RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Game In A Week XIII

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
ugh. phrasing.

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Speaking of coming first....where's everyone's screenies and such? D:

We're still waiting tensely on all the scores coming in and what better way than sheer anticipation after seeing everyone's exciting screenies and synopses and other paraphernalia that cranks up the naughty gaming engine we have?!

And yes, I may have already played them and seen them all anyways but that's not the point! D:!!!

Rep:
Level 83
Well, I have been showing screenies (which are pretty simplistic), but here's an update on my game:  I added a fourth ending, and a super secret area that none of y'all will ever find! 

I also tried and tried to make an event where you can save your game for a New Game+ deal.  For some reason, I want you to be able to save your game in the middle of a page of functions, then have it go through the rest of the functions after you save, but skip them all if you reload your file!  Yeah, not working. 

2 kawaii 2 live
Rep:
Level 40
2 sugoi 2 die
u wnt a screenie of my gam?? huh PUNK??/

there u go

to be honest I really dont have anything to show off hahahaaaaa

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Did like the tileset you used, although my favourite bit about the game isn't really screenshottable, so that's just something people can look forward to!

And it doesn't matter if you've already posted screenies...post more!

Character designs, join in all of you!

Or I'll go back and give you all 0s out of sheer and immoral disappointment. Yes, yes. Judges can do that, so I've heard. :) *nod*

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Once again, I apologize for the delays on the scores. The final judge will be getting through the last of the games today.

Thank you for everyone's patience for all of this!

Rep: +0/-0Level 70
RMRK Junior
Participant - GIAW 11
Once again, I apologize for the delays on the scores. The final judge will be getting through the last of the games today.

Thank you for everyone's patience for all of this!

Patience? You mean everyone holding back the urge to rip out all their insides over the excitement patience? Then yeah no problem  :)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I have a hidden room in my gaem, made special for boe :) :) :)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature spaceSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Sounds like a bribe to me

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Sounds like a bribe to me

N-No way! More like...an Easter egg?
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature spaceSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
More like you took nudes of yourself and put them in an obscure room and only told boe how to find it

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
More like you took nudes of yourself and put them in an obscure room and only told boe how to find it

UHMM THAT'S MY PERSONAL LIFE OK ?!?! LEAVE ME AND ZOE QUINN ALONE !!! :bigmad:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
I did some figuring up of how long it took previous judges to finish their games in previous GIAW's. This was the result of my research.

Spoiler for:

Just kidding. Take your time.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 02:45:04 AM by bluntsword »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
took much longer the last couple of times, I think :V
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 83
I did some figuring up of how long it took previous judges to finish their games in previous GIAW's. This was the result of my research.

Spoiler for:
Hilarious chart

Haha.  Why are you so awesome??

2 kawaii 2 live
Rep:
Level 40
2 sugoi 2 die
Did like the tileset you used, although my favourite bit about the game isn't really screenshottable, so that's just something people can look forward to!

Awwwwwwwwww yessssss I am so glad at least someone liked some part of it!!!

And the tileset was a pain in the butt to get but totally worth it! :3

here is another screen

Rep:
Level 83

Spoiler for:
Hilarious chart

VS.

Neko rises to the occassion.  You have some competition, blunt.

I can't wait to play all your GIAWs!

Rep: +0/-0Level 36
I can't wait to play all your GIAWs!

What will happen if you wait?  Will your head explode?

Rep:
Level 83
Allow me to re-phrase for those who dislike figurative speech:

"I look forward to playing everyone's GIAW with excitement and anticipation!"

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Years ago, a group of approximately thirty scientists went on an excavation mission to explore the theory of bluntsword's awesomeness, so that perhaps they could concoct a vaccine to make everyone as awesome.

Of course, the experiment failed. Can't contain that much awesome in a vaccine. Duuuuh!

So, we are left with these questions:

Who is this bluntsword? How did he come to be in such a place? Was he birthed by some divine being and sent to rescue RMRK from the clutches of doom?
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 83
Well, I'll tell you what; this is one of the most positive forums I have ever seen.  I don't understand how there are other game-making forums that are so dang negative.  Makes me wish that vaccine of yours had succeeded.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 06:23:14 AM by flapbat »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well I'll tell you what, this is one of the most positive forums I have ever seen.  I don't understand how there are other game-making forums that are so dang negative.  Makes me wish that vaccine of yours had succeeded.

Awww, it's awesome to hear you say that! :-)

Lately, I've been checking up on another forum, and got quite a bit of perspective. Especially when I read the rules page. The other forums out there are way more restrictive...seriously. o_o You don't really get that with RMRK: we don't care if you necropost, double-post, or whatever. We have some rules and have banned people for harassing members in the past, but it doesn't happen all that often. At other places, you can get in trouble for using blue font. Yep.

Now that I've peeked at other places, it's even more difficult to imagine feeling like I can be 100% myself anywhere else. I'd really like to see this place get some more activity, because we da best. ;]

And...you know. We have a Pokemon catching system. ;o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 39
RMRK Junior
My Website:

:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
hehe.. speaking of sites like that, were any of you party of chaos project during April Fools day of 2011? The joke was pretty much making fun of sites such as that, with Blizzard being usurped and the lower staff starting a whole nazi-esque set of rules and regulations... It was hilarious after the fact, but concerning at the time...
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3