RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Celestias Ferrum ~Chapter One Released!~

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
I actually like the title screen a lot.  Since my project is my first, i'm not making anythin' overly spectacular right now, and keeping almost everything to the in-game graphics and i've been having trouble getting a good title/GO screen.  If you don't mind, i might try to make up title/GO screens based from that wee idea?  I like it  :D

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
Well I may be a guy, but I love romance lol. All I was saying was, I tend to be the writer of projects when it comes down to it. Then in turn, Thats what I tend to see in projects, is the quality of writing and so on. Thats why Im interested in seeing more of your project is all lol. good luck Im rooting for ya! <3
The boys are going out for hookers and ice cream. Is that something you would be interested in?

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
thanks, well, not much work recently, but I'll see if it's possible to get something up.

heres an major delima for me right now.

I love my current battle system, using greenraven's and Dollmage's sprites are absolutly awsome! But I can't sprite worth shit in their style on such a large scale. Simply impossible. I'm deciding really, really, really hard on weather or not to discard the system. I love it so much, but I just don't have the skills to make it work. most likely, I'll be using a side view system that uses char sets instead. It's tough for me to let go, but I have to do it.......

*cries*

well, guess thats goodbye to the old system....

I'm going to put up a demo for it just cuz no one ever really even got to play it.

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
I see, well thats to bad. I think im going to search for books,sites, etc, on sprite making and see if I can find something that helps people learn maybe some basics of it. It seems like every project suffers from the same problem. (not speaking for everyone), but yea.
The boys are going out for hookers and ice cream. Is that something you would be interested in?

Rep:
Level 87
*sigh* yeah

I can sprite to an degree, but the problem I've just realized painfully is that my side veiw battlers does not match doll mage's or white tie's style at all!

That, and side veiw battlers just take forever to make, I'm slow enough making simple rtp sprites....>_>

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
relationship system that is like date sims...
have you ever played persona 3? there's that thing(like datesims) but way more advanced and there's also 3 girls that you can advance in a further relation to be able to do ''more stuff''

anyway, really cool looking game.

Rep:
Level 87
lol, your grandpa cloud made ma laugh XD

lol, anyways, I've heard of it, but never played it before. Mine is probably close though, the relationship stats affects weather or not the particular girl will join you in battle, though I've only planned for 3 girls, I have 4 more choices I can add as well, but thats for the future.

thanks for the comment :D

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
You got a problem? Fix by yourself.
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Dating games huh? Sounds good, maybe I can help you. I'm a shoujo manga writer after all.
Domino can write the love story and I can make the date scene like girl's feelings and stuff.

Oh, and I'm 100% girl :P

Rep:
Level 87
lol, yeah, I'm having major story problems atm.

for some reason, I think it's the influences from actually playing rpgs again, I'm starting to feel the urge to change my storyline around more and more. Not only that, I'mon eps 19 or Romeo X Juliet....great anime......

tell the truth, I've been so busy with working on a game, I havn't played much in half a year now. I've started to play tales of abyss again, hoping to finish it till the end this time, and also luminous arc. and my story just feels horrid >_>

I'll pm both of you for help very soon, as soon as I get some stuff organized. But if you really want to help, tell me. I'll send you the uncrypted version I gave sithlord, I'd like to discuss the story with someone for some help :=:

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
Oh calm down, tell me your idea and I'll help you. Since Domino's leaving, that means I'll take over his job for you.
BTW it's already 8 Jan, right? Or my calender is wrong?
Another one, I'll be busy at 22 Jan until February. Use my help well before that. ^-^

Rep:
Level 87
so wait, why'd he leave? shame...

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
so wait, why'd he leave? shame...

He said he had so much stuff to do in real life or something. :/
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 86
Looks great, can't wait to play this. :)

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
@Emidy: Jan 08 meaning Jan 2008.  No specific date given, so we've got to wait a few more weeks before we can rightfully start shoutin' at menkeydlu for bein' late when we all quite definitely want to see this game up and running....

@monkeydlu: as above; chop chop! :)

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Alright my thoughts from the screenshots:
1. Mapping is decent, could be better of course, but I don't see more than one error.
2. Message System - You need to use proper english, to me (and I assume other people as well) it makes the story sound like a four year old is narrating it. You should also consider using face graphics.
3. Do something about that horrid black spot in the battle screen, it looks horrible.

