RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Celestias Ferrum ~Chapter One Released!~

Rep:
Level 87
Code Geass = Best show EVER XD
Project of the Month winner for May 2008

Whats the point of debating something as pointless as the meaning of life?

Whats wrong with simply accepting life as it comes and goes?

Would it really be that hard?

I can't remember...

Maybe... I've just died to many times to really care anymore...

---------------------------------------------------------
Character List

Spoiler for Characters:
Character art by Gladyfaith

Story

Spoiler for Story:
Following tale of a young couple as they travel into a reminiscent home town, a string of strange events and a push towards awakenings unravel the tale of faith, duty, and reality. Follow Avion as he finds himself thrown into a conflict that was never his own, but one he was destined to fight in.

Features

Spoiler for Features:
5 to 6 hours of captivating gameplay with a original short story with mysteries untold.

A tactical battle system with a mercenary system of 4 customizable classes, played through 4 missions and 4 story related battles.

A completely custom made evented shopping system with smooth interface and a intuitive system design.

Fully evented pseudo animated intro.

Completely custom Menu system

High quality graphics interface using customized text windows and all custom character sprites on a custom template.

ScreenShots

Spoiler for Screenshots:

Videos
Spoiler for Videos:
Animated intro raw

*The Intro is being remade, the current video does not in anyway reflect the actual story.

Credits

Spoiler for Credits:
* The Team

Monkeydlu (Lead Sprite Artist, Director, System Eventer, Writer)
             Sithlord (Lead Mapper)

* Credits List

Story, Directing, & Eventing: Monkeydlu
             Mapping: Sithlord999
             Lead Exclusive Sprite Artist: Monkeydlu
             Other Exclusive Sprite Artists: Mit-Mat, Raguman, CoyoteCraft, Caro Ru Lushe, SithJester, Nessiah
             Tilesets/Addons Artists: $T3vO, Sithjester, ZanyZora
             Sponsor: Phantom of PhanxGames
             Battle System: Zenith's ZTBS
             Anime CG & Portraits: XUSE/UNBSD Illustrations (RIPPED ART)
             Battler Sprites: XUSE (RIPPED SPRITES)
             Chibi Portraits: Gladyfaith.Deviantart.com
             Menu System & graphics: NanKongX, Gladyfaith, Monkeydlu, StrawberryQuartz
             Universal Message System: Ccoa
             3D Battle Animations: Mascarphone
             Emotion Animations: Etori
             Logo Design: Hanzo Kimura
             Music: Various and way too many to list.
             Opening Theme: "Silly Go Round" by FictionJunction Yuuka

Downloads
Spoiler for Downloads:

Support

Spoiler for Support:
Please put this in your siggy if you wish to support everyone who has put work and effort into this project:

Code: text [Select]
[url=http://www.freewebs.com/monkeydlu/][img]http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/555/cfubcf3.png[/img][/url]

Fan Related

Spoiler for Fan Relate:
Monkeydlu:

CatcherRye:

Enexodia (Nessiah/YnLraey):

Saphirez:

GladyFaith:

Zue:

Ellenor:

Caro ru Lushe:

« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 08:53:42 PM by Code Geass »

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Looks interesting.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I fucking fell in love with this after watching the screenies and reading some of that.

Mapping is a little... stiff, but I will sure as hell play this game. Those cutscenes are awesome.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 88
Heh.

Finally.

A RPG Maker game that actually looks professional. I've been waiting for something like this. You inspire me.

Looks like its back to work.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
The pictures look pretty great. I also like the story.

I take it that the world is based loosely off of the Fire Emblem world of Tellius? Just from the names Laguz and Beorc that is. Anyway, the project sounds pretty good and I wish you luck.

Rep:
Level 87
wow...this has got to be the fastest I've ever gotten respond on this...lol...this feels suprisingly good. Hoepfully, this'll make me less lazy ~_~

As for the Fire Emblem thing, lol

well, when I was starting this project, me with my horrible imagination, was just looking trough my game cases for inspiration. It's based really loosely, the history was completely written out by myself, later on in development though, I guess with some influences from Fire Emblem. I just didn't really have it in me to make original race names >_>

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Wow, i really have no words for how great this is.  :tpg:
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Rep:
Level 87
lol, thanks.

updated the main post with a short credits list and a link to the main credits list. That one actually needs updating, I'll do so soon though.

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
You got a problem? Fix by yourself.
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
It's beautiful, and so inspiring.... such talent you have there.
The storyline is nice, I'm sure it will be a great game.
Good luck with your work.

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
I agree, this looks pretty amazing.

Rep:
Level 87
thanks for the supportive comments. I'm hopping to use my christmas holidays to really finish up chapter one, and get it tested, touched up, all that stuff, and then release it formally.

This will be second release, after my first terribly rushed one, which I have withdraw thankfully. Though it didn't get bad reveiws, which is probably why I havn't jumped ship yet, but I'm thankful becuase I found my mapper becuase of the release.

anyways, I'm looking at probably some where within janurary, after break is over and I get time to get everything tested.

I'm also going to mention here quickly, if anyone would be intrested in being a tester. The max I'll need is 2 people, but they have to be dedicated, and will be willing to use up at least 30 hours within the month of testing to play the game repeatedly, not only that, you seriously, MUST, be good at english...lol

thats my major problem, I've had at least  6 editors so far, math was pretty good, and a very good bit of bugs were detected, but a gaint list of spelling problems and grammer stuff dosn't really help me.....>_>

so I'm going to need a editor who's familiar with RMXP, preferably very experienced, who will be willing t use a uncrypted version and actually correct most of the stuff himself. If this is jsut a dream of mine that'll never be obtainable, then w/e, a long list of spelling and grammer mistakes is still apprechiated.

anyways, if you have some crit, feel free to post, and suggestions are welcome.

edit-

well, dispite my past weekend, which was ever so uncontrustive, I did manage to organize my story a bit. And with it I decided to make a mock up map. I've had this sketched out a few times, but idk, this just the mock up. Theres several spoilers, but since their unamed, it dosn't matter.

K stands for Katins M stands for Magicians, B stands for Beorc, and the boxes are the Laguz. The place with Fukai's pic is Razril obviously, and the place with Avion is where Avion's house is located.

This is not, I repeast, NOT the "WORL" of lilium, this is simply the mainland continent, which I had already named but due to me losing my sketch on loseleaf, it will remain unnamed for now I geuss.....*sighs*

Spoiler for:
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 11:21:39 PM by monkeydlu »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Good Luck there.
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

Rep:
Level 87
Thank yous  :)

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
The screenshots look very good, and the story line is good, but you could do some more work on your maps.

That's all I have to say now.

Rep:
Level 87
yup, my maps arn't the best, but Sithlord (godsend) helps me alot. He's making alot of really really good maps, and replacing my old maps. Only the one with the afternoon city is his, but I'l post more thats from his later :D

Rep:
Level 88
wow! This looks AMAZING!  :tpg: Who did the scripting?

i wants to play :D
"Wait........ It might be Booby Trapped.........."
"That's O.K. I love Boobies."

Rep:
Level 87
Hm...well, alot of people. You can look at the credits list for the whos. The CBS was Minkoff's combined with trickster's and cogwheel's. the Menus were Moghunter's, and the message system was Dublex and a bunch of there's.

thanks for the support. Anyways, updated the character art, my commisions came in, more will be done eventually if I feel like it.

edit-

oh, and you'll be able to play it sometime during january, that is my projected date for finishing.

edit-

also, I'm putting more thought into the world map. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me make one? Something like those oldie styled maps, like a pirate map of sorts, idk, any kind of map would do, I just don't really know how to make a map, and that little paint scribble won't really do, lol.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 02:54:34 AM by monkeydlu »

Rep:
Level 87
Yay! I've gotten more maps, some spriting, especially Sean's RTP, done, as well as most of my music is set! I'm just testing alot of stuff, and I'm finidng more and more tiny little bugs and errors. If I'm lucky, I'll get most of my stuff done by the end of my break.

Now then, main problem, I've still yet to finish the side veiw battler for the main character, Avion. Yeah......well, I'll take care of that later.

Things on my to do list for the break

~implement new maps, set all the passage for the maps as well, and bug m mapper for even more great maps XD

~Re route the major events so everything will work for new maps, replan the converses to fit with prequel novel

~Manage and set all graphical icons into one sigel style, most likely either tales, Ro, or custom made.

~Scrap together a custom number system for all stats. HP, MP, ATK, EXP, etc, so that everything can be counted and more easily organized.

~Finish world map by making a final copy, or bugging someone else to help me make one.

~Reorganize the sound track, and smooth out all the transitions as they all suck.

~Finish the major spriting jobs, Sean's RTP, Avion's battler, and....well, I'm not telling.

~make a presentable demo :P

Rep:
Level 87
Yay! Implemented new maps and the new 8 direction movement script!

Also, almost finished with the completely new stats system!

Let me what ya'll think k? :3

screen6

Forest of Sleep
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 05:59:32 PM by monkeydlu »

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
I think there freakkin awesome, and the monster though as little cute as it appears sorta scares me when it's casting magic.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

Rep:
Level 87
lol, greenraven's battlers arn't that intimidating, I plan on editing them to make them scarier, but thats far back on the list atm

Rep:
Level 87
new updates

Spent a couple of hours eventing the new title screen from scratch.

Title Screen

new quality time of day visuals, featuring morning, da, dusk, afternoon, and night.

Morning Light
City Dusk

Sweet new maps, remade by the talented Sithlord999, all maps were made by him. Other than the cut scene one.

House Interior

New dynamic cinimatic cut scenes with scrolling maps for amazing experience.

Opening Cutscene

Almost close to being good. Just gotta do alot of trimming, and them progress with the story as well.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 05:56:38 PM by monkeydlu »

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
Wow loads of stuff to read @_@ if you send me a message ill promise to read it soon! Im personally a writter myself, and that, in turn is what I tend to look at in a game. I promise ill look at it more soon!
The boys are going out for hookers and ice cream. Is that something you would be interested in?

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Nice new updates, and the title screen is just awesome  ;8

Rep:
Level 87
@Dominick

idk what you mean, lol, do you want to help me write? becuase I'm looking for an co-writer right now, preferably an girl becuase since I wanted to put major focus on the relationship system, and the conditional branches with the difference scenes...ugh...I just have some trouble trying to fit all the character responses in my head, so yeah, and co-writer who specializes in romance is really needed. I'm only looking for one on the side right now, becuase I've just got so much other sstuff I've gotta finish before I can have fun with stuff like that.

@Ruzu

meh, the title screen is tempo. I made it pretty quick, and I just did it becuase I found the script by chance, and my old title just sucked like hell. Thanks though :P

edit-

I was just wondering, there really isn't that much to read other than the little geography lesson I have on my world. I've never really wanted to publically reveil any of the story yet...lol

I might see if I can type something thats pleasable one day.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 08:44:30 AM by monkeydlu »

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
I actually like the title screen a lot.  Since my project is my first, i'm not making anythin' overly spectacular right now, and keeping almost everything to the in-game graphics and i've been having trouble getting a good title/GO screen.  If you don't mind, i might try to make up title/GO screens based from that wee idea?  I like it  :D

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
Well I may be a guy, but I love romance lol. All I was saying was, I tend to be the writer of projects when it comes down to it. Then in turn, Thats what I tend to see in projects, is the quality of writing and so on. Thats why Im interested in seeing more of your project is all lol. good luck Im rooting for ya! <3
The boys are going out for hookers and ice cream. Is that something you would be interested in?

Rep:
Level 87
thanks, well, not much work recently, but I'll see if it's possible to get something up.

heres an major delima for me right now.

I love my current battle system, using greenraven's and Dollmage's sprites are absolutly awsome! But I can't sprite worth shit in their style on such a large scale. Simply impossible. I'm deciding really, really, really hard on weather or not to discard the system. I love it so much, but I just don't have the skills to make it work. most likely, I'll be using a side view system that uses char sets instead. It's tough for me to let go, but I have to do it.......

*cries*

well, guess thats goodbye to the old system....

I'm going to put up a demo for it just cuz no one ever really even got to play it.

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
I see, well thats to bad. I think im going to search for books,sites, etc, on sprite making and see if I can find something that helps people learn maybe some basics of it. It seems like every project suffers from the same problem. (not speaking for everyone), but yea.

Rep:
Level 87
*sigh* yeah

I can sprite to an degree, but the problem I've just realized painfully is that my side veiw battlers does not match doll mage's or white tie's style at all!

That, and side veiw battlers just take forever to make, I'm slow enough making simple rtp sprites....>_>

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
relationship system that is like date sims...
have you ever played persona 3? there's that thing(like datesims) but way more advanced and there's also 3 girls that you can advance in a further relation to be able to do ''more stuff''

anyway, really cool looking game.

Rep:
Level 87
lol, your grandpa cloud made ma laugh XD

lol, anyways, I've heard of it, but never played it before. Mine is probably close though, the relationship stats affects weather or not the particular girl will join you in battle, though I've only planned for 3 girls, I have 4 more choices I can add as well, but thats for the future.

thanks for the comment :D

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
Dating games huh? Sounds good, maybe I can help you. I'm a shoujo manga writer after all.
Domino can write the love story and I can make the date scene like girl's feelings and stuff.

Oh, and I'm 100% girl :P

Rep:
Level 87
lol, yeah, I'm having major story problems atm.

for some reason, I think it's the influences from actually playing rpgs again, I'm starting to feel the urge to change my storyline around more and more. Not only that, I'mon eps 19 or Romeo X Juliet....great anime......

tell the truth, I've been so busy with working on a game, I havn't played much in half a year now. I've started to play tales of abyss again, hoping to finish it till the end this time, and also luminous arc. and my story just feels horrid >_>

I'll pm both of you for help very soon, as soon as I get some stuff organized. But if you really want to help, tell me. I'll send you the uncrypted version I gave sithlord, I'd like to discuss the story with someone for some help :=:

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
Oh calm down, tell me your idea and I'll help you. Since Domino's leaving, that means I'll take over his job for you.
BTW it's already 8 Jan, right? Or my calender is wrong?
Another one, I'll be busy at 22 Jan until February. Use my help well before that. ^-^

Rep:
Level 87
so wait, why'd he leave? shame...

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
so wait, why'd he leave? shame...

He said he had so much stuff to do in real life or something. :/

Rep:
Level 86
Looks great, can't wait to play this. :)

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
@Emidy: Jan 08 meaning Jan 2008.  No specific date given, so we've got to wait a few more weeks before we can rightfully start shoutin' at menkeydlu for bein' late when we all quite definitely want to see this game up and running....

@monkeydlu: as above; chop chop! :)

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Alright my thoughts from the screenshots:
1. Mapping is decent, could be better of course, but I don't see more than one error.
2. Message System - You need to use proper english, to me (and I assume other people as well) it makes the story sound like a four year old is narrating it. You should also consider using face graphics.
3. Do something about that horrid black spot in the battle screen, it looks horrible.

Rep:
Level 87
what does spelling have anything to do with the message system itself? I use dublex's message system, so everything can be self powered when it comes to cut scenes, anad everything is timed for dramatic effects. The spelling it self, like I said, will be given an look over by some beta testers. And really, how many spelling errors do you see from jsut those screen shots anyways?

and as for that black spot, not suggestions?

I'll probably do something about it once I find something I like. I really need to update those screenshots as well....

ok, last thing, I've decided that I'll post up an really small demo, like a preview. It'll consist of the game's opening, then the credits, and then a battle system test. and maybe some other things. Just becuase I feel bad right now that I don't have anything up at all.

This is simply becuase yes, I had originally set the deadline as sometime this month, and I did not expect so much more things to do, especially how I'm making several major changed about the story. Not only that, right now, I'm lazy as crap for playing RO all the time *sigh*

well, I'll put up the demo today after school, probably later than sooner.

Rep:
Level 91
Yeah, don't know why I put message system, shit happens at 5 in the morning.

I stopped counting after I noticed five errors. It may not sound like a big deal, but poor grammar and no capitalization changes the mood.

Rep:
Level 87
yeah, sorry about that, it was early for me. But yeah, I get the spelling thing literally everywhere. People need to understand that yes, I realize that I have grammer and spelling problems, but heres the thing, if I couldn't spot them the first time around, what makes them think that them just saying I have them does anything?

Personally, having only known english for 5 years, I think I'm pretty dam good. ah well, what rmxp really needs is a spell check.

anyways, I'm going to work on putting up that intro demo by tonight.

Rep:
Level 91
Hell yes, unfortunately, editing the game engine to put in a spell check would be against the legal documents =/

It shouldn't be hard to find someone to help with spelling, if your demo does well, I'm sure someone will be willing to run over your errors (they're REALLY easy to fix).

