RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Supernatural elements

Adolf Christ
Rep:
Level 88
Is this the Second Coming, or the Fourth Reich?
Why would two people with at least an ocean of space between them who hardly even know eachother that well imagine the same exact thing?

1) You described feeling some paranoia, which just happens sometimes. We've all experienced the same thing.

2) You never described seeing anything.

3) The image of a demon as a red-skinned monster is a popular one in our culture.

Rep:
Level 88
3) The image of a demon as a red-skinned monster is a popular one in our culture.

It also explains why you both saw it, you're simply expecting it. I see a man in a jacket with a hat low enough to intimidate me. Sometimes he's carrying a knife... oh wait... it isn't a vision...

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Looks like a negro.

The skin colour is Brownish red, like Clay.  The ear has no outer wall, just flat, the jaw more pronounced and K9, The eye's larger than that of a Human... It has no  horns or doesn't have goat like legs...

Info on them:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genie

[edit] Jinn in Islam
Muslims believe that jinn are real beings. The jinn are said to be creatures with free choice, made of smokeless fire by God (the literal translation being "subtle fire", i.e., a fire which does not give itself away through smoke), much in the same way humans were made of clay. In Islam, Satan is commonly believed to be a jinn, but he is believed to be an angel in Christianity and Judaism. (Angels have restricted free choice, and satan exploited this in front of God. See Shaitan). In the Qur'an, jinn are frequently mentioned and Sura 72 of the Qur'an named Al-Jinn is entirely about them. Another Sura (Al- Naas) mentions the Jinn in the last verse. In fact, it is mentioned in the Qur'an that Muhammad was sent as a prophet to both "humanity and the jinn."

The jinn have communities much like human societies: they eat, marry, die, etc. They are invisible to humans, but they can see humans. Sometimes they accidentally or deliberately come into view or into contact with humans. Jinn are believed to live much longer than humans.

Jinn are beings much like humans, possessing the ability to be good and bad. An "Ifrit" is a type of strong and powerful jinn. Evil or malicious jinn are called "Marid" usually they're malicious due to their feeling they have been usurped by humans, example "Shaitan". To protect oneself against evil jinn, Muslims say the Arabic phrase,"Bismillahi! Allahumma inna 'audhu bika minal khubthi wal khabaa'ith", or another dhikr.[1] Jinn have the power to transform into other animals and humans, and they are known to prefer the form of a snake. It is also known that they eat bones and their animals eat droppings, that is why it is forbidden to perform Istinja (washing) with those items. Jinns also have the power to possess humans, have much greater strength than them, and live much longer lives. In fact, according to some hadith, the great-grandson of Iblis, or the Devil (who was born before mankind), converted to Islam during the time of Muhammad, so he must have been thousands of years old. According to the majority of Islamic scholars, Qur'an states that the Devil was not an angel (which is believed by Christians), but a jinn who was given a higher honour and rank than angels.[2] According to Islam, angels are different physical beings,made from light and unlike the fiery nature of jinn, they are beings of goodness and cannot choose to disobey God since they do not posses free choice as humans and jinn, nor do they possess the ability to do evil.

In Islam, the jinn were said to be controllable by magically binding them to objects, as Suleiman (Solomon) most famously did.

It is said that one could kill a jinn with the Inwa, a manner of throwing the stone of a fruit so hard so it could, in fact, kill something. The jinn's power of possession was also addressed in the Nights. It is said that by taking seven hairs out of the tail of a cat that was all black except for a white spot on the end of its tail, and then burning the hairs in a small closed room with the possessed, filling their nose with the scent, this would release them from the spell of the jinn inside them.

Evil beings from among the jinn are roughly equivalent to the demons of Christian lore. In mythology, jinn have the ability to possess human beings, both in the sense that they persuade humans to perform actions, and like the Christian perception of demonic possession.

It could be that the reason those with out faith of firm beliff in God feel they are being watch buy the Djinn / Jinn as they wish to posses them.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 06:08:21 PM by landofshadows »

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 88
I've had a jar of carmex fly off my television nearly stricking me in the head. This was around the time grandfather passed. It happened more than once........there have been several other unexplainable strange shit too.

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
I believe that every supernatural element has an scientific explanation. Maybe there were dragons. We do have birds, they look like flying hairy snakes. People thought using a hunk of metal with wheels could magically carry us around for hundreds of km. But it wasn't magic, it was science. Supernatural events, if true, have something to do with science, we just haven't found the science part yet.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
metalcore loving gay pride christian
We do have birds, they look like flying hairy snakes.

