RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Project Blademasters (NEED NEW TITLE)

Rep:
Level 87
OMFG look!! Text! :D
Project Blademasters (NEWS)

April 11th 2008:
A poll has been added to have player and developer opinion on what would you like to see on the Demo. Screenshots will become available this week. Voting on the poll will last until next Friday.

April 8th 2008:
Renamed the game. The new game title is "Chronicles of the Sword: Odin's Guard". Since it relates to the story and it's content, I think this is the most appropriate title to use. Although Project Blademasters will still be the name of the Project, not the actual Final Release.

+Added Spoiler tags to prevent stretching the post too much.

+Also Now recruiting and eventer to make cutscenes.

Spoiler for Old Updates:
April 4th 2008:
Looking for people that want to help out pulling this off. Alpha testing will start when i get a small demo done.

March 31st 2008:
Blademasters needs a new title, I am currently working on getting a new name, but any suggestion is very welcome.

Planning on doing a demo soon. (!!)

Features:

-Scripts (For now, more will be added):
    - Pixel Movement
    - Custom Menu System
    - Quest Log System
    - Custom Side-View Battle System
    - Equipment Ability Learn System (You learn abilities depending on the equipment you have on.)
    - Passive Skills
    - Mode 7 Script (Pondering in using.)
    - Individual Skill system (Black mage has Black Magic, Warrior Has Swrd Tech, you know.)

-Huge Storyline following my Manga Story.
-12 Playable characters, each with their own unique skills and personality.
-Easter Eggs and Side-quests.

Meet the Crew

People involved in the project and their positions:

Zeldrak - Original Concept, Story and Characters. (AKA Producer)
Ivy-Mitsuno - Assistant Producer
NAMKCOR Scripter (from rmrk.net)
RECRUITING Mapper
RECRUITING Spriter
RECRUITING Eventer

Who are we recruiting?

Reffer to the MEET THE CREW Section on this post. Just above.

What's This all About?

Now for the part where i explain a bit of the story.

Spoiler for Prologue:
The story takes place in a fantasy world where a war raged for 20 years. This war was fought fiercely between the 4 nations of Terra: Valkyria, Titania, Eteria and Damascia. Each nation had to protect their territory from the other 3, resulting on constant battles for strategic positions. Each kingdom had a Guardian, who called themselves "Odin's Guard", each one bearing a Sword of ethereal power to the Chosen of the Kingdom. The swords would mutate according to the chosen's fighting style, thus proving to be the ultimate weapon. In the last stand of the 4 Kingdoms, when no soldiers were left with the will to fight for their Kingdom, the Champions proceeded to create a Peace Treaty among their kingdoms. With the approval of their Kings, Terra returned to peace, and the Swords of the Champions were Imprisoned in their respective kingdoms, kept hidden from the population for centuries.

But now, Titania prepares to rise from their once former glory, when none was prepared. And while peace ruled over Terra, we turn to Valkyria, the Holy Kingdom of the Goddess Valkyrie, and to our heroes, who's journey will begin with a surprise.

A tale of swords and souls, eternally retold... (NOT) Blademasters is based on Norse and Japanese Mythology. Set in a fantasy (based on middle ages, and such) world, like most RPG's, I wanted to give my own interpretation of a good rpg, and what not to do. Clichés cannot be avoided, as it would be boring not to have them, although they're not so repetitive like in most games and stories. "Hero needs to save princess/world from utter chaos caused by X villain." That's always the base story of most stories. Even though the small story above seems to give out that idea, major plot twists and a lot of stuff is going to happen, so i do hope to make a game that's not like any other you've played so far.

The Cast

Zeldrak Agastos Soshiro
Spoiler for Character Bio:
Ocupation: Delivery Boy (Upon arrival to Valkyria)
Description: The last person you'd thought would be a hero in Terra would be a simple delivery boy with an attitude to get in trouble. He is a laid back person, without worries. Living alone in a small house in Valkyria, he dreams of becoming a Bushido one day.

Siegfried Rudora
Ocupation: Squire / Traveller / Enchanter
Description: Searching for the truth behind his unknown childhood, being left as a baby to the care of a band of Thieves, he was raised as one of them but soon became aware of his rightful place in society. Sieg is travelling around the Kingdoms searching for information that might lead to his past and, eventually, his family. Upon arriving to Valkyria, he goes to the palace to request entry into the royal library to search for evidence.

Tsuta Valkira Namigari (Ivy)
Ocupation: Princess / Magician
Description: The Damzel who is not in distress. She is the princess of Valkyria and the 2nd in line to the throne. With strict discipline of never being able to leave the palace, she dreams day and night of travelling the world to learn the wonderful things the world has to offer. Although not resembling one, she is a very talented magician who can use both fire magic and healing powers at will.

Zaiden Valkira Namigari, the 3rd
Ocupation: Swordsman / Prince
Description: The heir to the throne of Valkyria and Tsuta's elder brother, he sets a role model for aspiring knights. Although he may not look like it, he doesn't like to be Prince. He hates courtesy, preferring to be on the battlefield and remaining only to protect what's most important to him, her sister. Hot-headed when comes to battle, yet calm in personal affairs and obligations, his sence of justice prevails no matter what.

Zack Fairfield
Description: A mysterious character linked with Rudora's (The Thieves' Guild) past. He has a strange power that allows him to transform into something that few people lived to see. Although he appears young, Zack is much older that he looks. An experiment in which he was used as a test subject turned him into what he is now. But for how long has he been like this? Seeking the help of Rudora once again, he swears to find the cure for his curse, and to put an end to his fate.

