RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMRKMon Background Design Contest!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
RMRKMon Background Design Contest!

Here's what's happening, OK?

We're planning on having super cool backgrounds, depending on each type of Pokemon! By backgrounds, I mean this thing here:

Spoiler for this thing here:

You know? That thing that appears behind your trainers and Pokemon party? Anyways, we need YOUR help with making the awesome backgrounds! Capiche?

Guidelines & Prizes

Guidelines:
~The image size must be 1270 x 143
~Avoid using borders, please! To accommodate smaller screens, the sides will cut off. This may induce terribleness.
~Specify which Pokemon type you are making the background for:
Bug, Dark, Dragon, Electric, Fairy, Fight, Fire, Flying, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Ice, Normal, Poison, Psychic, Rock, Steel, Water

Prizes:
Your choice of any Pokemon of the type that you made the background for! This includes Pokemon that have more than one type if it includes the type you made! (Example) If you design a water background, you can choose Swampert. If you design a ground background, you can also choose Swampert. (He's ground and water, duuuh.)

Designs & Rewards
Fellow Admins: Feel free to edit this post if I don't get around to it! ;o

Here's where I'll post who made what and what they got for it.

Spoiler for Brady:
Type: Psychic

Reward:

Rock:

Reward:

Ghost:

Reward:

Fighting:

Reward:

Dragon:

Reward:

Normal:

Reward:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 03:17:01 AM by The Outsider »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Decided to give this a go.
Not sure what the expectations are as far as image fidelity goes, since teh current one has kept a fairly pixel-based style and was unsure if people didn't want anything "blurrier" as it were.
So, tried to keep it somewhere between the two and just go for a simple kind of background you'd expect to see on pokemon cards and such :)
Happy to keep involved with this though, since I have been pondering about it since I saw the backgrounds go and up was expecting the "favourite type" thing to change that too. Totally happy to contribute to that as much as I can~

Psychic:
Spoiler for:

Rock:
Spoiler for:

Ghost:
Spoiler for:

Fighting:
Spoiler for:

Dragon:
Spoiler for:

« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 11:23:20 AM by Brady »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Woah, pretty cool! :D Thanks for making it! You can choose a Psychic Pokemon as a reward. :)

I'm not sure what we're going to go for, though. That depends on what Roph prefers. :)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Was wondering about the reward bit actually; what's the restrictions on our choice? like, encounter rate, shiny, legendary, 0% etc?

Well, I'll just keep trying to make a couple more in the meantime and if we get a decision for preference then I'll try focus on that more; will try leave them somewhere in the middle for the time being. Done a Rock back as well, based more on the floor graphic under the sprites~
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 07:08:09 AM by Brady »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I forgot to ask...did you make that by scratch? o.o If so, I commend you! o_o

I'm not 100% on the prizes yet, but I will definitely get back to you on that. :) Probably shiny normal or regular legendary?
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Yeah, I'm just drawing them up digitally. like I say, was wanting to see more backgrounds for the trainer page so when I saw this post I was all for getting involved! ^^
Still need to get around to making a sprite or two since I said I'd do that too, but not really had a look at GIMP yet. Downloaded it but haven't tried it; been a hectic week here with the referendum over, this is the first day I've really sat and tried to just take my mind off it; doing some pixel art is always pretty relaxing :)
Also, got a ghost type back that's been kept to low fidelity pixels to try and see what it'd look like without any styling~
Wasn't sure about the size of the platform but did a wee check to see how it'd look and seems to be fine~

« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 10:08:17 AM by Brady »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Those are pretty sweet! :) I'll send Roph a message and see if he likes the pixel or styled ones better! I'll discuss the prizes with him, as well!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
View someone's trainer profile and resize your browser window. You'll notice there's a maximum and minimum width. The images you've linked are also too small, 1024x115 instead of 1270x143. I suspect this is because you're still using photobucket (who still uses that in 2014?)

