RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Supernatural elements

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
Well I have had alot of freaky stuff happen to me int he past 6-7 years.
Including Ghost's, UFO's, and Time Portals.... honest... These are my stories...

UFO's
1. My first encounter with a UFO thing was when I was 13.
   My room was arranged so my bed was facing the window.
  And I was lying on my bed listning to my music at night so it was dark and then the    curtain just light up like a car had its lights shining on my window and there was a sound of a plane sort of. Like a 747 but not as loud. That was my first UFO encounter.

2. 2 years later I was at a mates house when I heard the sound again, a group of us were bouncing on the trampoline at night. So I freaked and ran inside... The others said they didn't see anything but they did hear it.

3. The night after the above it was just me and my mate and we were on his BasketBall court when I heard the sound once more, this time I didn't run because I wanted to see if I could work out what that sound was... then I saw it. It was a UFO moving across the sky not very fast but still fast enough. I rushed over to my bag where I had my camera and took this photograph.

4. Not me but a mate of mine was walking through the park at bout 10 at night, and he saw a group of people (probably goths knowing our park) all in a group starign upward. he went over and asked what was up (lol PUN) and they just pointed up. So he looked up and saw 3-6 lights in the sky just moving around in circles and chasing eachother and stuff like that. He text me but because I was asleep I didn't get it till the morning.

Coming in the future!!!
A_D Ghost stories!!!!
Time portals
Giant cats

Rep:
Level 88
Gone.
Wow, just wow Nows here my story

1. Well it was about 3am in my street i was up watching T.V i couldn't sleep because had major tests the next day and i had been studying 3 days till that day so i heard this noise like a loud screech sound it hurt my ears i said to myself that it just a cat being raped or worse beacause a werid guy like to kill cats in our street "Satinist" i think but anyways i looked outside to see what looked to like a black object lieing or sitting on the road, when a car doing 80-90km\h or somthing when strait over the thing the screetching once again happened i slowly got dressed and grabbed my baseball bat yes i play baseball so i've walked over to this thing but i still couldn't see it the car that hit it or had gone thru it had turned round and now was parked next to my house the people had got out to see it was a young couple the were nice they had a torch in the car so they go it out and we turned it on in horror to find a cow with its insides rip out just laying on its back eyes open and everything , that was what they hit but the screetching, a high pitched noise like a BEEEEEEEOOOOOWWWWWPPPPPPP like a plane or somthing i looked up and saw 3 triangle lights in the sky darting away i ran inside locked the door and i have been scared to go outside at night since what do you thing about it ?
Good Bye. RMRK you were cool while I wasn't there.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
That's what I actually look like, for real. Ugly.
Huh. I think I might have encountered a UFO, but my common sense says of course not! The "Might be, might be not" occasion occured a few months ago when I was sneaking on the computer at night well past my bedtime. Around 2:42 AM. I saw some very tiny lights appear above my clock. I looked around to see if any light was reflecting from my desk stuff, but nope. The lights twittered around in a criss cross formation. I looked behind me and my poster reflects my room because of the light coming from my computer. No tiny lights emanating from the poster. I heard a small static noise, but I couldn't track it. I finally found where it was coming from. My ceiling. I stood on top of my bed and tilted my ear towards the ceiling. The static had a very loud BURST, then got quiet in an instant. It didn't awake my mom or my brother, even though the sound must have been at least 90 decibles. I haven't experienced anything other than that though.
*various flatulence*

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Hum. Might as well tell my UFO story.

I was camping with my family some years ago, I was probably about 14. It was around midnight and we were all sitting around the campfire having a good time. The conversation turned to the stars, and we were all looking up at them. While we were looking up and talking, we started to hear the low hum in this distance. It slowly grew closer. A huge object came into view above us. The hum was very loud at this point, and it got really windy. The trees and the fire were blowing everywhere. The giant thing had an entirely reflective surface, it was hard to even tell what we were looking at. It was flying pretty low and covered the whole clearing. We exchanged "what the hell is that thing?!"s, and it was gone as quickly as it came.

I actually kinda completely forgot about it untill now. I'm sure there's some perfectly reasonable explanation for what we saw...

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Ok I'll tell mine too.

I was in my back yard with my dog it was doing it's daily chase the cat in a circle for and an hour and barking. When the dog finally get the cat all it does it licks it's ass (it likes eating cat crap). Any who I was standing there and there was a soft humming noise and I looked up and saw this weird star.

I went inside and got my camera and took two picks. I put them on my computer but they would not save. When I tried to look at them they were gone. The next morning I woke up and went outside. The "star" was still there in the day time.

