RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Fall into a place?

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Reaping your souls
In my game, im just now working on the first dungeon however basically its underground and you have to drop into it. problem is i dont know how to make it so that it shows the character falling into the dungeon. Is there any way to do this? Im using RPG Maker XP btw

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Essentially it's all about timing.

What you need to do is set an event on parallel process or autorun that has your hero fade from the top of the screen and moving down to the middle. To accomplish this, I use a movement command that starts the player out at 0 Opacity, then every 3-5 frames change his opacity up by 50. So like this:

wait 5
wait 5
wait 5.......

That covers how to fade him in. To make him fall you'll need to place this in the same movement command:

Player Jump [Y] -8

The Y is the axis the player is jumping on. The -8 is how many spaces he's supposed to jump. It's probably not -8, but maybe like 9 or -6 or I don't know. Just some number you'll have to test out to find where you want him to land.

Rep:
Level 87
Embrace the stillness of eternity.
Another good way, if the character starts the fall in view, is to set a move route to turn the player's move animation (and direction fix if needed) off, and the speed to six. Then add as many move down commands as needed, plus maybe a sound effect at the beginning. Then, if the character you're using has a "down" graphic, you can have it momentarily switch to that with a crashing sound effect when he/she hits the ground.