RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What's the first video game you ever played?

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Someone doesn't read all of the previous posts.

Rep:
Level 56
RMRK Junior
Someone doesn't read all of the previous posts.

Oh. Sorry. I must have gotten distracted by all the pretty pictures. I did read, I just skipped over that one for some reason /fail.

I support:

Rep:
Level 55
Infected with the sickness.
Im not sure which game was my first but I remember it was a game for the commondore 64.. probably something like Lemmings or Track and Field :P

The first game that I owned myself, was Super Mario Bros, or possibly Mega Man. for the Nes!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 01:14:05 AM by Dizturb3d »
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Pacman. On an Atari 2600. Those were the good old days :aco:

Rep:
Level 84

Played it at a friend's house, got a 64 that Christmas with several games. It was then that I was introduced to the SNES and NES as well. So I may have started late, but I've still gotten in my fair share of Super Mario Bros.

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
My parents have always been a bit prudish about video games growing up, so we had one console system and one console system only until I had actually saved up enough allowance to get myself a PS2 in middle school. So, since all I had growing up was a Sega Genesis, my first game is probably an obvious one:

This is my story, except that I bought a Gamecube instead of a PS2. :lol:
Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb!!

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
sonic on a sega

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Pacman. On an Atari 2600. Those were the good old days :aco:

*AIR FIST*
:tinysmile:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
sonic as your first game must be great because gaming can only gone uphill from there

probably Warcraft, Descent, or C&C. Warcraft 2 Duke 3D, Descent, and Quake are the first games I really remember playing, but I vaguely, at some point a really long time ago, played the original C&C and Warcraft so I'm going to assume I played them before my more vivid memories of Warcraft 2 and Red Alert.

gaming in my house was fun because we had two computers next to each other until maybe 1998 so one of my brothers would always be there to either play with me or show me the ropes.

Rep:
Level 50
Lone Dreamer
Alex Kidd in Miracle World, on a Master System.

Rep: +0/-0Level 46
Evented AI
One of the Kings Quest games together with my father!  :tpg:
Sadly, I don't even remember which one, but it had to be between V and VII.

Rep:
Level 60
One of the Kings Quest games together with my father!  :tpg:

This, except it was one of the Roger Wilco games (Space Quest something-or-other). I was really too little to do much in it, though, so I guess the first game that I really played and loved by myself was the original Doom. I still load Doom and Doom II up once in a while to play through them. :)

Coincidentally, Doom was also where I found out that I was more interested in creating games than playing them for the most part -- my dad got a copy of EdMap back when it was a good DOS editor for Doom WAD files. I wasted so much time creating levels and such that it was positively ridiculous for a while.

I kind of wish that I still had those levels I made now, actually, even though I was like... seven years old or something when I made them.