That night I when to sleep and when I woke the bed felt weird, I tried to sit up but I was strapped down to a metal table. Over me stood three people I thought they were humans but they had two noses. They spoke in a language that sounded a little like Chinese. One of them said the word "probe" to me and grabbed my arm he stabbed me with a needle and took it out.

I blacked out and woke up in my bed with a bump on my wrist.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 88
We've had many fireballs and bright green lights fly past our house. But I never saw them, my parents did. But I saw what I thought was a UFO.
Often at night, I will gaze at the stars hoping for my chance to see something. One such night I had my telescope out and I noticed a "star," which was flashing multiple colours, but it was moving very slowly. In the sky, it was about the size of theis full stop- .
So I stood there watching it, and colours got more rapid and lustrous, and it shot out into space Star Trek style. I saw it shoot off as a line. Mum was with me and all I said was,
"They were watching us..."

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
WOW I didnt think I would get many stories back thats cool as...

Huh. I think I might have encountered a UFO, but my common sense says of course not! The "Might be, might be not" occasion occured a few months ago when I was sneaking on the computer at night well past my bedtime. Around 2:42 AM. I saw some very tiny lights etc

If it was inside it sounds like it was a spirit, because thats how some spirits appear.
Ghost stories now...

1. The first time I experienced a spirit It was about 8 at night and it was dark, I needed to go to my room for some reason (can't remember) and so I walked towards the hallway which was dark so I flicked teh light switch and saw the shadow of a being quickly duck in to the toilet room so I went to open the door to see what it was but the room was empty. Not a trace of a being to be found. Freaked me out.

2. The second time I was lying in my bed at night ready to sleep when I looked around and saw two small lights float around in the corner. I just closed my eyes and hoped they went away... which they did after I told them to go away.

3. Walking down the hallway to my room I saw some lights flash along the wall like somebody flashed a torch across the wall except I was home alone.

4. A few months ago I was walking to my room again to grab my Ipod when I looked down the hallway (you can see straight into my roo cause its at teh end) and saw a light shining in my room, I sniffed (because I had a cold and a runny nose), it was quite loud and the light just faded quickly...

5. My Dad was up late and cooked him self a meal. He went to sit back down once he finished he took his dishes back up and notice the oven had been turned BACK on. He had turned it off in the first place. The same also happend to me.

6. The most recent. Last night I was sitting at the copmuter at 2 o'clock in the morning, I was sitting there chatting to Djang when I looked over to the lounge area (the right of me)and a human shaped white thing appeared and dissapeared right next to me... I moved as if it whas walking. Its was pretty opaque tooo, not a solid white shape.

Please leave any stories you have also.

I HAVE MORE STORIES TO COME!!!

Ancient Mummy
Rep:
Level 90
Man those are a lot of stories for 1 person lolz

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
yea I know it's kind of scary huh lol...
but I like it.

Rep:
Level 88
My earliest encounter was when I was 3 or 4. My whole family was asleep at night, and I woke up. There were 2 boys there. All I can remember is that one was wearing a top hat, Londoner style in the 1800s. I wanted to get out of my room but they wouldn't let me. I let out a massive scream which woke mum and dad. They were trying with all their might to open my door but they couldn't. Remember I was 3 or 4, I wasn't THAT strong. Eventually they did open it and I told them what happened. Maybe they wanted to play... Maybe they needed someone to talk to...But when your 3 or 4, you don't really know much about it and the last thing you want to do is talk to spirits.
A more recent one is I woke up at 3 o'clock at night, (A bit convienient as it is the witching hour) and went to the toilet. When I went to the bathroom, I felt like I was being watched, so I spun around and saw a childlike figure like a dwarf or something. I remember saying out loud, "Go away. I don't want to speak to you." It was running all over the place. So I hurried washing my hands and wanlked past it feeling icy cold. I bolted down the hallway and into my room and ducked under the covers. (Why? I don't know, they can see you anyway, as I found out!) I was laying there stiff and still. I saw dark figure appear above me, larger than the small one, hovering above my bed. My heart jumped. It was lowering itself on to me. I was staring right into it's, what would've been eyes. But I layed there still, trying not to be scared. It's head went for my neck, and so I closed my neck tight, my eyes following it's every move, but it got me still. When the spirit touched me, I felt an unbelievable sensation. My whole body froze and I could speak. But after it left I was fine. I joked with Mum saying it was giving me a goodnight kiss, but it was a tad too close for my liking! :o
I also have a white mist in my house and a tall dark figure, but they haven't done anything yet.
I think I understand why I experience more than most people I know...
1. I'm a believer and have a very open mind.
2. I am a distant Prince of an Elite Gypsy tribe, (Not the caravan gypsies) My great gandmother's father was a prince so, when it's all broken down, I am one of the distant princes, and more direct because my grandfather was first born, and all children since are only children.

