RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RM2k3

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
There is finally an official version of RM2k3!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/362870

Rep:
Level 75
What the...?
Can you use scripts on this version, MA?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Oh wow. I was not expecting that.

Can you use scripts on this version, MA?
no
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
I'm excited and also impressed.

Instead of releasing a new version, we get to have a retro version. I really liked rm2k3 and hope this means more people make resources for it. Those side battle chars were fun!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
what tha fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I really want to get this, but I haven't been kind to my wallet lately. ;(

I'm afraid I'd only use it once or twice. ;9 Decisions, decisions.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
pirate it

ooops we're not allowed to talk about that kind of stuff

Spoiler for Nobody but yuyu open this:
pirate it
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Maybe Touchfuzzy will admit he was a douchebag for banning cameralady for talking about it.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
According to Cameralady, she was banned from the official RPG Maker IRC for talking about 2k3, because "there is no legal english version".

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
wow

that's beyond stupid

seriously beyond stupid

:anski2:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
for the official RPG irc

not CL

CL is kewl ;_;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
Speaking of IRC. Where are you? ;-;

Also RPG Maker 95 when? :^3
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Speaking of IRC. Where are you? ;-;

had to do card reading for my first real buyer ;__; it took 4ever
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 81
Yo!
According to Cameralady, she was banned from the official RPG Maker IRC for talking about 2k3, because "there is no legal english version".

That was probably before the legal English version was made. It is in their site rules afterall. 2k also isn't allowed to be talked about except as a passing mention because there is no current legal English version. Also, more than likely she was told various times not to do so and either  ignored them or argued back - both of which are bannable offences on most forums, so...

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
That's a terrible rule. How would you even know people wanted 2k3 if there's a gag order on it?

Also, more than likely she was told various times not to do so and either  ignored them or argued back - both of which are bannable offences on most forums, so...

Widespread censorship and banning of those who disagree? Sounds like a great Orwellian state you got going over there.

For the record, I support their right to run their forum however they want. It doesn't stop me from thinking it's a terrible forum though.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 03:25:26 PM by Acolyte »

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Except she wasn't told that several times we know that because we actually TALKED to her. they just straight assumed she was a pirate because she was english speaking and using 2k3. fuck that. Those losers over at rpgmaker.web are a bunch of fucking stick up their ass having morons.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 04:08:07 PM by strike »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Except she wasn't told that several times we know that because we actually TALKED to her. they just straight assumed she was a pirate because she was english speaking and using 2k3. fuck that. Those losers over at rpgmaker.web are a bunch of fucking stick up their ass having morons.

^ That. She could have spoken Japanese for all they know lol

Isn't this the same forum that has a rule against blue font? Remember when the government passed a law that no one shall wear blue shirts because the police wear blue? Yeah, I don't either.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
There is one thing I really don't understand.
Why don't they just make it so only Admins and Mods can use blue text?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I think that is the rule. Blue is the "moderator's" font color or something. And if anyone else (peasant scum) uses it, they might be mistaken for a mod or something. Because people (peasant scum) are apparently too stupid to tell the difference between who is a mod and who isn't. Or something like that, I think.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
no lol
not why dont they only allow admins and mods to use it

why isn't it disabled for members
make it so the blue text option only works for admin mods
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
oh

I guess because then they can't ban more people?

;(
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 King of RMRK2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best MusicianFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member

That was probably before the legal English version was made. It is in their site rules afterall. 2k also isn't allowed to be talked about except as a passing mention because there is no current legal English version. Also, more than likely she was told various times not to do so and either  ignored them or argued back - both of which are bannable offences on most forums, so...

That's straight up stupid. If she were going around telling people to pirate it or something similar, then sure, that's a perfectly reasonable reason to tell them to stop or take more serious action if that's the way you want your forum run. Outright forbidding the mentioning of something that does not have a legal release in a region of the world is an entirely other (ridiculous) matter, though.

"Hey guys, marijuana is illegal in parts of the world so don't talk about it or you're dead. Also if you're gay then that's a permaban for you and your entire family. Thanks."

You can be against those things and if you have a forum then you can choose to run it that way, but that doesn't mean you aren't going to look like you're anything other than tyrannical.

I suppose a more appropriate example would be Dragon Quest X has not been released outside of Japan, therefore if you talk about it you're banned., totally neglecting the fact that if a person is talking about it, then it does not mean they have pirated it or even played it, that even if a person has played it that does not mean they didn't acquire it illegally, and that some people speak Japanese as a second language and have a perfectly valid reason for importing it. Also how is a company supposed to gauge interest in a product outside of its own region of the world if no one outside of its region in the world is allowed to even mention it? God this is so stupid.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 11:34:35 PM by haloOfTheSun »
:tinysmile:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
YES

I GOT THIS

YES

MALSON U ROCK
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
it would be cool to see 2k
have some nostalgia with my first maker

good tiem
2k3 is would also be cool to mess with

PLEASE DO NOT MENTION THAT NON-ENGLISH RPG MAKERS EXIST. THIS IS YOUR FINAL WARNING. ONE MORE OFFENSE AND YOU WILL BE PERMABANNED. REGARDS, RMRK MODERATION COMMITTEE.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 05:26:14 PM by Acolyte »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&