RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Game In A Week XIII

Rep:
Level 83
Think the portal gun for an amazing example. Simple to implement (sorta), but you can make so many puzzles with that alone. Any mechanic that you can reuse over and over again without having to create new huge mechanics for is just golden for a competition like this. My previous game for this competition was great for that. It was like 3-4 mechanics that I already had and I just popped them all together and they worked really well together.

Completely agree!  I spent the first 4 days making repeatable mechanics, then dove into making puzzles based off of them.  Can't wait to see your project. 

Speaking of which, would it be possible for all the contestants to get a bundle of all the games after all is said and done?

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Really looking forward to your game bluntswag.

Hoping this one ends up with more gameplay and less scenage. My last one had zero playtime!

Rep:
Level 81
Participant - GIAW 11
Edit: Alright, well I don't expect to win here but I'll be giving a very short demo in soon for the judges. :/
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 03:08:19 AM by SamieltheMDS »

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
Bleh, not even close to finished :\ I'm going to have to drop out. All I have is the intro where you select male or female, and 2 npcs. The storyline doesn't continue past the first npc. If allowed I can turn it in tomorrow and probably have a decent result.

Reasoning for whoever cares :b
Spoiler for:
The main reason I didn't finish today was because I left a lot of things in the "I'll do this at the end" stage, and it kinda blew up in mah face. Also, I am using the XpAce conversion, and I ran into an unexpected error with the tilemap, so I had to use another which works fine but creates a cache in order to work, and the cache won't update in VXA for some reason. I have to keep converting back and forth to update maps and test in ace, etc. It's kind of a hassle, but more importantly it wastes a lot of time. It's what I spent most of today doing while eventing.

So unfortunately I have to drop, unless, like i said, no one minds if I turn it in late :b

Rep:
Level 81
Participant - GIAW 11
Bleh, not even close to finished :\ I'm going to have to drop out. All I have is the intro where you select male or female, and 2 npcs. The storyline doesn't continue past the first npc. If allowed I can turn it in tomorrow and probably have a decent result.
Well I turned in a bit of a crap entry myself so I don't expect to be winning but if you turn in what you have I think you'll at least get the participation award.

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer

Rep:
Level 81
Participant - GIAW 11
Alright :\
Yep, and should you want some help with your entry (should you decide to continue it after this) let me know. ;)

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Alright, thanks :) I just submitted it to zylos. Is that the only person that I submit to?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep: +0/-0Level 70
RMRK Junior
Participant - GIAW 11
Well my time is soon to be up too. Expect our game at the end of the day. Pretty much something like the first chapter of it anyway.

#Edit

Prequel is finished!!!! Now all I've gotta do is play through it real quick to check for minor bugs and polish it off and finish making credits list. I will be sending it in couple of hours. It came out pretty much as I wanted it to!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 01:37:41 PM by Kodi123 »

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Don't worry about it being short, just try and make whatever you do have as good as possible and you'll be fine :)

Rep:
Level 81
Participant - GIAW 11
Don't worry about it being short, just try and make whatever you do have as good as possible and you'll be fine :)
I was trying for something like that myself but couldn't get what I wanted done in the end regardless. :/

Either way best of luck to those that remain.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Think the portal gun for an amazing example. Simple to implement (sorta), but you can make so many puzzles with that alone. Any mechanic that you can reuse over and over again without having to create new huge mechanics for is just golden for a competition like this. My previous game for this competition was great for that. It was like 3-4 mechanics that I already had and I just popped them all together and they worked really well together.

Completely agree!  I spent the first 4 days making repeatable mechanics, then dove into making puzzles based off of them.  Can't wait to see your project. 

Speaking of which, would it be possible for all the contestants to get a bundle of all the games after all is said and done?
It's up to the individual authors whether they wish to release or not :P

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Oh, that reminds me. I completely forgot to ask. Is there anyone who minds video reviews being done of their game, either in a showcase of the scores or in an after-contest group review like we used to?

Rep:
Level 36
Scripter
Oh, that reminds me. I completely forgot to ask. Is there anyone who minds video reviews being done of their game, either in a showcase of the scores or in an after-contest group review like we used to?
We don't mind having a video review, at least if the review isn't a destructive review... if it's going to be a destructive review I think both of us prefer not having a review than feeling bad after watching or reading it...

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Nah, we're not that mean. XD

Rep: +0/-0Level 70
RMRK Junior
Participant - GIAW 11
Aaaaand game sent! :P It was a hard week but I think it was worth it. I hope I won't end up last or second last like last year xD something better this year! Well good luck to last few! Oh and Zylos, I don't mind a video Review. Actually would love one xD Especially let's play vid to see reactions.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I wud not mined a vidiyo ravew

in fact, I would love to join in on the reviews or maybe even host them this time around, if no one else wants to. ;o This computer should run anything MUCH better than my last one.

*edit* but I'd need funny sidekicks, like boe and aco and strike, because I'm not funny enuf B(
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 09:21:53 PM by yuyu! »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
yeah you prolly dont want my voice in a recording unless you want it to be shit
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
boe u have a beautiful voice to make all teh angels jealos ok :mad:

OK :mad:

OK.
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep: +0/-0Level 69
RMRK Novice
I just had not the time to work harder on this project, and even when my dead line is tomorrow i know it will be impossible to make any changes or upgrades, besides the project is finished.

It's more a proof of concept but entirely playable and bug free.

I like to challenge the posibilities of the maker, and i hope this project shows that, it's full of very simple original engines and scripts.

I'm pretty sure there will be grammar or spelling mistakes because english is not my native language

I wish luck to everyone!

By the way i WANT a video review I MEANT:i don't disagree with that idea.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 09:50:17 PM by sipsop »

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
Video review would be fun haha
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Rep:
Level 87

I'd love it! This isn't my best work and I definitely know a lot of the mistakes I made, but it'll be interesting to see how hard people think this game is as a first time player.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I'll be in the video reviews. It's the least I could do after crushing everyone's faith by dropping out.

Rep:
Level 96
It's okay, you never promised us anything and definitely don't owe us anything. :3
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&