1 Faith).

Hope: The only new thing right now with her is the Reverse spell. No, it does nothing like it did in FFXII. In fact, it only reverses the effects of statuses for your party. For instance, if your character has Poison and you use the spell, Poison is removed and that person gets Regen. Likewise, if the character has Regen and you use the spell, the character will get Poison. It's not fully implemented yet as I need to figure out what statuses will be "reversed" with what...

Remilia: Souleater is now fully functional and will deal damage to all enemies and Remilia equal to 33% of Remilia's MAX HP (meaning even if she's not at Max HP, it'll still do the same amount of damage each time). Of even more important note is that I MAY make it Shadow attribute (well, it's not technically Shadow because I can't make Switch type abilities elemental), though it will not heal Remilia still at all.

Yumemi: Yumemi has a new set of abilities in her Machina command that she'll have at all times, regardless of what weapon she has equipped so she can at least do SOMETHING. These are all lifted from FFTA/FFTA2:

Red Spring: 8 MP, Haste on either all enemies or allies.
Green Gear: 8 MP, Poison on either all enemies or allies.
Silver Disc: 8 MP, Armor Break on either all enemies or allies.
Chroma Gem: 8 MP, Damages MP to either all enemies or allies.
Gold Battery: 8 MP, Heals MP either to all enemies or allies.
Black Ingot: 8 MP, Fear on either all enemies or allies.

Again, I'm iffy about having statuses for these because of Hope (with the Pestilence/Death subskills) and Komachi (single target skills). In addition, Yumemi also has Lucky 7 (straight from FFIX); which deals either 7, 77, 777, or 7777 damage to all enemies if the last digit of her HP is equal to 7. I haven't figured out how to code this yet, but I'm sure it's possible to do....maybe.

The OTHER thing with Yumemi, is ther secondary command is going to be like Sanae's old Miracle command, in that it does a random effect. The problem here, and thus the brainstorming, is what all effects should it do? I would like to have one effect, and then have the complete opposite of that effect as a 50/50 chance if that subability is chosen at random (for instance, if the 3% chance End Game subability is chosen at random, there would be a 50% chance of either getting Instant Victory (all enemies are instantly defeated regardless of Instant Death immunity) or Game Over (your party is instantly defeated regardless of Instant Death immunity).

Yuuka: Yuuka may actually get a secondary command ability called Scare (not sure what else to call it right now). What will this do? When used (will only target one enemy), if it succeeds, it will force the target to flee from the battle and give less EXP/Yen than if you defeated it (10% is what I'm thinking of the original value), but will increase the chance you have of getting its item. Obviously will not work on bosses, and harder to use on Notorious Monsters. May be made level dependent.

Whew, long post is long. Not sure what all else to do with these, but wanting to get these done before I move on with Momiji/Youmu/Nitori/Suwako stuff (Momiji and Youmu with their special self-buffs, Nitori/Suwako for the Armor Blesses). Hope to hear your ideas on this!

Rep: +0/-0Level 58
Miko & Reimu Fans
That's... Really a lot of text...
well, I looked at your video, and so much secret that I don't get, and decide when next beta out I'm going play again from very beginning  :V
Anyway, when next beta out?
Experienced Hardcore (not a game name) Gamer

Rep:
Level 85
Whenever I actually get around to getting to work on the story really. It's going to be quite a while since this is the biggest beta in the game (wish I had more mappers though...that's my biggest problem. That'd make things go by so much quicker...).

Rep:
Level 85
Fix patch for speed bugs. ONLY use this if you had speed decreasing issues on Youkai Mountain or Hakugyokurou! Also, ignore most of the secondary abilities that WERE NOT on characters already. For instance, ignore Pray on Reimu since she did not have it originally! This is because most of these abilities are not programmed into all enemy groups and therefore will not do anything yet. Weapon Bless however can be fully used as of right now.

http://www.mediafire.com/?k23pey0bxzlfsht

In other news, might not be having a computer here soon, as I'm having severe computer issues right now...and if I lose this computer, I won't have one for a pretty long time, so keep that in mind guys...

Rep:
Level 85
So here's what's going down so far with the game:

*Bugfixer duder set at Human Village and Hakugyoukurou for those that have speed problems from before they got fixed at either Youkai Mountain the first time or at Hakugyoukurou the first time. This will be removed before the final release for this patch.
*Armor Elemental Bless is fully 50% done. The other 50% is currently being worked on (reverse engineering the coding so that it removes the effects), and Armor Status Bless will follow suit afterwards. That'll be much easier as all I'll have to do is modify the code very slightly.
*On topic of Armor Status Bless, Instant Death and Petrify are both being removed, and Amnesia is no longer part of Clear Headed (now named Sanity. Charm takes the place of Amnesia in that status). Body Temperature (now called Thermos) will protect against both Freeze and Heat temporarily.
*Mokou may get the Sacrifice command, which will kill her to restore HP/MP to the party equal to 1/3rd of either Mokou's remaining HP/MP or 1/3rd of her Max HP/MP. Haven't decided yet on either, or if she'll even get it. Mokou hasn't even gotten her Auto-Life spells yet either...
*Yuuka's Terrorize (now called Threaten) command will be next in line to be worked on.
*Yumemi's secondary command Tinker and her non-weapon skills are dummied out for now until I can figure out what I want to do with them or if they'll even be useful (they may appear later on in the game hidden as other abilities, from her moveset from PoDD).
*Koishi's Blue Magic list will be revamped soon as well, making her less powerful.
*Remilia can now only equip Dresses and no other armor.
*Most other command abilities are fully functional and ready to be put into all other enemy groups. Only thing stopping me from doing so is the other abilities. Once these are done, then the copy/pasting will begin.

If there is anything to add into this, or if anyone has any ideas for anyone, feel free to drop in your input! Beta4 ver3.0 is nearing after a year of Beta4 being around! There will be a break between the coding though, as I need to get videos recorded and put into storage for uploading so that I can continue with this, but there's that! I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting at the moment as it's roughly 4 AM at the time of this posting, but if there is anything else, I'll just report back!

Rep:
Level 85
FINALLY done with Armor Elemental Bless! Hurray!!!

Next up on my agenda is setting up the rest of the secondary Command abilities, testing them out, and then going from there. Problem is, I need someone to brainstorm ideas with for setting up abilities! I already got a Sacrifice command (same as the Sacrifice skill in FFIX), a Threaten command (chance of forcing target to flee, get 10% of target's EXP/Yen, but higher chance to get enemy's Item drop), and a Focus command (increases a variable by 1 each use, up to 8. If user uses the Attack command after Focus, then user attacks X amount of times, where X = Amount of Focus charges, which then reduces the Focus charges back to 0). Not sure what else to add in! Armor Status Bless will wait until later, as will special states (temporary Physical Resist Up armor, temporary Critical% Up/Slash-All/Ignore Defense weapons for each Stance move for a character, etc. etc.).

Man, I knew my game was gonna be huge, but this is much bigger than I thought! Was hoping to get a patch out this weekend or next but not sure if I'll be able to manage that! Must find brainstorming buddy! @_@

Rep:
Level 85
http://www.mediafire.com/?m77b3mrx5e72j5y   

Not FULLY done, but most of everything is in. If anything seems wrong or whatnot, just let me know or something. Debug room helps with testing, but playing during the game will help too. I'm going to be taking a break from working on this game, since I need one badly.

Rep:
Level 85
http://www.mediafire.com/?rubp8rg5dna7ni0

There! Just check outside the Human Village to fix the Speed Bug! Hopefully it fixes it RIGHT. I got it fixed in the Poltergeist Mansion event, so I don't know how the speed is AFTERWARDS. I may have made it one speed to high/slow so please keep that in mind...if the speed doesn't adjust itself correctly, let me know and I'll make another patch...

Rep:
Level 85
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 05:18:29 AM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 85

Rep:
Level 85
Beta4 Update Patch 1.083: http://www.mediafire.com/?88eyqfleat44d86

Fixes several of the minor bugs and whatnot that were missed. Probably other bugs that I'm missing out on, but that's why the new Testing Room stuff is there in the debug room to help with that!

Rep:
Level 85
Beta4 1.084 Patch: http://www.mediafire.com/?5vf6s925rt5wvi1
http://pooshlmer.com/wakaba/res/526797.html

Jeez, these just keep cranking out don't they? This is just a minor patch, in which I forgot to make it so that you can USE Fantasy Orb Lv2 due to me forgetting to fix it after trying to test something >_>;;

EDIT - To add a little teasing, here...HAVE SOME SCREENSHOTS! :D

Spoiler for:

« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 07:51:40 PM by Xenomic »

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Beta4 1.084 Patch: http://www.mediafire.com/?5vf6s925rt5wvi1

Jeez, these just keep cranking out don't they? This is just a minor patch, in which I forgot to make it so that you can USE Fantasy Orb Lv2 due to me forgetting to fix it after trying to test something >_>;;

EDIT - To add a little teasing, here...HAVE SOME SCREENSHOTS! :D

Spoiler for:

Can't see the images for some reason...

Rep:
Level 85
Yeah, that was weird. I don't know why it stopped showing them...should see them now.

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
Seems to work now...