RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Anime season summer 2010

Rep:
Level 91
With the ending of FMA 2, durarara and anything else I actually watched the previous season I am now stuck once again with nothing but the new season...
(So yeah still got k-on running but it's like watching season 1 all over again and quite honestly it's pretty mediocre even for a slice of life)

So... here we got summer 2010

So far I gave a shot to Amagami SS but I really don't see this one going anywhere.
It seems to be a yet another "Hi I got a crazy idea let's make a romance anime with 1 guy and 1000 girls or so, and let's make it so that he'll have every possible chance with everyone and screw all of them up!"
Will probably be dropped soon...

Then I tried high school of the dead and found it hilarious, I mean I saw every zombie movie ever made (well 1980 and up to say the least) but this?!
It's so stupid and filled with so many cliches and yet they insist of showing panties all over!
I mean really???
"Zombies can't be killed you gotta... smash their heads!" "Oh noes my friend is transforming into a zombie extremely slowly :O whatever shall I do, everyone else seem to transform instantly but he is quite the drama queen... guess I'll have to kill him soon huh?"
And of course the usual "No one figured out how to get them killed excluding a small group of annoying teenagers"
Anyway I have hopes that the next episode will be even worse, which will hopefully make it funny which is exactly why I enjoy watching zombie movies.

And hoping for some laughed I tried Hitsudomoe which turned up to be an ecchi anime about 6 years old..
(No I don't care how old they claim they are!) anyway... yeah not for me.

Cat shit one looking promising and I'll give a shot to shiki too

Anyone else has thoughts about the new season?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 06:09:11 PM by blueXx »
holy shit my sig was big!

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
I've watched Sekirei and it's just a fighting fan service anime, though i like the look of high school of the dead

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
though i like the look of high school of the dead

Also a fan service anime.

I don't think I can see any anime that interests me out of that list.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Mitsudomoe looks cute, but otherwise they all look pretty bad.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009

Rep:
Level 91
Rofl @ Tezuka's chat image

Anyway I have hopes for shi ki and Cat shit one, none seem to be a fan service anime, quite rare in this season it seems.
Also I disagree about high school of the dead, I mean sure it has it's fair share of fan service but rather than being the main focus it's more of a yet another extremely stupid thing.
I actually found myself giggling when the main girl character was like "Oh no I am going to be slayed.. and my PANTIES ARE SHOWING nooo anything but my panties showing!!! T_T"
So if they'll just keep it at that, that can really work

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
The only worth one this july is HSotD . . . It ain't surprise that they give all Ecchi stuff this summer, and with the whole Moe-Blob crap they've been given lately it's a relief.

^ This sir, made my day, cookies for you :3

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I need a new place to read Kuroshitsuji because OM took it down. ;9 And Nurarihyon no Mago is a pretty cool manga.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
http://www.mangareader.net/102-2010-1/kuroshitsuji/chapter-1.html

Read it while you can, it's probably gonna get taken down by the licensers.

BTW: Digimon Xross Wars doesn't look like a fanservice anime, though I doubt anyone cares.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I wholesomley recomend Highschool of the dead :D
The manga is cliched filed, but its still quite good, so, as an assumption..i think the anime should be okay?

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Well, it's probably one of the few if you don't want what's there, but it ain't a masterpiece as I've heard from some sources . . .

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
Although this started at the begining of the summer its already finished, however GO WATCH IT NOW, no questions:

its called Angel Beats and is fantastic.

Rep:
Level 91
Although this started at the begining of the summer its already finished, however GO WATCH IT NOW, no questions:

its called Angel Beats and is fantastic.

Actually AB belongs to spring season.
And my opinion of it:
Good character design
Good concept
Great animation
Epic fail in making up the plot, storytelling and minor things like understanding the meaning of "time" and "logic".
Every single plot twist in this show was like a knife designed to make you say "WTF? how? how did you manage to make this any worse?!" as it stabs the plot over and over.
Not to mention major arcs were narrowed to 1 episode and in return we got boring fillers where nothing happens at all spread all over...

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Disappointing list tbh
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Angel Beats left me in despair in the last episode . . . Time Paradox. . . I just . . . don't get it.

Rep:
Level 91
Seen shiki's first episode
It feels a lot like higurashi, I really hope this won't turn into a umineko, I have huge hopes for this one.

