RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RPG Maker XP Ace support site

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
RPG Maker XP-Ace
Support Site

As many of you already know, a support website is in the works for the RMXP-Ace project. The site is "live" at the moment, though still under construction. You are able to register and post though, which allows you to report problems through the forums. We will eventually have a ticket system in place that allows more elaborate reporting, but at the moment, that's in the works. If you are interested in scripting for the project, let me know as well!

So, what's the point of the site? Good question! The site has been born out of a necessity for a support site, after the inevitable collapse of the original site; it died an unfortunate digital death due to lack of funds it appears, and the original creator has not been heard from in quite some time. However, like all good products, it has survived and been given interest by the XP community. The site will feature a bug tracker/ticket system that allows for you to report scripts. There will also be a knowledge-base/wiki that is created around these script fixes. In addition to fixing scripts, my goal is to also take common/popular scripts that add value to the game, and, are not specific to just one design of a game, and add them to this project as an officially supported module.

The site's secondary purpose is to provide tutorials and documentation for putting the kit together yourself, if for some reason you choose to do so. This will only guide you through setting up and troubleshooting a basic copy of XP Ace however, and will not provide any of the other scripts that the development package has in it.

You can get to the site here: RPG Maker XP Ace website

This thread will also serve the purpose of letting you all know when the site is down, when it'll be up, etc.
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
what even is xp ace

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
Since Xp is so awesome, but lacks decent graphics rendering, somebody made an xp-ace conversion kit. Basically using the Ace engine to run Xp games. So it's still made with xp but running with the speed of vxa.

Edit: It also adds improved font rendering and rgss3.

Some compatibility issues will arise, and that is why this site was created.

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
Since Xp is so awesome, but lacks decent graphics rendering, somebody made an xp-ace conversion kit. Basically using the Ace engine to run Xp games. So it's still made with xp but running with the speed of vxa.

Edit: It also adds improved font rendering and rgss3.

Some compatibility issues will arise, and that is why this site was created.

^ that.. Just.. All of that..

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
So, what are the advantages of XP over VX?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Mapping is easier with 3 layers. You can still do all the advanced mapping techniques of vx/vxa without hassel/limitations of having overly specific Autotiles and Tilesets.

Simple charsets, dunno why they felt the need to cram several charsets into one.
No forced features - You can add caterpillar systems, vehicles and facesets all seperately. Not everyone even needs those types of things.

Xp editor is also pretty easy to use compared to vx. Not to mention the amount of scripters/scripts/resources for xp are all pretty high aswell. Who even needs all of the tiles in a game on any one map ._.

Scripter
Rep:
Level 40
Crownless King
This is by far the best news I've heard, thanks! Now I can go back to XP for quite a while and do games there :D

If you like my work, please do support me on Patreon.
https://www.patreon.com/Soulpour777?ty=h

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Mapping is easier with 3 layers. You can still do all the advanced mapping techniques of vx/vxa without hassel/limitations of having overly specific Autotiles and Tilesets.
Yeah, true. :o

Simple charsets, dunno why they felt the need to cram several charsets into one.
I never saw this as a problem.

No forced features - You can add caterpillar systems, vehicles and facesets all seperately. Not everyone even needs those types of things.
Yeah. I think the worst of them is the shadow. A lot of the times it looks bad, and some times it just makes no sense.

Xp editor is also pretty easy to use compared to vx. Not to mention the amount of scripters/scripts/resources for xp are all pretty high aswell. Who even needs all of the tiles in a game on any one map ._.
Never really noticed a difference with most of the menus there. :o
I actually find the XP database to be annoying and cumbersome though.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 02:48:22 AM by Lord Stark »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Ohhh, neat! :) I never quite got into RMXP, but there's still a ton of people out there that use it.
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I used to really love XP, but with more support from the scripting community for Ace, along with its improved mapping capabilities, I just can't see this as worth while. The issue with the sprites is solved with a simple dollar sign in front of the file name. The caterpiller can be turned off with a single event command, and facesets aren't mandatory.

The only thing I can think of as being an improvement is the map layers, but even that can be done better by parallax mapping in ace. :/

Rep:
Level 96
im stoopid pay me no mind

I'm trying it out now.

Edit: I downloaded the thing, and I opened it in XP. Now what? Is there more? I don't really see any difference.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 05:05:29 AM by Lord Stark »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
It's mainly for people who prefer the editor and setup of xp with the speed of ace. I'm sure ace can do some of the same stuff as xp and vice-versa, but a lot of people still like using xp for whatever reason and it's nice to have the option :d

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
True. I started out with VX, so trying out XP was painful and I was terribly confused. ;9 Something tells me that the roles would have been reversed if I had started out with XP instead. Either way, I'm crazy about Ace's eventing options more than anything.

(Mostly because I just spent the last couple of hours dived into Ace's eventing and it's so fun to use ;_; )
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
design still makes my eyes bleed.

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
Well, fortunately it doesn't matter what people of the design, since, yanno, it's SMF, just like this site, and you can change the theme to suit your tastes. Along those notes, we're working on our own personal theme as well.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
you need to be a member to change the theme. as a result, doubt anyone is gonna want to join with some default half-assed free theme pulled from wherever.  it looks unprofessional and again, is ugly as all hell. that might've been something to think about before you went live. you don't even have a banner. it's a fucking comic sans-esque text header.

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Don't worry m8 the theme will change. Dunno why that bothers you so much >.> Pheonix just made the site overnight to replace the old one made by the person who originally posted this conversion on CP. The old one was just a place to report bugs and compatibility errors, but this one is that and a forum as well. Like I said, it was done pretty quickly, so it doesn't have a theme, but it eventually will...

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
I mean hell, if we're serious about the ~possibility~ of making XPA as a RMRK community project, we could adopt the base theme RMRK has, and mod that slightly. I personally love the look, and the fact that there's a light and dark theme to go from, but I think when it comes down to it, RMRK just has so many extra things on it that I wouldn't even know where to start when stripping it from the raw site code..

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
How are you going to handle this when f0 releases his engine? Because it basically will replace even XpAce...

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
Eh, there's a reason why people stuck to XP instead of going on to other systems. I'm sure some (maybe many) people will move on to that, but whatever. Who knows, maybe people will like that they don't have to tweak stuff to smush into a new engine.

Personally, I plan to use both, but I don't ever see Book of Leaves using the Zer0Division Engine.