RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Legacy: The Gatekeeper ; Demo 3.0 Now Downloadable

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
The Hated One
Thank you, are you going to download the demo?
Legacy: The Gatekeeper- Demo 2.0 Now Avaliable

Rep:
Level 88
Thank you, are you going to download the demo?

I will later. Right now I have a lot of junk on my computer. I have to delete some stuff and then download it.
Project: Assult

Developed by: Phoenix studios.

Release Date: 2008 [Scheduled]

Game Engine: Irrlicht Engine (Graphics Engine) (Gameplay Engine unconfirmed)

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
The Hated One
Ok, cool, anyone else gonna download the demo, and play it?

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
The Hated One
*bump* Im waiting till I have demo 2.0 to update again, but Id like people to play the demo and tell me what they think

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Downloading.

Has potential from the looks of the first post atm, just one comment on the screenshots; some maps are a little too empty and lack of depth, a little more layered decoration would improve it.  :) More will come after demo.

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
The Hated One
Thank you, ill work on the town maps, and ill be updating the pictures and adding some newones, im ready for productive critizism when your done playing the dmeo
« Last Edit: December 29, 2006, 06:01:32 PM by coolkid25344 »

Rep:
Level 89
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Project of the Month winner for May 2007Project of the Month winner for July 20082011 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2011 Project of the Year2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
First of all, make that 29.6mb BGM named Untitled a mp3/ogg for god's sake :D When downloading it I was like whooa almost 40mb of demo, this' gonna be huge. And then I open the folder and 3/4 of the size is one single song :p Great song though, did you guys record it yourself? Anyhow, get a mp3/ogg converter and change the format, heheh. Wav = huge.

I'm just gonna trot down things here:
(I understand that this is just a demo, so things are still just on their sketches; so if you were planning any of these for the final then simply ignore it  :) )
-The 'everything' option only leads to credits, then it goes back to main menu.

-This is a personal preference thing, but I think it's more natural if you set the door teleport trigger to player touch or event touch instead of action key.

-Also a personal preference thing, the rooms are too large and hence tend to appear empty.  It doesn't have to take up the entire minimum map (20x15).

-Yay I caught a frog  :tpg:

-Can't seem to go anywhere :( But m'k, me go try puzzles

-Yay got the fire gloves. Dunno how though, followed the <-- --> <- -> order but then the thing closed and I had to messed around with deactivating and stuff.

-#(*@$&@*)*%^@)(!$_(*$@&%*@)%*&@%*!_($&$@'ing fall-through holes.

-Oh okay you only need one of them fire rock thingies.

-Hah-hah cave master is a dragonfly.

-zomg not the credits again ><

-Trying out battle.

-It's kinda hard to fight when the guy can out damage your healing even when that's all you do :/ In my opinion, boss fights shouldn't be hard in the aspect of huge damage huge hp, but of making more interesting attacks that take somewhat of a strategic thinking. For example, chain-resulting skills, flurry rapid hits, etc.

-M'kay, that's pretty much it. Note that I've mostly just pointed things out that (in my personal opinion) could be improved. Of course there are good things, I liked that puzzle part especially. So good job overall, and keep the above things considered (ignore the useless comments). The major thing to be improved here would be the maps, but I think it's mainly cause it's just a demo that you didn't pay attention to them anyhow. So, cha~ Good luck on progress.

Rep:
Level 88
Hell... What did I mess up now... I'm Back!
when i downloaded it it was glitched so bad that after i got the "staff" i couldn't do anything... or was it i needed to do something else..?
----Current Games working on----
--Rage O' Delusion - Overall Percentage Finished : 4% -- Expected release... Unknown
--The Other Dimension - Overall Percentage done : 1 - Expected Release : No time soon...
v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
Feildmaster Productions
Made By One Man Run by the Same...
Making Games for Everyone...
Oh yeah, and everything else web based
For a charge... Of course...

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
The Hated One
First of all, make that 29.6mb BGM named Untitled a mp3/ogg for god's sake :D When downloading it I was like whooa almost 40mb of demo, this' gonna be huge. And then I open the folder and 3/4 of the size is one single song :p Great song though, did you guys record it yourself? Anyhow, get a mp3/ogg converter and change the format, heheh. Wav = huge.

I'm just gonna trot down things here:
(I understand that this is just a demo, so things are still just on their sketches; so if you were planning any of these for the final then simply ignore it  :) )
-The 'everything' option only leads to credits, then it goes back to main menu.

-This is a personal preference thing, but I think it's more natural if you set the door teleport trigger to player touch or event touch instead of action key.

-Also a personal preference thing, the rooms are too large and hence tend to appear empty.  It doesn't have to take up the entire minimum map (20x15).

