RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[REQUEST] Throw Weapon Skill

Rep:
Level 87
Embrace the stillness of eternity.
Throw Weapon
4/25/08

Summary
I want a skill that, when a character uses a certain skill (most likely "throw"), the inventory comes up, letting you select a weapon. Then the weapon is subtracted from your inventory, and the enemy you target with throw takes damage based on the weapon's attack and the character's strength. I suspect it might just come down to an edit of the "item requirements for skill use" script.

Features Desired
  • I suppose I pretty much described the entire thing in the summary.

Games it's been in
  • Final Fantasy III
  • Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
  • Probably more RPGs

Did you search?
Yes.

Where did you search?
  • rmrk.net
  • hbgames.org

What did you search for?
  • On rmrk.net, I searched for "throw item," "throw weapon," and "throw." No success.
  • On hbgames.org, I looked through the XP script listing, still no success.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
What battle system are you using?

Rep:
Level 85
the only thing i know to solve this is trowing the weapon you are currently using or a skill for every weapon (with common events) but if you want one skill for every weapon at once it will be hard, i dont know anything of scripting so i always try it with events first, you could try find someone to learn you scripting if there is no scripter who wants to make this script.