RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Hi, hello, howdy.

Rep:
Level 60
So, hello, everyone. We made a brief introduction in the IRC channel, but decided it was probably best that we introduce ourselves here, as well. :V

And... you've probably noticed the use of the plural "we," and no, I'm not a grammar 'tard. We've been diagnosed with dissociative identity disorder (you might remember it as "multiple personality disorder") since 2009. So yeah, we make odd use of personal pronouns at times, but it honestly does make some sense (usually). Basically, when we're talking about ourselves singularly, we use singular pronouns. When we're referring to the totality of the system, we use plurals.

As for having separate identities, well, that... sometimes gets interesting when navigating forums or other online communities (much like it does in real life, actually). Basically, I imagine that I (Eden) will be speaking most of the time. There are three others who are interested, but I expect them to talk less in general. Just in case, though, they should, hopefully, prepend their (user?) names when they make comments and such just to make things a little easier to understand.

As for who they are and how to tell them apart... I guess I can let them make their own introductions here. (That should also make for a nice demonstration of what I meant by "prepend their names," too....)

Solistra:
Whoever wrote this introduction for me before, do me a favor: don't try to pass yourself off as me. It's incredibly offensive. - Sol

foad:
hey. name's jake, or foad. i don't really do this shit, so... ok. i'm a musician, i work on just about any songs we need for what we're workin on. don't do them all on my own cause my style doesn't always mix well. tend to be the 'protector' of the group, tho i didn't really ask for that, but i don't really care either. don't talk too much

Marc:
Salaam. :) My name is Marcus, and it is very nice to meet you all. :)

I am a scripter, though I admit that I have not worked with RGSS2 much. As such, I am still learning it, but I am quite impressed by how quickly I have been able to throw some things together. :) I am not new to Ruby, though! Just the newer versions of it. ;)

Honestly, I imagine that I will leave much of the conversation to the others, but if I see something of interest, I will certainly add my thoughts. And having said that, I believe I have run out of things to say, so I shall end my introduction here. :)

Eden:
Okay, so... with all of them out of the way, I guess I can properly introduce myself. I used to be an active member of the RPG Maker scene back in the 2k/3 days (back when this site was Crankeye, actually). For some reason, I've never really felt like making traditional JRPGs with the Maker series, but I keep coming back to them whenever I have an idea for something. Can't really beat the familiarity of the interface. :P

So, yeah, I'm back into the swing of things a bit more now, and interested in cranking out a rather simple idea for a horror-themed game. It'll be interesting trying to do that given the resources I have, but I hope I can make it work.

And... yeah, so, that's me, me, me, and me. Hopefully that wasn't too confusing for you (and if you TL;DR'd down here, could you at least try to read the bolded parts, please?), and I'm always open to questions if anyone has them.

And... off we go.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 06:57:23 PM by Fall From Eden »

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Haha you're weird!

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
But really it's all good.

Rep:
Level 60
Haha you're weird!

Indeed.

Solistra:
Quite.

Marc:
Very much so. :)

foad:
my name stands for 'fuck off and die'

Eden:
Really, though, disclaimer of "it's all good" not necessary. I didn't join the community before watching how it works. ;)

Rep:
Level 102
Fuck you.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
okay venom.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Welcome to RMRK.

You said three who are "interested". Are there more of you? :o

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
foad:
hey. name's jake, or foad. i don't really do this shit, so... ok. i'm a musician, i work on just about any songs we need for what we're workin on. don't do them all on my own cause my style doesn't always mix well. tend to be the 'protector' of the group, tho i didn't really ask for that, but i don't really care either. don't talk too much

Rep:
Level 60
Welcome to RMRK.

You said three who are "interested". Are there more of you? :o

Twelve total, although the level of involvement with our daily lives varies greatly. Honestly, the ones who are interested in posting here are also the ones who are generally the most active in our day-to-day life, so... I suppose that means that we generally have a genuine interest in making games with RPG Maker VX. :P

foad:

to DrSword: HELL yes

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
well at least you won't need to recruit for a team. :V

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Uhh...

What? :o
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Welcome!

*puts on fake mustache*

Welcome!

*puts on sombrero*

Welcome!
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpzxf_flm8M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpzxf_flm8M</a>

Rep:
Level 60

Too true. :V

Actually, we're all working on different parts of the same project right now, interestingly enough....

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
How many of you are girls? :o
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I'm calling bullshit.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Welcome!

*puts on fake mustache*

Welcome!

*puts on sombrero*

¡HOLA MUCHACHOS!

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
Nevertheless, Even you guys are 70 people..
 :zwelcome:
なんでやねん

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki

something just flew out my nose
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Welcome :3

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 60
How many of you are girls? :o

Two. And three others are genderless. You know, you can always ask us through PMs, most of us don't mind answering (most) questions.

I'm calling bullshit.

You can if you'd like. I just wanted to make an introduction this way so that inexplicable, sudden changes in behavior / style / etc. aren't just completely random, and I've taken a policy of transparency over the past six months or so (not sure how long, actually, I'm exceptionally bad with time). I have to admit, I'm surprised no one's called "troll" yet, though. ;)

Really, though, if anyone "calls bullshit" or thinks that we're otherwise insincere, that's fine with me; I can't change your opinion, and it would be pointless to try to. Just... treat us like any other member, really. Like I said, the whole point of us introducing ourselves like this was to avoid the inevitable "who are you" that always happens (not to mention others believing I've been hacked, etc.), and just to be generally open and honest.

Oh, and Omar Little is an awesome character, by the way.