RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

Rep:
Level 66
welcome to night vale
Contestant - GIAW 10
How's this for a starter town?

Spoiler for:

I'm mainly concerned about the chapel not fitting the rest of the surroundings, the tree behind the chapel having the same problem, and the brightness of the bell peppers. Are those all right? What else should I work on?

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
Pretty solid start from what I can tell. The chapel and tree do clash, but I wouldn't say they're too horribly out of place, and I honestly can't find the peppers. My biggest problem is the roof of the chapel; there is a pretty clear issue with perspective. There's also that patch of tilled soil on the far right that just feels out of place since it's not attached to anything. That's really just a minor thing, though.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
The main things I'm seeing:

The back of the Chapel roof doesn't match the other houses. It's an overhead view, whereas the other rooftops are a 45 degree angle view. Personally, I wouldn't use that wall type or door either. It doesn't quite fit with the natural surroundings and wooden structures.

The tree behind the chapel doesn't fit either. Too much contrast, and a different trunk entirely.

The outdoor forge is neat, but when a forge is outside, it usually has a roof of some type to protect it from the elements. I know that's difficult to create, but it's just a thought.

Aside from that, I like it! It's detailed, but not too crowded. I like the waterfall, and the variation in the height of the landscape is a nice change. There's definitely room for improvement, and I'm sure I'm missing some things, but it's a good map.

Gods ain't gonna help ya son...

Rep:
Level 55
Infected with the sickness.
Watching these, makes me realize how truly bad I am at maping haha. Wow, there are so many talented people in here, I wish I could do an inch of a good map as some of you in here..

Just started my first project though, and I hope it will turn out decent atleast  :D

Think Ill post a map later on!
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Watching these, makes me realize how truly bad I am at maping haha. Wow, there are so many talented people in here, I wish I could do an inch of a good map as some of you in here..

Just started my first project though, and I hope it will turn out decent atleast  :D

Hey, it's okay! :ma: No one starts out a pro. Even if you're not proud of your mapping, you can usually get some advice if you post one here~
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

what yuyu said :P we're all very nice to those who want to learn :3

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.

I like your attitude, man.

Rep:
Level 55
Hey, it's okay! :ma: No one starts out a pro. Even if you're not proud of your mapping, you can usually get some advice if you post one here~

Thats nice to hear! I will post a map from my first project later then :)
I cant say Im terribly proud of the mapping, but then again Its my first maps. Its always a bit scary to post your creations when you are a total noob at it. Especially in a thread where there are such good maps posted.
But if there are people that help out and that can give advice, then I have nothing to loose :)

Hehe, thanks. You are not being sarcastic are you? :)
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 85

Hehe, thanks. You are not being sarcastic are you? :)

He's reffering to some people who will post maps and not take criticisms using the lines like, "its my game so ill do what I want" You seem like a cool kat though :P

Rep:
Level 55
He's reffering to some people who will post maps and not take criticisms using the lines like, "its my game so ill do what I want" You seem like a cool kat though :P

Ah, I see :)

Well taking criticism from people that really know what they are talking about is something that I would love too.
Even if I get flamed, I will have alot of good feedback and learn what I can improve. You cant make anything that everyone will love, but getting advice from educated people is something that I only see as extremely positive :)
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
Level 57
Destroy all the monsters...
@Drbigt: in general all looks cool, the graphics your charas and maps. ;)
@Lunarea: Amazing, if you put some hailstorm (weather effect) be more cool.
@Akathersdy: Looks pretty well just maybe put some flowers in the grass or others trees. And fix the church roof.

Well these Pics are from my project “Mundo/Abismal”:
Spoiler for:

Nos vemos Ajuaah! 8)
Click me, if wanna see more charas.-->
Spoiler for:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Even if I get flamed, I will have alot of good feedback and learn what I can improve.

If you get flamed, I will kill someone. :mad:

You are too nice to get flamed! :ladyj:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
He's reffering to some people who will post maps and not take criticisms using the lines like, "its my game so ill do what I want"

I don't mean to sound rude, but that kind of thing really grinds my gears. If anyone remembers that Adrian fellow, that's what I'm referring to.

But that aside, I'm not being sarcastic, man.

As for your screenshots Arturo, I like what you have going on, especially that crystalline region from two of your pictures. I really like how it's put together. The menu looks really good as well, but I'm not a big fan of the red color scheme you have going on. If it were me, I'd go with kind of a blueish hue instead. It's no biggie, though.

