RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMRKMon Make a Map Contest!

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
RMRKMon Make a Map Contest!

Here's what's happening, OK?

You've already seen that some of us have personalized "Gym Leader" characters, but what good is a gym leader without a gym? Here's your time to shine! Create a cool looking pokemon style map and help us build the world of RMRKMon.

Guidelines & Prizes

Guidelines:
~There is no limit on the number of maps that may be submitted
~Town maps must include at least one pokemon center and one shop. The exception to this would be the player's home town, which must contain the player's house and a pokemon lab.
~Maintain the trainer themes for gyms. Obviously we want the gyms to evoke the pokemon type that they represent. Incorporating the rest of the town into the theme is encouraged but not required.
~HeartGold/SoulSilver-styled Tilesets are preferred, but not required.

Prizes:
Prizes will most likely be on a case-by-case basis, but this is basically what you can expect:

Small map(i.e. a building interior, or very basic layout of map)Your choice of any Pokemon, barring shiny and legendary. A custom NPC in a possible future RMRKMon Fangame that may never actually be made.

Medium map(i.e. a large interior, a route, or a highly detailed small map)Your choice of any Pokemon barring legendary. A custom NPC in a possible future RMRKMon Fangame that may never actually be made.

Large map(i.e. a town or highly detailed medium map)Your choice of any Pokemon. A custom battle-able pokemon trainer in a possible future RMRKMon Fangame that may never actually be made.

*Highly detailed in this case meaning an extremely well-made map, most likely using some custom tiles or art. A map that obviously had a lot of effort put into it.

Designs & Rewards
Fellow Admins: Feel free to edit this post if I don't get around to it! ;o

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

Recommended Tiles
Most of these aren't formatted for any maker and will require some fiddling on the user's part if they wish to map in rpg maker with them.
Rocks
Buildings and grass
Hoenn stuff
More buildings and misc tiles
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 02:03:54 AM by Acolyte »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I can't seem to find any good RMVX ace pokemon tilesets.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
That's because XP has pokemon essentials and no one plans on converting it to anything else.

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Really? Nobody?
I'll be posting mine soon.

Come on guys. Join in on the fun. :)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
hmm I happen to have poke essentials on my desktop right now, so I'll give it a go.
Edit:
Here's my map. It's just some random generic route map. xD
Spoiler for:

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
That's pretty sweet. You can go ahead and pick a pokemon if you'd like. Anything excluding legendaries (but including shiny ;o)

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
I went ahead and made one just for funsies. It's not finished, but here's a progress pic.

I was thinking the cathedral thing could be Karo's gym.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Those look so pretty ;____;
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
I'll take a shiny blaziken :P
I forgot to mention that the random dirt patch at the top is supposed to be a soil patch, but I lacked the graphics and was to lazy haha. Also, I think the shadows on your tileset are supposed to be transparent but they aren't :o

Looks nice though

Rep:
Level 96
nice
I like your route. :o
I think it looks awesome.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 04:33:17 AM by boe »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
...uh, I forgot how to gift pokemon  ._.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
...uh, I forgot how to gift pokemon  ._.
Bottom of the page, the Key Icon.

And I'm loving that Map of yours Acolyte.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
it's not working ;__;

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Can I still enter?? I made an artificially made island in the shape of a pokéball :D

Spoiler for Pokéisle:

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Cool stuff! Go ahead and pick any pokemon you want, including legendaries and shinies.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Cool stuff! Go ahead and pick any pokemon you want, including legendaries and shinies.
I wantz.... Togekiss :D

I actually enjoyed making this :o I'm going to try and make sum more :)

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Can I still enter?? I made an artificially made island in the shape of a pokéball :D

Spoiler for Pokéisle:
This map makes me feel really tingly inside. Like, I am incredibly attracted to that space you've created. I want to go there.

Rep:
Level 40
Just keep scrollin'~
Sorry if this isn't a thing anymore but I made a first try on how the Mountain of Fatih Shrine Interior would look. Of course it would be better if it wasn't limited to pokemon, but here it is. Oyea sorry about the retro tiles. I'll get to upstairs later, I'll count both as one.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Rad! What pokemon do you want? :D
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 40
Just keep scrollin'~
Weird, somehow this didn't get posted the first time...

If I'm elligible for Shinies, I'll have a shiny Gardevoir, if not, just a Ralts. Thanks!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I think the map is large enough for a shiny. ;o

Shiny Gardevoir was gifted to User Fatih
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]