RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Deira

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member

Credits

Enterbrain (Duh)
    Naramura
    Nakkurman
    Pickle/IceAx
    Whitecat
    Tana
    TheInquisitor
    Ccoa
    Yeyinde
    SDK Team
    MACL Team
    Zeriab
    Cogwheel
    Prexus
    Minkoff
    Guillaume777
    UCoders Team
    Momo
    sandgolem
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 12:48:48 AM by modern algebra »

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
We've been working on this crap for like, four months, why the hell did you put it in new projects XD

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Has no demo :P And it hardly helps to call it crap :P

Rep:
Level 91
I don't see a demo on Soul Raves, and it;'s the project of the month :P

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, true enough. I think we need to get a title for this - I think our current one (and the fact that it was posted on April Fools) implies an April Fools Day joke.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
woo giant hammer
Looking forward for the demo!
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 91
Wow, only one reply from someone not in the team, we must have fucked up somewhere.

Well, I may as well explain a bit about the battle system.

Unlike some RPGs, where you can just hammer the enter key to attack, you'll need to think a bit for our system. Nearly ALL skills are on cooldowns, you can't have the mage spam their best attack skill every turn; you'll need to use more than one skill every now and then.

Skill names can be in white (usable), red (needs X turns before you can use it again), or blue (need more EP/RP).

Also, since Tyrius and Dane are unable to use magic, we decided not to give them mana. Instead, they each have a unique way of using their skills. Anyone whose played WoW should feel right at home.

Tyrius, will use Energy, he starts at 100, and recovers a bit each turn. Tyrius should be using skills nearly every turn, and only attacking to recover energy.

Dane, is the opposite of Tyrius; he'll be attacking to fill his rage bar, and once it gets high enough, he can either use skills, or enter the berserk state. In theberserk state, Dane's attacks become much stronger, and have a chance to stun or cause the enemy to bleed.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 05:47:28 PM by Falcon »

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Hot damn @ that hammer.
Love the character portraits, especially the wolf guy. Very nice use of the Inq tileset from what I've seen here and on the screenshot thread, kudos on that. And hm, that's an interesting concept to have cool downs on that battle system; could be quite a refreshing touch.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
The cooldown effect, I'm really at home with that.

Unless I missed something, I always wanted to ask this. Why is Dane 7, or is that he ages slow like an elf does but has the maturity and body because they were intended to be perfect slaves? Sorry if I missed it.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 97
When they were created, they were meant to be slaves, and so the quicker they develop physical strength the more physical labour they could do. However, they also have a very short life span: approximately 40 years.

And thanks for the comments. emidy did a terrific job on the battlers in my opinion, and Falcon's maps and cooldown scripts are also pretty great. I have done ... very little, I'm afraid :P

Rep:
Level 97
Just a short update - this project actually is still being worked on. Now that Falcon has returned, production should speed up.

And Emidy has vanished for a while, we're recruiting an artist and a spriter.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 09:55:49 PM by Falcon »

Rep:
Level 91
First version of our CMS

The bars near the sprites are temporary.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
it -looks- good, mapping wise and all, but I can't get a feel for what's going to happen in the game.

There's a thieve's guild...a family...and some factions...
What's going to happen?
What's the motivation?

also, he's 7?
also 2, that scythe looks obscenely large in battle

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 97
You're probably right about that, we could expand a little on what is happening. But their fugitive status will take up pretty much all of the first chapter and so it gives you a feel for the early chapter at least. You're right though - I will discuss with Falcon how much more we should reveal.

Yeah, Cin'dor were designed to be perfect slaves, and so the elves designed them to reach physical maturity much earlier. This also halves their lifespan. I added that to the description of the race.

And yeah, the hammer(/scythe) is huge, but to quote Falcon, "if it didn't take up a lot of the screen, it wouldn't be awesome".

Thanks for taking a look NAM

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Ahaha I thought emidy was the artist. It's definitely her style. :D

Anyways, if it's outside the inn, why's it have a BG of an inside ?_? Lol

Besides that, it all looks pretty fantastic! :D

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
And yeah, the hammer(/scythe) is huge, but to quote Falcon, "if it didn't take up a lot of the screen, it wouldn't be awesome".

hammer/scythe

also: np :)

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 91
All hail the hammer-scythe.

Who said the battle screenshot was from the map. We have more than one map in the game. Wouldn't make much sense to have an inn that you can't go inside.

Rep:
Level 85
:3
I love the main characters, but the art style doesn't really match with the enemy battlers.  :-\

Are you going to be making all of the enemies in that style too?
:dalton:

Rep:
Level 91
I could give a rats ass about if the style matches everything in the game, it's not worth the all the extra work for our artist. Main characters and bosses are enough.

Rep:
Level 91

Just a screenshot of the stealth system I'm working on, it should be done real soon.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87

Just a screenshot of the stealth system I'm working on, it should be done real soon.

Hey, what was that noise just now?

Spoiler for:
I don't play enough of those games to pull out an actual quote.

whoops.

Rep:
Level 91
Just wanted to let everyone know that we've resumed work on this project. Also, I've updated the topic.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Spoiler for:
Lol, I thought he was on a segway at first ._.

Also, I could help you out with sprites and stuff. I mean, you guys do so much for me ._. so I could try to help out. I wouldn't be able to take too much with both my jobs atm, but I could certainly help and what not.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 02:00:17 AM by grafikal009 »

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for July 2008Project of the Month winner for May 20072011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
A solid team, and definitely has potential. c: Also just wanted to say that I absolutely love the logo, it's pretty stunning.

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
You got a problem? Fix by yourself.
They're just not patient...
I'm still working on the art, I know I'm kinda slow thanks to exams and work as my birthday gifts!

Thank you Reives, that logo took about 2 days work. >_<
Fixed Tyrius and Dane, Falcon will scrap the current ones later while I sleep, I'm sure.

Also, big text... too big... I think.