Rep:
Level 87
what does spelling have anything to do with the message system itself? I use dublex's message system, so everything can be self powered when it comes to cut scenes, anad everything is timed for dramatic effects. The spelling it self, like I said, will be given an look over by some beta testers. And really, how many spelling errors do you see from jsut those screen shots anyways?

and as for that black spot, not suggestions?

I'll probably do something about it once I find something I like. I really need to update those screenshots as well....

ok, last thing, I've decided that I'll post up an really small demo, like a preview. It'll consist of the game's opening, then the credits, and then a battle system test. and maybe some other things. Just becuase I feel bad right now that I don't have anything up at all.

This is simply becuase yes, I had originally set the deadline as sometime this month, and I did not expect so much more things to do, especially how I'm making several major changed about the story. Not only that, right now, I'm lazy as crap for playing RO all the time *sigh*

well, I'll put up the demo today after school, probably later than sooner.

Rep:
Level 91
Yeah, don't know why I put message system, shit happens at 5 in the morning.

I stopped counting after I noticed five errors. It may not sound like a big deal, but poor grammar and no capitalization changes the mood.

Rep:
Level 87
yeah, sorry about that, it was early for me. But yeah, I get the spelling thing literally everywhere. People need to understand that yes, I realize that I have grammer and spelling problems, but heres the thing, if I couldn't spot them the first time around, what makes them think that them just saying I have them does anything?

Personally, having only known english for 5 years, I think I'm pretty dam good. ah well, what rmxp really needs is a spell check.

anyways, I'm going to work on putting up that intro demo by tonight.

Rep:
Level 91
Hell yes, unfortunately, editing the game engine to put in a spell check would be against the legal documents =/

It shouldn't be hard to find someone to help with spelling, if your demo does well, I'm sure someone will be willing to run over your errors (they're REALLY easy to fix).

Rep:
Level 87
ugh.....alright, I've got alot to say about this, but you know what, I'm just going to shut up and see what happens.

I'll post what I think after I get some responses first.

anyways, heres the intro movie teaser, basically what I did was where the game was supposed to begin after the intro movie, I put a "coming soon" and linked it directly to the ending credits.

still, I hope you enjoy it. 

Download

edit-

alright, I updated the main post. I've scrapped a few things as you can see, it'd do you good if you can jsut forget everything thats no longer up there, I'm rewritting a few things and I don't want any spoilers, so for now, just enjoy i guess, and keep coming back, lol.

lastly, I want to ask anyone who wishes to support this project to place my game's userbar into your sig. Thank you.

Code: [Select]
[URL=http://www.freewebs.com/monkeydlu][IMG]http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/555/cfubcf3.png[/IMG][/URL]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 05:26:15 AM by monkeydlu »

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
Good intro, I won't comment much coz you know what I think. ^_^
...and I've done your request. Waiting for your command, General!

@Emidy: Jan 08 meaning Jan 2008.  No specific date given, so we've got to wait a few more weeks before we can rightfully start shoutin' at menkeydlu for bein' late when we all quite definitely want to see this game up and running....
True, and that's all we ever need! lol

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
I just realised i typed 'menkeydlu'.....that's what i get for postin' in college, eh?

As for spelling/grammar: i offered last month sometime to be an English-tester.  As Falcon says, it may not seem like a big thing, but to certain people (including me and i guess Falcon too?) it really can put people off.  It's a shame, but it happens. 
As i say though, i'll happily go through everythin' and look for errors.  I would only want to help a game i look forward to  :)

Rep:
Level 87
lol, alright, thanks. Btw, do you two have aim?

and Brady, do you think you could get started with the spelling?

Idk, people are still complaining about it, someone actually said spellcheck...yeah, like I wouldn't use that if I could.

anyways, check out the intro for misspellings if you can, thanks.

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
I use msn.  it's on my profily thing.  I'm busy just now but in a few hours i'll go through anythin' you already have put out and if you give me anythin' else that you haven't released on this page i'll go through that too.  :)

Rep:
Level 87
alright, don't use msn personnaly unfortunatly, but if you can keep an track of everything thats wrong in the movie, that'd be helpful. After that, I'll see if I can clean up my files enough to send over something.