Rep:
Level 87
ugh.....alright, I've got alot to say about this, but you know what, I'm just going to shut up and see what happens.

I'll post what I think after I get some responses first.

anyways, heres the intro movie teaser, basically what I did was where the game was supposed to begin after the intro movie, I put a "coming soon" and linked it directly to the ending credits.

still, I hope you enjoy it. 

Download

edit-

alright, I updated the main post. I've scrapped a few things as you can see, it'd do you good if you can jsut forget everything thats no longer up there, I'm rewritting a few things and I don't want any spoilers, so for now, just enjoy i guess, and keep coming back, lol.

lastly, I want to ask anyone who wishes to support this project to place my game's userbar into your sig. Thank you.

Code: [Select]
[URL=http://www.freewebs.com/monkeydlu][IMG]http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/555/cfubcf3.png[/IMG][/URL]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 05:26:15 AM by monkeydlu »

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
Good intro, I won't comment much coz you know what I think. ^_^
...and I've done your request. Waiting for your command, General!

@Emidy: Jan 08 meaning Jan 2008.  No specific date given, so we've got to wait a few more weeks before we can rightfully start shoutin' at menkeydlu for bein' late when we all quite definitely want to see this game up and running....
True, and that's all we ever need! lol

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
I just realised i typed 'menkeydlu'.....that's what i get for postin' in college, eh?

As for spelling/grammar: i offered last month sometime to be an English-tester.  As Falcon says, it may not seem like a big thing, but to certain people (including me and i guess Falcon too?) it really can put people off.  It's a shame, but it happens. 
As i say though, i'll happily go through everythin' and look for errors.  I would only want to help a game i look forward to  :)

Rep:
Level 87
lol, alright, thanks. Btw, do you two have aim?

and Brady, do you think you could get started with the spelling?

Idk, people are still complaining about it, someone actually said spellcheck...yeah, like I wouldn't use that if I could.

anyways, check out the intro for misspellings if you can, thanks.

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
I use msn.  it's on my profily thing.  I'm busy just now but in a few hours i'll go through anythin' you already have put out and if you give me anythin' else that you haven't released on this page i'll go through that too.  :)

Rep:
Level 87
alright, don't use msn personnaly unfortunatly, but if you can keep an track of everything thats wrong in the movie, that'd be helpful. After that, I'll see if I can clean up my files enough to send over something.

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
I pm'd you with a bunch of stuff.  if you wanna check that instead of me writin' it all out again.  I can't get the teaser workin' sadly...havin' the same problem with Zylos' teaser  :-\

Rep:
Level 87
Thanks, loved your work. I really apprechiat this, and I know how hard this can be since you don't use rmxp.

I will re-release the trailer once I finish remaking the ending credits, as well as remake some of the things that were only in that trailor, as stupid me, I deleated the trailor's uncrypted file...so I've lost about 2 hours of work...*sigh*

And I need to fix the credits as well, the credits in the trailor is very old and incompletle, but it really dosn't have anything so it's not much of a big deal.

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Well i'm just lookin' forward to seein' more, so send me stuff as soon as it's ready to be checked  ;)
I don't have a clue what (un)encrypted stuff is, but losing two hours of work must suck either way. 
I didn't check over the end-credits to be honest....but sayin' that, how did you get credits before title screen?  That a scriptin' thing i assume?

Rep:
Level 87
I used a simple evented title screen script from hbgames.org

Just search for evented title screen, I think there was a link in the second one or somehting, lol.

Alright, anyways, right now, everything is excrutiating slow, becuase I've done no work over the past few days. Main reason, I've become addicted to Ro, ragnarok online, once again.....*sigh*

ah well, w.e

So the project most likely will be slowed down quite a bit over thie period of time. Hopefully, out main site, chance productions, will be finished over this time period.

tell the truth, as of now, my main problem is inspiration, laziness, and the lack of support. Mostly cuz I have no frikkin idea what I'm doing, lol......

actually, it's mainly just laziness....*sigh*

ah well, um...so yeah, I'm going to move the release date back to the end of summer 08, just cuz Ro is to adicting, and it'll take a while for me to get sick of playing games again and start making them. Hopefully, this isn't THAT serious....

Rep:
Level 91
Ragnarok is crap, go play WoW. If you get addicted, at least get addicted to a GOOD game.

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
hbgames.org......for rmxp perchance?  I can't use scripts, and especially not for xp.  Mind the rm2k3 thing for me....ach well....

I get more interested in makin' them than playin' them half the time, and when i play them it's usually much older games, like Azure Dreams or DW:M i play....i like the classics.
If you're gunna get addicted to playin' games....play good games  ;)

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
Wow...you guys are mean. If he get addicted more to those games, I bet he can't even finished his school... LOL
BTW I don't have any particular aim to help you, I just love the artwork at the first post and decided to help you. That way, maybe I can get inspiration for my work in real life. =3

Phew...I'm glad Brady decided to help you, to tell you the truth I'm confused with your weird dialogs. I also have checked a bit what you gave me the other day, and sadly I have to say, you know nothing bout girls... ;_;
But don't worry, I have your back.

Rep:
Level 87
meh, Ragnarok is the first mmo I've ever played, and anthem (aka anima) is the only server I've ever played. I don't like changing after so long, other than that, I just like it's graphics. WoW is just weird for me :P

on the other hand, phantom (good friend and owner of phanx) is actually making his own server, lol.

I'm also trying to finish tales of abyss right now, I think I'm only 25 hours or so away.

and btw, thats not even my artwork lol, xuse's, but I wish I could draw that well. Still, I can't really help not knowing anything about girls >_<

lol, idk, I thought I did kindof well for the first little part, but it's good to know that I'll be getting some professional opinions :P

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Well good stuf you're gettin' help on that then...females generally baffle me with everythin' they do....i'll just make sure the English is right...seems damn easy to me....although i'm curious to see this anyways....even if just to see more of the game....

And yeah, i did that too with the first mmo i played.  never changed servers, just stayed in the same one, never found another mmo i liked as much.  I'm a loyalist to my games.  :)

And why am i mean?

Rep:
Level 87
see if you can get rmxp in the mean time though. The one I showed to Emi probably got deleated already, plus, it's frikkin huge and unorganized.

Right now, I've cleaned up alot of junk it's gotten from the 170mb I used to have to 64mb. Well, I hope I can get some more work done, but yeah...I'm going to go change the topic name now...>_<

edit-

holy shit...wth just happened...um..yeah, for some reason, my media fire account seems to have been deleated....well, I don't think I lost anything, well, lost a few things that I need to reupload, but w/e, I'll get to it another day.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 10:19:48 PM by monkeydlu »

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
Yeah, you used too many variables, unused pics, chara and all. I still don't know if you really going to use all the music in Audio Folder. 64MB still big to some people. If you can, make it more smaller. Well if you can't, then it's alright.

Oh and Brady, don't mind that too much. ^-^

Rep:
Level 87
yeah, I'm still supposed to be working on it....ugh...seriously, I keep telling myself that I have to keep working on this, but like nothing, I just don't touch it at all. It's just the last thing I want to do right now for some reason. Idk, might be becuase I've been going at this way to long. I'll get back to it eventually, lol, I do know the limits of my lazyness.

anyways, there are alot of stuff that needs to be cleaned up. Right now, more than half the space is still coming from the audio files. Unfortunatly, I use 3 RO songs as a over all theme and 2 battle soundtracks, then theres 2 mp3 songs that are used for the ending credits and the other for the in game history movie, which I am probably looking towards scrapping, I don't really like the movie that much. Might do something with it later on though.

for now, I'm enjoying rewatching nadisco and ro.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Ah, I know what you mean, Writer's Block. Mostly annoying and doesn't make one want to work on it =P Has happened to me some times.

You just need to relax a bit and wait for it to pass, what I suggest is watching other stuff, like Anime, Movies or reading more books, play other games, etc. Try to get back the Inspiration =X

That's what I did when I was too lazy to continue with mines (Althou It mostly was because of RMXP screwing up the Game Disc with just Audio Tracks only and the Data Folder getting 'Corrupted').

=X I cheer on you to not give up on this, I am quite expecting a longer version and fixed up with more things.

Rep:
Level 87
Yeah, I hate it when my mind goes blank, but I've actually been able to get over quite a bit of that, mostly thankful to Romeo X Juliet, though the ending was crappy, it did help me a bit. But right now, I know 90% of what I have to do. All the reeventing and what I want, just, I'm missing probably 10% of the reasources needed. But tell the truth, There is no reason I can't find them if I looked for them, mostly it's just that idk, I guess I'm overworked? >_>

oh well, I guess I'll just hope this passes.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
 :-\ I did too hate the Ending of Romeo x Juliet, but then again, I was expecting them both to die. =X I for one working on mines alone (Me been Mapper, Spriter (Editing certain), Figuring out Scripts, Etc). =X If you can't find a resource and can't find someone that is willing to do it, sometimes one have to do it oneself >__>;;

=X But for the moment relax and take some time, get some inspiration and come back to work =D

Rep:
Level 87
meh, I do most of the reasource gathering and making, I get help with spriting some times, got two requests from wolf and one edit from mit-mat. Though, my mapping isn't the best, I'll admit, but thankfully, sithlord is here  :tpg:

btw, you use character arts for cut scenes, you gotta an good place to find them? Like the busts and stuff, idk, I deleated all of mine, like, 10gb of it, cuz it was taking up to much space and yes, my gamming experienced suffered from it >_>

so yeah, lol, *sigh* well, guess I will just relax.

Rep:
Level 87
Well then I am happy to announce that the guild I was in on RO has gone through some serious drama and is now in tatters, the cause of the drama is actually a rising HTML user, and has actually offered to help me finish making the CHANCE development website. We don't know if we'll be using him yet, but at least we have some good attention.

also, becuase of this, I seized the opportunity to turn myself away from RO, and is close to losing intrest in it. Becuase of this and my 2 hour bus trip back and forth to mississippi for a mardi gras parade I marched in for NJROTC, I actaully was able o think heavily about my game, it's progreess, what I'll do, and the story line, clearing up alot of things for me, and so withint the past few hours, I've made some great progress, a nice start and I hope to continue.

well then, back to work >:3

edit-

I finished rewatching Nadesico, after almost 8 years since the first time I watched it as the first anime I ever layed eyes on, I must say, I love it XD

and this time I even watched the movie, not only that, I actually understand the dam thing, back then it was just a bunch of robots blowing stuff up, this time, I must say, terrific anime!

anyways, now watching Ichigo 100%, been almsot a year since I finished the manga, what a manga...wow, my fav manga ever, second place being GTO.

ok, off topicness done, just had to say XD
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 04:19:11 AM by monkeydlu »

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
Good for you. That's a good thing, indeed.

BTW, you should post some screenshots to tell us about your progress.

Rep:
Level 87
that I can do XD

3 screenys of what I'm currently working on. I've been able to use new maps, link together them, and I've also made a story board, it's alot neater now that it's all layed out, can't put it upf ro you of course :p too many spoilers.

I want to give a special thanks again to sithlord for all his maps XD (but these wern't his, his would've been better :P the forest maps are from whyyte)

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x268/monkeydlu/screen3-1.jpg
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x268/monkeydlu/screen2-2.jpg
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x268/monkeydlu/screen1-2.jpg

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Nice....more?
Been a long time waitin' for this game now, i'm considering startin' a protest...

Rep:
Level 87
lol

well, I just updated the first post, most of you probably wont' notice as I pretty much know no one ever really reads any of the crap, and only look at the screen shots, but yeah, I completely re-wrote the character profiles, updated a few things here and there, updated the credits list as well, but mostly the character profiles.

also, welcome the 4th new member of the team, Emidy for helping me write scenario conversations with girls XD

And heres a new screenshot just cuz you asked :P

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Yay for a new screen shot, and because you re-wrote the character profiles i'll go read them again... eventually or now :P

Good luck.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
After Reading Them: I get more and more Excited =X Their data is better than the last one, that I can tell.

Rep:
Level 87
thank yous very much XD

I will hopefully keep working hard and try to bring you all a demo ^_^

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Yes, you better give us a Demo, I wanna Play This +___+

I'm finding this quite interesting, specially . . . Miho +__+

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
I visited the website the other day.  Found it interesting.  I want to play this one.  :)

There are some flaws in the English, but that can be forgiven.  I don't even know where you are from, so yeah.

The story seems like the type that appears simple at the beginning, but gets more complex as it progresses.  So I will definitely watch for the release of the demo.

Rep:
Level 87
oh yeah, agh, I'm sooo sorry about that. I ment to put up totally new screenys, but I keep getting lazy >_>

I'll put some up before I release the demo, becuase then i'd be where I'm at. Also, I'l going to put aside 2~3 days before the release to get at least 1 or 2 Spell checkers, who will beta test and pretty much keep a record of all the misspellings and grammar problems.

You won't have to worry about Dialog though.

And yes, Miho is my favorite character so far as well XD

Fukai is too, hm...well, I can't decide @_@

I said this somewhere else, but since I was reading Ichigo 100% when I first started the project, and recently jsut watched the anime series last week, I'd have to say I get alot of influence from that series.

If I had to put it in perspective, Avion would be like Manaka in the sense he's the main character only, since their completly different personalities.

Miho would kindof be like Toujo, since she's always by his side but neither of them will make the first move bluntly.

Fukai would be alot like Nishino, since Avion will know his feelings painfully, but will have to chase after her since Nishino refuses him as she dosn't want to get hurt

and Sakuran would be like Satsuki since she openly loves Avion to no end always being cheerful and even admiting to the fact that Avion does like the other two girls, but she never gives up.

lol, idk if thats a good thing, but either way, Ichigo 100% rocks!!! XD

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Well I offered to keep the English right, mind? (wants to beta test ;D)
And hey, I'da thought English-checkers would be credited?  That a 'no' then?

Rep:
Level 87
well then, I feel retarded, for some reason, when I was updating the credits list, something made me think you were dominic 0.0

anyways, I'll change that, lol. Beta testerds and sneglish checkers are considered enditorial work, so you'll be credited under editors ^_~

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
 ;) Considerig how fun it is to Read this, I am ansious to play it. Keep it up. (Or Else I pull a Fial Judgment if you go lazy again +__+)

BTW, Eve thou if it's out of topic/Place, if you wat, I ca help you on Spriting, if you want to make Avion look like the One in "The Spirit Sword of Eternity 1~" CG screenshot you posted =X (I am quite bored, so I ask D: )

Rep:
Level 87
yeah, I was lazy, Mit-mat, my secondary sprite artist wanted to make that one, so I let him do it, it's not the most satisfatory job, but meh :P

If you want though, here it is:

also, I'm glad you offered me some help, I'm not the most creative guy around, so I'm trying to get some advice, like a advisor. I talk with Seth the mapper, but he's a guy, same age, not much smarter :P Emidy is taking a break, and I was wondering if you could help me out a bit?

if you can, I'll send you what I have now uncrypted. I need alot of advice as for the story telling. Please!!! >_>

edit-

btw, I tried it myself as well after he gave me his, but then I was like, eh, it works, w/e
it's super saturated, but thats not really hard to fix. that and I'm relaly lazy >_>

« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 06:23:30 PM by monkeydlu »

Rep:
Level 87
waah, no reply, I'mma spam your pm box begging for help now >_>

but in all seriousness, I jsut finished the update to send over to my team. And if i may say so myself, it looks fucking SWEET!

Lets see...I've COMPLETLY re-written the intro movie. This time around, it's no longer boring and slow. What happens is it starts off with the father walking through the burning and dystroyed city of Razril, and hen Avion will run in, scared and confused as a boy. The father will confess to him in the dire times that Avion was not his child, and tells him the RUN!!!

out of no where, an eerie magician comes in and kills the father off...what happens from then on, Avion has locked the horrid memories away ever since, but the memories that are still there haunts him every so often in the form of these night mares...

anyways, the intro is alot shorter and more interesting now.

Also, before that, I'll be Featuring Sou Hu the shaman, and btw, the guardian of the Celeias Ferrum, ai, I think I've said to much, anyways, she'll pop up at the very begging, for seeing danger, and so taking out her deck of cards, she'll pull one out. there'll be four choices of cards, you can decide what she pulled.

Not settled on the cards yet, but they'll be like "Love" "Hope" "Eternity" "Secret" etc, etc.

anyways, this will turn on a switch that will slightly affect the kind of C.A.R.D.S you receive.

CARDS stand for Celestias Amoris Rememor De somnium

translated it means The Goddess of Dreams Remembers the Love of Heaven

These cards, seperated into 3 classes, A, B, and C, will have various effects, for what? good question, for the amazing Item Crafting System!!!

Baisically, C.A.R.D.S is a game in the world of Lilium, it's popular among kids, and even some adults enjoy it. What it is baisically is a form of lottery.

Each card combination of 3 different classes will give you some sort of item. It's usually quite random, but certain combos will get you some really rare stuff XD

what do these cards look like you ask?

well, heres some samples!!! Completely Randomly selected without even looking at their picutres in photobucket. theres over 900+ of these! almost a whole thousand XD

anyways, this is still an idea, but I'm going to launch this very soon.

and btw, there are seriously, alot popular characters in this collection XD

The sun guy from bobobo has a card, Kos Mos and some of her friends have cards, Ed&al has a card, Naruto, TMNT, Street fighter, Chun Li @_@

it's a great collection, credit goes to  Ahruon and Orkimides for their amazing sprite card series XD

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
Cards.. that sounds a nice idea. ...and yes, I only take a few day break and found loads of messages begging for my help, haha...
Yes, you better give us a Demo, I wanna Play This +___+

I'm finding this quite interesting, specially . . . Miho +__+
Haha...yes, I completely changed Miho's personality, and Avion's reaction toward her.
Previous conversation was too lame and Avion is like a jerk! I feel like I want to punch his face. ^___^
So, I re-write the love plot.

Be careful with your choices guys, I made them as confusing as ever. (But challenging, of course) LOl
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 08:43:10 AM by emidy »

Rep:
Level 87
and THAT is why I suck at writing dialoge with women....they are confusing as HELL @_@ sry, it's too true...>_>

anyways, YIPPY!!! NEW SCREENSHOTS!@!!!

yup, to tired of all the spelling stuff, idk, maybe there are alot in these too, but don't ruin my fun :P

anyways, I've completly replaces the old screen shots with new ones. They're not tottally different, but idk, I felt like doing so.

btw, I need som einput onthe CARDS system.

good idea? bad idea? I'm going to carry through with it either way, I've igured out the story behind them, how you get them, as well as how you make the system.

it'll just be a pain to set up as it'll be alot of info to go through.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
waah, no reply, I'mma spam your pm box begging for help now >_>

D: Different Time Zones. =X About the PM, I'd have to think about it. I still have my own project and I am working at the moment solo >__>;;

Thou I could look at the dialogue. Later on Friday, would be best, since in a few hours I gotta go to college @__@ And I will work on that sprite *Crackles Hands*

Rep:
Level 87
alright then, don't worry about it, but yeah, thanks if you could make the sprite. XD

Rep:
Level 87
ok, updating the features with the C.A.R.D.S. system

(credit of the images goes to Ahruon and Orkimides)

Introducing C.A.R.D.S.!!! The TCG thats sweeping Lilium with excitement for kids and adults of all kinds!

What is C.A.R.D.S.?

Simple, Cards are uniquely engraved slates that was discovered after monsters started appearing in the world of Lilum. It is believed that these slates of compact Melcro are within all monsters that appear in Lilium. These cards have various uses and can be used to get special items.

What does it stand for?

C.A.R.D.S stand for CAmoReDeS (Ka-More-Tis)

So Where do they come from

After much research, it was found out that the material C.A.R.D.S. are made of is extremely similar to the currency, and so monster hunting and killing has become more and more popular as an profession. And so with each monster you kill, you can recover the card it drops. There are 3 different classes of Cards dependent on the worth of the Melcro that makes it, usually a stronger and more passionate soul will produce better cards.

A class being the most worth and C the least. The price range however still differ between the hundreds of variations of cards within each class.

So what do they do?

C.A.R.D.S. are surprisingly colorful and each one has an unique image engraved on them. They are popular with kids as collectibles and have become a TCG of sorts, and so value not only depends on the value of the Melcro, but also the rarity of the particular card.

Shops are set up all throughout Lilium that will accept these cards, trade, them, sell them. Other collectors also will go there to trade with others. Serious collectors will sometime offer rare and special items for particular cards they want. Be sure to talk to everyone so you can find fellow collectors.

So do they do anything special?

Only A class cards. If your ever lucky enough to find a A class card, you can go to a C.A.R.D.S. shop and buy a "Compactor" which will be a slot for cards. Normal compactors can hold a single A class card. Compactors can be worn on your wrist, rare cards will sometimes have some very positive effects that can be helpful for battle, relationships, or other special things.

However, most of these special cards are VERY hard to find, and so can usually only be obtained from trading or being bought in shops.

So how do I start collecting these cards?

Simple, just go out and kill monsters! If your weak or to lazy but have money, you can always just go to a card shop and buy some, true, shops have some very useful and rare cards, but the rarest of them all can never be bought.

now then, go out and have fun!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 10:05:18 PM by monkeydlu »

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
That's cool. =)
So, for collection only. I thought there'll be some kind of battle cards againts NPC or else, but the idea is interesting enough. I just hope you're not confused yourself by the cards system. Good luck!

I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
OMG

I like the Namine card.

They are so cool!!!

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
alright then, don't worry about it, but yeah, thanks if you could make the sprite. XD

Tell me which version you like between the Light Blue, Dark Blue or Dark Purple. (So I can finish it D: )

(yes, I sorta didn't like for some reaso the cloths he had >__>;; So I made them myself, sorry).

Rep:
Level 87
hm....a lighter version of the dark blue, like a cross, between the first and the second, so it'll match the battler sprites.

Also, Love the cloths, can you desaturated or darken the robes? their more like a tanned color than yellow, I did a bad job when I made it but didn't bother.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
I PM it right to you the full sprite. (Couldn't make a lighter version of the dark blue, it would've looked sorta Green)

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Lolz, hoorah for the new stuff. I also just noticied that one of your characters (npc) has my irl name lol.

Oh gawd, i want C.A.R.D.S. Now ;_;

Rep:
Level 87
Which npc was it? XD

I name all of the NPCs in towns and stuff, other than any shop keeper or dealer, with names after people I know XD

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
William, i was kind of shocked ;____; thought that character wanted to take my life and be me. lol, i feel weird if i name them after people i know. :P

Rep:
Level 87
I don't, I name them after them becuase their similar XD

The william I know has black hair and is a semi-play boy :P

lol. I might start naming people I meet on the interwebs as well if I run out of people in real life, but not working on any new cites right now :P

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
lol, now with the new sprite, guess you'd have to update  :P

Rep:
Level 87
theres a reason for the new post, it's a important update on the C.A.R.D.S. system.

lol, thanks Caro, you prevented me from double posting XD

I'll go update the first post now ^_~

anyways, heres how things work:

the card drop system will be completely based on a chance system.

After each battle, which there will never be random battles, also, the same monster even will never appear twice, after you beat it, a switch goes on and poof, never again.

Thats just to prevent train hogs tongue.gif I've set the expectancy to about 75% of all monsters should be kills for experience.

Anyways, how cards are dropped is after each call battle event, a variable event starts. Each monster will have a set of about 5 cards that it will randomly select baised on the random variable event, and whatever the variable equals, thats the card you get.

so this way, only bosses will ever drop A class cards, and thats only a 20~40% chance.

most normal A class cards can be bought. Ex.

Ranged ATK + 15, so that just means if you use Young, bow using playble character, later on in game, and you equip his compactor with that card, he'll get a small attack bonus.

There will be rarer versions of cards for similar effects, like

same effect except stronger

Special A class cards, can only be obtained from Trading, side quests, etc.

ex:

allows use of skill "ESCAPE" in battle.

or

Special Relationship Variable with a paticular character +2 (in this case it would be Miho, but I'm not telling for any others like this, gotta figure that out on your own, lol)

Next, heres some basic Databasing:

RANGED ATK+

INT +

ATK +

Special: Allows use of "ESCAPE" in battle

Special: Bonus Relationship Status With paticular girl + (Hint, the personalities of the card characters releft the females themselves)

Anyways, more to come, this is jsut the baisics for the A class ones remeber, the rest of the classes are only used for Tradding, gathering and the like. So like maybe a character will trade a

for 1 Alucards 2 Gons and a Naimi

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
That sounds like a neat system  ;D

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Lol, Orkimide's & Ahruon's cards seem to be very popular these days.

Rep:
Level 87
Thanks guys.

and yeah, Ahruon and Orkimides are really good. I saw their vid for the fighter game their making, man, looks awesome @_@

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
CARDS stand for Celestias Amoris Rememor De somnium

translated it means The Goddess of Dreams Remembers the Love of Heaven

This looks like a really cool feature, so I'd hate to screw up the acronym, but "meminit" is "he/she/it remembers."
"Rememor" means "remedy/medicine."  :-\

I really liked the intro movie.

Rep:
Level 87
nah, changed that, besides, I tottally winged that first translation XD

I jsut pieced together what I could with my latin I lessions :P

besides, I can just write it off as Katin language, XD

now their jsut going to be Camoredes (Ka More Tis) shorter and sweater, lol

Rep:
Level 87
Horray for fan service!!! xD

We now tune in for a special programing of tonights show, MingTV, featuring, the cast of CELESTIAS FERRUM!!!!!

*Clap clap clap*

<Ming>
Thank you everyone, welcome to the show.

<? ? ?>
I have a bad feeling about this....

<Ming>
well everyone please welcome the star of the show, Avion, up tonight?

*Clap clap clap*

<Avion>
Whats up everyone?

<Ming>
Good evening Avion, So tell us, what do you think about yourself?

<Avion>
I'm just TOO cool for school! *Quite literally, Avion was home schooled most of his life, and for the most part, learned everything, including magic, by himself*

<Ming>
Why do you say that?

<Avion>
Because I've a GENIUS thats why! XD I learned everything by myself! and look at me NOW!

<Fukai>
Oh yeah, good GOING genius, you left me and Razril too live in a frikkin shack!

<Ming>
Please wait your turn miss Fukai ~_~
Thank you Avion, lets move on. Miss Miho?

<Miho>
Huh? whats going on here?

<Ming>
Good evning Miho, so, tell us, what do you think about Avion?

<Miho>
Why do you ask? And who are you?

<Ming>

<Miho>
Did I say something wrong? D:

<Ming>
N-no....please...just answer the question...

<Miho>
Oh, um....well, Avion is sweet, he's a nice guy.

<Ming>
Why do you feel that way?

<Miho>
well 2 years ago, he saved my life. I was on a boat stowed away to Razril, and the pirates who owned the ship caught me D:

But thats when Avion came in and saved me *w*

He beat up all the baddies xD

<Avion>
Well thats not really how it went down...but okays.... *really just paid the pirates off, but he did threaten them with a stick*

<Ming>

Okays, then, lets move on, Sakuran?

....... *looks around*

Sakuran??

....... *See's sakuran*

....ugh....

<Sakuran>
Huh? WHAT DO YOU MEAN THERES NO FREE FOOD!!!

<Ming>
Miss Sakuran...please...calm down.

<Sakuran>
HEY! You lied to me! I only came here becuase you told me there'd be food!!!

<Ming>
I never said that to you......

<Novia>
Huh? I didn't' do anything.

<Son Lee>
Free...food?

<Ming>
Please, theres no free food here, just calm down everyone.

<Sakuran>
Oh jeeze, a young beautiful girl like me needs food to grow up healthy you know?

<Ming>
Yes yes, I'm very sorry miss Sakuran, but can you just answer the question?

<Sakuran>
What is it?

<Ming>
please tell the audience what you think of Avion.

<Sakuran>
Whats there to tell? He's mine, we've already made out the plans to get married.

<Avion>
Woa! W-w-wa-what?? I never made any plans about that!

<Sakuran>
What are you talking about? The first thing I remember was waking up with you next to me, You asked me to marry me right there remember?  *Avion was so tired from the night before of taking care of Sakuran all night, and having given Sakuran her bed, he slept by her side. When Sakuran opener her eyes for the first time, he was having a dream and in his sleep he whispered "Marry me"*

<Avion>
Wait what the hell? *Avion doesn't remember his dream, but Sakuran having lost all her memories before being taken in by Avion was born by that first accidental confession of love*

<Ming>
Um.....why don't we just move on, Miss Fukai?

oh not again....

<Fukai>
UGH! Those idiots! What the hell was I thinking even coming here! Gah, I hate that idiot! *She's referring to Avion, whome ever since his leaving of Razril, she has felt betrayed by his leave*

<Young>
Unbeleivable....Miss Fukai Ran off! Ugh, stupid idiot!

<Avion>
Wait, are you blaming ME for this???

<Young>
YES you worthless stupid imbecile. *Meet young, he's the knight's guild's private transfered Doctor*

<Avion>
!!!............ *Can't think of a come back*

<Ming>
I'm actually going to go on with this arn't I...?

<Novia>
Of course, my cute little sister's haven't gone yet, and of course, I still need to have some fun with my little bro there. *There is no blood relationship, Novia is just fucked up in the head* *oh, and btw, meet Novia, the bad guy*

<April>
Um...Maki? Why is that man staring at us funny?

<Maki>
hm...I wonder what I should get Young for Valentines day......

<Avion>
*still can't think of a comeback* What kindof doctor are you...?

<Young>
One with a gun damit, now hurry up and go find my lady Fukai.

<Fukai>
Their all idiots!!! UGH!! I should've never left Razril. *She's actaully known as the nicest angel in the world in Razril, she jsut can't stand Avion at all*

<? ? ?>
Persevere.... WAIT< WTF!!! WHy's my name still a frikkin ? ? ? D:<

<Ming>
Well....I don't really like your name right now....and your kindof important to the story......

<? ? ?>
I...hate...you...all...... *well anyways, meet Sou Hu*

<Frevella>
WAIT! This episode can't end yet! MAster was behind me in line and this is only my first line!!!

<Novia>
Now now Frevi, we just can't just always get what we want now can we?

<Son Lee>
I want....a meet bun....... *Btw, this is the queen of Xia, the largest country in Lilium, of course, she's in everyday cloths right now, so no one knows it's her xD SHHH!!! ^_~*

<Frevella>
Wait WHAT?? She was behind me too!!! Now she even gets a discription!!! You asshole Ming, I'll never work for you again!

<Ming>
I don't really want any more frames as it is....well, good night peoples......hope you stay tunned in for eps two, where we'll be asking a different question you guys can pick.

<Frevella>
Don't you DARE turn this thing off w/o introducing me!!!! *yes yes...meet Frevella, one of many...* I"M HIS BEST! *yes...Novia's best hench...* I"M NOT A FRIKKIN HENCHMEN!!!!

<Ming>
Well, we're all out of time today, tune in next time ^_^

<Frevella>
REMEBER MY NAME MORTALS!!! I AM THE LAW, I AM THE STRONGEST, I AM......

<Fin>

<Fukai>
They're all a bunch of idiots.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 03:39:37 PM by monkeydlu »

I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
LOL, I love this.

Good luck!!

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
Avion's glasses randomly flew off of his face. lol

Rep:
Level 87
he dosn't have glasses, just had them at the begging to make him look funny XD

anyways, I'mma go back to doing some real work now :P

any suggestions for the next time I get bored?

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Really funny stuff. oooh suggestions hmmm ask what everyone thinks of everyone or have someone teach us magic? :D

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
lol, the Randomness inspires me even more.  ;8 Specially Sakuran.

Miho <3

Rep:
Level 87
lol, thanks, anyways, the next tune in will have Emidy and SithLord in it as well, so the team can have some fun :P

also some special guests from contributors if I'm bored enough x.x

well, back to work >_>

no, like seriously, real work D: I'm not playing ro for tonight and I'm just going to get a shit load done XD.....I hope......

edit-

oh who the hell am I kidding @_@

I havn't gotten SHIT done after last wensday.....*sigh* I'mma die D:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 03:40:15 AM by monkeydlu »

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Why do I get the feeling it would be a lot more better than this one.

Thou back to topic, you do have to work on it =X How much % is it in?

Rep:
Level 87
well...due to the fact that my eyes have opened to the unbeleivable level of crappy ness of the game, and with the help of the new system as well as some new features and interface, I've gone from about a week ago where I was at about 40% to now, which is about 15% Covering both features as well as story progression. Becuase of the leap in upgrading, the presentable story progression has decreased signifigantly, but I'm slowly...well, I'll start soon, regaing that part.

so....yeah.....*sigh* maybe I'll just get bored and make fun of my characters a bit more. ~_~

« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 05:04:40 AM by monkeydlu »

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
40% is a good number >.>;;
Thou from what you said of Crappyness, makes me think that there's a lot of Grammar editing >__>;;

Rep:
Level 87
Nah, it was mostly graphical upgrades, the cg usage improved alot, as well as the use of the message system, cinimatics, changed dailoge, new scripts, new dialoge from emidy, and emidy changing my mood and I don't know how to deal with the opening still @_@

I'll figure out a way...hopefully.

anyways, please please please, will someone give me some feed back on this?