Rep:
Level 85
He's reffering to some people who will post maps and not take criticisms using the lines like, "its my game so ill do what I want"

I don't mean to sound rude, but that kind of thing really grinds my gears. If anyone remembers that Adrian fellow, that's what I'm referring to.

But that aside, I'm not being sarcastic, man.

Who could forget Adrian, banned on every forum he posts on

@Arturo, I'm not too much of a fan of those menus, but I like what you did with the interior with checked floor. I recommend adding a few more things into that house to not make it look a tad more full.

As for the caves, Id recommend adding a few more variations in the walls, especially in the second image, to me it looks odd :P

Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 08:18:28 PM by IAMFORTE »

Rep:
Level 55
Here are some of the maps I have been working on for my project..  :-[

These 2 are some of the first maps I made:

Spoiler for First town:

Spoiler for Forest:

And here is a map I started working on yesterday, Its not done yet but I thought Id post it anyway:

Spoiler for Mountain village:
Part 1:

Part 2:

I know these lack alot, but Its always nice to get early feedback :)
The big building on the mountain village map is messing up alot, since the area above it wont be passable, and It doesnt fit too good to the rest of the map.. but I dont really know how else I shall make it look biger.

The red marked areas are also errors, and there are alot of question marks on my side.. but asking for help is not allowed here, so I dont really know where to turn :)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 11:02:43 PM by Dizturb3d »
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Good starting out! Much better that some I've seen (read: made myself)!

On the first town, having the fence go behind the red roofed house by the river looks a little off.  You may consider having it "disappear" behind the house and then come out on the other side. Other than that the town looks great.

The forest looks nice. You may consider using the tree tool that continues the smaller trees into one another at the top right. Everything else looks good.

I'm curious as to why you switched to a different tileset for your Mountain town? It looks inconsistent with your other maps and may cause some discontinuity in your game play. The tall building looks a bit odd and the holes in the hills at the top look different.

Really great work for your first attempts! Keep up the good work!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Oh, wow! o.o Those maps are pretty damn good, especially compared to me when I was just starting out. :drsword:

I have to agree with the inconsistency on the last one. ;9 I like the first two a bit better...

Also, I'd consider adding more cluster around the town, such as barrels and lumber and what-have-you. :ladyj: It looks a little empty-ish. Maybe more cluster in the forest, too? =o That one looks pretty good, though.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 85
Defintly add more cluster in the forest, and a bit in the town, use the grass autotile for the forest :P

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
I have to agree with the inconsistency on the last one. ;9 I like the first two a bit better...

Probably because the first 2 maps are slight edits of the sample maps provided with RPG Maker VX Ace, I think the first one is "Castle town" and the second one is "Moutain village".

EDIT:
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 03:22:27 AM by TDS »

Rep:
Level 71
RMRK Junior
Some screenshots of a project I've been working on for the past 2 days, custom EVERYTHING yo.

Spoiler for:

Fully working custom menu:

« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 03:24:28 AM by swick »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Awesome. My only problem would be that the font in the textbox doesn't really suit the rest of the style. I'm not sure what would, I just don't think it works too well.

Other than that, brilliant.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9

Probably because the first 2 maps are slight edits of the sample maps provided with RPG Maker VX Ace, I think the first one is "Castle town" and the second one is "Moutain village".

Well that's unfortunate.

Critique?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 06:11:35 AM by bluntsword »

Rep:
Level 57
Destroy all the monsters...
@ Ryosis, IAMFORTE, thx for the feedback. I’ll going to fix the maps and try your advices.
---
@ Dizturb3d, for the Edit maps “First town and Forest”. I really like it seems pretty well. In Mountain village looks ok but the black roof look a little odd and the mountain too. And the grass maybe add some flowers in the lone areas.
@ swick, wow! Those comic tiles are awesome. Congratulations.
@ bluntsword, all looks cool, that is a good mapping.

Nos vemos --- 8)
Click me, if wanna see more charas.-->
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
That looks beautiful swick!

@bluntsword - You have some trees cut off by the river. Other than that, the map is OK, but the amount of empty space seems a little illogical and the pattern of house building is a little scattered. With that much empty space, I wouldn't normally expect people to build houses right next to each other, or to pave all the ground. Assumedly they'd want some green spaces for their kids to play without leaving the wall-fence. I also wouldn't expect such a small town to be entirely paved anyway. Also, I don't really like small houses, but that's more a style thing. There are a lot of windows.

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
The fountain top is cut off as well(wrong water)