RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Ask the Furry Philosopher

I am dushbag
Rep:
Level 86
hehe you were here 3 months and you had -22 rep
I was here 9 days and I have -20 rep

A new question:

who will win?

Missy Elliot vs. Grizzly Bear vs. Rohp himself :O

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
hehe you were here 3 months and you had -22 rep
I was here 9 days and I have -20 rep

A new question:

who will win?

Missy Elliot vs. Grizzly Bear vs. Rohp himself :O

Rohp? Do you mean Silverline?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

I am dushbag
Rep:
Level 86
If you mean the forum Admin then yes :D

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
If you mean the forum Admin then yes :D

It's spelled Roph, not roph...  :-[
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Most Mature Member2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Let's consider a counter argument -

If the negation of hatred is apathy, and the negation of love is also apathy, then is it not true that love and hate are equivalent?

Consider a number of any magnitude. The opposite of a number with magnitude would, by your logic, necessarily be a number without magnitude: 0. However, 0 is not the negation of a number with magnitude - the negation of a number of magnitude is a number of the same magnitude with an opposite sign. Further, for anything that is opposite another, it is necessary that the relationship is reciprocal. The opposite of true is false, and the opposite of false is true. However, in the case of 0, while it may be possible to argue that the opposite of 1 is 0, it is impossible to argue that the opposite of 0 is 1. Reducing any number to just a number with magnitude loses a lot of the information that is contained by that number. You are losing information when you make that reduction, and thus, even if it were accurate to say that the opposite of a number with magnitude is a number without magnitude, it is not accurate to then translate that result to the original number, as you did not consider all of the pertinent information by making that reduction (for one, sign).

In the same way, It may be true to say that the opposite of an intense emotion is apathy, but it seems to me that to reduce love or hatred to just any intense emotion belittles the specificity of love and hatred. For one, love is positive, and hatred is negative, and reducing them both to "intense emotion" is to ignore pertinent information about those two things. Thus, even accepting that love and hatred are both intense emotions, and that the opposite of an intense emotion is indifference, is it possible to say that love and hate are just intense emotions. In other words, is knowing that something is an intense emotion sufficient to recover what intense emotion it is? Or is that translation not possible without more information? If it is not (and it is not), then it cannot be correct to assert that the opposite of love (or hate) is indifference solely because love (or hate) is an intense emotion, as that definition does not alone encapsulate love (or hate)

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I've not teased you in months...

So, what's the philosophical furilizational rationalistic implementation of the conception of the virtuality of those living?
Arlen is hot.

Varied Artist
Rep:
Level 87
Let's consider a counter argument -

If the negation of hatred is apathy, and the negation of love is also apathy, then is it not true that love and hate are equivalent?

Consider a number of any magnitude. The opposite of a number with magnitude would, by your logic, necessarily be a number without magnitude: 0. However, 0 is not the negation of a number with magnitude - the negation of a number of magnitude is a number of the same magnitude with an opposite sign. Further, for anything that is opposite another, it is necessary that the relationship is reciprocal. The opposite of true is false, and the opposite of false is true. However, in the case of 0, while it may be possible to argue that the opposite of 1 is 0, it is impossible to argue that the opposite of 0 is 1. Reducing any number to just a number with magnitude loses a lot of the information that is contained by that number. You are losing information when you make that reduction, and thus, even if it were accurate to say that the opposite of a number with magnitude is a number without magnitude, it is not accurate to then translate that result to the original number, as you did not consider all of the pertinent information by making that reduction (for one, sign).

In the same way, It may be true to say that the opposite of an intense emotion is apathy, but it seems to me that to reduce love or hatred to just any intense emotion belittles the specificity of love and hatred. For one, love is positive, and hatred is negative, and reducing them both to "intense emotion" is to ignore pertinent information about those two things. Thus, even accepting that love and hatred are both intense emotions, and that the opposite of an intense emotion is indifference, is it possible to say that love and hate are just intense emotions. In other words, is knowing that something is an intense emotion sufficient to recover what intense emotion it is? Or is that translation not possible without more information? If it is not (and it is not), then it cannot be correct to assert that the opposite of love (or hate) is indifference solely because love (or hate) is an intense emotion, as that definition does not alone encapsulate love (or hate)

Yes, this explanation is closer to my view on the subject.  However, the thing about philosophy is that there really isn't a right answer.  It isn't necessary that we all agree on the same thing, but rather that we provide enough reason for what we believe.  And since this is Zylos' topic, it's not our place to start a debate here.

Rep:
Level 89
Are you a suicidal?

I am dushbag
Rep:
Level 86
why does it make me think that cat is trying to assassinate an insect on the window frame???

Rep:
Level 87
In my own little world...
What feels better during sex?

Human or animal?  ???

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)
who will win?

Missy Elliot vs. Grizzly Bear vs. Roph himself :O

Roph.

Are you a suicidal?

No. Are you?

why does it make me think that cat is trying to assassinate an insect on the window frame???

If you look at the angle of the gun, it would seem that he's trying to assassinate the Pikachu in his signature.

What feels better during sex?

Human or animal?  ???

Having never had sex with an animal, I'd have to say that humans feel better during sex.
Don't worry, Arkbennett, you'll find out about sex someday.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
You didn't answer my question.

Because those words are big but they are true words.

unlike chlamydomocramotinophilosmithicus.
Arlen is hot.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
??? George Michael or Joe Esposito ???
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)
George Michael, I guess. He seems more well known.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
okay i'll ask a serious question~

Do you beleive in re-birth etc, and if you do then how many times does a soul reborn?
Arlen is hot.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Personally, yes. I do believe in a certain form of re-birth and reincarnation, and I believe that the soul is "recycled" repeatedly until the universe is such that it can no longer sustain any life whatsoever.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
George Michael, I guess. He seems more well known.

Do you think fame should be a factor when it comes to liking someone?

If it is, could you maybe direct George to my house?
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Did you mean "liking someone" or "liking someone's music"?

If you meant liking someone personally, then the answer no. Fame is not important.

If you meant liking someone's music, then the answer is partially yes. If he is more well known, then there is a good chance that his music is more well liked. But it all depends on your tastes in music.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I always thought the soul is recycled until it does enough good deeds and suffers enough (suffer=living) until it's sins have been paid for.

Which is the real reason?
Arlen is hot.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
No one knows. There's no way to prove the theory of reincarnation one way or the other just yet.

Rep:
Level 96
If you masturbate, do you really go blind?  :o
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Well, I haven't gone blind yet, so the answer must be no.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Why did you choose Zylos for a name?
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 96
Why did you choose Zylos for a name?

Everybody knows that one. Here, fallow this link and you shall know why. ~Link~
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
My name is based off of this character.