RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Underrated Video Games

Rep:
Level 87
Fighter: This is called a Random Encounter.
Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 - XBOX 360
Yoshi's Safari - SNES
Castlevania: Dracula X - SNES
Shining Force EXA - PS2
Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus - PS2
Pokemon Stadium - N64

Does anyone else like these games? Also, feel free to post other underrated games here.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Vandal hearts 2

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
Evo Search for Eden ( SNES )
Ms Saga A new dawn ( PS2 )
Total Annihilation ( PC ) im not so sure but it sometimes is underrated compared to red alert and starcraft
StarLancer ( PC ) Really Overlooked it has awesome story/ voice
actors graphics are meh but its fun the first time through.

Rep:
Level 87
MS Saga? Didn't think anyone else played that. That game is awesome.

Rep:
Level 89
I is my hero!
Dirge of the Cerebrus was actually a pretty good game, even though It didn't get a good rating.\\

Rep:
Level 88
S.L.A.I.

No one has heard of it... It was great...

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Final Fantasy 7.
Game was awful....

And Final Fantasy 3 (US) as ok....

Castlevania Circle of the Moon
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire

Rep:
Level 87
Final Fantasy VII wasn't underrated. That game was awesome.

S.L.A.I.

What's S.L.A.I.?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
 :tpg:

I thought this was over rated video games!!!

;8

Well, I don't know....I think Kuru-Kirin (I think that's it), well, it's a japanese game, and it ROCKS.

Rep:
Level 87
I remember one. Phantasy Star Universe. I don't get how Phantasy Star Online was so well received, but Phantasy Star Universe wasn't. That game is awesome.

Rep:
Level 88
Evo Search for Eden ( SNES )
Ms Saga A new dawn ( PS2 )
Total Annihilation ( PC ) im not so sure but it sometimes is underrated compared to red alert and starcraft
StarLancer ( PC ) Really Overlooked it has awesome story/ voice
actors graphics are meh but its fun the first time through.

EVO is the shit!
I hate that once you become man, you can't change anything.
The first boss is too hard as well, I cheated on that.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Legend of dragoon.
Marvel Vs. capcom 2 (not so much but hell that game was greatness)
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 87
Legend of dragoon.

Those games are awesome.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Legend of dragoon.

Yeah, Marvel Vs. Campcom was great...

Cannon Spike was an amazing game! Beats most every game ever made, a campcom shoot 'em up 3D game, rocks, gotta play it. It's for the Dream Cast.

Rep:
Level 87
If I had a good Dreamcast Controller, I would.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
No, you will. Go out and buy one, now.
The game rocks, Mega Man, Jill, Roll, Cammy, Arthur..can't remember more, but there's the hover board guy.

Rep:
Level 88
I have Legend of Dragoon.
I also have a dreamcast.

Rep:
Level 88
Final Fantasy VII wasn't underrated. That game was awesome.

S.L.A.I.

What's S.L.A.I.?
Wow, I'm late...
S.L.A.I. was a lot like Armored Core. And almost as good.

Anyway... New game- Grandia 3 (Not sure if you would call it underrated...)
Very cliche at times, but still a great RPG.

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
I remember one. Phantasy Star Universe. I don't get how Phantasy Star Online was so well received, but Phantasy Star Universe wasn't. That game is awesome.

Ahmen Brother

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Final Fantasy VII sucked major balls.....

Iridion II (GBA) rocks so much, its got everything space shooters wish they had, and 3D.

Rep:
Level 88
The mind is the best weapon.
Earthbound (in America, anyway..)
Totally agree on E.V.O. too, I loved that game  :fred:
Arena Blast was a really underrated game for the PC. I loved it when I was 10 and still like to play it. It was my first FPS, so many memories =/

Also, FFVII was pretty good...especially compared to some other FF's.. *cough*X-2!!*cough*
On the topic of FF, Tactics is sometimes under-appreciated.
->

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, even though it's a quick beat, why does every one hate it?

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Grandia I, Vagrant Story, Parasite Eve II... lotsa good RPG's 'xept Parasite Eve II. It's like Parasite Eve I got all the attention.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, even though it's a quick beat, why does every one hate it?

That is actually the first game that came to my mind. Most of the other games mentioned here aren't really all that underrated.

Rep:
Level 87

That is actually the first game that came to my mind. Most of the other games mentioned here aren't really all that underrated.

That's true. I don't think Earthbound and Grandia 1 were underrated. Still, Earthbound is good. Although I haven't played it, Dawn of Mana seems to be pretty underrated. Already out in Japan and coming to the US soon, everyone's already saying that it's gonna be bad. Yeah right. I think it's gonna be awesome. Why didn't anyone like Sonic The Hedgehog 2006? Is a little challenge too much for New School Gamers? I welcome the challenge. Show me a difficult game, and I'll play it.

Rep:
Level 87
LOSER
Vagrany Story (AWWEEESOMMEE) Jak and Daxter trilogy, Okami, FF X-2, Super Mario Bros. 2 & 3, Donkey/ Diddy Kong racing

Rep:
Level 88
I came up with another one... If you can consider it under-rated.

Elite Beat Agents- If you haven't tried it, you must. It is so awesome.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Turok, can't remember which one, but one of the ones for N64, and WCII, it was shadowed by it's child, WCIII, although it wasn't ever underrated....

Rep:
Level 96
You know, I think that America has the larger Earthbound fanbase now. People were actually sending threat letters to....Earthbound guy...for a while, I think.

Rep:
Level 88
The mind is the best weapon.
You know, I think that America has the larger Earthbound fanbase now. People were actually sending threat letters to....Earthbound guy...for a while, I think.
I doubt that; EB sales are almost always over double the sales in Japan. Maybe the fanbase in America is just growing. If there were more games to be exported to the states, maybe the Japanese could actually start a stable fanbase for the EB series. With only a game every 10 or so years and with unleading games like the Smash Bros. series, it's not a surprise that the EB support isn't fantastic.
->

Rep:
Level 96
Well, I dunno, I can only go by what I read...I think Mother 3 was the last from him though.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Vagrany Story (AWWEEESOMMEE) Jak and Daxter trilogy, Okami, FF X-2, Super Mario Bros. 2 & 3, Donkey/ Diddy Kong racing
Do you even know what underrated means?

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Do you even know what underrated means?

:tpg:
I don't think he does!  ;8

Rep:
Level 87
Command and Conquer: Renegade, and Mechwarrior 4: Vengeance

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
Harvest Moon. Great game but no publicity.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Harvest Moon. Great game but no publicity.

:-\

You're joking, right? It had a huge following, and not just an underground following, the games are very popular, plus they have tons of ads in nintendo powers.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Legend of Mana

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Seiken Densetsu 3.
I'm in love with that game.  :lol: And TMNT Super something heist, for genesis, that game was fun!  :lol:

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Wow, I have mind reading skills.  I was just about to reply with Seiken Densetsu three.  It is so great.

Rep:
Level 96
I couldn't get into it.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I couldn't get into it.

really? It was like a mental drug, I couldn't get enough of it. And when I got to a hard part, I trained my party up. I couldn't stop.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
I thought it was pretty good, whoever did the translation did a great job too. I still prefer the Snes original, but 3 was kool.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I can never get myself to play very far into it. =/

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I was about to beat the game...the crystal desert, but then I just stopped playing...I don't know why...

And yeah, the translations were great. No engrish.

Rep:
Level 87
I'm playing Seiken Densetsu 3 now. It's not the best of the Mana Series, but it's alright.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I'm playing Seiken Densetsu 3 now. It's not the best of the Mana Series, but it's alright.

Please, can you edit your post?
Well, edit it when you get father into the game.
What party members did you pick?
My fav are:
Hawk (aka hawkeye)
Lise (aka Lize)
Angela

Rep:
Level 87
Why should I edit it? It's true. The game is just odd compared to the others, as Duran, the Main Character I chose, cannot attack three times like a normal Swordsman. While in Legend of Mana and Children of Mana, you can, making it easier to fight off enemies. As for my whole team, it's Duran, Kevin, and Hawk.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Stupid.

Never Ever pick Kevin Duran and Hawk.

Unless you're willing to sacrifice good classes just to even out your team, I recomend you get a new team and start over.

See, the battle system gets more complex and fun later on, when you get your other party members.
If you haven't gotten your first member, I suggest you turn back, you're still very close to the beginning.
Get Clair, she's good. And Duran is pretty good, but he has his draw backs too.
Angela at final class for Rune Master kicks so much arse. And Hawk is a must too! But don't go light with him...he blows light.
The game is so complex later on, you have to save state just to make sure you made the right choice. (over exaggerating!!! but still sort of on)
Lise is awesome, she can take down tanks, she's a power house. But you need to know what stats too.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Betrayal at Krondor. I've never met another person who's played it, but in my opinion it is the best RPG. I would say Period, but I always feel like that is understating the power of the ., which is, in fact, already a period.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
What system was it on?

Broken Sword was pretty underrated, it was pretty fun too!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
It was on computer. I don't think it was ever on a console

Rep:
Level 87
Stupid.

Never Ever pick Kevin Duran and Hawk.

Unless you're willing to sacrifice good classes just to even out your team, I recomend you get a new team and start over.

See, the battle system gets more complex and fun later on, when you get your other party members.
If you haven't gotten your first member, I suggest you turn back, you're still very close to the beginning.
Get Clair, she's good. And Duran is pretty good, but he has his draw backs too.
Angela at final class for Rune Master kicks so much arse. And Hawk is a must too! But don't go light with him...he blows light.
The game is so complex later on, you have to save state just to make sure you made the right choice. (over exaggerating!!! but still sort of on)
Lise is awesome, she can take down tanks, she's a power house. But you need to know what stats too.

"Stupid"? That's rude. I don't think it's your place to tell me how to play the game. All my Characters have had they're first Class Change and I just got off of the Ghost Ship. I seem to be doing just fine with my current team. Going back on Topic, I think Final Fantasy Legend was underrated.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Hmmm.....I said stupid because th party has it's downers.

Having the hole group men limits your abilities in magic and healing, unless you want to sacrifice good classes just to not spend tons of money for healing items...but the mana beasts are tricky if you can't heal.
Genova is the worst though...

FFL was the original Secret of Mana. I think.

Rep:
Level 87
So what? The tougher the game, the better. In fact, if I find a way, I'll record the battle with "Genova" just to prove my point. My point being that Magic is dumb and getting in your opponents face is the way to go. And it was Final Fantasy Adventure that was the first Secret of Mana/Seiken Densetsu. Final Fantasy Legend was called Saga in Japan.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
If you're using zsnes you can record stuff by going into the the last tab.

hmmm...I-Ninja didn't get much media, although it was amazing.

Rep:
Level 87
I know that, but others need to have a ROM of Seiken Densetsu 3 and ZSNES to view it.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I have a rom. and zsnes.

Get a recorder file.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Thief: Deadly Shadows

Not too underrated but
<3

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I totally forgot...

The Shin Megami Tensei series are so underrated, it stinks. Now, I'm talking about the old ones for SNES, didn't even come out of Japan. Luckily, there are fans who translate 'em.

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
One of the most unnderated video games latley was Phantasy Star Universe although it could have been longer and they couldn't have released more with extra mode it was an awesome game, the gameplay beats the hell outta WOW or city of villains

Spoiler for:
Offtopic:for the first time saw the trailer in theaters for transformers infront of shriek 3 they finally slipped in the transforming sound

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
Underrated: Shininf Force(heh)
dawn of mana(i really hated it, but it doesn't deserve a 5.1 still)
stella deus(awesome rpg tactic :'()
wild arm series

btw duran hawk and kevin is a pretty dam good team.(not saying it's the best but IT DOESN'T SUCK)

kevin is a good attacking,making him warrior monk makes him healer of the team AND can attack.

having hawk with his elemental jutsu AND attacking can be replaced by angela(ok she has a magic lv 3 that does 999,so what?will you always cast magic?)
angela sucks for attacking. hawk has the highest accuracy,making him an almost perfect accuracy

duran IS duran. elemental swords moon saber or leaf saber totally pwns. and anyway,he's the powerhouse,with lise.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
dawn of mana(i really hated it, but it doesn't deserve a 5.1 still)
stella deus(awesome rpg tactic :'()
wild arm series

btw duran hawk and kevin is a pretty dam good team.(not saying it's the best but IT DOESN'T SUCK)

kevin is a good attacking,making him warrior monk makes him healer of the team AND can attack.

having hawk with his elemental jutsu AND attacking can be replaced by angela(ok she has a magic lv 3 that does 999,so what?will you always cast magic?)
angela sucks for attacking. hawk has the highest accuracy,making him an almost perfect accuracy

duran IS duran. elemental swords moon saber or leaf saber totally pwns. and anyway,he's the powerhouse,with lise.

Duran and Angela are interchangeable.

D,H,K, it's an ok team, but having Lise in the team is one of the best choices ever. Summoner and she has very high attack.

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
yea i know lise pwn, she's the main attacker,up with duran,and summon which summons are dam powerful. ierno, i finished the game maybe 6 time(with people online) and never clicked with her

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
You really need to get some sun. Really. leave your room and take a break for a while.

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
that game isnt long to finish.
btw,i've been playing seiken for maybe 7 years now?

i finished it 6 time and i say it's about 30 hours a file.

180 hours in 7 years?..

btw,it's raining outside =D

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
GTFO OUT SIDE.

Really.

The game's hardest boss must be Genova... /\-----/\
-----------------------------------------|-|()()|-|
-----------------------------------------|-|/--\|-|
-----------------------------------------|-||--||-|
-----------------------------------------|-|\__/|-|
----------------------------------------============

A bad attempt at Genova ASCII

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
lmao ur funny. you're not any better than me probably. i'm not telling you the way you should live, you shouldn't as well.

i work full time, i got school part time, i have a gf and everything's good here.

so erm.. ''GTFO'' like you would say

anyway,another under-rated game might be final fantasy 8. many disliked it as well.
maybe cause of the junctions mode? the graphics were nice back at the time, the story was awesome, the characters were cool( ok, beside squall that is [...][whatever] but i guess its his personality ;D

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
FF9 is amazing.
FF7 is so fing over rated.

Rep:
Level 97

No way, Shining Force is amazingly popular. I've never heard anybody give it a bad rating.

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
i know it'S amazing dude loll.
i bought it recently.
it's just some people complaining about the game that it sux. i find it awesome
many gives it a bad rating,i don't really know why

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Speak with GOOD grammar and spelling please....  :P

Shining Force is not underrated, what are you talking about???

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
Speak with GOOD grammar and spelling please....  :P

Shining Force is not underrated, what are you talking about???

are you reading people's signature? english isn't my main language. i'm trying to learn it,though. but since i learned it first as ''chat language'' i'm always ''''confused'''

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Sorry...didn't know.
But could ya add spaces where they need to be?

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
I don't get why you people say it's not underrated.
it's underrated, and deserves better.
shining force is an awesome game.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/shiningforceikusa/index.html?tag=result;title;0

Rep:
Level 89
What system was it on?

Broken Sword was pretty underrated, it was pretty fun too!

i loved the last BS game they made (dont remember what it was called exactly, on the PS2 or 360 i think... anyway) i would have completed it to if my bro didnt see a better game and sold it :(

Rep:
Level 97
I was referring to the original Shining Force: http://www.gamespot.com/genesis/rpg/shiningforce/index.html?tag=result;title;1

Which is probably one of the most popular games ever. I didn't even know about EVA. And Shining Force 2 was even better.

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
ohh all right loll,i'm sorry

I'm the mother-fucking muffin KING, bitch.
Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
Anyone ever hear of Okage?

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I was referring to the original Shining Force: http://www.gamespot.com/genesis/rpg/shiningforce/index.html?tag=result;title;1

Which is probably one of the most popular games ever. I didn't even know about EVA. And Shining Force 2 was even better.

I didn't even know there was an EVA...

I only knew SF and SF2.

Shining Soul kicked SF's ass, though.

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
hmm shining soul im gonna have to remember that anyway another underrated game is Dragon Warrior Monsters the first one and the sequel.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Yes, it's an amazing game!!!

Can be hard though...  :-[

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
I loved Okage...Every decision you make, and every turn you take, all creats the ending :) i miss that game.

a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/bb/fight5" style="display: block; background: url(http://assets.justsayhi.com/badges/415/366/fight5.sxycnp87hy.jpg) no-repeat; width: 296px; height: 84px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 42px; color: #fff; text-decoration: none; text-align: center; padding-top: 145px;">25</a><p><small>Meet <a href="http://www.justsayhi.com/states/151/new-hampshire">New Hampshire Singles</a></small></p

Rep:
Level 87
I'm not entirely sure about this, but I think the two Eureka Seven games on the PS2 are underrated. I think those games are awesome though. If you like Surfing, Flying, Fighting, and Giant Robots, you'd like that game.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
All my hobbies into one game?!  AMAZING!

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
Okami for ps2 was so underrated it was an awesome game i think it can match up with the new zelda :-\

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
Okami for ps2 was so underrated it was an awesome game i think it can match up with the new zelda :-\

I wouldn't go THAT far.....I mean it was a good game and all, but i don't think it would be the new zelda.

Rep:
Level 87
FFVIII
that game is so under-rated. Everything about it was aesome... i dont understand why everyone hated it.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I never played final fantasy 8, is it good?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
it wasn't that bad

I don't think the GF system is the 'best' but it was pretty good.
the only thing is that Limit breaks seemed rather random.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
it wasn't that bad

I don't think the GF system is the 'best' but it was pretty good.
the only thing is that Limit breaks seemed rather random.

Ughh i hated FF8. I mean it was soo boring and annoying...I'd ratehr play Oakage any day.

Rep:
Level 87
Final Fantasy VIII wasn't that bad, but it wasn't the best. While it did provide a challenge, I didn't like challenges when I played it. It's story was somewhat unique though. Going back on subject, another underrated game is probably Mega Man and Bass, but I'm not entirely sure about that. That game was awesome.

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
Final Fantasy VIII wasn't that bad, but it wasn't the best. While it did provide a challenge, I didn't like challenges when I played it. It's story was somewhat unique though. Going back on subject, another underrated game is probably Mega Man and Bass, but I'm not entirely sure about that. That game was awesome.

Did you ever get a chance to play any of the mega man legends games?

Rep:
Level 87

Did you ever get a chance to play any of the mega man legends games?

Yeah, and I liked all three of them. Yes, there are three of them. The Misadventures of Tron Bonne is part of the Legends Series.

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
LoL i got all of um'. Now that is some fun shit...Nothing beats kickin pigs around for a good two hours.

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
i had megaman 64 it wasn't bad fun for about 5 days the crappy part was paying 75 dollars for it :mad:

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
i had megaman 64 it wasn't bad fun for about 5 days the crappy part was paying 75 dollars for it :mad:

75 bucks!?!?!?!?!?

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
yep the only place that i could find it toysarus ;8

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Anyone play future cop L.A.P.D?  it was such a kick ass game on the PS1.

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Convert to Maskology or I'll throw orphans at you!
Final Fantasy 9
That games wasn't all that bad...
Why Mario kicks ass:

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
2 Words.
Kirby Air Ride.

LARF LARF LARF.

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
Zoids : Battle Legends
Transformers The Game ( i dont know if it counts but meh)
Phantasy Star Episode 3 C.A.R.D Revolution ( Many people thought it was junk i thought it took more intelligence than Episode 1 and 2)

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Super Mario Bros.

Really good game. check it out.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Super Mario Bros.

Really good game. check it out.

:P

You know you're just annoying, right?

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
Betrayal at Krondor. I've never met another person who's played it, but in my opinion it is the best RPG. I would say Period, but I always feel like that is understating the power of the ., which is, in fact, already a period.

I have it, and it is really awesome. I think it's REALLY underrated for being a really great RPG.

Rep:
Level 90
Skilled Scripter, Shitty Mapper, Decent Writer.
Threads of Fate
5 pages of posts and yet nobody has listed Threads of Fate? You gotta be joking! Every gamer I talk to has never heard of this game DESPITE the fact that it was done by Squaresoft! I mean WTF! Common! As many people that follow around Square, you mean to tell me that almost the entire fan base missed the release of one of their games? The character's, music, and story are awesome! How often do you get to play as a selfish, tomboy princess wanting to take over the world or a quiet, pure hearted boy who can transform into the monsters that he's defeated? If I'm not mistaken, the game is out of print(not made anymore) but it's on PS1 if you want to try finding it at a Game Crazy, GameStop, or where ever. If you find a copy of it, BUY IT! It seems to be a rare find. ^-^;

Final Fantasy 8
God, I hated the junction system! You could never use any good magic unless you wanted your stats to go down because you always had your good magic junctioned to your stats! Although I recall junctioning Death to my weapons whenever possible, which owned. ^-^; Why do I feel it's under-rated? Because everyone hates on it because of the junction system. The story was great and seeing Rinoa and Squall together was kind of cute. The dancing scene is a perfect example of that.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Is threads of fate that one where the guy named Rue can turn into animals?

Rep:
Level 90
Yep. If you've played it, own it, or even seen it I'll be happy because you'll be the first person I've met on-line and off-line who have heard of the game OR played it.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I had it on a demo disk, it seemed really good, and I would have bought it, but I never saw it anywhere.

Rep:
Level 97

I have it, and it is really awesome. I think it's REALLY underrated for being a really great RPG.

woot! Riddle chests all the way  :lol:

I finally found someone else who's played it.

Rep:
Level 90
I had it on a demo disk, it seemed really good, and I would have bought it, but I never saw it anywhere.
I'm guessing that's because it never really took off. Hence, the not so common Threads of Fate disk. I'm a lucky owner of the game. Pick it up on ISO if you can ever find it. A USB controller similar to PS1/2 controllers run about 10-15 USD at a Wal-Mart. Great if you d/l games a lot! ^-^;

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I'll look for a torrent of it, but I expect no such luck.

Rep:
Level 87
Dark cloud
Primal
Dragon QUest VIII

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
Custom Robo and the revamped version Custom Robo Arena.

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.

Rep:
Level 96
BATTLE CARS

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
man, all these great games just before my generation : /

I should look for some.

...Has anybody mentioned Darwinia yet?

I haven't played it intensively, but it's a really great game. The style is amazing, and it plays as a RTS/Arcade Shooter hybrid.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Final Fantasy VII Dirge Of Ceberus, am I the only one who liked it?

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Chewey's RMRK game

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice

yes.

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.

I liked it too.

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!

i still have my gamecube saved game with all the robos unlocked i loved that game ;8

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.

i have Custom Robo Arena, its awesome!

Rep:
Level 89

I thought it was pretty damn good...

Rep:
Level 96
There's only one FF I can say I honestly enjoyed, and that was 10. Dunno why, just did.

Rep:
Level 86
Earthbound got really underrated, is a game made by a genius, and is the best RPG/adventure game in the world.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I hated Earthbound, Seiken Denetsu 3 beat the shit out if it in my mind.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Seiken Denetsu 3 beat the shit out if it in my mind.

How is that game underrated? All of the English fans love it?

Gain Ground, very underrated...

Rep:
Level 86
I hated Earthbound

BURN HIM WITH FIAAAAAAAAAAARRRR!!!

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I think not.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Puzzle Quest is really overlooked. : \
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
Mega Man Star Force.

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
Mega Man Star Force.

Is it good?

well, I'll say Custom Robo Arena.

Rep:
Level 87
In my own little world...

Same here, I always wanted to play it.
In the end, I never did.

Suikoden series, they always get 6 or 7's. (Besides 3)
Gamespot even said it's just a warm-up for Wild ARMs, screw Gamespot.

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
I don't know how i can say this anymore then i already have OKAGE SHADOW KING for ps2.

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
Okami
Star Trek Encounters

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
If you think about it, alot of DS games are overlooked. I went to get Trauma Center and they didn't carry it anymore.  ;9

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
If you think about it, alot of DS games are overlooked. I went to get Trauma Center and they didn't carry it anymore.  ;9

Trauma Center on the Wii is a lot more fun.
I don't think that's called being Underrated...but it is strange that they didn't carry it, indeed.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
They carried it where I came from. How depressing that you couldn't get your hands on such a wonderful game.

Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg. That game OWNS! I have the strangest feeling that I'm the only one in my town who owns this game, but whenever I play multiplayer mode on it with my friends, they always have a blast.

If you're looking for a good gamecube game, with a very... "unique" storyline, Billy Hatcher is the answer.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
They carried it where I came from. How depressing that you couldn't get your hands on such a wonderful game.

Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg. That game OWNS! I have the strangest feeling that I'm the only one in my town who owns this game, but whenever I play multiplayer mode on it with my friends, they always have a blast.

If you're looking for a good gamecube game, with a very... "unique" storyline, Billy Hatcher is the answer.

Billy Hatcher is awesome.

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
FFx-2.  :D

X was way better. I secretly liked X-2

Soo many bewbs

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
X-2 was fuuuuuuuuuhn!

MGS: The Twin Snakes.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Thats underrated?

I thought so, everybody is constantly saying it's shit compared to the others....I thought it was really fun.

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
Thats underrated?

I thought so, everybody is constantly saying it's shit compared to the others....I thought it was really fun.

Its my favorite of the series...

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Thats underrated?

Its my favorite of the series...

Oh...I thought MGS nuts hated the game...

Rep:
Level 98
LOL, It was alright, I would much rather play mah old MGS.

Rep:
Level 87
In my own little world...
Twin Snakes rocked.
Why are people saying that?
Fags.

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
Twin Snakes rocked.
Fags.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Twin Snakes rocked.
Fags.

I don't know if they had the Gray Wolf scene in the original, but when Snake first sees him in the hall way, that scene fucking rocks!

pokeball JAPOfflineFemale
I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Persona 3.

Some people just said it's BOOORING, and I have to admit that they're the foolest fool foolish foolshits fooler than foolest fools. Oh noes, this Franziska syndrome, LOL...

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
Twin Snakes rocked.
Fags.

I don't know if they had the Gray Wolf scene in the original, but when Snake first sees him in the hall way, that scene fucking rocks!

It was but they amped it up, like when he cut the guy in half. One the PS1 it was pretty half assed.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Twin Snakes rocked.
Fags.

It was but they amped it up, like when he cut the guy in half. One the PS1 it was pretty half assed.

Yeah, when the guy was cut in half, it was like so fucking amazing, just like when he slices the bullet it half and it ricochets all over.

Rep:
Level 86
I didnt play the last one but the Xenosaga Trilogy was good...

also Dirge of Cerberus.....if it wasnt for the long ass story it would of been in my top 10...so hard to stay awake through it tho..........

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
The last Xenosaga was wicked so deep i think more rpgs should be that cinematic
as for dirge of cereberus .... it was horrible not the story but the gameplay sucked...

Rep:
Level 86
Dawn Of Mana

I think this game is like the Legend of Mana but more better than LOM.
But when I play......................
Urrrggghhhh........It's very bad.
Legend of Mana more good than this one.

Dawn Of Mana is worst game that I was play.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Summon Night: Swordcraft Story. <3
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

That game was awesome.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

That game was awesome.
tru dat

Swordcraft Story 2 was funnier, I think it's more fun too! They made a third one, but I think it was only in Japan. (I think, I only think this because there is an entry for it on spriters-resource.)

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
I thought that .hack//GU was a bit underrated. It was repetitive, but i really just like the whole concept of the series.

That game was awesome.
tru dat

Swordcraft Story 2 was funnier, I think it's more fun too! They made a third one, but I think it was only in Japan. (I think, I only think this because there is an entry for it on spriters-resource.)
I need to find that...I had the ROM for 2 but it isn't really the same.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
There was an American-made RPG on the Game Boy Color called Magi-Nation, and to this day it is one of my favorite games I have ever played.  There's a cartoon of it now, but you probably wouldn't think it's entertaining unless you played the old game.  The cartoon is marketed toward young kids, but I think the majority of the demographic watching it are older teens my age, who played the game when they were kids.  Like me!

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
There was an American-made RPG on the Game Boy Color called Magi-Nation, and to this day it is one of my favorite games I have ever played.  There's a cartoon of it now, but you probably wouldn't think it's entertaining unless you played the old game.  The cartoon is marketed toward young kids, but I think the majority of the demographic watching it are older teens my age, who played the game when they were kids.  Like me!
I loved that game so much...
I wish I could find another copy...I lose mine = /

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

Sounds interesting...
Welcome back Yossy ^^

I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Drakengard is also underrated. >_>

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
I loved that game so much...
I wish I could find another copy...I lose mine = /
Awesome!  Do you watch the saturday morning cartoon??  I know I do.