I was so lazy to work on rmxp today, and being home alone, I decided to go fool around on my piano. For some strange reason, I decided that I should compose the theme, like over all, anime opening, blah blah balh, a little theme. I thought around, and I suddenly membered this song a friend of mine wrote for me before I left china last time.

anyways, as I started to remember the song, I thought it was really perfect.

anyways, I decided to try and recreate it, theres alot of changed, but the main tune is still there.

please check it out and tell me how you feel, it's a duet XD

I'mma change it to a single person song for my game most likely though, as it'll be trouble making it a duet.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4m9bztwdyhm

I know I'm not the best with piana, if I were, I could've added cords, but I'm only mediocre

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
 :=: lol, not much to say, but it fits perfectly for sorta like a quiet scene or so, dinner >.>;; I am not good to comment on music, sorry >__<;;

Rep:
Level 87
nah, it'sk.

It's supposed to be a romantic tune to relate to the fact that the game is focused around love for a good part. But the theme with good cords and beats can be used for alot, I played around with it and it does make a cool fast happy theme.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
I was thinkig about that for a moment.

=X it fits the more serious Romantic parts . . . but could use a bit of a more fixing, dunno what, feels something missing >__>;;

Rep:
Level 87
back ground music of course, lol.

well, idk, I might fix up the tune a bit, but I'm pretty much set on this. Now I've just gotta find myself a composer and make the BG and set it all up :P

Rep:
Level 87
Lets see....yes yes. News here, I'm looking for 2 lay people to test out my game for now.

Just some really early testing. I'd like to see how well it is from a consumer point of view, anyways, looking for one male and one female tester, the testing will begin this friday or saturday.

Qualifications? well, theres really not that many. Just make sure I don't hate your, your nor a overly annoying pest, and you've played at least a fair amount of RMXP games before. I'd really at least prefer some RMXP game playing experience, not looking for game making skills, just would like to know that you know what your talking about.

Again, one male and one female tester, thankies ^_^

Also, I'd like to give a over due special thanks to Caro, Thanks for the awesome sprite, I'm putting it into use now and it really looks a whole lot better, loving it XD

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Also, I'd like to give a over due special thanks to Caro, Thanks for the awesome sprite, I'm putting it into use now and it really looks a whole lot better, loving it XD
x3 lol, I just got the itch when I saw the CGs of him in Miho's Lap.

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
*credited* wooo

I would offer gladly enough, but the closest to xp gaming experience I have is testing Final-Knight's battle system.  I use 2k3....

I like the CARDS idea; I wanted to make a somethin' like that, but more like from ffviii or ffix; a battle-able thing as well; but I have no idea how to, so that might just get scrapped....

Rep:
Level 87
okies, I'll sign you up then XD

Testing should go on at friday as planned. I think. If not, sunday at latest anyways. This is basically jsut like a test run, I wanna see what kindof effect the game will have on people basically.

Also, HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 04:24:29 AM by monkeydlu »

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
lol, new Signature, thou little big =X

Can't wait for this to come up updated x3

Rep:
Level 87
Just posting to say I've updated the website, for the better I hope anyways XD

and YAY FOR FRIDAYS!!!!

finally, jeeze, anyways, time to start working XD

Rep:
Level 87
Sorry about that Brady. I decided to use some other people instead.

but the good news, the test was a success. Thanks to Myun and Pyro, both of whom has absolutely no frikkin idea what RMXP even is other than the fact I use it, lol. I decided to just use completely lay people since the opportunity arose.

anyways, they liked it, lol. Idk, guess the test is a fail as well as a sucess. For one, it accomplished absolutely nothing. But on the good side, it let me feel accomplished and gave me an idea of how the general game lover might like the game as well.

"Lol, wow, thats pretty amazing. The intro skit was cool, and well, it's great!" ~Pyro

"OMG Ming! Thats great! Looks like you put alot of work into it!" ~Myun

pointless pointless, lol

The demo they played was approximately 25mins long.

Now then, gotta form a little list of things to do next.

1.) Finish Avion's Battler sprite sheet.
2.) Implement Junction Skill System.
3.) Complete C.A.R.D.S. system (15% working atm? lol)
4.) Over haul the dialog of cut scenes not yet to have been done so, with Emidy's scripts.
5.) Start the next major events.
6.) Get new maps from Sithlord and start implementing them.
7.) Just keep working on the next major events.

right now, I'm on #1, after I finish, I'll probably just move down the list. So as you can see, no actual game length progress is being made atm, though, there really was very little to begin with.....

Rep:
Level 87
OOOoookaaayyy, so, right now I'm doing some serious re organizing, cleaning up all the databasing and the like, I've finished most of it, now I'm just going to over hual all the icons. I've decided to simply go with using completly Ragnarok Icons, just cuz.

Just gotta stop being lazy and renname all the icon filles, and then sort them all out.

Anyways, I've also started developing the knight's guild, making all the npc's, a library, a scroll check out system.

The cards system is looking good, I plan on having it included for the chapter one release, but I don't know weather or not I'll be introducing the equip feature, as I really wanted that to come along at the begging of chapter two, as I already have the scene in my head. Anyways, theres only like one boss in chapter one, so you don't really get much change to get a A class card anyways.

Lets see..what else....ah, yes, I'm thinking about re-releasing the opening movie. It's changed a hell of alot thanks to the help and advice of Emidy, so yeah, I might post that up, can't say for sure as I do want to hold it to a degree....

anyways, yup, working on it. Hopefully, this'll come out before summer.

Rep:
Level 87
Yay! CF is now an official partner of Legend of Harpine!!!

lol, check it out, Chance is also getting employed as a lable under them as well, so me and Sithlord are going to be commisioned Spriter and Mapper for them XD

now then, onto update

I've set up the C.A.R.D.S. system, and I'll probably be done with the finishing touches over the weekend. Maybe I'll post up a demo, dun know yet. Can't be sure :P

Anyways, I've got my hands pretty full at the moment, lots of spriting jobs from the new commision, gotta still finish that battler, and I've started making the NPCs for the Knight's guild. After that is the next cut scene events.

Databasing went REALLY well, all thats left is applying new icons XD

that'll take a while...anyways, yup, very very busy :P

Rep:
Level 87
good news indeed, the C.A.R.D.S. system is now up and running smoothly without a problem.

I've implemented 3 equiptable A class cards so far. 198: ChocoBo [Enables Skill Escape] 698: White Mage [Eables skill Cure] and 307: Rock Lee [STR+ 10]

The card and compactor system will work through way of a Fusion Card. To unequip that card from the compactor you then need to use a separation card. I need to think of better names, yeah yeah.

anyways, at least it's working now.

the system will be brought up in the story line after about 1.5 hours though, as I don't want to rush into it. The rich girl you save will notice the C.A.R.D.S. you have from the monsters you've already killed, and then will go on and give you one of her spare Compactors as well as give you a tutorial on C.A.R.D.S. so this will be on the boat ride a little into chapter two.

now then, a little rant:

I HATE DATABASING >_<

OMG!!!! I've been working like 3 hours now, and I still have like 5 hours of work left in front of me!!! I'll be doing this all day!!!

now then, some more good news.

I've finished all the npc's for Razril, thats 13 new npc's, polished up everything and so the whole town is up and running and working with no problems. So now eventing wise, all I have to do now is continue with the cutscene eventing, but I should probably finish spring cleaning with all the databasing first >_<

Till next time, also, I'm hoping to have another closed testing. I also had rose test it out two days ago, to quote  "Your killing me here, thats the end? D:" and also she said that if Nintendo released it she'd buy it, a joke I think, lol, oh well.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
 ::) lol, Databasing is something I regulary don't touch. just leave for someone who likes writing a lot.

:-X Expected to keep an Eye on this.

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
Databasing... I Lol'ed at your unused resources. I guess that what makes the game so big!

Oh yeah.. bout the eventing, you know, if you're doing what I suggested, your work will be clean enough to relax you.
I'm worried here. I mean... you used too many switches and maps just for one event! And you still got more events to do, there might not enough map until the game finished, remember the limit.

I know that re-done the events and change the switches to variables are a silly thing, but at least you can start using variable instead of switch for the next event.  Hope you're doing well and sorry if I'm not around when you needed me, I'll try to get online as I have free time.

Rep:
Level 87
yeah, I'm working on that XD

The switches I don't have a problem with as I never bothered to keep them organized and now that I have 200+ switches, of which I think only like 130 is used, I don't feel like cleaning all of that @_@ besides, it works, and switchs are unlimited XD as well as that they don't lag anything, so no biggie :P

Variables makes me more stressed anyways >_<

but yeah, the unused reasources are pretty much all cleaned up :D Like, seriously, I completly reorganized the charactersets folder, from 9.8mb to 2.6mb :D!!!!

So now that I cleaned out about 12 mb of random stuff, plus an additional 6mb taking out that huge space taking ending credits song, which no one really liked so I'm going to change, thats a total of 18mb!!! lol, it was about 32mb :D

BUUUt, I decided that I dequalitied Mac's animations to much, so now I'm using original Bit Map animations, which on one hand looks friking SWEET, but yeah....just having like a few ones, the used ones, it took up like 14mb >_<

I might compress them a bit, but not too much, I like the amazing quality @_@

Rep:
Level 87
BAM!!! I bet that caught you off guard XD

well, anyways, I've decided to change my plan of 5 chapters into 10. So yup, here you go, chapter one of CF

Please report any errors you may find, and enjoy XD try it, I promise you won't be disappointed.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wgilnojqw05

Hints:
Spoiler for:
SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!

Chest guide:

1.) After getting dressed, check the drawer again.
2.) Out side Avion's house, check the chest in the middle of the map behind some trees, also check the boat on the shore.
3.) In the forest of sleep, theres a chest in the middle of the first map.
4.) Theres 3 chests on the second map fo the forest, be sure to get the one in the bottom right corner, very important chest, hard to find.
5.) theres 2 more chests on the next map.
6.) theres 2 chests in the basement of the ship in middle port.

also, stock up on bannanas from the food sack in your house before going out.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008, 02:05:09 AM by monkeydlu »

Rep:
Level 97

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Finally!

<3

*DN*

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
zomg omg! -downloading now- !!!!

Rep:
Level 87
Oh...my...god. All I can say to describe it so far is beautiful and amazing! *Likes the music and other stuffs*

Keep up the good work! I got inspired so I left the game early... XD

Rep:
Level 87
D: You left the game early??? lol, theres only like 40min of gameplay :P

and to anyone who's played, please leave some feedback. I'd like to know what people feel about it. I'm going to release this with a final version in a week or two so please report any error you find, big or small. thanks.

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I got inspired so I left the game early... XD
Lol, looks like you need to make it less inspiring, monkey.

Anyhow, I played some of it so far. And so far, I like what I'm seeing. :) The character portraits and etc. are well utilized, and actually felt more natural than what I expected. Kudos on that. (Although I can't help but get the feeling that I'm playing a sim date game or something, hah.) Overall, nice work, it's quite evident that a lot of work has been put to it.

As for criticisms; the intro was just a bit too slow in my opinion - possibly partly due to the amount of "... ... ..."s in dialogues. There were also some parts where the white text was on a white background, which was hard to read. The mapping was okay for the most part I think, but slightly bland at parts. I'd recommend making the splash screens with the logos before the title screen skippable, by the way - after a couple of loads, it gets in the way. D:

None the less, great work! And kudos on the nice music selection external graphic utilization and system compilations. Keep it up!

Rep:
Level 87
yup, it's supposed to have the feel of a sim date :P

The natrual flow is thanks to Emidy for helping me out with the character dialog XD

I love the mapping as far as I'm concerned, mine was terrible compared to Seth's XD

and why does everyone play half way through >_< It takes about 25 mins all the way through to credits if you just do the major events, lol. Oh well, I guess thats a good thing? :P

Rep:
Level 91
Alright, my turn.

It didn't take a single hit of the enter key to piss me off, three or four splash screens in a row assured I'd be reluctant to load the game. Afterwards, the grammar and spelling problems were still present. It's a pretty big deal to me. I agree with Reives about the intro.

Mapping was also horrible. Worst world map I've ever seen.

That said, you did a decent job with the pictures, music selection was good. I also saw a person named "Falcon" near the Knight Guild place, is that supposed to be a cameo or something, and if so, are there more members around?

I suggest you put future chapters into a closed beta and fix all of the text issues before it is released.

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
This surprised me too, Falcon. He just released the demo without even talked to us, the members first. =o
We are supposed to be the first persons to receive the demo and have him know the errors then fixed them together,
but oh well … and I didn’t do much, Ming-kun.

I fixed what you asked me to fix and I’m pretty sure that I have checked my grammars. It’s just that you edited them to your words and forgot to spell check them. Although I have already suggested you to ask some grammar men that laying around the forums like Brady to check them (seriously, I even gave him some grammar tips that I found on my old books because I’m worried). >_>

The splash screens sure takes a long of time to load. Since you have raised the difficulties of the battle, there’ll be some possibilities that the players got knocked out and game over. It’ll be a pain in the ArSheS if we have to wait for a long loading time. This will lead us to boredom, and stop the game halfway.

However the game looks great, indeed. Though I’m not really a music person but I do enjoy the music. =)
Falcon and Reives recommended great tips, you should listen to them.

Rep:
Level 87
So I'm still currently playing the game right now, and just as the others said, work on the grammar, add the option to skip the splash screens or at least a button to speed them up.

I'm not sure if it is intentional, and I don't know if you knew about this one yet.

Spoiler for:
But it doesn't tell you if you obtained new cards after a battle, so a player really doesn't know what card they obtained without having to go check in the menu after every battle.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
I am guessing the BGM where at 100% high =X was a bit noisy, but other than that, the choices are good =3

Worst world map I've ever seen.
Falco's words couldn't said it better.
Thou overal, some of them look fine, while others make me felt going ballistic >__<;;

As Falco said, you got to work on fixing that grammar >__>;; even the title when I opened for some reason was spelled wrongly to Cealestia Ferrum? >.>;;;

I like the character's personality & the feeling of a sim dating system, the Saving scene looked pretty lively too, CARDS is a bit hard for me, but yet, I find it entertain, thou as Redwyn said, should make something about telling when one gets a new card after each round or if that was intentionally

~ Caro Ru Lushe

~ Caro Ru Lushe

Rep:
Level 87
hm...well, to me, technically, this is kindof a beta test.

I've only released this on 3 of the more lively forums, note that I didn't even say anything on this on my site :P

Thanks for the imput, the mapping, really? The world map, pick at it all you want, I forgot to mention that it was temporary and made by me, so sorry about that, but if you say bad mapping, are you also saying the other maps are bad? I mean, I know the world map was kindof crap, but the Razril maps were amazing. So was the knights guild interior. Idk, I apprechiat Sithlord's mapping alot and I personally will dissagree with you on that part, he can defend himself though.

The splash screens... well, I have no plans at all on making them skipable. I plan on making the anime intro skipable, but thats it. Reason being is just cuz you don't see many rpgs with the splash screens skipable. Theres a reason they make you wait, pride I guess, but yeah, I'm not going to let it be skipable. Bear with it I guess, turn away if you don't feel like waiting a few seconds, thats jsut waaaaay too impaitient. lol, if I did that, I'd never plan any of the rpgs I enjoy, ToA and Luminous Arc atm :P

The intro... well, tell the truth, I was atually feeling insecure before putting this up becuase I felt that the intro was paced to fast X.X I guess it's just a personal taste issue, or maybe it's just be, but I really enjoy watching movies at the begging of a good rpg. I really hate just being thrown into game play. But I'll consider it more if enough complaints are made.

Grammer, please report any that you find. If you see any, take a quick little memo and post it, I'm sorry for the trouble but I really am not the best at it. equestion though, is it seriously THAT big a problem? Me playing through it like, what, at least hundred times now never really had much problems with it. Maybe it's just me, but I notice absolutly nothing. I've had a few grammer people help me before, and the problems they pick out is ridiculous. Maybe it's becuase I'm from the south, but seriously, the way they suggest to have my characters talk sometimes....it feels just unatrual.

just once more beuase it really bugs me. Can you guys tell me which maps suck so I can feel bad by myself? I don't get it, I find them better than alot of stuff I see, Falcon and Caro are the first two to ever say anything on them >_<

Also-

sorry to the team, I had a brain cramp >_< idk why I had this release but all I can say, as stupid as it is, I really felt like doing it. Forgive me please x.x I'll send you the final version before I put it up, hopefully I'll finish the opening soon as I've already put together the materials and music selection. I'm trying to design a CF title logo though. Thinking about asking commisions or something on DA but dun know yet, trying at the atempt myself, not working out the best x.x

edit-

forgot about this CARDS thing. It was intentional, but I'll put it in I guess. No big problem.

