RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k3] Touhou Fantasy

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
You're supposed to go through the Winter Forest to get there.

As for that bug, I think I know what's wrong with it. Might be using the wrong tileset for it ^^;

Rep: +0/-0Level 74
RMRK Junior
Also.... Before reading your post
When I'm searching for The Netherworld....

There's a List of Bug"S" that I've compiled: [ I'll post it on sooner post or something ]

Well I'll state my "ANNOYING BUG", I almost go go super sad, when I got the Flower Loving Girl and Flandre's Sister ( which I forgot the name ) as a "PARTY MEMBER". I've checked the Library.
Which triggers " TO BE CONTINUED " whew~ sooo there's 3 choices I picked the "????" thing part.
and yea.... while exploring I'm feeling sad sad sad I thought I have to wait for beta4 wtfax. XD

Soooooooooooo....
Where am I right now atm?
Beta 2 Beta 3? =o

( ゚д゚)ο彡゜ Meiling! Meiling!

Rep:
Level 85
Ehhhh. I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. You'll have to say that more clearer.

RMRK Junior
I'll just say it later, but for NOW............

Another bug....

When yuyuko is waking up youmou ( netherworld ) to talk about something.
Yea youmou woke up and then she decided to follow yuyuko. "BUT" When I can control youmou now.

WHEN I tried "WALKING" I can't it's more like I'm stuck again. wrong tiles or something BLAME THE BEED!!! XD

When I tried pressing up button she just faces upward. when I tried pressing left/right she just faces left/right. same as the down button.
TT_TT

And yea for some reason I can "SAVE" in that bed O_O
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 03:28:52 AM by hazamukara »

RMRK Junior
I'll just say it later, but for NOW............

Another bug....

When yuyuko is waking up youmou ( netherworld ) to talk about something.
Yea youmou woke up and then she decided to follow yuyuko. "BUT" When I can control youmou now.

WHEN I tried "WALKING" I can't it's more like I'm stuck again. wrong tiles or something BLAME THE BEED!!! XD

When I tried pressing up button she just faces upward. when I tried pressing left/right she just faces left/right. same as the down button.
TT_TT

And yea for some reason I can "SAVE" in that bed O_O

To solve this merely go here http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TB82AJFO and patch it.
It should say "File name: Touhou Fantasy Beta3 version 1.06.rar"
the actual link is on page 6 of this thread as well.

Rep:
Level 85
I'm hoping that'll fix it (if he hasn't yet). If not, then I guess I'll have to upload a patch for it or something...hmm....I'd best get through my beta4 asap then so that people can actually go THROUGH all of it........bah.

RMRK Junior
I'm hoping that'll fix it (if he hasn't yet).
It fixed it for me. and there should also be almost no glitches (except for minor ones that can be overlooked for now) afterwards to the end of beta 3.
The only major glitch after that is attempting to go back to the cave beneath the school, by going through the forest of magic and re-triggering the event at yokai mountain. That and the ones i told you about on youtube through PM's

Rep:
Level 85
Hm....then I guess that was the wrong version 1.08 patch. Oh wells~ I guess that patch is the one  to go with then. I'll have to remember to look through those PMs too before I release beta4 too, but that'll be after I get everything for beta4 done. I'm kinda putting it off again (though I'm about to get more of the 2nd to last dungeon done tomorrow) because I'm going to redo the skill system to make it a bit more interesting or something.

RMRK Junior
I'm hoping that'll fix it (if he hasn't yet).
It fixed it for me. and there should also be almost no glitches (except for minor ones that can be overlooked for now) afterwards to the end of beta 3.
The only major glitch after that is attempting to go back to the cave beneath the school, by going through the forest of magic and re-triggering the event at yokai mountain. That and the ones i told you about on youtube through PM's

@Konata
Thanks for letting me know what to download :D.
Well downloading atm <3

@topic
Owww... so I don't need to say that bug anymore haha!
And also... when you finished the youkai mountain part...
Why is CIRNO in that "select party members map" thing-y. XD
Still haven't rescued her. @_@.

Rep:
Level 85
Yeah, that's another bug that I think I fixed in beta4. Just don't use her cuz you're not supposed to until later on after you finish beta2.

RMRK Junior
MY GOD!
Why does Eirin have to die?! I got teary teary eye on that scene! TT_TT

I didn't expect that this shit have to happen! LOL XD

Ow wait... so that means after rescuing cirno....
That's the end of the beta2? :l

Sooo I'm at Beta3 now? :l..
What the... so fast TT_TT.

Rep:
Level 85
After the events of Eientei, it goes into beta3 yeah. In all honesty, the first 1/4-1/3 of the game ISN'T that hard, but the difficulty DOES pick up in beta3. Remember that it goes in order of difficulty in the actual Touhou games.

Easy = Start of game - 2nd trip to SDM
Normal = 2nd trip to SDM - Eientei
Hard = Higan - Pandaemonium
Lunatic = After Pandaemonium - Yukari
Extra = Endgame
Phantasm = Optional dungeons mainly

So there's your difficulty curves. You'll definitely notice it the more you play through it.

RMRK Junior
Whew~
Well I'm not over powering my characters now ever since in youkai mountain I'm doing normal training now hahahaha!