-Yay I caught a frog  :tpg:

-Can't seem to go anywhere :( But m'k, me go try puzzles

-Yay got the fire gloves. Dunno how though, followed the <-- --> <- -> order but then the thing closed and I had to messed around with deactivating and stuff.

-#(*@$&@*)*%^@)(!$_(*$@&%*@)%*&@%*!_($&$@'ing fall-through holes.

-Oh okay you only need one of them fire rock thingies.

-Hah-hah cave master is a dragonfly.

-zomg not the credits again ><

-Trying out battle.

-It's kinda hard to fight when the guy can out damage your healing even when that's all you do :/ In my opinion, boss fights shouldn't be hard in the aspect of huge damage huge hp, but of making more interesting attacks that take somewhat of a strategic thinking. For example, chain-resulting skills, flurry rapid hits, etc.

-M'kay, that's pretty much it. Note that I've mostly just pointed things out that (in my personal opinion) could be improved. Of course there are good things, I liked that puzzle part especially. So good job overall, and keep the above things considered (ignore the useless comments). The major thing to be improved here would be the maps, but I think it's mainly cause it's just a demo that you didn't pay attention to them anyhow. So, cha~ Good luck on progress.

Thanks im fixing all of that in 2.0, which should be released in a little bit, and it will be the actuall gameplay itself, thank you for pointing out the errors, and yes that song is recorded and made by us, its prper name is supposed to be ghost town, and most likely will be made into the main theme,

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
The Hated One
when i downloaded it it was glitched so bad that after i got the "staff" i couldn't do anything... or was it i needed to do something else..?

Getting the staff back is the end of the quest, can you please point out the glitches so I can fix them,

Rep:
Level 88
hmm... i got the staff and then went to go to the summit or w/e it is and it said... "You must get your staff back"

maybe I downloaded an old version...?
--Rage O' Delusion - Overall Percentage Finished : 4% -- Expected release... Unknown
--The Other Dimension - Overall Percentage done : 1 - Expected Release : No time soon...
Feildmaster Productions

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
The Hated One
Thats possible for one day i had a faulty demo up, and then I updated it, if you downloaded the demo on day one most likely theres alot of glitches in your game,

Rep:
Level 88
im gona download current one, and see if it still has that glitch...

alright... did the one where you do quests...
looks fine... has a ton of lagg though.. are you using blizz's abseal?? I can tell u'r using his easy lvl notifier...

did the puzzles one... He's way too strong.. -_- I think the thing is glitched... leme check somethin out first..

the basement on idle cave maybe... yeah... it requires a difeerent combo... have to re-turn off 4 then do 3...? Hmm..

the traps are a nice touch but geez... so many... i think i fell through them all trying to get to that door.. that made me blow a fuse..

wait.. so i didn't even have to get the items... -_-

anyway... next one...

battle results: needs spell check.. "I was trained by monks, "our" ways will defeat you" or something...
2 hit death? dear god... i thought they were sposed to have near the same "exp" the dude has much more hp than you...
yeah that was way too hard... i gave up
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 02:53:00 AM by feildmaster »
Feildmaster Productions

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
The Hated One
All glitches noted and will be fixed,
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 06:55:49 AM by coolkid25344 »

I am epic, you are not.
Rep:
Level 93
Defender of Justice
People seem to be finding alot of glitches, but since I dont have alot of space on my computer for download, Ill just say a few things based on the opening post.

One of the main thing that bugs me, even if a game's graphics and such are top knotch, is if it has obvious spelling and grammar errors. The screenshots and your post were evidently proof of these in your game. For instance, "thieves" as a second "e". Also, the plural of "elf" is "Elves", not "elf's", as the latter would dictate a single elf owning something.

Im not trying to be harsh, just pointing something out.

Rep:
Level 88
hmm... i have to admit, even my games need spell checks... but still it's nice for some1 to point out the spell checks... XD (in my opinion anyway..)
Feildmaster Productions

Banned
Rep:
Level 88
The Hated One
oh ya, i posted this same thread on hbgames.org and someone caught me there about the elves thing, ill cahnge it now, thnks i almost forgot to change it here,

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
I agree with some of the productive critisim, like some parts being hard. But apart from that I loved it. :)

As you already know....

Rep:
Level 88
heh... to everyone here, you are almost easier to read than... a picture book... oO
Feildmaster Productions

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
What does that mean? I am not a picture book.

Rep:
Level 88
its.. retorical... its a comparison between you and a picture book... *thinks, "What is this... 2nd grade thinking mind...?"* Where are you from? -_-
Feildmaster Productions

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
I know what you meant, what does it have to do with Legacy: The Gatekeeper?

Rep:
Level 88
nothing... i was just commenting on the post above... XD *can't wait for game? just to make this post not = spam...*
Feildmaster Productions

Rep:
Level 89
I'm back again. Again.
Oh...Ok then...

Banned
Rep: