RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
ITT:We talk about stuff

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I wonder if the movie could've been saved if the people around Lucas had just said "No, that's stupid" instead of just following him blindly.
probably yeah
I REALLY need to read the got dang books.
haha
but yeah they blow the show right out of the water with the intricacies and thematic material. there is SO much that can and should be read in to. there are so many mysteries and loose threads that it's like diving down the rabbit hole.

i really wanna talk about who jon snow's mother is (or, you know, who i think it is and why) but doing so without permission is generally considered taboo.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
I wonder if the movie could've been saved if the people around Lucas had just said "No, that's stupid" instead of just following him blindly.
probably yeah
I REALLY need to read the got dang books.
haha
but yeah they blow the show right out of the water with the intricacies and thematic material. there is SO much that can and should be read in to. there are so many mysteries and loose threads that it's like diving down the rabbit hole.

i really wanna talk about who jon snow's mother is (or, you know, who i think it is and why) but doing so without permission is generally considered taboo.
R+L? =o

I finished A Dance With Dragons about two months after it came out ( I had actually read all five books in succession within those two months lol)  Three more years and I'll get to read the next one! /sarcasm ;9

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
R+L? =o
as compelling as that theory is, it has certain holes that point to a different direction. i'll put a cheeky little clue in this here spoiler, see what you can figure from that. i just don't want to spoil things D:
Spoiler for:
Firstly, consider that in Eddard IX, AGoT, Ned mentions that he hadn't thought about Rhaegar in years. Years. That would be impossible if he'd been raising his son, plain and simple. So, if Jon isn't Rhaegar's, whose is he? Well, here's a really cool literary connection between Jon Snow and a certain Dornish house.

In Eddard X, AGoT, Ned has his famous fever dream about the Tower of Joy, when he tried to protect and save his sister Lyanna. He recalls a battle outside the tower where he and six of his friends (7 people) fight against 3 knights of the kingsguard - Ser Oswell Whent, Ser Gerold Hightower, and Ser Arthur Dayne.
In Jon IV, AGoT, there is another fight where a precious person is being fought over - Alliser Thorne pits 7 recruits against Jon Snow, Grenn and Pyp, and they have to protect Samwell Tarly. There are some crazy ridiculous connections between these two fights - particularly between the kingsguard knights and Jon's team.

Ser Oswell is of House Whent of Harrenhal - Harrenhal and House Whent are frequently associated with bats throughout the series; the sigil of House Whent is nine bats on a yellow field. So we have Ser Oswell, who is associated with bats.
The Lord-Commander of the Kingsguard was Ser Gerold Hightower. The Hightowers are shrouded in mystery, and they practice sorcery and dark arts. What happens in Oldtown stays in Oldtown. What's important is that Ser Gerold's nickname was "the White Bull." So we have Ser Gerold, who is associated with bulls.
Ser Arthur Dayne was the Sword of the Morning, a title always held by a great knight of House Dayne, along with their Valyrian greatsword Dawn. What's interesting here is that Arthur's sister, Ashara, seemed to have an affection for Brandon Stark (Ned's brother). So we have Ser Arthur, who was Sword of the Morning.

In Jon's fight at Castle Black, on his team are Pyp and Grenn. In the same chapter, shortly after the fight, Pyp is described as having the ears of a bat. So we have Pyp, who is associated with bats.
Grenn's nickname, as given by Alliser Thorne, was Aurochs. An Auroch is a specific type of oxen, or bull. So we have Grenn, who is associated with bulls.

If we have Ser Oswell Whent and Pyp being associated with bats, and Ser Gerold Hightower and Grenn being associated with bulls, that screams that there is a connection between Ser Arthur Dayne and Jon Snow.
Spoiler for:
Is Jon Snow the next Sword of the Morning, the heir to House Dayne? Are there two fire and ice couples? Rhaegar + Lyanna, Brandon + Ashara.
Spoiler for:
Well, if Jon is the child of Brandon Stark and Ashara Dayne, that begs the question: whose child is Rhaegar and Lyanna's? Well, it turns out we know exceedingly little about the childhood of...
Spoiler for:
Daenerys Targaryen. Take in to account that when Ned thinks about the promise he made to Lyanna, he feels as though he failed in keeping it. If the promise were to protect Jon, then he hadn't failed at all; Jon was safe at the Wall. If the promise were to protect Daenerys though, then he absolutely failed: just before he thought this, Robert and the small council agreed to assassinate Daenerys. Therefore, Lyanna's promise being about Daenerys makes much more sense.

ASoIaF is my favourite piece of fiction ever and I like to think I know a great deal about it. If anyone else in interested in discussing it, be it fanboying out or crackpot theories, please hit me up.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 01:27:56 PM by pacdiggity »

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Interesting!  I am not totally sold on R+L either. I do think it's an interesting proposition.  I really need to go back and read them all again. It's been a few years now, and I've watched the show in the interim. Sometimes my brain gets the two muddled.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Sometimes my brain gets the two muddled.
oh tell me about it. there are times when i'm talking to a friend who has only watched the show, and i throw in a comment about young griff, or lady stoneheart, or coldhands, and i just get blank stares. it's a nightmare.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
Oh I tell everyone I know who watches the show that they MUST read the books. There is SO MUCH MORE in the books.  I prefer the books. But I do like how the show is developing its own characters and plot lines that aren't in the books. So you can enjoy both :ladyj:

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
yeah
also the originals are far better then the prequel movies

you was trolled and got mad and probably punched a dog, because i am the trolling master of ruse town

pacman punched my dog and now she's dead rip

if u don't believe me see my first posts in this thread
:tinysmile:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
take pictures like I do with my cat :)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Using this thread to say hi :) and sorry for being out so much :(

Final projects were brutal, then I caught some kind of short-lived flu and was bedridden for the two days after completing them. ;9

oh and I have a smartphone now
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
also are we talking about cats now?
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
No now we're talking about how we couldn't do RMRK Awards this year because you have a life :(
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
there are only 4 people on RMRK how can there be 10 posts?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
we should do rmrk awards anyways >: (
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
ok have fun setting them up

Spoiler for:
you're probably the only person who know's what's up with those
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
do i win best post

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
It's kinda disturbing to watch david tennant play a villain, but he's so good at it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnWvp6xyT5U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnWvp6xyT5U</a>

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
really lazy and rushed, but we have awards! *_*

http://rmrk.net/index.php?board=305.0
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
yay ( 'w')/
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&