RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
TF2 Updates: The Sniper

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Honestly, if you used the Dead Ringer (assuming no disguise kit) with either the regular watch, or the Cloak and Dagger, it is very possible that you could stealth around their base invisible near constantly, and if they find you, you can appear to die and escape.  It's just as effective, if not moreso, than the disguise kit. It is, in essence, a second type of disguise.

And here I was thinking the spy was godawful useless without the disguise kit, and you come and oneup my own thoughts.  ;9

even if the dead ringer doesn't remove the disguise kit, it still becomes a very offensive based spy, as you can pretty much pull this off by picking up ammo while invisible, and uncloaking in the same hotspots as before.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
A skilled spy will become very overpowered.
Anyways, it is now called the Sniper Vs. Spy Update. Jarate introduced.
Sounds and looks funny, dropping piss on people.
Achievements look easy, many of them NEED the unlockables (not that they can be easier with them, they need them)

Can't wait =)

Edit: http://www.tf2wiki.net/wiki/Sniper_achievements
lol, if these are real then they are WAY too easy
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 09:01:25 AM by Agent »
Arlen is hot.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Why the razorback isn't useless.

It seems VALVe is catering to a more mid-range, in the thick of it all, combat sniper with this update.

The Huntsman is midrange, Jarate is a utility weapon, and the Razorback is protection against your natural enemy.

But the Razorback seems utterly useless.
If you're lining up a shot from a roost on 2fort or Granary, he can just shoot you, no problem. The lowered speed and lack of another weapon is also a problem. If you're playing backline sniper, that is.

Imagine you're in a group with the Huntsman and the Razorback. You're mid-ranging and helping your team get kills by sticking around them rather than hanging out on a roof somewhere. The spy sees you with your razorback. He's not going to shoot you, that'd be stupid (no guaranteed kill and he'd be revealed), and he sure can't backstab you, because then he'd be revealed and unable to stab again, still without the assurance of a kill. Also, in the heat of things, the spy might try to go on a stabbing spree and land one on you without thinking. Bam, volts to the brain and a hot knife. Seems like a pretty useful item in a situation like this.

And yes, I realize that the razorback really doesn't do much if you play backline, and that you'd be better off without it, I won't dispute that point as I agree with it.

If you play in combat with the midrange weapons, then the razorback is actually feasible. Like the other updates, they're allowing for multiple play styles. Hell, this would even make snipers useful for indoor maps, where sniping is dreadful (at least for me).

I, personally, might get some use out of this thing in combo with the Huntsman.

Lastly: this is all speculation, the razorback might do far more than just a backstab shield, I'm going based on the idea that all it does is protect from backstabbing.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
New Valve Thing: You prolly know this
No more milestones needed. To unlock a weapon, you just gotta walk over dropped weapons, but that too isn't needed. I was specing and got an ubersaw, and saw a scout get the sandman when he killed another.
It's pretty cool.
Arlen is hot.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
New Valve Thing: You prolly know this
No more milestones needed. To unlock a weapon, you just gotta walk over dropped weapons, but that too isn't needed. I was specing and got an ubersaw, and saw a scout get the sandman when he killed another.
It's pretty cool.

no, the new unlock system is total trash.
You get a random chance to get new items by doing nothing.

and you can get duplicates.

One person I know has 6 backburners.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
It is trash because you get it by doing nothing, and I hate it because i didn't get what i want.
they will change it

they will
Arlen is hot.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
Im happy for the updates as TF2 is half price :D

and free for 3 days :3

Resident Cloud
Rep:
Level 91
I was talking to someone about the update and had the idea that valve may place a durability on unlockables. This will mean youll need multiples.

Of course this is speculation whilst i was drunk and on a surf map :D

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I was talking to someone about the update and had the idea that valve may place a durability on unlockables. This will mean youll need multiples.

Of course this is speculation whilst i was drunk and on a surf map :D

no, multiples is for 'trading'

they've released more info, you get randoms on intervals, which are set, adn you randomly get any unlock weapon.

They're still working on it, but as of now it's pretty terrible.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
So it's live? Cool....gonna have to play some.

This new unlock system seems awful, the achievements were good in this because they got you somewhere and allowed a new play style. I felt proud getting all of my medic weapons legitimately, this kinda just kills it.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
http://www.teamfortress.com/

It depends on how much time you play for.

Hey? Want new weapons? Well, waste your time playing and you'll probably get what you want
or you could just get 4 ubersaws
or nothing

But atleast they're plannin' on item trading in the future. If I can't get something you have in plenty, i can just ask you.
Arlen is hot.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
True. The Ubersaw is so amazing, really....amazing.

So the headgear thing, that's a joke about the MMO or are they really going to add new headgear? Either way an MMO based on TF2 or Head Gear would be awesome.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
I don't see the point in new hats? Unless they give more health or something but

why hats

Arlen is hot.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
the hats are purely cosmetic.

people are making MMO jokes about the 'drop' system and stuff.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
the hats are purely cosmetic.

people are making MMO jokes about the 'drop' system and stuff.

Exactly. If they added stat boosting abilities to hats it'd suck. It'd throw the balance of the game off methinks.

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
The drops totally made it mmo
and the hats
omg
why
Arlen is hot.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
The drops totally made it mmo
and the hats
omg
why

I got a second Ubersaw....so whenever this trading thing happens, I have an extra.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I'll take the saw when everything gets rolling, I was like 3 achievements away from that when they changed the system.

what don't you have?

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
When they do start the trading, if anyone has a secondary Cloak and Dagger or Ambassador, that would be great.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I'll let you know if I do.
I got one Cloak and Dagger and it's awesome, but I haven't gotten a second.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I'll take the saw when everything gets rolling, I was like 3 achievements away from that when they changed the system.

what don't you have?

Medic is my main and I have all his weapons so I don't need any of those, but the Bow would be sweet if you have extras.

I have a sandvich and natasha I think, but I don't use heavy so they're all yours. I have some pyro stuff, but that's one of your mains, right? The medic and spy headgear are cool, I wonder when it's going live. =\

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
lol, I got the sandman. It's ok, but no double jumping makes the fun go away.

I bonked a pyro :D
Arlen is hot.

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
Medic hat is live, I saw a dude with it today.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I usually play Pyro or Demoman, but lately I've had a good run of luck with the spy, after getting the Cloak and Dagger.

I have all the pyro weapons, earned 'em legit with the achievements

Rep:
Level 87
Pyro is my main character. I'm usually reckless and suicidal in FPS, and running up to enemies and putting them on fire is the perfect fit for me. I'm psycho XD

Though I haven't played in months until last night. I have no new weapons except for Jarate... I play a pyro - I burn people. And as I play a Pyro, I get an item that is my main enemy? Damn you creators of this jar of....piss...

Truth be told, this new system of randomly getting items will take some time getting used to.