Well yea I kind of experience hard things it also lets me FEEL or let's say EMOTIONAL about the battle. Like
one of the fragment bosses want to absorb eirin's soul and reisen was saying dramatic lines lolololol. also the music IT PWNS! XD

I think I'll stop at beta3 first, I'll play again once the beta4 is released now. :D
I'll keep checking your forum <3

Rep:
Level 85
It's best to either check here or on DoujinStyle, or on my YT channel, since those are the only places I give info on stuff like this. When beta4 is released, everyone will have to restart anyways, which has been the case for all of the betas due to changing stuff all the time that affects the database and whatnot. Always new ideas that I want to throw in and whatnot, ya know?

RMRK Junior
LOL!
I have to restart again? XDDDDDD
Man... wahahahahaha!
Sooo this time.. I can't over power myself in that totoot dungeon or 1.8k and 3k exp wahahaha!
since you revamp that mob :c

Well I guess, see you later then :D
I'll visit this one everyday just in case there's an update or something :D.
Gonna wait for beta4 <3

RMRK Junior
Just a Suggestion, when you released the beta4 thing, I think you should update your "first post" like removing the old video and place it with a new one, same as the screen shot thingies. I dunno, I jus feel like it should be updated or something., XD

Rep:
Level 85
I update first posts whenever I feel the need to. The screenshots are just for those getting into the game. I don't want to spoil THAT much, ya know? The video though, will be changed whenever I release beta4 to keep it up-to-date.

Rep:
Level 85
Well, here's an idea after finishing FFII for the GBA....what do you guys think of a level up system for skills? Here's the gist of it, for those that never played Final Fantasy II.

In FFII, when you buy spells and use them on characters, they start at level 1. After using them so many times in battle (or in the menu, depending on the spells), they'll level up and get more powerful (sometimes with additional effects), up to the maximum level of 16. This is also true of Weapons gaining levels, though they don't gain additional benefits.

So what I was thinking of doing, is something like that. You start the game with one or two skills (Fantasy Orb and Hakurei Amulet for Reimu for instance, and Magic Missile/Narrow Spark for Marisa) and can buy one or two skills at the village at the start, then later on, as time goes on, can buy more for them at various shops. What does everyone think of this idea?

RMRK Junior
That seems like it would be a great idea. the standard, level and get skills can get a little redundant. if the skills have to be bought instead of gained by level, then some people wouldn't have overpowered attacks (some doing 200 while others 5000) that end up ruining the game.

The spell level up by use sounds great too. some of the spells so far have seemed to do roughly the same damage on the same opponent each time i use them (level 20 spread orb ~500 damage, level 50 ~500 damage).

Do it. this should make the game more interesting to play than it already was. Hopefully it'll work out.

Rep:
Level 85
Aye. Though it'll definitely take quite a while to do as I'll have to move EVERYTHING around in order to do it....though not sure  what I'd use for max level for skills. Probably either 10 or 16 (16 would be ala FFII), though that would take a lot of spots up....hmmmm.....

RMRK Junior
I'm still alive! You still got my support!
Keep up the work! >:O lololol!
Advance Merry Christmas :D

*Moral Supports Xenomic*

Rep: +0/-0Level 73
RMRK Junior
by the way......... if you make an "impossible to win, must die to continue the story" boss fight, make sure the fight is actually IMPOSSIBLE.... I got back to the hakurei shrine after getting sakuya.... the fight against marisa and alice started.... sure they were tougher than other bosses, but i still killed em pretty easily (combination of sakuya's haste on full party and slow on both of them helped alot.) i believe my highest character was reimu at lvl 40 and lowest was sakuya at lvl 20. reimu spammed demon sealing circle, patchy spammed emerald city, reisen healed and sakuya buffed ATK................ what?.... so i like power lvling my characters, whats wrong with that?

Rep:
Level 85
I noticed everyone likes power leveling it seems lol. Though that takes away from the challenge! Ah well. I may just make the unwinnable bosses faster than they're supposed to be, just in case. Or make it harder to level up...or SOMETHING! I don't know...maybe the game is TOO easy...hmmmm

Speaking of progress, there hasn't really BEEN any progress. I was starting to work on the first of the final few events, but got sidetracked easily (which isn't hard for me anymore) and just flatout lost motivation to work on it again. Which is kinda a good thing, since I'm thinking on what to do with this event....I WOULD talk about it here, but that would be spoilers :x

RMRK Junior
also im having a problem: im at the part right at Exodus, I fight and kill him, sit through all the other crap until the point where it tells me to choose my party.... and then the game just crashes saying "invalid bitmap image".... i dont get it

RMRK Junior
well i fixed the bitmap image error..... except now when i go to that same point instead of closing the game it just sends me to the game over screen and then to the title screen..... i just started getting back into the game too.... if i have to win that kanako fight right before that then screw it im gonna go back to that healing hot spring and grind suwako to a much higher level, BECAUSE EVERY OTHER CHARACTER IS MOSTLY USELESS! im serious on that, both sanae and nitori dont have nearly enough health or defense to make to much of a difference (not to mention nitori cant even use any of your items, only the antidote and anti-freeze under stock, which cost mp for some reason...) and kanako...... 9 speed...... she just stands there for most of the fight going "You just wait, once that bar fills up in the next 5 mins and its my turn, im'ma kill ya" and then when shes gonna get her turn in the next 5 or 10 seconds, boss casts flare on her, she dies, and the ATB gauge is reset.... hell her attacks arent even strong enough to make it worth the wait, and if shes the last one standing, well you should just close and reopen the game cause she doesnt stand a chance by herself, unless you can magically get off an angel prayer, or the boss uses earthquake
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 11:41:41 AM by Flashpoint1123 »