RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Game In A Week XIII

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Looks cool! :-) It's neat to see games from makers other than XP, VX, and VXA!
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
Submitted, and with two hours to spare even..

I know of one bug at the moment, but it's a flaw we're trying to work out with the XPAce engine itself, so faior warning to the judges: Trying to "use item" and selecting an empty space returns an error

Only happens in battle though, so, I have no idea =/

Fixed. Re-uploading. Still 1 1/2 hours before the time limit :D
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 02:35:34 AM by PhoenixFire »
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Rep:
Level 83
Thanks Yu-Yu.

The issue with RM2K games is unpacking them...  They're a pain to try and share with people!  I'm working on an upload that will install easily.  The judges all have the project, but I've got to make it easier to share with anyone else who wants it.

Rep:
Level 66
welcome to night vale
Contestant - GIAW 10
Yeah, this isn't gonna happen. Way too much work and I'm behind on sleep as it is. Someday, though, really! It's good to see others getting into it all, at least.  :yuyu:

Rep:
Level 81
Participant - GIAW 11
Well I could back out but I think I'll try to get just a demo in at the least to enter in and it will be the prologue/tutorial I'm thinking. Who knows how it will end up going though. :/

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
So like it's gettin there, but I am not sure that it will be that great :\ This is actually going to be my first game demo, aside from the rpgmaker contest game, and it's really the first using traditional mapping/eventing and stuff, so this has been a really good experience for me lol. Also, I don't think I've mentioned it but I'm on central time (u.s)

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Working on screens. Here's a title:

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
...This is actually going to be my first game demo...

Holy crap, me too! This is the first demo I've ever finished to be more specific lolz
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Rep:
Level 36
Scripter
...This is actually going to be my first game demo...

Holy crap, me too! This is the first demo I've ever finished to be more specific lolz
In the case of Darkness and me it's the second one, but it is the first time we try to do a game without using resources or scripts of other people. For this one we decided to use the default RTP resources or the ones we were able to do in one week from scratch. Although I am proud of the game we've got in our hands.

The most important thing we want to achieve with this we already got it, which are the knowledge obtained this week and the test of our habilities. The feedback is only an interesting plus.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Working on screens. Here's a title:

Spoiler for:

'Looks good, bluntsword! It brings me back to your book-cover making game thread and the short story challenge. ;_; The good ol' couple-months-ago days.

In the case of Darkness and me it's the second one, but it is the first time we try to do a game without using resources or scripts of other people. For this one we decided to use the default RTP resources or the ones we were able to do in one week from scratch. Although I am proud of the game we've got in our hands.

Very cool! :-) I mostly stuck to the RTP, but I used a couple scripts that generally made my life easier (such as Modern Alg's formatting script. I've started using that in every game since I realized I should have done it in the "Postman" ;_; ).

If you decide to stick with RTP-Only for that game, you should check out our RTP-Only Challenge. It hasn't been active for awhile, but everyone is always free to jump in and join at any time. No time limits or anything, just a personal challenge to not use any outside resources or scripts. :]
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Well, I'm officially disappointed. Akatharsia dropped out and Exhydra is past due, so they are unfortunately both out. I may still accept the latter since he hasn't even been online since before his deadline, but he'd have to have a very good excuse that would have prevented him from even touching his game between now and then, and even then it'd be up to the judges discretion and scrutiny.

Exhydra, when you get around to reading this, send me a PM ASAP so we can see if you can still submit or if your circumstances are beyond even just applying a penalty for lateness.

Additionally, Kingjing is also past due at this point and hasn't even been heard from since his starting post, so he too is out. Every now and then, we do get the odd ones who join and then absolutely forget to even make a game. Oh well. Next up is Chaos_Zexion, SamieltheMDS, and Darkness & Axel sometime today, followed by llama32, Team Bayside, and Urbanlord3000 tomorrow. Out of six potential projects, we're guaranteed to get at least a couple of finishers!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
COME ON LETS DO THIS GUYS

ARE U IN IT TO WIN IT OR WHAT YEAHHH
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep: +0/-0Level 65
Artist
We have ended our game, we only need finish 2 events and adjust the difficult, we have our own time , so we have yet 12 hours, I'm finishing it right now adjusting the difficult, I want it to be hard.
We have create all the game around a script we make in 4 days, I have never see this type of game in rpg maker.
So you will have today our game without problems.

