RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Conditional x OR y ?

Rep:
Level 82
We learn by living...
I'm trying to set up a mecha effect to play sound files only when I'm using the directional keys, and want to make sure the sounds don't overlap or fail to stop when keys aren't being pressed,

so I'm wondering, is there a way to do Conditional: The Down button is being pressed |or| The Up button...
etc. so all four keys are checked?

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Why not just use the else and throw in another conditional branch for another direction, and repeat until all four directions are covered?

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
RMXP...
By any chance you are using an input script or are you just using the default?

Rep:
Level 82
We learn by living...
i've changed my mind on using sound effects for a walking mecha. The timing sequence is a nightmare without your own recording studio software and the parallel loop thing causes severe problems.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Have you considered using a footstep sounds script?

Rep:
Level 82
We learn by living...
Have you considered using a footstep sounds script?

never heard of such a thing. I just thought a giant robot should make noise when moving and pulled an open source sound bite, but can't get the 3 second clip (not the best) to line up right when walking and it sometimes overlaps itself when changing directions.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Here: http://rpgmakerid.forumotion.net/rmxp-scripts-f12/xprei-footstep-script-t603.htm

There's probably an English translation somewhere. Anyway - change the sound for each terrain to the mecha sound you want - set "PS = 1" to the switch you want to use to turn on mecha mode. That way, the sound effects will only play for the player when he is in a mecha. You can also differentiate by terrain tag if you mix up the sounds in the TAG section.

Rep:
Level 82
We learn by living...
Here: http://rpgmakerid.forumotion.net/rmxp-scripts-f12/xprei-footstep-script-t603.htm

There's probably an English translation somewhere. Anyway - change the sound for each terrain to the mecha sound you want - set "PS = 1" to the switch you want to use to turn on mecha mode. That way, the sound effects will only play for the player when he is in a mecha. You can also differentiate by terrain tag if you mix up the sounds in the TAG section.

it's Indonesian. http://www.stars21.com/translator/indonesian_to_english.html

and a bit over my head at this point. Perhaps someone with more sound and script experience can make use of it. So I made a screen shot of the translation for anyone who wants it.

Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 87
Embrace the stillness of eternity.
You could import the mech's walking sound as a BGS instead of a sound effect.