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
I remember magi-nation the card game was so hard to find...

as for underrated games Gundam : Dynasty Warriors

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
big rigs critic score is 0.4 =( it deserves AT LEAST A 1.5 LOLLLL

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,21196.0.html

This game? O_o
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 86
Jappy's Big Brother
Dude...

YS series.

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,21196.0.html

This game? O_o

ya this game! it's freakin' awesome!!
it's so awesome that even if you're 2nd, it still says ''YOU'RE WINNER'' at the end of the race(no jokes LOLLL)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 08:08:55 PM by HolyQuebec »

Rep:
Level 86
Give him one more.
Romance of the three kingdoms series is seriously underated in the USA
The boys are going out for hookers and ice cream. Is that something you would be interested in?

I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
I'm currently playing Makai Kingdom which is rated less than disgaea 1 & 2 but seriously I think i like more Makai.

I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Alexander pwns.

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
''AssHat'' haha!!

I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
He's still cool! D=

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
bah i'm just at the beggining. i'm like lv 8 or so haha. i don't even get that building crap concept(in battles) so... Ya.. i'm pretty much at the beggining.

I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
And Alexander's still so cool. =D

XDDDD I guess I'm too addicted to him.

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Phantom Brave
Musashi Samurai Legend(Short but fun)
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
I 100% agree with musashi.

If people says it sux, it's because they played Kingdom Hearts JUST before =(
I liked musashi =(

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
Phantom Brave isn't underrated, neither is Makai Kingdom or Disgaea.

On that note I really didn't like Makai. Way too short and lacked the same type of soul as the other NIS games.

I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Yes, Musashi.

Though I hate it that we can't make a move on one of the girls... XD

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
although the one thing that sucked, is that they tried to come up with something ''new'' so they were like ''oh okay guys, let the hero carry a girl'' but damn that was stupid. even more damage when you bash the girl into the ennemies compared to that Katana...

Rep:
Level 97
I really think Happy Feet was a good game, now that was something else

Rep:
Level 87
"Dear diary, jack pot"
Dragon Quest 8, i've seen some places of it underrated before.
Deceased, the memories of time flow ever lasting. Let the passion of the living and the dead touch you, and give you their wisdom.

I'd sooner die than leave your side, I'd sooner rust than let you die.

Wandering Artist
Rep:
Level 86
You got a problem? Fix by yourself.
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
You mean that Dragon Ball-character-like game? It's not so bad but not so good.  A so-so game to me.

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
I found it interresting, but boring after a while.
I belive that the monsters are THAT ugly because of the fact that they(the dq8 team) wanted to keep the originality of monsters(dq1) EVEN if akira designed them on DQ8

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Actually, most of my favorite games are the ones that don't get a lot of recognition.  On the Dreamcast were two RPG's that I loved - Evolution, and Time Stalkers.  Evolution and Evolution 2 were re-released together under the title "Evolution Worlds" not long after the Gamecube came out, but the first game was drastically cut down in size.  The battle interface was really simple, but the attack animations were completely awesome.

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
Never heard of them =( but that's probably because they aren't on ps2 <.<
I got like 40 rpgs on ps2(ya i'm some kind of rpg freak i know xD)

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
I think Evolution Worlds was released on PS2.  But I'd have to double-check on that.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Eternal Eyes.

It was awesome, the only tactical PSX game I ever enjoyed playing (Not including the Final Fantasy series).

Oh yeah, I remember after beating the game, you can replay it with your sister in the party, but if you throw a jewel at her the game crashes.

GG FUCKING FAGGOT
Rep:
Level 88
Lulz.
Oh yeah, I remember after beating the game, you can replay it with your sister in the party, but if you throw a jewel at her the game crashes.

I used to know nothing
Rep:
Level 89
Yes, I completely agree with Tezuka.

And why no one's mentioning Drakengard but me... ;____;

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
Drakengard was pretty nice but it got boring towards the end.

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
Every NEW megaman game.

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
Im not of high quality,more of A odd quality.
Reseructing a dead thread here....
Phantom Dust
I consider it one of the gods of all game.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 03:08:54 AM by knox11 »

Rep:
Level 85
This is MORTRED. the phantom assassin
FINAL FANTASY!
FINAL FANTASY!
SUIKODEN!
SUIKODEN!!
METAL GEAR!
METAL GEAR!
ETC..

THESE GAMES ARE ALWAYS ON OUR MIND AND IN THE COMMERCIALS. THE GAME DEVELOPERS WERE ALWAYS ADVERTISING THEIR BIGGEST GAMES.

SO HOW ABOUT SOME GOOD GAMES THAT WE THINK THEY DIDNT REALLY ADVERTISED OR MADE A NEW SEQUEL?

POST SOME GAMES THAT YOU THINK THAT ARE GOOD BUT YET,

Here is mine:

Like where the hell is the next sequel? its a good game i guess. saddly, it only took for like 2-3 months after they released it.. and then the game died.

Rep:
Level 85

My first RPG game that i played on PS1.. Great story line and the combo attacks..

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Here is mine:

Like where the hell is the next sequel? its a good game i guess. saddly, it only took for like 2-3 months after they released it.. and then the game died.

the game is widely respected as one of the greatest PSOne games ever
I fail to see how it's underrated.

also, SquareEnix has repeatedly stated that there will be NO sequel to Legend of Dragoon.
I agree with this motion.
If they tried to continue milking the game, it wouldn't be as amazing as it is.

My first RPG game that i played on PS1.. Great story line and the combo attacks..

also considered one of the best PSOne games ever.
At least in my opinion.
That one could have gotten more publicity than it did.

Also, dont' double post, there's an 'edit' button
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 12:11:52 PM by NAMKCOR »

Rep:
Level 85

Oh hell yes. Chrono trigger is way better than this game. But i think this game should get good credit too
for a unique gameplay.

Yeah one of the most under rated game.. Even though you go back to level one if you go to a different dungeon..
Well thats where the challenge is. The tamed monster are cool too ^_^
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 07:10:15 PM by ezel »

Rep:
Level 85
Yes that is your opinion. And my opinion.
Legend of Legaia is a good game for us. But not for others.
That is why i am sharing this games to others.
I love legend of legaia too you know  :D  ;D

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
again, please don't double post.

Yeah, I didn't really play much of Chrono Cross, it just seemed to be riding on Chrono Trigger's wake.  The battle system was kinda neat though.

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
Amen to Legend of Legaia, Legend of Dragoon, and Azure Dreams..  Glad to see this community has great taste in video games...

I'm going to add to the list with....

Monster Hunter..

Rep:
Level 85
Yeah. Mystic quest are sooooOO under rated. It was one of the lowest earnings on final fantasy game history. But i think it is a very interesting game..

monster hunter is awesome! cant wait to play the next sequel on PS3 (i heared they are making one). =))

Yeah. Mystic quest are sooooOO under rated. It was one of the lowest earnings on final fantasy game history. But i think it is a very interesting game..

monster hunter is awesome! cant wait to play the next sequel on PS3 (i heared they are making one). =))

Unfortunately Monster Hunter 3 was canceled on the PS3 and is now being made on Wii..

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Apparently nobody but NAMKCOR has any semblance of what an underrated game is. (i.e. Not Super Mario games, not Chrono Cross, no Legend of Dragoon)
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 90
Gyromite
Shatterhand
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Phantom Brave/Makai Kingdom <3

Their always over shadowed by disgaea

Rep:
Level 85
[s][s]twat[/s][/s]
Here is mine:

the game is widely respected as one of the greatest PSOne games ever
I fail to see how it's overrated.

Underrated.

Virtual Hydlide. This game is so bad, it's legendary.
http://billybullshot.blogspot.com

Go here and play my game.

Rep:
Level 98

One of the greatest.

Rep:
Level 85

Rep:
Level 85
Oh man..
I like castlevania but i never heard of circle of the moon.. I guess that one was underrated if it is a good game.
OR I guess im not a good castlevania fan after all  :mex:

Rep:
Level 90
Superman 64 is so bad that it is legendary. Superman gets locked in a virtual world.
community project for RPG Maker VX: http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,33789.0.html

Rep:
Level 97
Flying through floating rings is Superman's greatest super power.

Anyway, I've said this like in every underrated video games thread, but:

Betrayal at Krondor - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betrayal_at_Krondor

Now, it's not actually underrated per se by reviewers, but practically nobody I know has played it, so it classifies as underrated in my books.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
This thread fails because:

Underrated means something that didn't get the attention that it deserved. Therefore, Mario RPG and Castlevania are not underrated.

Overrated means that something got more attention than it deserved. Unfortunately, the topic isn't about overrated games.

Mystic Quest is not in the "Final Fantasy Universe". Square just slapped the Final Fantasy moniker on it to sell more copies.

Legend of Legaia sucked ass.

Rep:
Level 85
Yes, we are talking about some games that didnt get the attention that it deserves.
And post that game that they believe that it is underrated.

hmmm..

In the end, it really depends on the perception and beliefs of every gamer.  :pw:

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Phantom Brave/Makai Kingdom <3

Their always over shadowed by disgaea

Rep:
Level 98
Underrated means something that didn't get the attention that it deserved. Therefore, Mario RPG and Castlevania are not underrated.

Oh so an over looked game in the series totally means it's disqualified just because of the other games, that makes perfect sense.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I didn't say that, but since you want to get into a tiff on the subject, Circle of the Moon wasn't underrated. In fact, it's considered by most to be the best GBA Castlevania.

But seriously, here are some of my underrated games, and I'll tell you a little about why they're underrated:

Wild Arms: Alter Code: F (PS2) -

This game was actually panned by most critics as being stale and not very well done graphically. I was a huge fan of the original game, (the rest in the series sucked pretty bad,) and to see the magnificent story and soundtrack fully realized in 3d was wonderful. It's one of the few console RPGs that I can actually play the whole way through without getting bored.

Dark Law: The Meaning Of Death (SNES) -

While it was only released in Japan, Gideon Zhi of AGTP put out a translation of it a while back. It's technically an RPG, but it has a lot of interactive adventure aspects, pushing it up to the next level of entertainment. A lot of people don't like it, but I find it strangely addictive.

Fusion Frenzy (XBox) -

Critics hate this game. The whole mini/party game genre is usually looked down upon by them, and most of it is justified. I have some great memories of playing this game with my old band in hotel rooms though, and sometimes I wish I could get everyone together to play it again. I never played the sequel, but I've seen some horrible reviews for it as well.

Extermination (PS2) -

Before the days of Metal Gear Solid 2 and other 3rd person formulaic shooters, there was a game called Extermination, where the hero is roaming the halls of an abandoned military base in a violent snowstorm. It was kind of rigid storywise, and these days I don't even think someone would develop or produce this game, but it was pretty sick when it first came out, all those years ago. I think it was the first PS2 game I bought, actually.

Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth (PSX) -

Hoshigami is a tactical strategy game, in the vein of FF Tactics and Disgaea. This game was excellent for its time, utilizing such features as chained attacks, and the ability to literally bounce an enemy back and forth on the battlefield with a succession of attacks. It was very heady stuff at the time, but NIS games came along and rendered it irrelevant.

Solar Jetman (NES) -

Ahh, Solar Jetman. The tales of a space-age treasure hunter trying to amass wealth on a variety of planets. Complete with independent ship and jetpack controls, planetary gravity, and insane difficulty.

