RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
A 7 year old was murdered near my hometown.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
http://www.kmov.com/news/local/More-details-released-in-death-7-year-old-girl-Uncle-officially-charged-with-murder-223336701.html
Quote from: KMOV.com
A 22-year-old man on Wednesday was officially charged with killing his 7-year-old niece as more details got released on what happened in the moments leading up to and after her death.

Justin DeRyke was charged at the Effingham County Courthouse with three counts of first-degree murder in the death of Willow Long. His bond was set at $5 million.

According to court documents, DeRyke told officers he was home alone watching Long and other children when the alleged incident occurred. Police said Long’s mother was at a local bar and her grandparents were working as truck drivers at the time.

DeRyke told police he spend most of the evening in his room playing video games. When he left the room to go to the bathroom, he said Long tugged on his arm and asked him to watch a movie with her. During the exchange, DeRyke said the girl accidentally scratched his arm, causing it to bleed.

He reportedly got upset and yelled at Long, which caused her to run into the front yard. According to his statement DeRyke said she then fell on a brush pile, causing a stick to impale her in the neck.

The 22-year-old said he wanted to end her suffering. 

Prosecutors said DeRyke then slit her throat before stabbing her in the heart and throat. Police said DeRyke put the girl’s body in a plastic bag, duct taped it and dumped it in the Little Wabash River. That’s where her body was found by four volunteers around 7:30 p.m. Monday. DeRyke was arrested about 6 a.m. Tuesday.

Click here to see photos of Willow Long and the scene of her search.

According to police, an autopsy concluded Long's throat had been slashed, and she had stab wounds on her collarbone and neck, as well as defensive wounds on her hands.

Many of DeRyke’s family were in attendance Wednesday to show their support for the murder suspect and victim. Many volunteers who helped with Long’s search efforts were also on hand.

The charges come a day after Long’s grandfather, Dale DeRyke, claimed the alleged murder was an accident.

“He was scared, He hid her body, he was scared,” Dale DeRyke DeRyke said Tuesday afternoon.

But even though the family said it was an accident, Dale DeRyke tried to explain why his son was being charged with premeditated murder.

“They have to, I understand. If he would have been smart enough, I don’t want to say smart enough, aware enough to call 9-1-1 or something, then maybe some manslaughter or negligence thing or something,” Dale DeRyke said. “I understand. He wasn’t. It’s his mistake. He realizes that I think. I got to see him today and talk to him. There’s nothing but remorse.”

Authorities said Justin DeRyke never helped in the initial search effort and neighbors also reported a suspicious lack of urgency with him.

“Yeah I seen them over there drinking beer instead of searching for the little girl,” one neighbor said. That’s very pathetic, it’s awful. If that was my kid, I’d be out there looking 24/7.”

Long's mother reportedly told investigators she had woken up and seen her daughter watching a movie, and then went back to bed. She then said when she woke up in the morning Long was gone.

When asked if she could face charges for allegedly misleading investigators, the state's attorney said he could not comment.

;9

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
That's terrible. What kind of person thinks that stabbing someone in the THROAT will help end suffering? She could very easily have pulled through the initial accident!

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
More importantly, why would anyone think murdering a child is a good thing to do in any situation?
:tinysmile:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
This is seriously messed up, too. He could have AT LEAST called the police or something. What the hell.
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
People do really dumb shit in times of crisis. Either that or he's a psychopath.

Considering he reacted violently to a scratch from a little girl, and after she was injured he repeatedly stabbed her about the face and neck after which he put her body in a plastic bag and dumped her in a river to dispose of the evidence, I'm leaning toward the latter.

On the other hand, who knows.
:tinysmile: