RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep: +0/-0Level 40
Ah, the little sparkly things? They're not actually stars, rather they're a weather effect. In game, they kind of slowly float upward before disappearing. I thought it really added to the mystical feel of the area.
That sounds lovely :lol:

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
Against all logic, I've finally reached the point where I can begin seriously working on my game. I have a few areas made so far, but I'm particularly fond of this particular map, dubbed Rivenstone Keep. It's an overcrowded prison wherein your character has the misfortune of being incarcerated at the start of the game.

I still consider it a work in progress since I've yet to add some of the finer details (work has been a tremendous drain on my time and energy), but on a technical level it's finished.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: And true to my style, I somehow overlooked a glaring error, this time in the form of the base of the platform with the stairs. There should be a wooden beam on either side.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 07:49:03 AM by Ryosis »
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
An early screenshot for my Digimon game. What do you guys think?  :)
(It's not complete yet, i've got to clean up the white outlines of the Garudamon image there as you can see~)

« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 03:30:22 PM by AbsoluteIce »
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 71
Super Maker
Nice Pokemon Ace Game Ice and that sig was creepy. I just saw it but I responded in my sig.
The Maker of Battle Dungeons!!

Spoiler for Big ass signature, bro:
AbsoluteIce I finally say your Sig.

Get by 20 attack Dogs...seriously. I got 20 attack Dogs.

*Your signature was raped changed for taking up too much room.
~Sincerely, a staff member. That is all you need to know. That, and I am no one to be trifled with.

Rep:
Level 69
New footage of the commercial version of Save your Mother.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnQ6mqo3XQQ

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
Nice Pokemon Ace Game Ice and that sig was creepy. I just saw it but I responded in my sig.
It's.. a Digimon game D':
Also, my sig is supposed to show each person's individual account name. You see my sig, your username will popup. Yuyubabe sees my sig, her name will popup. It's just a code, so don't be alarmed. :3

@Drbigt
I like the message system, but why don't you put the textbox above? I can't see the characters. :c
I like the art of the characters though ;o;
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 04:27:56 PM by AbsoluteIce »
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
Heretic's Vehicles XP (Boat and Magic Carpet)

Heretic's Collection XP Ver 2.3 - Updated to include Dynamic Lighting, Moving Platforms, Vehicles, and much much more!

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
I forget how nice the RTP tiles can look if you know what you're doing with them. Excellent map, Heretic. My only gripe is that there are one to many signs. I think the upper sign (the one on the edge of the tallt grass) can be replaced with something. A tree with its branches hanging over the path would look nice, I think.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

Rep:
Level 70
RMRK Junior
/agree that does look a little off.

Of course you can always go check out the whole map itself if you want.  Its in the "Collection" over in scripts.

Its part of a Full Playable Map.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 09:58:53 AM by Heretic86 »
Heretic's Vehicles XP (Boat and Magic Carpet)

Heretic's Collection XP Ver 2.3 - Updated to include Dynamic Lighting, Moving Platforms, Vehicles, and much much more!

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox

A pretentious game about suicide.
(wip)

Rep: +0/-0Level 62
@Irock: The game looks interesting, depending on how it goes. Do you do all the artwork yourself? The use of Black & White to represent the lack of excitement in a depressive mind is well done. After sifting through your posts, it's obvious that you like to deal with dark themes. Do you have a topic for this depression game? I was unable to find it after a small search.

Since I just released my old RMXP game, Enex2, I figured I'd post some of my screenshots here to, if I'm lucky, accrue some attention.

Here is a picture of the pristine Fimbeln Glacis. While the marshy Ninurta Stagnants lie at it's the feet, the putrefaction and rot of that area are unable to reach this frozen mountain. It always snows here, and a small village is nestled upon the mountain. There have been some rumors of cult activity within the village, but nothing conclusive, especially seeing as how a temple honoring the ancient hero, Rekkesh, is in the village.

Part of the Fimbeln Glacis area mentioned earlier, here is a reflex based minigame where you must cross a gaping chasm. Your mage has managed to create a delicate ice bridge. Of course, constructing the ice bridge is very difficult, and cannot be made perfectly. As such the blocks tend to be a.. scattered. If you step on the ice bridge, the slipperyness will cause you to constantly be moving forward, so don't slip off! Theo can blow gusts of win at you to make you do a Jump up, right, left, or down 2 spaces. The reason the bridge appears to be missing the south block to get your character over there, is that as you step on a block it melts very shortly after, causing you unable to jump backwards and forwards over and over again to think for a bit.

One of the dungeon challenges that you will get roped into. The crystals will glow red, causing a steam of fire to flow across the field. You have to see which crystals glow red to know where the fire will be next and then get out the way before it roasts you!

Deeper in the Fimbeln region lies a frozen cave with magma running through it. How does the ice remain unmelted? Some say it may have something to do with the strange rumors of a particularly vicious haunt dwelling in the cave. Some claim it some strange phantasm of fire, while others claim it has an ice like affinity. Other say there are, in fact, TWO wretched spirits living in the cave.

Basically a blue line runs across the tile of ice blocks. You can only step on where the blue line went, if you step elsewhere, you will crack through the ice and fall into deadly magma!

If interested, click the image in my signature to check it out / Download + Play it.

Enex: The Hero's Shadow, a game which boasts past 40 hours of gameplay!

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Very nice! But the tall grass on the right hand side by the yellow flower is too straight :P

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Im really into mapping forests right now..
Spoiler for:
I was forced to put alot of events in this one to make it work, so tell me if you see any errors I've missed.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
That's beautiful! Well done.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox

Rep:
Level 57
RMRK Junior
I needed some motivation to get back to Rpg maker so I made a map for this contest : Farm contest map

Inspired by Dwarf Fortress and Rune Factory.
It's a moss cave farm.

Rule of the contest : use only RTP or Celianna on a farm theme.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
I really like that! The cave contrasts really well with the farm and I love the colors. Nice!

Rep:
Level 102

Meditation

The Land of Artistry

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
I've been getting into PC88 stuff, so I started a project that's designed to look and feel a lot like a PC-8801 game:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
That looks cool. :D
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 38
RMRK Junior
Here's a preliminary version of my heroes' home base: http://lightningtopaz.deviantart.com/art/Moongem-Grotto-Test-4-452900499

Took me four tries, but I'm pretty proud of this. all it's missing is the leader's harp hanging on the wall

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
(Pssst! Image tags might help you out!) Like this: [img]your image url goes here[/img]

Anyway, from your image here:

I can see a couple of things that look just a bit off. ;o

-I'm a little confused by the walls in the middle of the room. They look like they are intended to be used with some form of roofing of their own, or something.
-The crystals by the door are cut off at the bottom because they are intended to be 2 squares tall, instead of one.
-There's a lot of colorful things on the floor and some of them seem a bit out-of-place. Maybe having some more greenery breaking through the cracks would work, instead? :)
-I think you used a wall graphic for the flooring. ;9

All in all, it's not half-bad, my friend!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 12:37:50 AM by Queen yuyubabe »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 38
RMRK Junior
Thanks--I was trying to create different "rooms",  and that was the first thing to come to mind

The greenery is a cool idea, I may look into that.

The gems are on the floor because I couldn't think of a way to put them in the wall (as I envisioned it in a few stories involving these characters) and not having it look weird.

I wanted to try a "natural" looking cave floor, and that was my solution--although I'm open to better flooring!