Rep:
Level 88
I'm back :P
hummmm aliens could exist. thats my only verdict on it. cause ive never had an encounter, and no one has 100% real evidence...sooooo yeaaaaaaah

Rep:
Level 88
Your greatest flaw is that you have a soul.
This is very interesting. First of all I'm impressed that no one yet barged into the topic and started insulting people for believing in what we call "supernatural".

Well, some of my odd experiences are more related to my creepy dreams, so I'll describe one of not-dream-like, one dream-like and one more that my good frend told me about in secrecy (I remembered this one because of the posters here who mentioned "circling balls and sparks." Note that you may find this interesting as I'm not from United States (And from what I see most of you are).

1. One night I just woke up for no real reason. It was too around 3 am. Woke up as I usually do in night. I went to bathroom to do my thing and then went back to lay down. Once I did, I covered myself with the blanket when I heard a very, very silent but hearable wzzzz-pitched sound. Instantly afterwards a high intense of light thrusted through my window curtains and enlightened most of the room. I, surpirsed and stunned, threw my blanket away as I watched the strong light quickly fade away and then, freaked out, ran to check other members of my family if they saw anything. I don't speak about this too much because, for one I can't prove anything at all, for two, they don't believe the accident and for three, I can't say for 100% sure that I wasn't sleeping (Although I believe without a doubt I wasn't sleeping or dreaming).

2. My friend told me that one night of a summerday he went out to check something in the garage. Looking around he noticed a shimmering bluish/white sphere of light that circled in the air moving to its specific direction. He was stunned and kept watching it until it faded in the distance of the sky. He claims he was pretty close to it at first and doesn't think this had anything to do with Earth. At least not anything he saw until them. He also didn't tell many people but did to me after I talked about this light.

3. In my country there are scientific stuides because there are places where people found those circling signs in the cropfields and meadows.

4. Ok I decided not to describe my dreams (which at some point had similarities with what Alwaysideas wrote about) that were like a reality [Imagine you dream but you see your room as if you aren't asleep at all and something is going on inside because of what they are specific)] since I'm freaked out now.  ;D

edit

I'd also like to add that before I was training magic and I had my encounters with angelic/demonic emincences and spirits so I'd like to advise everyone to take it seriously.

I'd also like to add that some visions you see may not always be a product of nature but a product of your mind - specially if you're seeing tall, black figures. They may be a product of a psycho disorder you may be suffering from.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 02:11:43 AM by Decadent Sympozium »

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
This is very interesting. First of all I'm impressed that no one yet barged into the topic and started insulting people for believing in what we call "supernatural".

Ghosts are likely a figment of your imagination, and any UFO is more likely to be of human creation than "aliens" or any other such nonsense.

Rep:
Level 88
I'd also like to add that some visions you see may not always be a product of nature but a product of your mind - specially if you're seeing tall, black figures. They may be a product of a psycho disorder you may be suffering from.

I'm free of any psycho disorder or anything of such,I know that and I learnt from a very young age to accept the bad stuff and get on with life. I am more open now, and since I understand alot more due to my extensive studies in magic, UFOs our origin etc, I am willing to speak freely with spirits if they wish. I'd probably accept being abducted by aliens, as long as they are good or if they are from Thiaoouba! :D
As I said, I am a distant prince, ;D sucks it wasn't country royalty though lol :D

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
Well now we know at least one if you is insane.

Rep:
Level 91
Personal Text
I think the reason I have so many stories is because:

1. I look for stuff like that in life, I don't just sit around and let it come.
2. Like AlwaysIdeas I'm a believer.

I have more but these ones are stupid... and are most definatly not real.

Rep:
Level 88
Well now we know at least one if you is insane.

Someone needs to be. :D

And it doesn't hurt believing or at least having an open mind to the possibility of such things.
And it's good to search for the unknown. You just have to be careful or know what you are doing.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 11:32:10 AM by AlwaysIdeas »

Rep:
Level 88
Your greatest flaw is that you have a soul.

Ghosts are likely a figment of your imagination, and any UFO is more likely to be of human creation than "aliens" or any other such nonsense.

Rather not. You had no experience what-so-ever, while I and many other did.

Rep:
Level 88
I'd like to know why there isn't more people that have a more open mind. There have just been too many sightings or recordings to even call it a dream or something. Yes, sadly there are some people who create fake crop circles or now more commonly known as pictographs and make fake UFOs, and it's those people that make people worldwide think that us believers are psychopaths. :o
And people shouldn't insult or hurt people that believe in paranormal topics. They don't know what they experience. That is unfortunately the trouble with the majority of people, they don't believe until something happens to them.
But you can't help since we come from such materialistic world...

Rep:
Level 88
First of all I'm impressed that no one yet barged into the topic and started insulting people for believing in what we call "supernatural".

I have arrived.

Angelic_Diablo and Morris Lawry's UFO stories are so silly I can't understand why the first replies weren't "LOL u looser!!"

the_ramen_noodle's story has nothing to do with UFOs at all and it happened "well past [his] bedtime". If every strange light I saw or sound I heard was a UFO then every rock in this universe would have to have an advanced space-faring civilization on it.

GilgameshRO's story is harder to explain but there was nothing supernatural about it, and it could easily have been some sort of terrestrial aircraft.

BanisherOfEden's story is idiotic.

I don't know how to explain AlwaysIdeas' stories except that he is a compulsive liar. That shit is so far fetched that something must be forcing him to tell these whoppers. ALiens, perhaps?

Ghost stories now...

1. The first time I experienced a spirit It was about 8 at night and it was dark, I needed to go to my room for some reason (can't remember) and so I walked towards the hallway which was dark so I flicked teh light switch and saw the shadow of a being quickly duck in to the toilet room so I went to open the door to see what it was but the room was empty. Not a trace of a being to be found. Freaked me out.

I've seen a million of those, they aren't spirits.

2. The second time I was lying in my bed at night ready to sleep when I looked around and saw two small lights float around in the corner. I just closed my eyes and hoped they went away... which they did after I told them to go away.

See above, also you were about to go to sleep.

3. Walking down the hallway to my room I saw some lights flash along the wall like somebody flashed a torch across the wall except I was home alone.

4. A few months ago I was walking to my room again to grab my Ipod when I looked down the hallway (you can see straight into my roo cause its at teh end) and saw a light shining in my room, I sniffed (because I had a cold and a runny nose), it was quite loud and the light just faded quickly...

Well you see spirits everywhere, don't you?

5. My Dad was up late and cooked him self a meal. He went to sit back down once he finished he took his dishes back up and notice the oven had been turned BACK on. He had turned it off in the first place. The same also happend to me.

Ghosts are trying to burn your house down.

6. The most recent. Last night I was sitting at the copmuter at 2 o'clock in the morning, I was sitting there chatting to Djang when I looked over to the lounge area (the right of me)and a human shaped white thing appeared and dissapeared right next to me... I moved as if it whas walking. Its was pretty opaque tooo, not a solid white shape.

Okay, you were

1. Looking at a computer screen at
2. 2AM, and you
3. saw a shape that looked like a person and quickly disappeared when you glanced away

Well, the facts may not agree with you but your story has convinced me!

I think the reason I have so many stories is because:

1. I look for stuff like that in life, I don't just sit around and let it come.
2. Like AlwaysIdeas I'm a believer.

Exactly - you try to explain anything slightly strange by saying that it was ghosts/aliens without any other evidence. Your dad forgetting to turn the oven off is not a ghost story, no matter how sure he was that he didn't forget.

I have more but these ones are stupid... and are most definatly not real.

haha oh wow

And people shouldn't insult or hurt people that believe in paranormal topics. They don't know what they experience. That is unfortunately the trouble with the majority of people, they don't believe until something happens to them.

But they have happened to me. The only difference between me and you is that I try to come up with a theory that doesn't involve ghosts when I want to explain something unusual. To date, I have never encountered something that can't be explained as something, you know, not silly.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
A UFO is an Unidentifed Flying Object... Now many people of High acclaim have said to have seen them... They may not be from another planet or have little green men flying them, but they are different to conventional planes and Air craft, so that makes them Unidentifable... nobody has said they have seen a space ship...

So thats why nobody has really said any one has been silly in saying what they have said...

Shadow figures are some thing that people have claimed to see for years... there was once a German man who looked into this by not looking at them when he saw them, rather just watching them from the corner of his eye... he went insane...

Some things are un-explainable, that can make them fall into the releam of Supernatural and Paranomal...

I don't see why you had to go on the attack... But your right that many of these things can have multiple reasons behind them... But to discount one over the other when you was not there is not fair...

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 88
A UFO is an Unidentifed Flying Object... Now many people of High acclaim have said to have seen them... They may not be from another planet or have little green men flying them, but they are different to conventional planes and Air craft, so that makes them Unidentifable... nobody has said they have seen a space ship...

So thats why nobody has really said any one has been silly in saying what they have said...