Also, I'm moving atm, and so internet is cut off from my old apt. I'm over at my new house right now, on my mom's labtop as well, but the point is, internet might be hard for me for 2 days or so, so yeah....lol dun know. Shouldn't be a huge deal though :P

edit2-

forgot about the cameo deal, sorry Falcon >_< Every name in the city is a cameo of someone I know from real life, since theres so many names there to go around, I havn't moved on to using internet names yet. Cept for a few like Maria or Lenzo, all of the names are people I know irl, personality are off for most of them, a fe are the same when I felt like it though. I'll move on to Internet names once I run out, lol. Oh, but the ship name Tigurus is named after Tigurus of Phanx, lol
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 03:10:30 AM by monkeydlu »

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Well i find the game could and what they said pretty much cover everything. I find most of the controls when walking around, fun to do.

Spoiler for grammar errors:
These are from memory (it's been 2 hours or so since i played so i can't be exact).
The ones i remember the most are with Miho up into the part where you fight the hound. I think a "What" is missing. The most grammar problems i see are natural. You just forgot a word or two for the most i've seen.

Also yeah, is Avion's battle character set not done? Because i think i saw a lancer/monk attack, when i used "Attack".
Also for the splash you could actually speed it up, just a bit? Not to mean or anything but they do move slow.

Other then those from what i've seen, everything is great. I had fun for the bit i played. I only quit because I had to finish studying geometry and spanish.

Rep:
Level 91
hm...well, to me, technically, this is kindof a beta test.

You shouldn't release beta tests openly, unless they're good. My first impression of this project was not good.

Thanks for the imput, the mapping, really? The world map, pick at it all you want, I forgot to mention that it was temporary and made by me, so sorry about that, but if you say bad mapping, are you also saying the other maps are bad? I mean, I know the world map was kindof crap, but the Razril maps were amazing. So was the knights guild interior. Idk, I apprechiat Sithlord's mapping alot and I personally will dissagree with you on that part, he can defend himself though.

The maps by sithlord were good, but the game's mapping sucked. You can't have the most important map in the game be crap, and expect people to praise your game's maps. The only thing worse then poor mapping in my opinion, is mapping which is inconsistent.

The splash screens... well, I have no plans at all on making them skipable. I plan on making the anime intro skipable, but thats it. Reason being is just cuz you don't see many rpgs with the splash screens skipable. Theres a reason they make you wait, pride I guess, but yeah, I'm not going to let it be skipable. Bear with it I guess, turn away if you don't feel like waiting a few seconds, thats jsut waaaaay too impaitient. lol, if I did that, I'd never plan any of the rpgs I enjoy, ToA and Luminous Arc atm :P

Perhaps you missed the part where Nearly everyone wants to skip the splash screens. It's fucking annyoing, you should listen to what people say. And most commercial games don't have three or more splash screens. It's not a 'few seconds' it's about 35 to start the game. And we can't run RMXP in the background. Maybe put them at the begging of a new game.

The intro... well, tell the truth, I was atually feeling insecure before putting this up becuase I felt that the intro was paced to fast X.X I guess it's just a personal taste issue, or maybe it's just be, but I really enjoy watching movies at the begging of a good rpg. I really hate just being thrown into game play. But I'll consider it more if enough complaints are made.

Reives was right, it was a bit to slow, no need to have all the "..." He's a great storyteller, listen to him ;)

Grammer, please report any that you find. If you see any, take a quick little memo and post it, I'm sorry for the trouble but I really am not the best at it. equestion though, is it seriously THAT big a problem? Me playing through it like, what, at least hundred times now never really had much problems with it. Maybe it's just me, but I notice absolutly nothing. I've had a few grammer people help me before, and the problems they pick out is ridiculous. Maybe it's becuase I'm from the south, but seriously, the way they suggest to have my characters talk sometimes....it feels just unatrual.

That's why you should have released a closed beta test, have people find all your grammar errors, fix them, then release it. Shouldn't take more than a week.

South kicks ass. DO NOT APOLOGISE FROM BEING FROM THE SOUTH. But seriously, it is a problem. When I hear someone talk with bad grammar, I kind of imagine they're four year olds (and all the female graphics already look like they're younger than 8 )

just once more beuase it really bugs me. Can you guys tell me which maps suck so I can feel bad by myself? I don't get it, I find them better than alot of stuff I see, Falcon and Caro are the first two to ever say anything on them >_<

WORLD MAP WORLD MAP WORLD MAP WORLD MAP WORLD MAP Honestly, I know the tileset can take a while to understand, but it is without a doubt the worst one I've ever seen. I'd also suggest "shrinking" the player a bit.

Rep:
Level 87
alright, well I already said the world map is temporary and I know it's crap, so w/e and I'm guessing your refering to the world map as the most important?

um...I'm still not going to make the splash screens skipable. I'll pace them up a bit, but no skipping. Yeah, I'm stubborn, don't care much.

I'll think about pacing up the intro, but the grammer I'm working on finidng someone. ok, school computor, gotta go.

Rep:
Level 87
The one who shot the sheriff AND the deputy!
Project of the Month winner for May 2008Project of the Month winner for June 2008
Haha. So you shortened the chapters eh? I knew you were planning on releasing a CH1 demo, but I had no idea you were going to do that.  :D I haven't had time to DL it yet, but I'm going to right now.  :lol:
I SUPPORT:

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Just a clarification regarding the splash screens: It was a nice touch the first time it ran, and had somewhat of a professional feel attached to it, but it was the times after the player's already seen it where it really gets in the way. A possible solution is to do some simple script work by checking whether a save file exists, and only allow skipping the splashes if there's a save file already - a.k.a. player's seen it once from the beginning. This should get the benefit of both sides. :)

Edit:
Okay, add something like this:

Code: [Select]
    for i in 0..3
      if FileTest.exist?("Save#{i+1}.rxdata")
        @save_exists = true
      end
    end

if @save_exists
      $game_switches[CHECKER SWITCH ID HERE] = 1
    end

In your main method after calling the title screen. And then event conditional branch that only allows skipping if that switch is turned on. That code might need some corrections, though.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 07:12:44 PM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 91
um...I'm still not going to make the splash screens skipable. I'll pace them up a bit, but no skipping. Yeah, I'm stubborn, don't care much.

Well, if you won't listen to us, then we're wasting our time posting in this topic.

Rep:
Level 87
Thanks reives XD thats much more helpful. I'll probably use that then.

also, Falcon, not listing to one opinion of others is not ignoring them. I've accepted all of your crits nicely and considered all of them, and after considering about the skipable spalsh screen, I just CHOOSE not to make it so. I care about what others think, thats why I agreed to speed it up, thats why I'm rethinking about the intro, thats why I've changed the cards drop so you see what you get. If you beleive your wasting your time simply becuase I'm not taking one peice of your advice, your just too controling.

You have your opinions, I want to hear them, but I won't agree with every single one of yours, becuase quite simply, your not the one making the game. I feel that splash screens shouldn't be skipped becuase personally thats just my sign of pride, you saying "You should do it becuase we're telling you so" Isn't helpful. The masses are correcnt becuase they are the masses, but I still have my opinions. I'll use Reive's suggestion becuase it sounds good to me

on another note, I will agree with you that the south kicks ass, I mean, I live in the place that gave birth to Popeyes XD so if not that, it might be becuase I've only known english for 6 years. I don't like using second language as a excuse but it's probably true.

Rep:
Level 91
also, Falcon, not listing to one opinion of others is not ignoring them. I've accepted all of your crits nicely and considered all of them, and after considering about the skipable spalsh screen, I just CHOOSE not to make it so. I care about what others think, thats why I agreed to speed it up, thats why I'm rethinking about the intro, thats why I've changed the cards drop so you see what you get. If you beleive your wasting your time simply becuase I'm not taking one peice of your advice, your just too controling.

You have your opinions, I want to hear them, but I won't agree with every single one of yours, becuase quite simply, your not the one making the game. I feel that splash screens shouldn't be skipped becuase personally thats just my sign of pride, you saying "You should do it becuase we're telling you so" Isn't helpful. The masses are correcnt becuase they are the masses, but I still have my opinions. I'll use Reive's suggestion becuase it sounds good to me

You've clearly missed something. I'm not flaming you for ignoring one of my opinions. Three people have brought up this issue. It's a freaking pain in the ass to watch, we can't get around them. If you won't listen to an issue that about half the people have brought up, then it's clearly a waste of time posting here. Now, if you plan to shorten this to say, less than 10 seconds, then I wouldn't have a problem with it, but I don't see that happening. Not to mention, you specifically said '[ I ] don't care much' in your sentence, that seems to imply you don't give a fuck what we think.

on another note, I will agree with you that the south kicks ass, I mean, I live in the place that gave birth to Popeyes XD so if not that, it might be becuase I've only known english for 6 years. I don't like using second language as a excuse but it's probably true.
I hope I'm not comming across as a bastard to people who use second languages, I really don't expect anyone to have perfect spelling and grammar, we all need a grammar/spelling check.

Rep:
Level 87
I already said I would speed them up x.x

When I said I don't care much it was becuase well, the bell rang and I needed to go the library for class and that I don't care if people think I'm stubborn.

I'll try Reive's idea once I get home to my desktop, can't work while I'm at the new house. >_< probably won't be able to work all weekend actually... x.x

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
Oh both of you… don’t start the world war III here….  ;__;
Flaco, leave the brainwashing to me, okay?

As for you Ming-kun, Is it really hard to say “Thanks for the feedback” ?

You won’t solve the problem by making excuses. When people gave you critique, don’t take that as an insult. There’s no need to defend yourself, it’s for your own good, seriously. They replied because they care, if not, they won’t bother to reply, so don’t think they hate you. Another thing that you have to remember, you make the game for everyone, not for yourself. It wasn’t wise that you disregarded what people said to you or even worse, turned them down with excuses.

I guess this leaves me no choice… Ming-kun, ask someone else to fix the grammars, then I’ll do the re-check. I will make them as natural as possible so you don’t have to worry. Hopefully, Seth-kun can help me if he’s not too busy. You just need to concentrate on the chapters, and fix the errors.

I think this gave you a good lesson for being impatient, Ming-kun. I’m not blaming you or anything, really, and so the people here. They’re nice enough to give you advices and critiques, and don’t hate Flaco, he’s just so honest. =)
Be thankful that he’s not a person who would say an obvious lie like, “OMG! my nose was bleeding after seeing those girls! The game was so awesome like a blessing from heaven blah…blah…”. XP

Now, tell me that you understand. That's not a hard thing, right? =)

Rep:
Level 87
now I'm just confused......

I expected feedback like Falcon's, it's much more helpful in many ways than just compliments. But like I said, I just personally like splash screens D:

The best of both worlds idea by Reives I'll see if I can get working, but I'm not taking anything as insults... I like feed back with thought behind them, they keep the topic alive and interesting. I was defensive cuz he said I was wasting their times by completely ignoring them, I wasn't, I just wanted to keep my splash screens... x.x I understand how I'm making the game for everyone else as well, but I'm the one making it as well. I'm not going to cave in to some things just simply cuz, well, no real reason, I want my splash screens >_<

I've already sped them up a bit, it's like 5 seconds now. I might just make a new title screen all together though.

edit-

btw, I'm now almost moved into the new house, so I might be able to start working tomorrow. My desk got broken today when we were trying to move it down the stairs so basically just had to abandon it, and pretty much everything except a few bags of cloths are still in the U-Haul truck, but maybe, soon I hope.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 05:58:57 AM by monkeydlu »

Rep:
Level 91
If you like splash screens, that's fine, but I'd bet money at least half the people who play the game hate splash screens. Hell, I personally stopped playing your demo because I refused to wait 35 seconds to just load it. But I doubt other people hate wasting time as much as me.

Hope the move goes well.

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
I know how important those sponsors to you, well.. at least you're going to speed them up. Just one thing though, don't say things like "I don't care what people said.." or so... people might think whatever they said to you were pointless.

Oh well... let the wind blows and be forgotten. >_>

Good luck in the new house, the most exciting part of moving to a new house that we have a chance to choose a room! Like, "I want the biggest room for myself!". But unfortunately soon you will realize that the room you have chosen was hot in the summer and extremely cold in the winter. ^___^

Rep:
Level 87
none of them are really sponsers...phanx is phantom's, who's just a really good friend of mine...and the rest just really look cool x.x

other than that, I'm having a pretty shitty weekend. Might be the worst so far, irl stuff. The moving is such a pain, still a mess, that and my love life or now lack there of is killing me... which is understandable I guess, I'm only 15, so my friend is right, getting over it...kindof...and tomorrow is back to school and my grades are at a all time low for me right now. 4 B's and 2 A's, ugh, havn't had more than 2 B's in forever. My parents are going to kill me once they find out. Dam why'd I have to be Asian....

anyways, w/e, I'm going to remake the title screen, I want to imitate the Tales Of series titles. I'll make the spalsh screens only 5 seconds and the anime opening will be skipable. btw, the opening song is Merry Go Around, um...my desk top isn't set up right now as my desk broke during the moving process so I'm going to have to wait for one.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
& I am hoping for the new demo then.

*Awaits*

~ Caro Ru Lushe

Rep:
Level 87
hm......

ok, so my new desk has been ordered, but things are too hectic at the moment to set up my desktop.....AHHHH

damit, it's been way to long since I was able to use my computer....all my stuff....like, almost 4 days now x.x

idk, I can actually work now as I have rmxp installed on my mom's computer, but I'm just to lazy to get my stuff off my desk top. takes a while to set up....I should've backed it up before moving...stupid me.

ah well, it's too boring without my own computer, in the mean time, I'm just playing Tales of the Abyss. I still haven't finished it after like 9 months of owning it.

on a few other notes, I got a tooth in the back, not the wisdom, which was seriously rotting finally pulled, feels great now that the pain is gone. My grades are solidifying more and more and I'm just in a downward spiral and I must burn that progress report. I've found a artist to commission for a set of 4 chibis to use in my game, I'm thinking about hiring someone to make me a logo and I probably will, I finally have room now! Well, thats that. Till I have my computer up and running again I guess.

oh, and to end this, I'mma post fan art made by myself cuz Seth doesn't want me to post his :P (I actually would since they're actually pretty good and as everyone knows, no means yes, just that I don't have them as their on the desk top x.x)

Rep:
Level 87
Project of the Month winner for May 2008Project of the Month winner for June 2008
NO! No means no.  >:( Haha. And they're not good...they're awful... :-\ Do everyone a favor and keep them to yourself.  ;) XD Yours is about infinity times better mine...
I SUPPORT:

Rep:
Level 87
lol, but when I draw it it dosn't count as Fan Art XD

now then....it's a happy happy day!!! :D

Well, it's actually a sad day, but who cares ^__^

Right now I'm typing this from MY DESKTOP!!!! THAts right! The new desk is fixed and my computor is set up!!!

Alright, I'll send the fixed uncrypted versions this sunday at latest, and I'll update the demo fixing all of the spelling mistakes and features.

Tommorow after all the fixing is done, it'll be time to start on that anime intro! Finally, always saying I'm going to do it but not being able to made me feel like such a noob x.x

lets see....yup, my room is now done and it's looking great :D I just put up all my center folds, and this time I actually made them organized putted on.

Bad news it's exam week since today, had Geometry today, hope i did good.... *sigh*

School is so sad for me... oh well, I guess....I'll do better eventually?

eh, w/e, thats all for now. Also, special thanks for JimmyLy! (Jimvi Ly, the creator of "Tales of Faith" support bar in my siggy) For helping me very very much on testing, he was very helpful and even gave me screenshoots of all the errors XD And let me say, there were a load of them @_@

I am dushbag
Rep:
Level 86
Looks good in every aspect so far ill play the demo and rate it I guess

Rep:
Level 87

tell me how you like it, and don't worry about grammar, I've got them all here, lol. report anything else though plz ^_^

Rep:
Level 87
W00T!!! The main site for my game is now also www.celestiasferrum.tk!!! XD

I have no idea wth TK means, and I don't really like that thing at the top, but my friend set it for me, pretty neat XD

Rep:
Level 87
And to celebrate my first real day back to work, since yesterday was spent mostly cleaning the house again and then the later portion of the day I spent at the barns & Nobles reading manga XD havn't done that in a while actually, anyways, a new AVI! XD

along with the chibi cast of the four major characters of CF XD *Planning on making the secondary characters as well*

Two more sets to go ^__^ (Young, April, & the maids, Alex & Rachel) (Noiva, Frevella, Akane, Son Lee, Maki)

edit, also, the official site for Chance is now up, at least in the sense you can visit it :P

the one who made it completly from scratch, Phantom (Owner of phanx) is too busy right now to finish it x.x so I'm just putting it up so everyone can see how pretty it is *w*
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 07:58:35 PM by monkeydlu »

I am dushbag
Rep:
Level 86
alright, well I already said the world map is temporary and I know it's crap, so w/e and I'm guessing your refering to the world map as the most important?

