RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
TF2 Updates: The Sniper

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
http://www.teamfortress.com/sniperupdate/

Bow and Arrow:

Pros:
charges to full faster than sniper rifle (1 sec full power)
can stick corpses (live people?) to walls
instacrit headshots
likely fires faster
possibly could counter bonk? (unlikely)
possibly allows for movement at full speed while aiming (uncertain)

Cons (guesswork):
no scope - I doubt it has a zoom function
likely does less damage (either from non-headshots or just overall)
less ammo

No release date for the patch has been announced, but Valve is supposed to unveil new details over the coming days about the other Sniper updates.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 05:59:22 PM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
:O awesome, makes me want to play sniper more

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I just heard about it today on a server.
This looks cool, but it'll be weird having 7/10 players in a team as snipers.
The new maps are cool and that new gametype looks nice.

Arlen is hot.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
it'll be scout/spy heaven.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
They should update them all at once. :|

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
No, that's dumb. The game would go without update for a year and then they'd throw everything at once?
Instead, keep the game alive and active so everyone waits so that they can see all the updates/get all of them
Besides, if you give too many achievements at once, people get bored of trying to do them

More info:
Sniper update turned into a spy update!

The sniper gets a backshield, so he can stay safe from spies (Seeing as everyone will be spies, now the the sniper update will come out)
All the new spy-items are cool. It'll be a whole lot easier =)
Arlen is hot.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Arlen is hot.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Meet The Spy:
http://www.gamingterritory.com/tf2stuff/siQz7yfT5Tc-high.mp4

holy crap I laughed so hard.

The Razorback
pros:
whips the spy for 10,000 volts when he backstabs you
prevents backstabbing until knife cools down

cons:
doesn't look like it protects you very much, maybe keeps you from instant kill
slowdown
destroyed on one hit

SPY:
the "Dead Ringer"
any nonlethal damage cloaks you and creates an illusion that you died
pros:
increased enemy paranoia
disguise -> cloak seamlessly
unknown if the cloaking masks fire

cons:
might out quickly
unknown if metal pickup works or not

the "Cloak and Dagger"
pros:
increased enemy paranoia
remain cloaked forever by standing still

cons:
no metal pickup
might run out quickly

And then there's 'meet the spy'!
http://www.gamingterritory.com/tf2stuff/siQz7yfT5Tc-high.mp4

in meet the spy you see the red spy fling a sapper along the ground, which emits a pulse and disables the sentry.  could this be the final upgrade item?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 03:16:18 PM by NAMKCOR »

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Nah, I think the meet the videos have a little extra stuff. The spy flining the sentry and the sniper having a hand-to-hand combat with the spy. Also, the blue soldier killing his own team spy..etc etc.

Also, it would've been cooler if before backstabbing the heavy and soldier, the red spy would've said "Surprise"

And I think the dead ringer will not be of great help because when you fake your death, the "player kill player" sign won't come on the top right.
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 87
And I think the dead ringer will not be of great help because when you fake your death, the "player kill player" sign won't come on the top right.
Agreed. I think the Cloak and Dagger is gonna be a lot better.

Also, the "sliding the sapper along the ground" seems kinda lame; I mean, ingame, you always have to attach the sapper to the sentry, and even then it takes about 5-10 seconds to destroy, so I doubt they'll actually put that in the game.

Also, lol at Scout's mother. ;8

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Nah, I think the meet the videos have a little extra stuff. The spy flining the sentry and the sniper having a hand-to-hand combat with the spy. Also, the blue soldier killing his own team spy..etc etc.

the flare gun was in meet the sniper.
the sandvich was in meet the scout.

both of them were released after the videos (if I'm not mistaken)

Also, the "sliding the sapper along the ground" seems kinda lame; I mean, ingame, you always have to attach the sapper to the sentry, and even then it takes about 5-10 seconds to destroy, so I doubt they'll actually put that in the game.