UFO freaks try to have it bot ways: when in the company of friends there is no doubt that a UFO is an object produced by an alien civilization. This was the suggestion by everyone here save for Gilgamesh. But when someone goes "Wait, this is nuts!" they fall back on the strict definition of a UFO being an unidentified flying object. These people are being silly because the only explanation they've considered is the one they want, even though there's no evidence for it.

Shadow figures are some thing that people have claimed to see for years... there was once a German man who looked into this by not looking at them when he saw them, rather just watching them from the corner of his eye... he went insane...

People see shadow figures in the corner of their eye because they're an illusion, not because we naturally try to avoid them.

Some things are un-explainable, that can make them fall into the releam of Supernatural and Paranomal...

Everything can be explained, but certain matters are complicated because the issue is obfuscated by superstition.

I don't see why you had to go on the attack... But your right that many of these things can have multiple reasons behind them... But to discount one over the other when you was not there is not fair...

Because the idea of UFOs being aliens (as everyone in this thread was suggesting) is ridiculous and people let this shit fly far too often.

Rep:
Level 88
You should just let people believe what they want. You can't change how people feel...obviously
Attacks only trigger arguments. When dealing in delicate matters like this, you should be careful what you say.

I don't know how to explain AlwaysIdeas' stories except that he is a compulsive liar. That shit is so far fetched that something must be forcing him to tell these whoppers. ALiens, perhaps?

Sorry to tell you this as well, but I'm not a liar.

Resource Maker
Rep:
Level 91
People see shadow figures in the corner of their eye because they're an illusion, not because we naturally try to avoid them.

I think these shadowy figures are not Human nor Ghosts or Sprites but Creatures that move in a different time zone to us... May be they are Djinn's (Jinn) The race before man that walked the Earth and got Banished to Limbo by God... I am not Musslim, but I do think this could be possible... throughout history in every race and culture they have been reported... I myself have seen them many a time... I have been held down by one and punches have been thrown at my face... I reaserched this and found many have had simular done to them, take the example of the the entity with Carla Moran...

Evidence (if you can call it that)
Djinn's - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genie
Carla Moran - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carla_Moran
Held down at night - http://www.paraseek.com/discus/messages/25/486.html?WednesdayOctober1520030335pm

I know this proves very little, Djinn's like most things in religions is considered a load of rubbish in our modren day... Carla Moran is a Alias given and nobody really can say for sure what actually happened... Being Held down can be attributed to Sleep Paralasis...

All I can say is it happens to me and I know what I saw... A Hard Shadow, solid and moving around not effected by objects (distortion like a normal shadow)... I have tried to capture this on tape, I got some thing, My Camera has no night vision, the room is dull lit by my window (Room tinted a blue colour, you know)... And at the point I am held down the room Just goes Really dark... But thats hardly proof... Its so hard and fustrating to prove some thing like this... This started happening to me when I started playing with an Ouija Board and asked about GOD, I was speaking to what claimed to be called Queshed (A German name, I have found through Reaserch)... I was Called Scum three times, and the Planchet then refused to move any more... And still doesn't now...

« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 11:43:57 AM by landofshadows »

My RMRK Wikki:- http://wiki.rmrk.net/index.php/Landofshadows
Make a Donation for my Resource making:- https://www.paypal.me/landofshadows

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
You should just let people believe what they want. You can't change how people feel...obviously
Attacks only trigger arguments. When dealing in delicate matters like this, you should be careful what you say.

Sorry to tell you this as well, but I'm not a liar.

He's not really attacking anyone. He's intelligently informing you of what he thinks and why he disagrees with you in a very non-offensive way. If you want to discuss things of the supernatural without someone coming in telling you what you're saying is a load of crap, then go to a forum specifically geared towards the supernatural, or start your own. If you can't handle a little criticism, then how are you going to make it through life?

And maybe you're a liar, maybe you're not. In this kind of topic, you're generally going to have the people who believe, and the people who don't, and the people who don't are naturally going to point out plausible explanations for everything, and when there isn't one, generally it's assumed you're a liar. Which, in my opinion, is understandable. It isn't exactly the easiest thing in the world to just trust someone over the internet.

Agh... almost 6 a.m. ... time for bed.

EDIT: As for the sleep paralysis, landofshadows, paranormal researchers almost unanimously assume this to be the cause of many claims of seeing ghosts, hearing things, etc., because your mind is still in a state of sleep, yet awake, and hasn't regained full control. Since you're still technically sleeping, it's common to "see" things, such as monsters, people, etc. Sleep paralysis is pretty much the general explanation for all of that kind of stuff.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2007, 11:46:02 AM by HaloOfTheSun »
:tinysmile: