RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
@yuyubabe:

It looks nice and I've always liked the idea of drawing backgrounds, but they're really a pain to use because of the layer management.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Thank you! :-) I'm glad it looks ok!

They're really a pain to use because of the layer management.

It really is. ;9 Right now I'm trying a lazy method. I was thinking that if I use some RPG maker-style graphics, it might keep some consistency. I've drawn in some dark lines to try and make them look more "cartoon-like", as well as making the colors stronger and the patterns a bit weaker.

Spoiler for:
This is the size at 100%, I'm still going for bigger graphics. :p

Credit: Celianna and Lunarea for the original RPG-Maker tileset images :)

I don't know if its an improvement to my other attempt or not, but its easy and might just work with the art style. =o
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 01:01:04 AM by yuyubabe »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
That grafiks looks really cool.  :strike2:
I like this cell shading look of your grafiks, great work. :)

And there is a simple small house from my current project called "Haus Des Helden" or "The Heros House".  ;D

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・

@Miriam
The screenshots look nice, but I can help but feel that the room is a bit cramped and small. Also, the cupboard looks out of place, why not put it against a wall?

@Yuyubabe
That looks really nice! I'm sure it'll blend with Celianna's tiles nicely :)
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
@Miriam
The screenshots look nice, but I can help but feel that the room is a bit cramped and small. Also, the cupboard looks out of place, why not put it against a wall?
Thanks so far. :)
You mean I should put the whole thing one line up to the wall, right?
But thanks that helps me by improving my work. ;)

pokeball OwlOffline
Rep:
Level 73
RMRK Junior
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)
Couple of screens of my current project. Working on a dark forest. Removed lighting to get a clearer look at how it looks, but this place is going to be darker ingame.
Spoiler for:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Did you make that stuff?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

pokeball OwlOffline
Rep:
Level 73
RMRK Junior
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)
Mostly, yes.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 10:31:01 AM by Owl »

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior

Rep: +0/-0Level 40
Chronically Spontaneous
I've just looked at the first and last pages of this thread, and then realised I've been drooling.
I'll never be able to map like that :_;

I'll post a screenie of my first map once its finished - I've got the basic layout down, but it's severely lacking in detail at the moment.

Be gentle with me when I do...

*EDIT*
First map more or less complete. It still needs work, but I kinda suck :P

I'm aware that it's pretty big and spread out, but there are reasons for that:
1. It's a hamlet. Is that the right word? It's not quite a village, just a very small group of people who happen to live near each other. The kind of small village you don't get these days D:
2. It will grow over the course of the game. Eventually it's going to be a densely populated city.

Beyond that, constructive criticism is welcome, of course ^^
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 06:37:02 PM by Space »
Spoiler for Current Project:
Chrononauts V: The Time Between Moments
[Working Title]
The first and final game in the epic Chrononauts series

Survived the kraaken and weeaboos. No power at home. Back when I learn to fix the electricity.

Rep:
Level 60
Creativity is all I have.

To Be Continued

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
What's that supposed to be? All I can see is something with a slime-head, no arms and granny-bosoms.

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising ProjectParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
Tinkering around with a secondary game (science-fantasy detective genre mixed with horror) when I am not working on the Door of Zosha. To make sure I had the necessary tilesets and sprites to do a futuristic game, I sketched up one room of the main character's apartment.

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Dammit Exhydra  :'( That looks great!

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising ProjectParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
Dammit Exhydra  :'( That looks great!

Thankee, thankee.  :o

Meandering back to the Door of Zosha, I have been using First Person Labyrinth Explorer as a make-shift 3D editor to create a battle background for the dungeon area. Does anyone have some good (and free) texture sites I could visit? I am not particularly happy with the ceiling texture, but I cannot find anything much better. I also need to decorate the corridor, but I am fairly happy with the results thus far.

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Just a simple deserted forest village with Mack's Tileset.
Spoiler for:
Whaddya think?

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Needs a lot more trees, especially on the left side.

Needs a lot more trees, especially on the left side.
yeah, I need to add more greenery in general (bushes, plants) but yeah, especially since it is abandoned.
anyway, thanks!

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
The roof of the bottom house looks a little wonky to me. I think it's a limitation of the tileset, though.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

The roof of the bottom house looks a little wonky to me. I think it's a limitation of the tileset, though.
Yeah, I was trying to make more not-square like houses, but I'll work on it. :lol:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Mack's stuff is pretty cool. (:

Lately, I've been experimenting with Celianna's tilesets, to see if they work better for me. =o (Minus the roofs, which were RTP edits).

Spoiler for Just a small screenie:
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Mack's stuff is pretty cool. (:

Lately, I've been experimenting with Celianna's tilesets, to see if they work better for me. =o (Minus the roofs, which were RTP edits).

Spoiler for Just a small screenie:
I dig it  :P

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
I'm rather fond of Celianna's tiles myself. I think there were a few in some of the screenshots I posted a few pages back.

I like that image, though. Seems like a very quaint little settlement. :)

Anyway, I was kind of playing around with building a sort of introductory sequence, but I've yet to really settle on something I'd like. I don't think this particular map will make it into the final game, but I thought it looked cool for what it's worth. The location itself is called The Eye. Basically, it's a metaphysical realm wherein all magic convenes.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot the attachment.

There are small stars over the actual pillars, I would think they should be behind them? :P

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
Ah, the little sparkly things? They're not actually stars, rather they're a weather effect. In game, they kind of slowly float upward before disappearing. I thought it really added to the mystical feel of the area.