Rep:
Level 76
~Crazy Lazy Workaholic~
I loved Shiki's first episode so much I went and read the manga.

I like it a lot better than Higurashi and Umineko because... THERE IS NO RESET BUTTON! WOOT! People die and stay dead. Technically anyway... >_> It's really engaging and I can't help but be engrossed by the logic and mechanics placed behind this story...

I'm enjoying HSoD anime, but I'm not a fan of action/fanservice manga that much, so I'm more into watching it than going to read it.

Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin also seems pretty cool so far.

I also like Nurarihyon no Mago... I should look into reading the manga...

~My Projects~

~ VocaloidVX ~ Second Life Project ~
~ RPG Maker Collective ~
To support this forum, it's the first place that will gets posted some updates of mine, check it out ^_~

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
Angel Beats left me in despair in the last episode . . . Time Paradox. . . I just . . . don't get it.

See Lost, same time paradox yet you dont baw about it

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

See Lost, same time paradox yet you dont baw about it

DAS likes LOST?

Also I read Highschool of The Dead a loooooooooong time ago on onemanga, and it's fantastic.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 01:55:14 AM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Aw!

I love Higurashi! Anyways, I can honestly say that all of these series look like crap to me.

I mean, some of them even seem like blatent rip-offs or continuations of other anime, cartoons, and games...

Ookimison sounds a lot like Rosario x Vampire (vampire and other monsters try to change the world)

Nurarihyon sounds like a mix between shaman king and reborn (without a tiny hitman, of course)

Strike witches? simply Oh-whatzahoozie (I don't recall the name... It was a really good anime though, where there were people who used Alters, I think they were called... meh) with an airforce

Of course, I know that some of these might have come before or after each other, making me seem like an ignorant jackass, but that isn't the point. The point is, if it's already been made into an anime, other than nerds like us, it will just enforce the stereotype that all anime is exactly the same, and it will
be utterly boring to anyone who starts making too many connections (because then you will notice the formula being followed)

Idk... Perhaps I am just being crotchety?
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 91
So half way through and my impressions:
occult - dropped, ookami - dropped, amagami - GREAT way better than expected sadly I just really wish it would be different guys I mean this guy has no personality to begin with...
still I enjoy the design behind the girls, still watching.
cat shit one - when is that episode 2 coming? episode 1 was quite enjoyable
shiki - I am really laughing out loud at the stupidity of some of the characters I mean it's about time they'll do their 1+1, I hope there is a twist though.
and seriously, this doctor would kill people with a common cold, stop sending people home!!!
lol and doesn't that half-zombie tactless guy look like michael jackson? :D
thank god it's not boring lame and stupid as umineko, still higurashi was better (sure rika had a reset button but it was so darn well made..!)

HSOD is just a mix between "wtf" "lol are they really that dumb?!" and "lol more random fan service"
but really nothing so far beated the first episode of it in terms of stupidity, and I just love it
by far one of the best zombie series/films I have ever seen, most of them only have one thing that's so stupid you'll be laughing a year about it (for example there was that one zombie movie where every time a zombie went on fire their heads exploded even if no flames reached them ^_^ )
some of my favorite things
"I got this special number from my dad he said I should call it only if it's an emergency" "and it wasn't half an hour ago when people were randomly killed around here because...?"
"omg the town is burning with copy-paste smoke!!!!"
"I am in the spear club, watch me get beaten by my own spear twice"
"how fast can a zombie kill a main character that's sitting 1 stair away from it and not moving? 5-6 minutes tops! first he gotta crawl then stand up, then crawl again, then advance slowly, did we mention he started 10cm away?"
"how long does a friend of a main character takes to transform into a zombie?" "if he wears an armored jacket ... about 1000 times longer than others!"
"omg omg I can't believe it omg omg the cops are shooting omg omg what are they shooting at omg omg zombies omg omg"
"I am a doctor!" (still looking for that proof...)

and that's just the first episode! (sadly it's like they really enjoy recycling scenes and nothing funny can happen in those unless your memory is actually bad enough not to remember what happened a whole entire episode ago)

can't wait until "1 kick - k.o" guy and his little fans come back

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
I wanna check out Strike Witches 2, but I haven't even seen the first one yet because I can't find a torrent that's fully uncensored. I found one that had most of them uncensored, but a few of the episodes weren't, according to the comment section. And I don't freakin' like to see things when they're censored.

I'm definitely gonna get into High School of the Dead though.