Also with the fighting one, it has special content at the far edges. The center of the background will always stay in the center, but as the browser window shrinks, the sides will be cut off.
bringing sexy back

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Also, it does seem that the pixel ones will work better with the trainer/sprites. :) For now, I'm thinking the prizes will be a pokemon of that type, either Shiny Normal or Nonshiny Legendary.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Yeah, the saved images are the right sizes; didn't realise it was resizing them. And I still use that because I made it years ago and....idk, it's just been my go-to D: Never really looked at where else to store uploads since I already had one QQ

Aye, was wondering about the fighting one if it'd work or not, but I just thought of it and imagined it as a bit of a twist over the expected fighting dojo you usually see in games. That's fine, will re-do them and get them to better pixel fidelity :)

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
Yeah, the saved images are the right sizes; didn't realise it was resizing them. And I still use that because I made it years ago and....idk, it's just been my go-to D: Never really looked at where else to store uploads since I already had one QQ

I use Imgur now, I think

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Will look into imgur I guess then. heard of that one, never really given it the time of day though...I feel so lazy!

Getting other ones pixelised as well so that they're truer to trainer quality. Not sure how you plan on doing backgrounds, if they'll be like "pick your favourite type" and that sets a single background or if it'll be like trainer sprites where people will just get to pick, so will just leave the others up there for now, in case a variety is wanted :)
(Am also just leaving them all on my first post, to save clutter or scattered images I suppose~)

As far as legendaries go; what's the restriction on that? (10% 2% 0%) Would squeal if I could get a Mew since I've no idea how to get that otherwise, but I know it's a 0% so not sure if you were going to limit it to like the 10% legendaries or something~

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I think any percentage is ok, as long as its not a part of an unreleased gen. :-)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Well Mew would be a fantastic prize then for that; have been staring at my shrinking list of "what I need for firstgen" and being stumped how to get 0%s! :D

No idea about anything other types yet though, hadn't really been thinking about prizes as much as just doing pixel art. Will think~ :)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Mew was gifted to User Brady

:-)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Give that Brady a Mew al-oh wait, Yuyu has done the deed.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The deed has indeed been decreed. :)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Well, now that I've got my breath back!

Have uploaded more pixel-flavoured backs for the two that weren't alongside the others. Have also done this on a brand new Imgur account I now have that doesn't tell me how to get /img links directly from the images like Photobucket did (sob), so they should be the correct sizes as well now. Gunna keep at this, have been thinking up what else to do! :D

Said I'd think about what else; I'm not sure how many prizes I'm allowed before it's just someone else's turn, but am having fun, so will just keep making these until I get told to stop ^^
Ghost: Shiny Gengar
Rock: Shiny Aerodactyl
Fighting: Shiny Hitmonlee (Not sure if the Fighting one is not what Roph wanted tbh, but just in case~)

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Dragon:

Was planning yesterday on asking for a shiny gen1 dragon for this if I'm still allowed more prizes, but I seem to have inadvertently led Karo and Jules on regarding a trade (honestly, I never meant to cause such confusion x.x) so could I ask for a Rayquazza instead so I can trade both of them, then everyone wins? :)

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
Said I'd think about what else; I'm not sure how many prizes I'm allowed before it's just someone else's turn, but am having fun, so will just keep making these until I get told to stop ^^
Ghost: Shiny Gengar
Rock: Shiny Aerodactyl
Fighting: Shiny Hitmonlee (Not sure if the Fighting one is not what Roph wanted tbh, but just in case~)

I dont know who else is thinking about doing this, so you can continue for as long as you desire.

You may have to tweak them if Roph asks, but I will give you all of the rewards you asked for :]

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
Gengar(Shiny) was gifted to User Brady
Aerodactyl(Shiny) was gifted to User Brady
Hitmonlee(Shiny) was gifted to User Brady
Rayquaza was gifted to User Brady

:]

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Thank-you ^^

Aye, will make any changes if they're needed, still not entirely sure if the fighting one is expecting a redo or not, but will do that if needs to be done.

Been thinking about Fire next, trying to think of a way to make it interesting beyond just "here's some fire!" xD