Ah, yes, the Legless Furred Duck. If you're lucky you can feed them some bread at a pond.

People thought using a hunk of metal with wheels could magically carry us around for hundreds of km. But it wasn't magic, it was science.

Contrary to popular opinion, people who lived longer than 100 years ago were not retarded. People from antiquity were masters of mechanics and would probably have begged to look at the engine of a car instead of running away and screaming "MAGIC!" If you showed it to anyone from a later era who wasn't a dirt-grubbing peasant the worst you could say about them was that they were being too close-minded: the first thing they'd think of would be the military advantages of such a device, and then they'd ask if it came from Greece or a Muslim country.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 10:54:30 AM by Saladin »

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
Supernatural events, if true, have something to do with science, we just haven't found the science part yet.

The Supernatural part could be in it's self science... Things we see could be creatures that move in a different dimension other than our own, and we only catch fleeting glimpses of them, from our periffiaul view or minds eye.

Most things have particals and structure of some sort.  Light it's self has particals, I mean plants feed from it.  I don't see why people find it hard to think that once we die our energy is released and we simply change form rather than blink into nothing.

One day I hope Science does manage to prove there is more to lives than what we see in front of us... Once they do that I will be the first out burning Bibles... LOL

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I had no idea there was a thread like this! Here is my own sighting of a UFO (I'm not saying it was of extraterrestial origin, but it is something I have only seen once, and I had no idea what it could be).  A few months ago, before Christmas, I was sitting in my room at night, and there were virtually no lights on, so I had a good view of the sky.  I watched as a "plane" flew out from the horizon, coming in my direction, it was your typical one light red, one light white plane, and I just watched it because it was the only thing that was moving in the night sky.  After a couple of seconds, the one white light changed to red, and now there were two red lights.  I am a bit of a UFO buff, and once this happened I opened my window to see if I could hear it, and I started watching it very closely.  After about 10 more seconds, both of these red lights turned blue.  Now, I have never seen a plane with a blue light on it where I live, and I still heard no sound as it was close to me, at this point I realised I might just not be watching a plane anymore, because up until now it could probably be explained away, but this was too strange.  When it got near my house (near as in 1000 feet), it started to turn to my left, and I saw a THIRD blue light, it was now a "black" triangle against the night sky, and I use the term black loosely, because the sky was black, this thing was a void, I couldn't see the third light before because it was litteraly invisible against this solid void.  Now, if a plane was this close I would hear it very loudly, but all I heard was a low humming, and as it turned the three blue lights turned white, then they all turned red, (this happened very quickly) and any speed it had been using up until this point had been nothing, as it had taken about 30 seconds to get to where it was in the sky. In a fraction of a second it went to my left, and out of my view, across almost all the sky I could see, leaving only a trail of red light.  Any insight into what this could have been will be appreciated, and I would like to talk more on this subject.  I have been told I am a bit paranoid, but paranoi is (or was, not sure if this still stands) as the "state of heightened awareness".  I would like to talk about anyhthing on the topic of extraterrestrials. 

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
Triangle ship...I sort of of remember something like that when I was three. I was at a party which took place in my dad's friend's backyard, which was a night. I was holding those sparkly firework things and my hand really started to hurt, around my wrist. This was quite odd cause my other hand, which was holding another sparkly firework thing, was not hurting at all. My wrist hurt so much that I dropped the firework thing. I looked up to see a plane. It was weird cause the plane was of a triangle shape with red, white, and blue lights. These lights kept changing colours and it looked really weird. I ran inside and held my wrist as the intensity grew. My mother rushed to me and told me not to hold that sparkly thing again. After a few minutes the pain stopped and found the sky clear. It may be similar to your triangle plane.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Perhaps...  I don't think it was a natural electrical phenomena though, which is what it will probably be explained as.  I am a little (hell, a lot more than a little) interested in alien life.  Anyone who wants to talk about it, anything from rambling UFO encounters that you made up just now, to what crashed in Roswell, Zeta Reticulans and Din-Gir, feel free to PM me.