I'll think about pacing up the intro, but the grammer I'm working on finidng someone. ok, school computor, gotta go.

You can use the school comps for this forum? Heck they blocked filtered this forum out for:pornography,vulgar language, and dating social
LOL anyways.Im lost on were to download the demo. looks great so far anyways.

Rep:
Level 87
oh, sorry, I think it's on the 6th page or something, here you go though, I don't feel like putting it on the first post as I'm only trying to target people who might give feedback.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wgilnojqw05

edit-

just noticed I got a -rep D: Whys? I didn't do anything... >_< D;
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 10:41:38 PM by monkeydlu »

I am dushbag
Rep:
Level 86
maybe one of the mods are mad at you for your grammar lol.
oh well its just one -rep look at mine its worser.

And thanks btw.

Rep:
Level 87
YAY!!! It's FINALLY SPRING BREAK!!!!

well, it's technically easter holidays, but wutevs.

anyways, some new features that I've already added into the final version. Realize these are only screenshots of features, and that I've not actaully finished all the design templates yet.

First, when monsters drop a card, it'll automatically be displayed in the middle of the screen for a brief time so you can know what you got, you can check in your inventory to see the card up close.

next, before when you lost the game would kick you off due to the fact the title screen is evented, so now I've decided to event a game over screen. If you choose to continue it'll go to the continue screen where you can load your save files, if you choose no, the game will just automatically shut down, but I'll link it to the new title screen once thats done.

The first battle which is scripted into the story line will be a tutorial battle, and the card you receive after it will be #198: Chocobo, which will allow you to use the skill "Escape", which gives about a 60% escape chance. You will automatically receive the compactor and the fusion card, don't worry

At the begging of a new game, there will be a short little skit where you will get to choose which card of fate was drawn. This does not affect the game's storyline in anyway, but you do get a little Chinese cookie proverb and a few different C.A.R.D.S. accessible depending on your choice.

ALOT ALOT of errors has been found and corrected, the biggest credit goes to JimmyLy, who gave me a full in depth report with screen shoots of every error, he even found some mapping errors no one knew about, Thanks bunched, and be sure to check out his project, "Tales of Faith"

also, list of things I need to do.

1.) Complete the anime intro
2.) Design a more better looking battle layout.
3.) Get a new world map.
4.) Finish Avion's battler sprite.
5.) Get a custom menu layout.
6.) Release the final version of CF chp 1

Rep:
Level 87
oh noes, double post >_>

Sorrys, but update!

finished eventing the new title screen, fully working now. The logo is missing, I know x.x but I've seeked out GladyFaith to help me design them. Commission of course, he's a great artist that needs more luv so visit his page XD (CLICK THE IMAGE TO VISIT HIM!!!)

and with that, I'm working out a new ending credits, I'm going to change the movie bars into fad in bars so it'll look coolor, only for the ending credits though. Other than that, I've selected the permanent songs for the the ending credits.

Rep:
Level 87
Alright, heres a preview of the animated opening, I pressed the space bar and skipped it at the end to show that it IS skippable, so don't worry, no long wait time.

Sorry about using my camera though, but if I used a desktop recorder it would've completely KILLED all the time I've poured into timing the whole thing.

Anyways, this isn't the final version, theres still alot of loose ends I need to clean up.

Realize please that the quality is much, much better when played on actually computer.

Alright, two other updates.

It fades! :tpg:

the back ground is moving upward the whole time in a all time continuum @_@ (well not really, if you leave it there for maybe a ahoru it'll go away, lol)

I can't script btw, so all of my systems are evented.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
& Now I am even more curious to know how to pull that off. was that a movie or actually made by event, 'cause My brain can't process that right now >__<;;

Rep:
Level 87
Would you like the uncrypted version? *Itches*

my god I spent so long on this I feel like I have to show it off >_>

it was all events though, lol, alot of math as well, my asianess didn't come through for me that well...I drew diagrams and used my calculator and it still was hell and took forever >_>

edit-

screeys becuase I HAVE to show off this super long ass event. My god I've learned to seriously apprechiat the length of 2 frames >_> Thats how much I adjust by each and every test....I've hit over 200 testings of it easily, and yes, I'm pretty sick of it right >_>

« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 12:07:34 AM by monkeydlu »

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
I would like to see an uncrypted to test around =X *scratches* but, I can imagine it'll be harder.

*@__@ A bit of experimenting with Variables & switches could help out a bit, but, from what I see here, I might have to see this to myself.*

Rep:
Level 87
lol, I'll send you one of the intro by itself once I'm done making it ^_~ (Or if I just call it a day.)

I didn't use any switches or variables though >_> It was all just alot alot of repetitive testing and timing and figuring out the math, alot of grunt work, it's not complicated however. It is rather tedious, but rewarding.

wait, I did use one switch, but that was to make the set up for skipping the intro with less lag, without the switch it was just a action triggered event that would freeze the game for like 3 seconds trying to process everything, the switch smoothed it out XD

edit-

forgot to say, +rep if you like the vid becuase I am greedy XD

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
=< Saved by a Switch? I imagine so.

I would rather like the Code eventing of it.

& your bit greedy on getting Rep xD

Rep:
Level 87
Me? Greedy? Never! D: I'm a good person :tpg:

lol, but there really isn't a code, just a bunch of picture events XD Inspried by White Tie's Ending credits actaully, well, not relaly, I only got the idea from them, I was really inspired by Luminous Arc's opening.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
& The Reason I liked it, it's because I had been experimenting on something similar with bad results <sigh>

Reminds me of those Japanese Novel Games with an Openings similar with CGs . . . which is what intrigues me more  :tpg:

& yes, your greedy!!!  ;D lol

Enough spamming =< Overall, good, & Original, thou a cleaner version would be better but if you say it could overkill the computer, guess that is understandable.

Rep:
Level 87
well one last spam note I guess, a special thanks to SithLord999 (Seth) for helping me with his, he was able to search up some awesome Back Ground CGs from his huge collection XD

Rep:
Level 87
alright, update, the full intro is uploaded on youtube now, enjoy, also on the first post.

enjoy XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bE2rB-eGIE

Rep:
Level 87
adding lyrics cuz I said so XD

right now, all I'm really waiting on is for the project to get back to me from Alpahchix who is going to test play, fix whatever grammer problems left that I, well, all the people who submitted grammer reports, didn't find, and type up enviroment discriptions for everything XD

A big thanks for him, I was going to just take it out since my grammer sucked so bad but he volunteered to do it.

Other than that, I'm waiting on the Logo, which I've put in a request for one to Hanzo who took it and said he'll do it.

I need to finish Avion's battler >_>;;

Hopefully Seth will make me a new world map but he's pretty busy right now, so deal wit it, I personally thought I did a good job making it XD ....... yeah I know I suck at mapping X_X'

lets see...what else, well, not anything really. I'd like to develop the CARDS system as far as the fusion card is concerned, but that's not all that important right now.

Yeah, I'd probably better make some icons for the Cards and the compactor, and the fusion slot too :P

hm...what else.... it's all just loose ends, it's all pretty much said and done with XD Can't wait to release, after this, I'm putting the project on some what of a hold till summer as my grades are sucking atm, so I need to focus, and so for fourth quarter I'll be only focusing on spriting as far as rmxp is concerned.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
 :) Ti'll summer? I see competition for some reason >__>;;; Celestias Ferrum Releasing in summer =< would like to play.

Ermm, Finish that Avion battler of course D:<

<gulp> Now that would look more like an Anime/Image opening I say D:

Rep:
Level 87
Nah, the release is going to be within the week, so I'll have the finalized chapter one up everywhere while I rest XD

and don't worry about competition, I'm sure theres alot of other rmxp games out there that used CG rips XD

nah, not really :P

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
=< Probably true.

Yet, Soul-Rave & Celestial Ferrum <3 Are like the only ones I've seen using Ripped cgs. (*lol,  I am such a ripper xD I gotta get that logo fix fast)

Rep:
Level 91
You use ripped CGs because no one wants to make art for you >:)

Also, am the only who sees all of the female CG in this game as preteen kids?

A lot of people use ripped graphics though, you shouldn't worry much about it.

Rep:
Level 87
yeah, I haven't seen many really good RMXP games using the CG as well, the character portraits are everywhere though :P

as for the girls, well, they all ARE preteens XD Avion is 19, Miho and Fukai 17 while Sakuran is 14? (Lol, secret about her age and I'm not telling XD)

The other 3 supporting characters, Frevella = 19, Song Lee = 18, Akane = 22 :P

Meh, don't blame me, I'm only a kid myself XD

Rep:
Level 91
They all look like they're 10 to me :P

Rep:
Level 87
Quote from: monkeydlu
Hopefully Seth will make me a new world map but he's pretty busy right now, so deal wit it, I personally thought I did a good job making it XD ....... yeah I know I suck at mapping X_X'
I'll get started on it after Rose's request. XD Keep up working on your intro! Haha.
I SUPPORT:

Rep:
Level 87
lol, will do.

I'mma hold off the marathon of anime watching and keep working, I watched 11 eps of Host Club last night, I needed a romantic comedy to cheer me up as well as some inspiration, dun know though, no real inspiratin but I feel like working more now XD

I will get that lrics thing finished today, if not timed, it will be finished.

With those issues out of the way, the last things are fixing up the fusion card system and the Avion Battler sprite x-x

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
lol, I Watch CLANNAD & H2O ~ Footprints in the Sand to get my romance inspiration, but umm, just expect a rather sad ending from both :P

Rep:
Level 87
host club is just funny XD

my main inspiration is still my fav series ever Ichigo 100% GTO my second favorite series but hm...not so much influence from that though XD

Rep:
Level 87
alright, back to school, personal life is going to be taking me away from rmxp for the rest of the year, so I'm going to be releasing the almost final version either today or tomorrow. After I finish everything else today, I will get on and add in the intro credits, as well as try and finish Avion's battler and the fusion slot system, both right now is not mandatory, but it won't be final without them.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Hoping it gets resolved.

& To see that New Logo Title =< Which I liky. lol

Rep:
Level 87
I hope so too..... *sigh* I'm not Asian anymore.... :'(

anyways, logo:

Credits for the logo goes to Hanzo Kimura

Updated the logo by itself on the first page

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
That logo is so badass it's not even funny.

Rep:
Level 87
haha, thanks, Hanzo's really good XD

anyways, I'm seriously an lazy bastard..... so I wanted to ask, anyone want to take screenshots for me? hahaha, stupid question, ignore it, anyways, updates, yush, very busy with school these days, so it's a definete that I'll only get to work on the game on weekends, unforutantly, I'm going out of town for a chess torney this friday and I'll be coming back saturday night, but I think I'll be able to clean up the game by then, what I'm really hoping for now is that the Chibi's will be colored and done before the final release.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Hauuuu~ But I like the li'l chibis black & white! they look cute <3 xD

lol, =< well good luck on the chess tournament & hope you win. =X

Other than that, work! work! xD

~ Caro Ru Lushe

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
Heheh... Caro sounds like Nodame. <3

Oh... that's a very nice logo! and I'm glad you have found someone for chibi works... or you haven't?
I won't help you in any kind of artwork, you have to choose to work me as a writer or an artist.
Anyway, good luck. =)

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
This project could be the next big thing.
*adds to list*

Rep:
Level 87
well then, I'm going to push the release date really far back. Reasons being, I'm going to aim at making a completely original menu display before release.

Other than that, the chibis are going to come in very soon. And hopefully the world map as well :\ but I guess I should get spriting as well XD

the battler, add credits to the opening sequence, blah blah, but everything else is pretty much done....

anyways, reason I'm barely working is pretty much all due to the fact of SCHOOL, thankfully, I am pulling my grades up right now, so I'm happy about that, unfortunately, pulling them up means I actually have to hit the books for once in my life, so yeah, the wait continues I guess.

On the other hand, I got a really good quote from Rose the other day that cheered me up a bit (Leader of project LoH, a commercial game)

"I have a feeling once your game is all said and done, it'll be one of the most noted in the rm world...... you'll be the one of the youngest noted makers too"

another one of my rather proud comments

lets see.... oh yes, one last thing, be on the watch for some CF wall papers soon XD
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 02:39:04 AM by monkeydlu »

I am dushbag
Rep:
Level 86
Dude your so talented (+rep) I'm outta this forum anyways I'm at Rpg Rpg Revolution for those who arn't negative

Rep:
Level 87
ahh, Idk why, but my commisioner doesn't seem to be so active lately, so it'll take a while, still, I can't work on weekdays so it's not like it matters.

Anyways, the past todays, not today, was raining so there wern't any tennis practice, and I took the time to play around a bit, I added a juke box like feature to the bars, if you talk to the piano player int he bars, you'll get to hear some music XD

Some are good, some you'll recognize, but since I'm not sacrificing space over this, their all midis, however, their great quality ones, and some of them you will definetly remeber XD

Like the Eva opening song, got some SM songs and SRW ones too XD yup, well, just for fun, nothign overly special.

lets see... will the sprite battler is pretty much done, so right now, all I'm really waiting on is to make the custom menu graphics and Stihlord's world map.

The menu, well, I've never made one before, and I probably won't be all that good at it, but I'm hoping that once the character chibis are in, I'll get some inspiration, if not.... well, I'll try and wing it XD or ask someone else :P don't know when the map will be in though, well, right now, all thats looking really slow.

but good news, I got a 96 on my science test XD lol, have to bring up a C from last quarter, it was my worst class, other than that, I'm getting straight A's becuase I'm not working at all, so yup yup, it's good. Instead of RMXP in my spare time, I'm doing some Concept art for an side project I pushed aside a while ago, as well as spriting XD it's a good time for me ^_^

Rep:
Level 97
I'm glad to hear that.

Rep:
Level 87
OMG!!!! It's a Miho wallpaper!!!! XDXD

Rep:
Level 87
Yay! XD So you got the colored Chibis from Glady?
I SUPPORT:

Rep:
Level 87
yup :D and get on aim! I need to talk to you about something XD lol

actually, she's not done Fukai yet, but I've gotten the other ones.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Cute <3

lol, changed my wallpaper to have Miho in it <3

Rep:
Level 87
thanks, and hey, is it jsut me, or are all L's now R's? and all A's now &'s???? WUT??? @_@

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
?__? Yeah, like if a Bug gotten in the forums, either Someone's doing or a special event. rolf.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Someone sto|e the |etter "|_" from our a|phabet and put "R" in it's p|ace. I suspect it's the work of Arrow.

Rep:
Level 87
O_O oh, well, at least I feel better knowing it's not just my computer getting bugged up again XD

Rep:
Level 87
some screenys of the new menu :D

btw, for the element status, when it's touching the rim like that, it's means she's twice as effective using that element, so when its in the middle of the graph it's really just normal.

thanks goes to the shadow for finding such a great menu script, Gladyfaith for the chibi drawings, StrawberryQuartz for the BG images, and of course NanKongX for making the script XD

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
OMG!!!!!! Miho & Avion Looks Soooo Cute!!!!!! <3

Luving the CMS Monkeydlu, I am really liking what this project is becoming =3

Rep:
Level 87
:DD lucy's cute too X3

elfin leid was great, loved that story, the ova too XD a bit bloody for my tastes, I sually don't like watching things like that, but after the first eps, I got really hooked XD

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
lol, Elfen Lied Inspired me for a Certain Character's Background  :P

& I just simply rewatch it >__>;;; I get inspired & remember some "stuff" =< if I ever feel down or loose inspiration, hit the things that inspired one in the first place!

Rep:
Level 87
yup, thats why I'm buying manga for the first time ever :D Ichigo 100% FTW!!! In english!!! XD

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Just don't go blind buying ^^;;; Or it'll be too much to read

Rep:
Level 87
meh, it'll be well worth it! XD

on a side note: I got a - rep :tpg:

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Bleh, what can one say? Not everyone will love you ^^;;; I mean, I got -22 >__>;;; Wait, Why 22? I had only -9? LOL

Rep:
Level 87
D: But your awesome11 XD

oh well, I shouldn't keep bumping my topic pointlessly.... so I'll jsut say right now I'm doing nothing except a bunch of homework and trying to retake all the screenshots XD

something new though:

the special thanks list right now only has Caro Ru Lushe and JimmyLy, I feel like I need three names though XD might just stick Seth is there too X3
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 03:04:08 AM by monkeydlu »

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
I want to see the finished Intro @__@ It looks even more proffesional!!!!

(lol, me in special thanks? <3)

Meh, There are may more people more awesome than me ^^;; thou thanks for saying so.