I'd imagine that the sliding sapper would only stun the sentry, not destroy it.  or maybe take longer to do.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
I assume from the video that there will be a spy item that allows you to instantly change into the person you kill?
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I assume from the video that there will be a spy item that allows you to instantly change into the person you kill?

hmm
that's also very possible.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
That would be very cool, but you can still do that.
What would be cooler would be that after you kill your enemy, you can make his corpse vanish and keep his name for like..until he respawns or something?
Arlen is hot.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
That would be very cool, but you can still do that.
What would be cooler would be that after you kill your enemy, you can make his corpse vanish and keep his name for like..until he respawns or something?

that's what I was thinking when I said that.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 04:14:19 PM by NAMKCOR »

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
oh lol
;-;

Spy Achievements:
http://www.teamfortress.com/spyupdate/

And because they haven't given what the achievements are (not when I read it >:C). Also, I don't think we can trust this lol
http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Spy_achievements

Many of these are very easy though. Backstabbing a scout/spy happens as you keep playing as a spy, killing snipers with revolvers are everyday things-if they see you coming towards them etc

Edit: Diplomacy says there will be a revolver unlockable.
!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 05:31:49 AM by Agent »
Arlen is hot.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
spy unlock is going to be called 'the ambassador' and the sniper will be getting 'jarate' likely a reference to the april fools' joke

Spoiler for:

also, KKK member is 10th class
snuck him into the meet the spy vid.
screen below
Spoiler for:

edit:
also, look closer at the spy on this page: http://www.teamfortress.com/spyupdate/day04_english.htm

he's holding a cig in his left hand, and teh dead ringer in his right hand
what if the ringer is a disguise kit replacement?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 02:22:59 PM by NAMKCOR »

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Meet The Spy was awesome, Scout's Mom....  :tpg:

Spy and Sniper are my second/third favorites in no real order, so this is super cool.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Nah, I think he just does it to show of his new thing (fake corpse seen behind sniper). And the cig is to be cool.
But yes, the dead ringer will replace something..but not the disguise kit. It's the main thang
Arlen is hot.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
it's a possibility.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Nah, I think he just does it to show of his new thing (fake corpse seen behind sniper). And the cig is to be cool.
But yes, the dead ringer will replace something..but not the disguise kit. It's the main thang

Sapper maybe?

Wow...the ambassador looks fantastic.
Also, are the released Sniper updates actually real? Like the Bow and Arrow, that's really cool.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Yeah, I think on day 7 the sniper will kill the spy and they'll list the achievements etc.
Also, I was expecting the ambassador to be a silencer-type thingy.

;-;
Arlen is hot.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Sapper maybe?

they'll never replace the sapper, it's as central to the spy as the disguise kit.

Honestly, if you used the Dead Ringer (assuming no disguise kit) with either the regular watch, or the Cloak and Dagger, it is very possible that you could stealth around their base invisible near constantly, and if they find you, you can appear to die and escape.  It's just as effective, if not moreso, than the disguise kit. It is, in essence, a second type of disguise.

edit: you'd still be easily found by routine spychecks.  This spy is also very offensive, and lacks the capability to sap (mostly) due to lack of disguises.  It essentially would make this type of spy into an assassin, and less of a utility character.

Instead of an impersonation spy, you could be an infiltration spy.  Different play styles for different people.

Also, are the released Sniper updates actually real? Like the Bow and Arrow, that's really cool.

yes, it's been confirmed to be a dual update.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 04:12:42 PM by NAMKCOR »

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Honestly, if you used the Dead Ringer (assuming no disguise kit) with either the regular watch, or the Cloak and Dagger, it is very possible that you could stealth around their base invisible near constantly, and if they find you, you can appear to die and escape.  It's just as effective, if not moreso, than the disguise kit. It is, in essence, a second type of disguise.

And here I was thinking the spy was godawful useless without the disguise kit, and you come and oneup my own thoughts.  ;9
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
The spy had a 'feign death' move in the original TF, but Valve said that it was too difficult to impliment in TF2, so they took it out. I guess they figured out a better way to use it.