Lean Rudora
Description: Lean was one of the few that the Rudora Guild took care of when one of the nearby towns got destroyed by a wildfire. Lean learned to take care of herself, and to protect others when in need. She's a very outgoing person, and she enjoys the company of others. Although being a pervert sometimes, she's Zeldrak's closest childhood friend, and sees him as a younger brother. Going after Zeldrak to deliver him an inportant message from the guild, Lean finds Zack on the way.

Aidan Adelbern
Description: Aidan is one of the 4 existing heirs to the Odin's Guard legacy. He was raised by nobles from Damascia. Being the heir to such a powerful title, Aidan cannot clear his conscience because of both the war and his rightful place in history. He sets out to Eteria on a diplomatic journey when he crosses paths with an old friend, later leading him to a deserted city, devastated by the war. What will he find there?

Richard Lich Drachenheart (Ricky)
Description: Richard had always been the center of attentions, and got up the ranks to Captain by own merit. Being a prestigious person, his sense of duty lies firm, and his loyalty to the throne unmatched. However, when things get out of hand, and loyalty is questioned, who will he end up raising his sword against?

NEW!
Fuu Uindö
Description: A traveler of many mysteries, Fuu is a young girl who has a rare ability: to control the Wind. As she goes on her travels, rumors of a thief with the same ability she has are heard around town, and Fuu is charged with the task of cleaning her name on the streets by finding out the mystery behind the robberies.

The World

The world of Terra is divided into 4 main continents, each of these sharing names with their capitals.

Titania: The kingdom of the Mountains, home of the Earth god Sarutahiko and the goddess Freya. This country is filled with earthly beauty, from trees to mountains, it's natural environment is the most beautiful in Terra.
It's capital is based on oriental arquitecture of the Chinese Imperial Dynasties.

Valkyria: The Kingdom of the Skies, home of the goddess Valkyria and the storm god Susanoo. This continent has crystaline water and a "Ancient Babylon" feel to it. With its capital near the great Umi (ocean), it is the main city for commerce and international trade. Its streets full of people everyday, and forests surrounding the great capital make this the perfect merchant attraction. Bird-like humanoids called Avian reside in this continent.

Eteria: The Kingdom of the Eternal Flame, home of the god Amaterasu and Forseti. This continent is home of the most specialized warriors in Terra, and their capital is the hardest to get to. Eteria (the capital) is surrounded by mountains, and the only way to get there is through Air, and a tunnel which connects the outer regions of the continent to the capital.

Damascia: The Kingdom of Water, home of the goddess Tsukuyomi and Baldur. This continent bears a post-war crisis. After the terrible war that affected all of Terra, Damascia cannot regain their lost lands. A continent that was once the most beautiful region on Terra for it's miracle water and prosperous economy is now a desert. The desert of Damascia, as now called, is home to a race of lizardmen called Torgal who live among the remaining humans of the kingdom. With mutual respect, these creatures do not have a sovereign and do not pledge allegiance to no one.

These are only some of the heroes, I plan to put a description of all of them here (12 in total).

Major help needed to support this :D As I can only work on putting everything together.

If you think you can help, read above on the recruiting section.

Screenshots Coming (REALLY!) Soon.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 11:45:31 AM by Zeldrak »

Rep:
Level 88
Paradoxial failboats are cool.
1000x1000 world map? That should be interesting, but can you really fill up the whole thing without too much empty space?
If you can, I want to try out this game if you finish it.
The day and night system must also be interesting..
Good luck with your project, I can't wait to try your first demo.
The message below is false.
The message above is true.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
It looks very interesting. I can't wait for a demo.

Rep:
Level 87
Updated character descriptions, Added Lean Rudora.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Nice, she looks cool  8)

Also, your avatar looks good. I've always liked Lloyd, even though he's a total idiot :P. You draw it yourself?

Rep:
Level 87
it was in the avatar gallery, i wish i could draw this good lol.

Rep:
Level 86
Hell Blade © 2008, All Rights Reserved
Nice game, can't wait for the demo.

Rep:
Level 86
This part of me, I choose not to see.
Sounds good, I like Zack's character description, though it kinda reminds me of what I've heard of Vincent Valentine (never played FF7... I'm so ashamed  ;9 :'()
Lean is an odd name...it'd be a pretty cool contradiction if she was chubby :P.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 01:21:01 AM by SorceressKyrsty »

Rep:
Level 87
Heads up: UPDATE coming through!

Seems that the story will be changed significantly. Why? Because i've been doing my reserch on mythology and I have found a lot of cultural reference i will be using to get this game done, along eith my manga series.

If anyone has any interesting ideas they'd like to poit out here, feel free to do so. I am open to any and all suggestions :D

Rep:
Level 87
major updates regarding the game on the first post.

Rep:
Level 87
fully updated post with all the new info added, planning for a demo soon.

Rep:
Level 86
I really like the new artwork, Zeldrak. You're know on of my inspirationists... ;D is that a word? Lol.
It's seriously awesome. I'll definantly play the demo when it comes out.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 12:36:08 PM by SorceressKyrsty »

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, that's a really unique and cool way to make facesets. I like it a lot and am looking forward to a demo.

Rep:
Level 86
Hey, since I seem to be the only one to point this out.... you spelt test "tewst" in Zack's description lol.