So, when we get to see another new wallpaper? >3

Rep:
Level 87
idk, I've never made wallpapers before so the miho one was a first time ever try :tpg:

baisically just stuck her background from the intro under some black bars and added the pic and the logo XD

lol, I'll probably get bored again this weekend or something and make some XD

Rep:
Level 89
I need to ask monkeydlu , but did the CMS cause alot of lag for you? My game lags in conversations, and I think it's the CMS that is the problem, since no Anti Lag script I've tested works.

Rep:
Level 87
the special thanks list right now only has Caro Ru Lushe and JimmyLy, I feel like I need three names though XD might just stick Seth is there too X3
MIGHT? lol Kidding, kidding.
I SUPPORT:

Rep:
Level 87
lol, of course then! XD

as for the lag, nope, never happened ???

Rep:
Level 87
all new screenshots! XD lol

well, not a huge upgrade, but I've gotten it out of the way nontheless.

now then, the release should be very very soon!

I am dushbag
Rep:
Level 86
lol Celestia is the only good thing this forum has left excluding the RRR people :D

Rep:
Level 87
D: I don't think that at all, please don't say things like that >_>

Caro, Emidy, shadow, Zylos, very skilled all of them, not to mention dollmage is here! XDXD

Rep:
Level 89
lol, of course then! XD

as for the lag, nope, never happened ???

Now Im confused. Every conversation lags for me since I added the CMS.

Rep:
Level 97
Have you tried removing the CMS Shadow and seeing if it still lags?

Rep:
Level 89
Nope, but I did try to remove one of the scripts I got with the CMS, called "ALL TEXT OUTLINE". Guess what? The lag stopped.

Rep:
Level 87
ooh, actually, I found that script pretty neat XD

it makes my dream cutscenes where theres only a white back ground look much neater, that and just over all :P

Rep:
Level 88
Illuminaudio
D: I don't think that at all, please don't say things like that >_>

Caro, Emidy, shadow, Zylos, very skilled all of them, not to mention dollmage is here! XDXD

You forgot someone. :baww:

Spoiler for:
Reives :V
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 11:14:33 PM by Dertt »

Rep:
Level 87
lol XD

of course! Reivie's a legend O_O

Rep:
Level 87
I'm happy to say, that chapter one is now complete and ready for release!!!

Except one problem, it's not ready for release >_>

*shadow, you might want to check*

the menu script seems to be causing some trouble. When it gets encrypted, it won't work. The problem from what Sithlord told me, is that the extra directory is causing trouble when encrypted. Sithlord and Alphachix are trying to help right now, but....

IT"S SO BORING NOT DOING ANYTHING!!!!! AHHH!!!! I don't really know when they can fix it...

damit I'm bored, chapter one is finally finished, but I can't get any feed back >_> ahh, all my work done to waste....

I'm heavily debating whether if worst comes to shove, I'll just release the game uncrypted....

grr....

damit, I'm bored out of my mind, ah well, time to watch some fma.

Rep:
Level 89
*shadow, you might want to check*

the menu script seems to be causing some trouble. When it gets encrypted, it won't work. The problem from what Sithlord told me, is that the extra directory is causing trouble when encrypted.

O_o. God, I don't want to change CMS again <_<

If they are able to fix the problem, could you tell me how to do then, to make it work?

Rep:
Level 87
yup, will do, I hope they can fix it though... >_>

Rep:
Level 87
omg, this might be dieing... O_O

well, new character profile sheets..... *sigh*

on a side note, I finished watching Ohran High School Host Club, I absolutely loved it! XD it was so fun, I'm dissapointed thats it's over :( I want them to make a second season x.x

anyways, watching FMA truly all the way through for the first time, on eps 15, it's pretty fun so far, gonna watch code geass after it since it's being recommended to me :P

also, I want to kill my router >_>

Rep:
Level 97
omg, this might be dieing... O_O

As in, you're going to stop working on it? :(

Rep:
Level 87
I don't want to, but things are at a standstill >_>

Rep:
Level 89
Don't be discouraged, we all have those standstill times now and then. The trick is to treat it as the work that it will inevitably become, whether today or some day in the future. Think of what inspires you to get things done, and the reasons that you started the project in the first place. Sometimes, you just have to grind it for the duration before you find that inspiration again. :)

Hope to see ya get back on track soon.

Edit:
Oh, you're watching FMA eh? That's a relatively long one, but I know that feeling - It's natural to feel unmotivated to work on the game as you are attached to watching another show or whatnot. Don't worry, if you are willing, you'll get over the show after a while. That's what happened with me when I watched Elfen Lied during a production break - I was kinda hopeless for a while, but then when I got back on track I had a lot of new ideas from it. :> So use it to your advantage.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 10:36:15 PM by Reives »

Rep:
Level 87
actaully, it's not as much that, as the menu script I'm useing? Yeah..... when it's encrypted, it crashed the game the second you use it....

I'm want that menu sooo bad though D: one reason is becuase I just found this out, more than likely, other than shadow, no one uses it, and also, I actually designed it! D: ahh, it's to cute to throw away >_>

idk, right now seth and Alpha are working on it.... I think alpha will get it though.

after that, it's just a few ends here and there...

but I do kinda feel workless atm :P well, I really have no work >_> I really don't make most of this game, I own it all to the people that help me, lol

idk, I'll wait till I can see how this gets received, if possible, I'll try and start my new project full force for the summer.

Rep:
Level 97
I could take a look at the menu if you wanted me to.

Rep:
Level 87
it's the one shadow found:

http://www.hbgames.org/forums/index.php?topic=27717.0

I've tried encrypting the demo as well, you basically can't run the game becuase of the extension folder the script uses when it's encrypted >_> thanks, I hope someone can fix this, if not, I'll post a topic asking for help on .org or something.

A blessing
Rep:
Level 91
<3 Back.
Gah!

But, do you know who the author of the CMS is?  If so, you could try contacting him/her.

Rep:
Level 87
he's from 66rpg.... >_> might be hard, lol

Rep:
Level 87
THREE MORE PROBLEMS DOWN!!!

XD

yes.. lets see, first off, the Avion battler is DONE! with some guiding help from Skie Fortress, who kindly sktched out the atack animation for me XD (Man I'm so helpess by myself)

Second, Jimmyly helped me put together a new battle system. It looks different.... I like the way it looks, actaully, I won't lie, I REALLY like the way it looks, but unfortunatly, I think I might not be using it, it's not real time. Well, it is real time, but when ever it's a players turn or selection stage, no one else can move, it's no where NEAR as exciting as my old system >_>

*sigh*

Well then, thrid but the best solid news! THE WORLD MAP IS DONE XD

lol, it looks better than mine thats for sure.

anyways, yes, the chapter one is essentially done, I'm thinking aobut going ahead and jsut starting chapter two since I've got so little work atm (Playing Disgaea 1, which is just a frikking AMAZING game, finished ToA too, the ending was really, really, really disappointing) so time to start consulting the lovely Emidy again XD

edit-

chapter one won't be needing the sewer maps then for convenience sake, they will be in chapter 3, I think it works out better this way, but I'm switching it around a bit, lol. 
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 01:38:56 AM by monkeydlu »

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
+___+ Work on it!

I am waiting to see that Avion Finished Battler & the rests!!!!!!!

=< should be like, awesome.

Rep:
Level 87
I'll post it up on my sprite thread as soon as it's shaded :P lol, so technically it's "almost" finished, but close enough XD

Rep:
Level 87
chapter one won't be needing the sewer maps then for convenience sake, they will be in chapter 3, I think it works out better this way, but I'm switching it around a bit, lol.
That long? Guess I don't have to rush then...XD So all you need is the menu fixed and you can release it?
I SUPPORT:

Rep:
Level 87
yup yup, unless you want to voluntere to make the moutain maps as well XD I might need a few custom ones, but I'll probably just connect together and edit a bit of he ones from map packs.

Rep:
Level 87
ok then, inspired by Reive's speech of the corporate objective, I've decided, to just screw the menu for now, and release the game without it.

I will be updating the game once the scripting problem is done with, and the menu will work when encrypted, for now, you just have to make do with the menu screenshots x.x

anyways, here it is, the chapter one demo, basically the full game except it lacks a menu, and probably a few things here and there which I will really appreciate if anyone who plays this can report, becuase I've learned the hard way theres no way I can find everything by myself, but I am pretty confident everything should be working.

also, the battles in this game while not extremely difficult, may be hard for some people, so I might be making a dungeon guide sooner or later. Just realize that using items is the key to victory.

The first chapter features very straight forward game play, it does give you freedom to explore a few places you don't need to go to yet, but over all theres about 30 to 50 mins of game play.

anyways, I hope you guys enjoy, as I really do need some motivation to keep going with this, if not, I'm going to fall back and start a new project, which I really don't even want to do so >_> please give some feedback if you play, thank yous.

download (39.4 mb) (Dam, I held this off for more than a month now all for nothing.... *sigh*)

also, a fan art from Rye! XD

I'm sure you all know who he is, such a awesome person XD

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
 :=: I am wondering how the blazes it gets soo high rated. I must find this secret, I'll download later on, as I have to get rid of some bugs over my side.

Nice artwork btw <3

Rep:
Level 87
lol, high rated? I don't think I've had my game actaully rated before... oh wait, no, it was rated a year ago by some random person who was starting a rmxp game rating site.

it was labled as "strongly unsuggested" :tpg:

but that was a year ago, it's gotten better XD

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Yeah, I read it.

. . .

I was like

Is he on drugs or something?

&

Realize it was old . . . lol

Rep:
Level 87
where, on hbgames.org? lol, yeah, the bashing helped me I think though... :P

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
. . .

I have no comments on that.

Other than that, No Menu is like a killer >.>;; does this version have the Opening? =X

Rep:
Level 87
yup, it has everything except a menu, the defualt menu deserves some love every now and then I guess... :P

Rep:
Level 87
oh god...I have not been on this site since forever ago...amen..
Anyway's I like this game it is well done!
I am gonna play it now... ;D

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Tried it, but didnt have time to go through the demo.
Have to say the card system's really interesting and your maps really have some nice lighting and fog effects.
Great job!

Oh, and I really like the selection of music. Fits the game and breathes the game into life. :lol:
However, some spelling of words and sentences are incorrect. And its really weird, "dystroy"?
Hope it gets fixed. ;D

Rep:
Level 87
yup, oh, please report any more corrections XD

dystroy was a obvious one... I don't know how I missed it >_>

anyways, theres been quite a few errors found, I'm going to update the demo this weekend or so.

1.) Dystroy -> destroy
2.) changed the "current map:" display on the hud to "Location:"
3.) There was a databasing error in the weapon shop of Razril, fixed.
4.) There is like a 10% chance you might get a card that is missing the graphic, for some reason I forgot to put it it, sorry

well, thats all right now, they keep coming, lol, hope your enjoying it ^_^

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
congratulations =3

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, Congratulations monkeydlu. CRL chose you for the Project of the Month.

I apologize for being late by the way. I haven't been on for like 2 days :(

Rep:
Level 87
w00t! time to go show it off and blow the whole thing up XD

lol, first kindof reward I've ever really gotten so might as well :tpg:

Rep:
Level 87
Congratulations!  :D Maybe you'll get some inspiration to get back to work on Chapter 2? lol
I SUPPORT:

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Alright, I just took a look at chapter one, and I must say that I like what I see, despite Falcon's criticism. Your grammar can still use a bit of work though (capitalizing every first word of a new sentence, changing things like "alot" to "a lot", etc.), but if you like I can go through and help you out with that. Also, having the large character image during conversations can be a bit distracting when it's right in the center of the screen. I'd suggest moving it more towards the edge of the screen, so that you have a clearer view of the sprites and what's actually going on in the scene.

Other than that, I like what I see. I absolutely loved the opening animation (though you should have warned us about the nudity, some poor sop might have had his mother looking over his shoulder or something XD), and the music of the game is really fitting. All in all, you've done a good job so far, monkeydlu.

Rep:
Level 87
thanks, and I'd love if you could go over it and make a report of the grammer for me :tpg:

anyways, I should probably update the demo soon as there are a few bugs, especially that card graphic one, which can crash the game....

I'm going to try and balence the battle system out first though, idk if I'll be able to today, since I'm going out of town, so if not, I'll just update it so the bug error won't crash anyone :P

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
I suggest you to ask someone personally rather than changing this topic into grammar report. lol
Anyway, congrats! happy for you.^^

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Congratulations on Project of the month. You really earned it.

Rep:
Level 87
yeah, I know >_> I'll pm Zylos then, lol, I can't say I can get anyone more reliable for the job than him XD

And thanks, both of you, but Emidy, you know I couldn't have gotten this far without you XD the bashing would've been killer if my dialog was what they used to be :tpg:

Rep:
Level 86
This part of me, I choose not to see.
Congrats on the sticky, monkeydlu!
You deserve it  ;D

Rep:
Level 87
SOoOoOooo

I just finished full metal alchemist, Hagaren.

The last episodes as well as the movie, third time watching the movie actually, but the first time after I've actually seen the series itself in whole, before it was just bits and pieces off AS.

It was great... I really enjoyed it. The only thing I thought was weird was the leap Mustang made from the end of the series to the movie.

The manga I've read a bit too, seems alot different than the anime once it goes off a bit, so I'm going to keep reading, what a great series, yup yup.

Now then, what that has to do with the project, close to nothing, but it does free me up a bit now :P More than likely though, I'll just pick up another anime XD

I can't afford to become a workaholic right now, and I know I will, theres so much stuff brimming that I want to start doing, I want to start chapter 2 especially, but yeah, not right now, theres only 12 more school days left and 4 days of exams, I need to make it through the school year first.

With that said, expect me to update the chapter one download this weekend, all the bugs fixed, hopefully some less grammar and spelling issues, and some other glitches that were reported as well. However, the menu still has yet to be fixed, idk how it'll be fixed anymore, Alpha hasn't said much about it, oh well, I'll find someone to fix it eventually.

well, thats that, fma had a very satisfying ending, not very common for me these days, seeings as how most endings make me mad, hope I can get some inspiration from this ^_^

Rep:
Level 87
decided to work just a bit on chapter two's intro movie, a little preview :P

Rep:
Level 86
Wow, that screenie looks amazing...really tells me the mood of the scene  ;D.
I'm about to download now (I couldn't before since I was looking through other games/demos)
EDIT: After around 6 hours of waiting, the download is nearly complete!
Stupid telstra. And I'm on broadband.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 02:31:51 PM by SorceressKyrsty »

Rep:
Level 87
thanks Sorceresskitty ^_~

anyways, update, the final version of chapter one has been uploaded and posted.

The only thing, and I mean ONLY, is the menu...

anyways, I've hooked it up as well so that the save at the end of the game, that save file can be reused to start off the chapter 2 game.

I'm going to do this a bit different than others like Reives, in which I'm going to make a separate game for each and every chapter, 5 in all.

I might link them all together for separate purposes, but thats what I'm planning.

anyways, started anew the chapter 2 folder, after alot of map copy and pasting, resetting all of the teleporting commands, the chapter 2 manager is as neat as ever! :D

I'm working on the intro right now, I'm still debating as whether to go through the Sakuran story arc first or the Fukai one, I'm consulting both my team mates, Sithlord and emidy for help, but.... well, we'll work it on, I'm a little bit leaning on the Sewer maps one since Seth is more or less indifferent and emidy is saying to go through Fukai's first.

oh well.

anyways, enjoy the chapter one final version w/o menu. The battles have been made easier, and major bugs have been fixed, and there should be nothing left except maybe one or two unnoticed mapping errors and spelling mistakes.

Chapter One: Precious Memories

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys

There's a little miss-typo there my friend

Rep:
Level 86
Is it just me, or do the wolves etc. in the forest of sleep cast poison WAAAYYYY too often?
I think I skipped a place where you get more antidotes or something. I died in the forest of sleep because of the animals poisoning me...
Oh, are you making battlers for Miho, Fukai and Sakuran? Or is it going to be just Avion?
I really like your Avion battler, it's well made :).

Rep:
Level 87
Thanks Caro :D

and the forest shoudln't be that hard to beat... I made it alot easier >_>

them casting poison does less damage than if they just bite you, so don't try to cure poison mid battle, use a charm.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
I hate the bees more than I hate the Wolves, the bats are bit annoying with their mute =X

I find it enjoyable a second time, & the Antagonist new sprite looks waaay better than the last one & more Avion like.

===================================================================================

The Essence of Boredom & Playing Celestias Ferrum, make me do it >___>;;

A Joke Card as I could call it, inspired by Celestias Ferrum itself. (I say this game surely is epic win)

Rep:
Level 87
lol, thats awesome! :D I definetly have to add that, any kind of power you want it to be? XD

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
I dunno, maybe add it to have a Light/Holy Skill =X? If you like it much, I could make another 5 later on the day, I practically made it as a time-killer while I waited for class to start >.>;;; lol.

Rep:
Level 87
you get to wait for class with a computor? O_O

omg, I would LOVE that >_> then again, I'd probably flunk school...

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
=X It's actually my laptop. (lol) I just turn it off when the proffesor arrives & starts, on a side dish:

Soul-Raves 1 Special Heroines Cards:
Spoiler for Fianna, Shinary, Monica, Claire:
Soul-Raves 1 Special Bosses Cards:
Spoiler for Throne Seromus, Throne Fatima:
Rebellion Gears Special Heroine Card:
Spoiler for Aya:
(I dunno how many Cards are in Celestias Ferrum, so I left them all with 0)

(lol, I thought that maybe Kenzo like that, >__>;; lol. (Boredom has it's Fruits, but Can't find two of the Girls I wanted to make cards in >____>)

N-joy wether to use them or not. =X

~ Caro Ru Lushe

Rep:
Level 87
haha, I can't even go into class rooms if the teacher's not there... x.x are you in college? Well, I can wait right now :P

and yay! XD I'll defeintly put them in for chests or bosses :D

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Yes, I am in College, already finish my 2nd Semester thou. =/ At least enjoy if your in high school, College expects too much from one >______>;;

=X lol, make them like, Hard to get, that way it will be interesting to collect them x3

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys

I'm thiking of remakig them & puttig them Red or Green, probably purple >__>;; Photoshop, here I come.

Hope you enjoy.

Rep:
Level 87
lol, I'm only using blue cards though :P

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
(.____.;;) lol, Then I have to fix Releena-sama.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Hey, Monkey. I found an error in your game, while playing the other night (Restarted because the credits from the beginning where at the top of the screen and bottom of the screen, in the black spots and where you see Avion.) after beating a bat and a card was missing, I'll go find what card number it was. It was "165" or something, but I'll go back to see if I can find it again.

P.S.

The game just stopped :P.

P.P.S.

Its still fun.

Rep:
Level 87
oh, did you download the new version I posted a few posts ago?

Becuase yeah, that was a error from the last upload, I'll check all the cards again just in case though, but nothing should be missing from the new version, if something is, I'm going to go beat myself with a bat XD

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Not from that post, I got it from the main post body.
I'll download once I get my wireless router to work on my XP computer, and I'll just avoid that bat and stuff and run really fast.

Rep:
Level 87
well, it shouldn't matter, I forgot I took down the old download right after uploading the new one, so you might've jsut downloaded it before I uploaded the new version :P oh well, hope you can enjoy the game XD

Rep:
Level 87
the time I had as potm has come to a end, but that can only signal a new begging!

no, not the next winner, not my celebration, but summer!

YESH!!! XDXDXD

today was the last day of school, I'll be able to finally work again! I've planned alot for this summer, can't wait to see what comes from everything XD

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
>=3 Yeah, & I expect Chapter 2 Coming along the way then!

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
G-G-Good luck on the vacation work, mah monkeydlu. ;8

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
I couldn't resist ;=; Forgive me . . . Monkeydlu

Spoiler for I think I fell In <3 for Fukai too T.T:
I couldn't resist myself, of editing Fukai along ;=; I just wanted to post something as a "Congrats on PotM" thingy,
Spoiler for:
but all I got is this picture inspired from the screenshot where Fukai is speaking with Novia <smirk> in one of your screenies Ispire the idea. >__>;;

Rep:
Level 87
 :tpg:

lol, that looks pretty dam awesome, nice wings XD

I don't think Avion'll ever hate Fukai though :tpg:

Rep:
Level 87
The menu script has been fixed by the amazing Modern Algrebra II XD A huuuge thaks, and with that, I'm updating the download with all the previous little bugs and mistakes fixed and ready to go :D

This is almost the final version, the only thing left is the making of a original save screen, I'll be using Mog Hunter's on this one.

anyways, too those who've never played, I highly recommend it now, and to those that have, it's still worth checking out the enjoy a more perfect version of the game.

anyways, enjoy XD

CF-Chp1 Ver. 3.2

Rep:
Level 87
ah, lets see, I havn't updated here since I stopped working on this project after the first demo was done.

was in the time over the last month and half, I was bashed, reviewed, enlightened, worked on 2 small side projects, made a few tutorials, didn't sprite at all, got the rips from Sithlord, pulled in yet another favor from Hanzo Kimura, learned a few things, forgot several things, watched a LOAD of anime including some Bleech, CODE GEASS which rocks and it's the best show ever, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, which is a good show I guess, and NHK, which was awesome, loved every second of it.

alright, so then, what now?

well, it was decided about over a month ago that CF would be halted indefinetly

however, a few weeks it was decided that CF would be remade, and 3 days ago, the official remaking began!

so, to kick it off, heres a screen :P

and heres a download to the intro!!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?tq95wx9sy10

DOWNLOAD IT DOWNLOAD IT DOWNLOAD IT!!!

promise you it's good, you won't regret it XD

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Gah! Beautiful, I'll grab this when I get back. I can't wait for it, haven't seen that CG at all >__>;;

Rep:
Level 87
lol, thanks, theres a burst of inspiration, and work is coming along real well.

for now however, I'm going to put the download link in the first post and lock this.

I'm going to make new topics since the entire game is being remade from ground up.

I hope you guys enjoy the preview though XD

oh, and I also spent a bit of time making the location name formats, made my own make shift style :P

Rep:
Level 87
BACKIN FULL FORCE BABY! :D

First post renewed, expect a new demo in 2 weeks to 2 months.

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
very nice & pro ;8

if you dont mind answering, how do you make the cinematic intro before the title and credits?

Rep:
Level 87
through eventing, lol

looks somewhat like this

new screen :D

Rep:
Level 86
Wow this is just amazing I hope u keep up the good work :D

Rep:
Level 87

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Very cool, the effort put into this seems to be a cut above most of the other stuff.
The name is quite nice, why'd you pick it exactly?

Also, the eighth screen down...looks a bit pedophilish.

Rep:
Level 87
you should apprechiat the love between a father and daughter, especially since the father dies! D:

(no spoilers there, it hapens in the first 5 mins of the game, lol)

anyways, the name was picked when I first started imaginging the story, till this day, probably becuase of my lack of imagination, it's stuck with me very solidly.

Celestias Ferrum, literally, even though it's spelled somewhat wrong, it means Heavenly steel, or sword.

It refers to...

hm....

nah, lol

well, from the name, it's not hard to go one what it means, but I'd rather not say atm, it would make it sound too cliche, and that'd ruin the image :P

anyways, thanks for the compliment.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
you should apprechiat the love between a father and daughter, especially since the father dies! D:
WEEEELL, I didn't read the entire first post, but I don't remember anything like that being in it. The artwork is nice, though.

Celestias Ferrum would mean Heavenly Iron, not steel. But personally, I think Iron works better than sword, as it implies the heavy influence of science.

No problem! Keep the good work coming along, I really wish I had the ability to focus and do something like this.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009

Rep:
Level 87
thank you both XD

lol, yeah, latin is my worst class.... x.x

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
thank you both XD

lol, yeah, latin is my worst class.... x.x

Yeah, I think out of all the screens, the dragon fountain is my favorite too! Very creative.

Ahh, don't worry! I'm a bit of a science nerd, Iron is Fe on the periodic table, Fe stands for Ferrum. But yea, it's latin. I kidna stink at it too!

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.

I love those dragon fountains :3

Agreed! Well actually, I like all the graphics in that picture lol. This is simply amazing. Keep it up!

Rep:
Level 87
recently just finished the shopping system for my game, and I'ms till working on it as theres alot of improvements to be done, but you can check it out here, it's for public use as well :)

http://www.rpgm.org/forums/index.php?topic=930.0
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 05:37:31 PM by Code Geass »

Rep:
Level 87
meet the cast :)

Spoiler for shopping system download:

anyways, this is my shopping system, fully evented to be user friendly too :)

the system uses 22 parallell events, which is rather large, it can be put together better with pages and common events, but putting all the events on the map seperate makes them alot easier to see and organize.

Any single paged event can be put into common events, so feel free to for your own project, however, becuase of the fact no more than 6 of the events will be called on at the same time at once, there would be no lag either way

Now then, the shopping system features something rather unconventional for usual shopping systems.

I'll put together a instruction packet later for the specifics of customizing the system, but I'm not that inspired atm.

It's VERY easy to change the items you your buy or sell menu, for each item it takes 3 changes, what item it is that the variable is checking, how much the item costs for buying or selling, and lastly which item it is your adding or removing from your inventory.

For the buying menu, you can have as many items for sale as you want, simply make the pictures for the menu itself.

You can change the number of items on sale selection by changing the variable of the selection event, since it's 5 right now, it's set on 1<Variable<5

the work part is simply making the menu pictures for the menu, not hard to do in photoshop.

For the sell system, it's the same when changing items for sale as above.

This sytem unlike conventional selling systems, does not check what items are in your inventory and only lists those items.

YOU will make specifically for each shop what THEY will buy from you, if you do not put it on the list, you can not sell it to that shop.

this is a bit more realistic, however unconventional.

I'll be working on a evented traditional shopping system, where anything you sell will instantly be resold and dissappear off the face of the eart.

You can put as many items up for sale as you want, as long as you CHANGE THE VARIABLES and MAKE THE IMAGES for the interface of the menu.

The interface is HIGHLY customizable, ALL PICTURES are 640x480, so if youw ant to hange the positioning of the windows, just change the pictures and position it another way, same with all the number displays.

well then, hope you enjoy, I'll add in all comments to the events and then creat a instruction manual once I get working with the interface more and add in the things pointed out by other members.

please try and leave some feedback for improvement, any bugs detected would be a GReat help, thanks ^_^

The map is thanks to Sithlord999 as per usual :)

INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!!

Buying:

Up and Down keys to change which item to buy.

Left and Right keys to change amount to buy for buying in bulk.

SELLING:

Arrow Keys to select which item to sell for that shop.

Space and then Left and Right keys to select how many to be sold.

DOWNLOAD HERE

anyways, the story board of CF was finalized quite some time ago, and personally, I LOVE it, and I really think it's amazing XD

it's very short and sweet, the targeted length of the game will be 3 to 4 hours long, using a tactical battle system and a total of 7 battles, 4 selected missions and 3 story driven fights, plus a extra tutorial battle.

the story is very nice, I was able to get some help witht he thinking process with some friends in real life, and it turned out great, I estimate my completion of this game to be somwhere during summer, my main work is getting all the spriting done as well as eventing a mercenary system.

theres only 6 character in the entire game, and then plus some NPCs, I don't expect having to make more than a dozen of so sprites.

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Monkey, I checked out your shopping system and it almost gave me a BSoD, I checked it out and see that you are using 640x480 pictures for everything  >:(

not only does it increase ram usage, it also makes your filesize huge! Learn to use imagepositioner, if you still don't have it go to rm2k3 forums and check my sticky :3
It shows EXACT coordinates for resolution you want, hopefully that would make your games smaller in filesize and more friendly for people like me @_@

Rep:
Level 87
yeah, Zeriab told me of that already.

It's my fualt, since I started this after I got my new computor, it doesn't lag for me at all, lol

your the first person thats said anything, but yeah, I'll go in and fix it up to save ram ussage, I just usually hate having to bother with the positioning stuff x.x

Rep:
Level 88
That shopping system does look cool. Also, Nora. :tpg:

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
no need to worry about positioning with image positioner :3

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
once you get the hand of positioning it's really not hard to eyball it, 's how I do a lot of my CMS windows and such.

ok, I'm going to say it.
the green girl's sprite.

her mammaries are a lot larger than in her CG.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 87
I had to show the difference in their size... XD

Miho>Fukai>Sakuran lol

anyways, yeah, I had to do ALOT, and I mean rediculous amounts of positioning I'm sure that no one could measure up to with the 3 pseudo animated intros I've done. (Mine, Sithlord's, and DAS's)

theres ALOT of image moving in those things, and personally, I'm sooooo sick of it, which is why I didn't want to deal with it when I started this menu.

I have image positioner btw, it's weird to work but I'll go ahead and use it.

thanks Revo, whats nora?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I had to show the difference in their size... XD

Miho>Fukai>Sakuran lol

they're still far too big.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
Since the game is fours long, how long would you say the battles are in general (10-15 minutes+)?

If the battles are short, what other content fills the other few hours?

I'm just curious.

Rep:
Level 88
thanks Revo, whats nora?
The CG character you used in the shop system. That character is Nora from Mabinogi.

Spoiler for:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
if you're going to grab CG from other games and such, you have to know where they're from so you can credit properly...

Rep:
Level 87
the shop was just for public use, I just used that from googling for merchant characters, lol, I didn know it was from mabinogi though, never played it.

I'm still trying to find a CG to use for my own game, that cg would clash with my own :\

and they really arn't that big... if you compare to her cg, as well as if you looked at the sprite on 1x view in a rmxp map, it's fine.

anyways, the game is using a tactical battle system, the battles will probably be from 10-15/20mins like you said, theres 3 missions (out of 5 choosable missions with a mission system) which will be the main focus of each day, and 3 story fights, which will happen at points int eh story.

the entire story is worked out, and it's great, I'm sure you'll love it, but yeah.

there'll be 1.5 hours or so of battles, and the rest is all story and prepping for battles like any other tactical game.

for the battles, you have the main character, Avion, and up to 3 mercenaries.

for the mercenaries, theres a very simple mercenary system with 3 classes, Knight, Warlock, and Priest, you can customize they're gender, weapon, and affinity skills.

depending on the battle, you'll also have story characters with you as well, the 3 possibilities are of Fukai, Miho, and Sakuran, the 3 girls.

the last two cast members are just the bad guy, and Miho's dead father.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
and they really arn't that big... if you compare to her cg, as well as if you looked at the sprite on 1x view in a rmxp map, it's fine.

ok, comparing sprite on a 1x view rmxp map to the cg

cg's look like size 34-A
sprites's look like size 42-D

Rep:
Level 87
agh, this is something I really don't care about, stop talking about it. I go to a all boys school, I have a right to things like thsi >_>

anyways, I'm reworking Avion's sprite as well.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
agh, this is something I really don't care about, stop talking about it. I go to a all boys school, I have a right to things like thsi >_>

learn to take criticism
especially when you're wrong.

I don't see how being in a sausage-fest school entitles you to make sprites that are grossly inaccurate compared to their CG counterparts just because you don't see enough tits around you.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Does this really matter so much?

Rep:
Level 87
I do take criticism, this is seriously just completely irrelevant to me, like Holk said, why does this even matter?

so she has bigger boobs, I'm happy with it.

Rep:
Level 84
we stay guttah out hur ya digg
hey monkey, you're here too? I swear you're a member of every RM forum there is @__@;;

Anyway, when did you decide to switch to a tactical battle system?

Good luck on this.
"you gonna pay wutchu owe santa clause" - Riley Freeman

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009

anyways, I'm reworking Avion's sprite as well.

I really like where you're going with the sprite. You're fixing all of my pet peeves. I love it.

Rep:
Level 87
thanks.

well, this isn't as much as a new demo as replacing my old demo, but here, have fun, lol.

the last one was just out dated is all.

Celestias Ferrum Preview
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 04:29:43 PM by Code Geass »

Rep:
Level 90
I just tried this out again.

I'm not exactly impressed. The game looked nice as usual...but what made it any different from the last demo? What was changed? It seems nearly the same to me. Having it cut out at the exact same point as last time was massively disappointing. What have you been up to all this time? :|

Needs more gameplay! I want to see what ideas you may have in action. >:V

Rep:
Level 87
lol, well, I have game play done... just a little, still trying to set up the GTBS

the thing is, I'm using templates for all the characters since I'm ridiculously slow at spriting :'D so I dont' want to have anything like that.

but yeah, it's not a NEW demo, I just didn't want to have teh old one up there since I rewrote the story, and the story in the last demo was terribly misleading XD

edit-

on another note, I realized yesterday it was uncrypted, lol, but that was after the THIRD time I had to reupload, so yeah, not going to care since theres nothing to steal anyways.

edit2-

oh, as for what I've done... I wrote the story XD

lol, yeah, but thats prolly the only major step for me, when I had the last demo I was COMPLETELY BSing it, lol, but now I've got it finished from start to finigh :)

theres going to be around 5 or 6 hours of gameplay, and theres only 6 characters in all, the story is all original and if you ask me I think it's awesome XD

and... I made the town exploration system and the shopping system via events... the exploration system was for another game so I haven't converted it yet.

those, and just spriting :\ (which... I've done VERY little of x.x)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 01:38:09 PM by Code Geass »