Holier then Jesus.
Rep:
Level 87
Alot of enchounters can be explained as military test flights imagination or a person playing a trick on you.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Alot of enchounters can be explained as military test flights imagination or a person playing a trick on you.
A lot of encounters can be explained as military test flights, your own imagination or another person playing a trick on you.
(translated for those who can't read bad spelling)
I am sure it wasn't a military test flight, as I am nowhere near a military base, I know it wasnt another person playing a trick on me, because the only people around were my parents, and they were in the basement, and I don't think I imagined it.

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
I know my wasn't a military thing or some trick. I live deep in Toronto and there is no military base. I couldn't have been a trick cause my cousins can't fly. Plus, i asked my dad and he said it probably a plane.

Holier then Jesus.
Rep:
Level 87
I did not mean it to explain your situations but what others have come out to be

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I have never read an account of it being someone playing a trick on you, and rarely is a flying saucer from a military base, and if it IS from a military base, then that just raises further questions.  Also, you live in Toronto?  I live in London, I'm not too far from you.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
Can't remember if I've posted here, but...

Regarding Intelligent UFO's and Aliens:

While it would be difficult to tell the thought patterns of different self aware beings, there are a few things we can speculate on; One that due to (in most, predictable situations) the rarity of life within the universe (every 100 light years there will be a planet in the same, life nursing situation as Earth, not that this says anything on life forming on those planets) and relatively the unpredictability of interstellar travel technology, we can take two main ideas;

One, if a shortcut technology is not capable (wormhole travel, possibly something like hyperspace) then we have to assume that any visitors have traveled a long way to see us, and they would not come here to simply probe us, if alien life has traveled a few hundred years in stasis to get here, they would definitely make it a public affair when they arrive (other wise there would be no point in taking such a trip).

Or two; if a shortcut technology does exist, then traveling in long distance would be pointless without this technology, and they would be truly devolved tech-wise enough (as wormholes turn all things into energy and requires something to reform that energy at the other side, rather then simply going into one) to not be detected by us at all if they did visit and experiment.

If an alien comes to earth, they would be either so technologically advanced that we would never detect them, or they would be here to say hi to all. I don't feel any abduction, or sighting has to do with anything abnormal and has a rational explanation.

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
I believe there is live in the universe but we keep "missing each other." Humans will be around for only about 1 to 2 thousand more years. Comparing that to the time the earth has been around, we are a few seconds compared to the 6 billion years of the earth. So, we have only 2 seconds to find life or to be found by other life. Since life does not spring up at once, we miss other life. It is like when we are alive we ask around," Is anyone there?" No one answers. Then we die out, and some other life another planet asks, "Is anyone out there?" And then they out. I think it is rare that we will be able to communicate and interact with living aliens.

When the dawn breaks...
Rep:
Level 88
...tonight will be just another memory.
Interesting theory.

*Should say something intelligent here but doesnt* :=:

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
One, if a shortcut technology is not capable (wormhole travel, possibly something like hyperspace) then we have to assume that any visitors have traveled a long way to see us, and they would not come here to simply probe us, if alien life has traveled a few hundred years in stasis to get here, they would definitely make it a public affair when they arrive (other wise there would be no point in taking such a trip).
I highly doubt that it would be a public affair, for a number of reasons.  I will go into further detail later.

OMG!! IVE RUN OUT OF EYELINER!!!
Rep:
Level 88
More man than everyone here put together.
If there were aliens, with technology to travel here, then you'd have to assume they would have studied how we act, reason etc. and concluded that if they made their presence known, most likely the humans would attempt to irradicate their species and disect any body they might find.

So in conclusion, why bother?
The opposite of intelligence is not stupidity, it's patriotism.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
The last time the Earth thought aliens were here, in an Orson Wells (sp?) radio play of war of the worlds, it only mentioned it was fake at the beginning, and people didn't realise that.  needless to say there was MASS rioting, looting and chaos.  Think the american government would now say "hey there are aliens, we've known for years"?  no.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I've never seen one like that. Or taken a good picture. I did hear one a few nights ago that sounded like a jet going at the speed of sound. I looked out the winow and didn't see anything.

And you've probably seen this one.
Spoiler for:
I think it's government.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I have no idea what that is Irock, you must seem to think that it is the one famous UFO picture or something.  I have seen hundreds upon hundreds of UFO pictures, so exuse me if I don't know that one.  :)

Rep:
Level 88
I AM THAT IS.
Simple things can look like UFO things.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I won't let this die.  ask me some questions, or ramble on about your theories.  but don't let the topic die.