RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Celestias Ferrum ~Chapter One Released!~

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
if you're going to grab CG from other games and such, you have to know where they're from so you can credit properly...

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008
the shop was just for public use, I just used that from googling for merchant characters, lol, I didn know it was from mabinogi though, never played it.

I'm still trying to find a CG to use for my own game, that cg would clash with my own :\

and they really arn't that big... if you compare to her cg, as well as if you looked at the sprite on 1x view in a rmxp map, it's fine.

anyways, the game is using a tactical battle system, the battles will probably be from 10-15/20mins like you said, theres 3 missions (out of 5 choosable missions with a mission system) which will be the main focus of each day, and 3 story fights, which will happen at points int eh story.

the entire story is worked out, and it's great, I'm sure you'll love it, but yeah.

there'll be 1.5 hours or so of battles, and the rest is all story and prepping for battles like any other tactical game.

for the battles, you have the main character, Avion, and up to 3 mercenaries.

for the mercenaries, theres a very simple mercenary system with 3 classes, Knight, Warlock, and Priest, you can customize they're gender, weapon, and affinity skills.

depending on the battle, you'll also have story characters with you as well, the 3 possibilities are of Fukai, Miho, and Sakuran, the 3 girls.

the last two cast members are just the bad guy, and Miho's dead father.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
and they really arn't that big... if you compare to her cg, as well as if you looked at the sprite on 1x view in a rmxp map, it's fine.

ok, comparing sprite on a 1x view rmxp map to the cg

cg's look like size 34-A
sprites's look like size 42-D

Rep:
Level 87
agh, this is something I really don't care about, stop talking about it. I go to a all boys school, I have a right to things like thsi >_>

anyways, I'm reworking Avion's sprite as well.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
agh, this is something I really don't care about, stop talking about it. I go to a all boys school, I have a right to things like thsi >_>

learn to take criticism
especially when you're wrong.

I don't see how being in a sausage-fest school entitles you to make sprites that are grossly inaccurate compared to their CG counterparts just because you don't see enough tits around you.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Does this really matter so much?

Rep:
Level 87
I do take criticism, this is seriously just completely irrelevant to me, like Holk said, why does this even matter?

so she has bigger boobs, I'm happy with it.

Rep:
Level 84
we stay guttah out hur ya digg
hey monkey, you're here too? I swear you're a member of every RM forum there is @__@;;

Anyway, when did you decide to switch to a tactical battle system?

Good luck on this.
"you gonna pay wutchu owe santa clause" - Riley Freeman

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009

anyways, I'm reworking Avion's sprite as well.

I really like where you're going with the sprite. You're fixing all of my pet peeves. I love it.

Rep:
Level 87
thanks.

well, this isn't as much as a new demo as replacing my old demo, but here, have fun, lol.

the last one was just out dated is all.

Celestias Ferrum Preview
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 04:29:43 PM by Code Geass »

Rep:
Level 90
I just tried this out again.

I'm not exactly impressed. The game looked nice as usual...but what made it any different from the last demo? What was changed? It seems nearly the same to me. Having it cut out at the exact same point as last time was massively disappointing. What have you been up to all this time? :|

Needs more gameplay! I want to see what ideas you may have in action. >:V

Rep:
Level 87
lol, well, I have game play done... just a little, still trying to set up the GTBS

the thing is, I'm using templates for all the characters since I'm ridiculously slow at spriting :'D so I dont' want to have anything like that.

but yeah, it's not a NEW demo, I just didn't want to have teh old one up there since I rewrote the story, and the story in the last demo was terribly misleading XD

edit-

on another note, I realized yesterday it was uncrypted, lol, but that was after the THIRD time I had to reupload, so yeah, not going to care since theres nothing to steal anyways.

edit2-

oh, as for what I've done... I wrote the story XD

lol, yeah, but thats prolly the only major step for me, when I had the last demo I was COMPLETELY BSing it, lol, but now I've got it finished from start to finigh :)

theres going to be around 5 or 6 hours of gameplay, and theres only 6 characters in all, the story is all original and if you ask me I think it's awesome XD

and... I made the town exploration system and the shopping system via events... the exploration system was for another game so I haven't converted it yet.

those, and just spriting :\ (which... I've done VERY little of x.x)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 01:38:09 PM by Code Geass »