And sorry for my english XD.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 11:44:38 AM by Jonysonic5000 »

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Bleh, I have been feeling rushed the past few days, and I tend to get distracted at that point. I spent so much time doing really pointless things that the game is not turning out the way I planned at all xD
It's 8:30AM for me atm, let's hope I can work some magic.

Rep:
Level 36
Scripter
Less than 8 hours for us and I'm getting a bit nervous... too many things I want to add and the problem that if I break something with my scripts I could be unable to repair it in time... What a dilemma! At least I know that the survival part of our game is the best I can program in one week.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
That's part of the point of GIAW. You have so many plans to make something awesome and feel like you can push yourself to do it since it only takes a single week of your time. However, when you get down into it, you realize that in order to even finish you will need to cut back on some of your ideas and just go with what works for you. Some of the best games I've ever seen done in a GIAW contest have had small, simple ideas for the base of what they wanted to do, and then expanded out from there once the base was in place. It especially helps people with overly ambitious plans to really focus on the core of what they need to do to make a good game.

Lengthy attempt at being wise aside, I've seen some good stuff so far and look forward to seeing the rest of it. :3

Rep:
Level 83
Yeah, I actually pulled two all-nighters in a row to finish my project.  Stayed up till 5:00 in the morning, and had to be up by 8:00!  And I was still late in submitting!  I've had more fun making this game than any other one though.  It really helps to be pushed and GET IT DONE!  :)

-flap

Rep:
Level 36
Scripter
I think our game needs some more adjustments... we have been trying to finish the game to test everything's going like it should be but we are unable to get to the second area due to the survival part of the game... we are unable to get eatable or drinkable loot... I hope we finally get something not too buggy or too hardcore for the judges...

Rep:
Level 81
Participant - GIAW 11
Honestly, I haven't actually even started to put things together yet just get more of prep work done towards it but I suppose I'll try and see what I can get done by the deadline. :/

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Lengthy attempt at being wise aside, I've seen some good stuff so far and look forward to seeing the rest of it. :3
Ah, I see. I tend to be overly ambitious, so that really doesn't help. I did have to cut out like 75% of the stuff that I had planned lol, mainly because making the graphics for them now (even if only rtp) would take too long ._. I don't think I'll even get to finish the first quest, but oh well. I tried lol! Will submit it in a few hours :D

Rep: +0/-0Level 65
Artist
Game sended and ended, all operative we think, with 4 minutes leaf XDDD I only wait that the link works fine...xD

Rep:
Level 36
Scripter
We finally got it, I prefer if we had one or two hours more to test things better, but I know that judges will be able to skip buggy scenes if there is any. I think we test at least the most important things and I hope that Darkness translated all the important stuff because we didn't remember that it should be in English and we started it in Spanish...

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Scene edit for three minutes.
Play test for half an hour.
Rinse and repeat.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Really looking forward to your game bluntswag.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 87
I always just try to think of a mechanic that is easy to make and has a lot of...idk the word for it. Ways to be shown off? Think the portal gun for an amazing example. Simple to implement (sorta), but you can make so many puzzles with that alone. Any mechanic that you can reuse over and over again without having to create new huge mechanics for is just golden for a competition like this. My previous game for this competition was great for that. It was like 3-4 mechanics that I already had and I just popped them all together and they worked really well together.

This year tho...One mechanic sucked and I ended up cutting it. One I didn't really like very much after implementing it. One was great and I created a few bosses that utilized it. I kinda wish I just used that one mechanic throughout the game. It woulda gone a lot faster and it woulda turned out a lot better.

Don't just think small, think smart. Or better, think small and smart :D.