RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Maker3D] engine.exe has stopped working

Rep: +0/-0Level 33
RMRK Junior
Hello all,

As stated, I am trying to run the demo version of Maker 3D before actually buying it, and right now I can't even run the demo! I am able to choose one of the options from the very beginning and then it goes to a short loading screen, and just when it is almost done loading, it stops and says "engine.exe has stopped working". I have tried all that I know (yes, I have added all of the associated programs to Windows DEP). Any ideas?

I am running:
 CPU: Intel Celeron N2830 @ 2.16 GHz
 RAM: 4GB

If you need more info than that, I have a Toshiba Sattelite C55

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
May I ask where to download it?
I run myself a Windows 10 PC and could try it, then telling you what to do. ;) (\s/)

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
May I ask where to download it?
I run myself a Windows 10 PC and could try it, then telling you what to do. ;) (\s/)

Pretty much this, exactly. I run Win10 64-bit, with a ton of extras on it, so I could see if it works for me, and if not, let you know what you need to do.
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Both of you are running Windows 10 which is only out as a technical preview...

« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 07:38:25 AM by strike »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I'm currently running Windows 11 as my primary OS.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic
Both of you are running Windows 10 which is only out as a technical preview...

=P would you like a screenshot of the build number and shiny new start menu? I'm part of the Microsoft Insider program as a beta tester, and have been running Win10 for several months. I also run 8.1 64-bit and Linux Mint 64-bit..

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Topic

lmfao...   I realized that sounded bitchy after I wrote it.. Sorry bout that; I was literally 5-6 sips into my coffee and on my way to shower and get ready for work..  More awake now, but yeah...

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
(lol at seeing that gif while my sister was listening to All About That Bass)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep: +0/-0Level 33
RMRK Junior
@Trixie Lulamoon - you can go to maker3d.tk and download it.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
(lol at seeing that gif while my sister was listening to All About That Bass)

because you know I'm all about dat space

bout dat space

no planets

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off

BUT ACTUALLY PLANETS ARE FINE. I WANT TO LEARN ABOUT THOSE TOO.

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
@Trixie Lulamoon - you can go to maker3d.tk and download it.
Thank you, downloaded it fromt the first link there the demo and it works just perfect with windows 10.
It only runs super slow. (\s/)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
because you know I'm all about dat space

bout dat space

no planets

just had to say how much I appreciated the good laugh B)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]