Jackal (NES) -

Konami. Jeeps. Four-Way Rockets. Power Metal Soundtrack. I need say no more.

Rep:
Level 85
[s][s]twat[/s][/s]
Solar Jetman was F*CKING MENTAL. Did anyone actually finish that (apart from me)?
http://billybullshot.blogspot.com

Go here and play my game.

Rep:
Level 97
Anyway, this thread is exactly like http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,17320.0.html, so I'm merging them.

Also - another underrated game is Baroque, for the Wii. It's a roguelike and incredibly frustrating and you hate at least the first half hour, but it gets to be a lot of fun I think.

Rep:
Level 85
Man i totally forgot the game hoshigami until you mentioned it hehe. I love that game.

Oh so an over looked game in the series totally means it's disqualified just because of the other games, that makes perfect sense.

While I'm not saying you're wrong Anski, I have to agree with Holk on everything minus the Legend of Legaia part... 

Super Mario RPG is far from underrated as well, it's actually very well received..  Anyone that owned or has/had a friend that owned a SNES pretty much agrees that it was a great game..

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
unless i'm mistaken Dragoon was NOT a square game, it was a Sony first party game. thus it's not up to square if there is a sequel.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
you're right, my bad.
wow I fucked that one up big time.

ok, so, SONY says there'll never be a sequel xD

Rep:
Level 90
The original Batman game for the NES was very underrated, because his clunky abilities and difficulty. It was however great.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
agree, but i dont see it to be underrated.
Also, warrior within. I've seen many sites which put this on like the 3rd worse game (out of 10-to be precise, i saw 4 such sites) or sometimes the 5th or so.

Just because it changes the pace and all. Its bloody, has action and lot of "nudity". I mean, ok, if you don't want to play it atleast dont insult it because it is friggin awesome.
Also, if everyone is critisizing the new style it brings, then you're sure gonna hate Prince of Persia 2008 (though i think making each enemy boss like is 'coral')
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 94
The original Batman game for the NES was very underrated, because his clunky abilities and difficulty. It was however great.

I think I'll have to meet you halfway here. That game was awesome, but I wouldn't call it underrated. It was #2 on the Nintendo Power Charts for a long time, which in those days was pretty much the only judge of popularity for video games. (no internet)

Rep:
Level 88
Fuck You.
I think Final Fantasy 7 is fairly underrated. Cloud is a very deep character who has a very good hair do. The 3D graphics are supreme and they beat most of the other games at the time.

I think that the story is underrated and it should get more publicity.

Rep:
Level 94
I think Final Fantasy 7 is fairly underrated. Cloud is a very deep character who has a very good hair do. The 3D graphics are supreme and they beat most of the other games at the time.

Best post in thread.

Rep:
Level 90

That game is so overrated that it underrates it!

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)

Considering this was made by Quintet (Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma), this should have gotten a lot more recognition than it really did. I loved this game.

Rep:
Level 98

Rep:
Level 97

Just because I'm the only fucker around here who praises it.

Rep:
Level 90
F-Zero GP for GBA

Rep:
Level 96

hi

Rep:
Level 94
Looks like he's going for the 8 ball in the corner pocket with the fluorescent light bulb.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I'd probably be more inclined to play it if he really was.

Rep:
Level 88

hi
I thought this game looked amazing. I havent gotten it yet though.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

YES, YES, A THOUSAND TIMES YES!

I lol'd

Rep:
Level 96
All of them.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Star Wars: Republic Commando great squad based FPS but it sold hardly at all.

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
I really liked all the Tales series, even though Symphonia was the only one that ever got American attention. Destiny 1 and 2 for the ps1 never really sold where I live, and even Symphonia has a minimal amount of understanding players these days.

Other than that, I'd have to say any soccer game ever made, since Americans seem to think football is life. I'm an exception.

Plenty of PS1 games were really underrated, but are really good.

I'll have to say King's Quest eventually. It was popular in its day, but when I mention it at school, people just look at me weird and change the subject.
Two-D programmers and high school freshmen share a common horror: the Z-axis.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Star Wars: Republic Commando great squad based FPS but it sold hardly at all.

Yes i loved  that game and i wanted a 2nd one  when i beat it D:

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY

Great game was great, I beat that when I rented it and got the best ending though, so I saw no reason to buy it.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
Magical Starsign is probably one of the best RPGs on the DS and it's so underrated it hurts

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me

Spoiler for:
That's because it isn't very good.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Final Fantasy Mystic Questttt. I was playing this tonight on my SNES.

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
oh god FF:mystic quest rules

Rep:
Level 84
Ive actually beaten FF:Mystic Quest twice. I'd say its lived up to its role as a beginners RPG; what do you guys think?

Rep:
Level 94
I hated it. It was completely linear, and it had enemy stations on the map, which is a horrid way of leveling up.

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Attractive Female Member2010 Most Unsung Member
Terranigma

No more absured than anything else of the time, fun to play, didn't get tedious at any time.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Turok on he 360 =o

Everyone hates it, but i like it lol <3

I just think it's a solid shooter.

Not only that but Serious Sam If that hasn't been said, that game was great.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
I don't have it. I don't have a lot of games for my Xbox actually. I play most of anything that's cross console on my roomates PS3. He buys everything when it comes out. So, for as long as I'm here, no point in me getting it too. :)

Rep:
Level 84
Psychonauts  ;D

Rep:
Level 97

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Lol, probably is underrated, hell, i don't even know what it is.

Rep:
Level 87
OMFG look!! Text! :D
Jet Set Radio is a whole lot of underrated. I loved the concept they did for the first game and still love it, just wish they did more of it and ported for the pc.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
I loved that game so much. The soundtrack was also amazing.

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
Hell fucking yeah. JSRF was amazing.

Also underrated: Realms of Everquest: Champions of Norrath