RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Fall of the Living: First Outbreak

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
This project has been nominated for Project of the Season: Autumn 2010! Congratulations and good luck!

Rep:
Level 84
Project of the Month winner for October 2009
Yes! thank you so much for the nomination!
to celebrate I'm releasing some exclusive info only on rmrk along with 1 new test screenshot.

first ill discuss classes. At the start of of the game you will be able to choose a class.

=CLASSES=

SOILDER - RAISED KNOWLEDGE IN FIREARMS. WEAPON JAMS BECOME MORE RARE. (firearms have a "reliability" stat. the less reliable it is,the more it has a small chance of jamming. When jammed you must reload your weapon.)

PERSONAL OFFENSE  - START WITH RAISED MELEE COMBAT STATS

MEDIC - CAN HOLD UP TO TWO FIRST AID KITS  OR PAIN PILLS AT A TIME.

MACHANIC - CAN REPAIR BROKEN MELEE WEAPONS TO 1/3 OF WEAPONS HEALTH

PERSONAL DEFENSE - RAISED ENDURANCE. HARDER TO GET TIRED DURING COMBAT.

CHEF - FOOD ITEMS WILL RAISE HEALTH BY DOUBLE.

90% of the buildings will be able to be entered in the game. Each building you might find something of use such as food, different kinds of melee weapons, and other items that can help you on your survival. Each time you play the items wont be in the same location as the last time you played. Each building will have diffrent graphics, no building will use the same chipset. here is an EARLY test of the inside of a small convenience store (retrieveable items not shown)

the graphics of the items without complete shading are just test. more detail will be added!

vote for me!

Rep:
Level 75
O.o
I'm always a sucker for a good Zombie Outbreak game.  So let me ask...  Is there a sign-up sheet for first dibs?   ;D

Actually, I would not mind beta testing for you.   ::)

Anyways,  Looks Awesome to the Extreme M8.  Good work.
Would you play Nintendo with me?

Rep:
Level 76
~I am your worst nightmare~
2010 Most Immature Member
OMG OMG OMG, I WANT I WANT I WANT, GIVY GIVY GIVY lol, looks awsome can't wait for full game
kaboth (a.k.a. Ic3ByTE)

Rep:
Level 75
O.o
Hmm...  (Pokes topic with a stick to see if it's dead.)  Any new progress?  Given up?  Taking a break?  Still alive?  Let us know somthing...   :-\
Would you play Nintendo with me?

Rep:
Level 84
Patience is a virtue. Sorry for the procrastinating. The demo is finished. I just have to upload now. Theres going to be a small information webpage on it (nothing fancy) and the link to the demo on it. the webpage is going to to explain everything about the game, because you might not understand how the systems work at first since its incredibly detailed. Get your PC controllers ready btw (xbox 360 or playstation type is recommended). keyboards can be used however, the button mapping is made for keyboard users in mind but i think its better with a controller.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Cool, very exciting! Can't wait to see it.

Rep:
Level 84
I guess it doesn't take soon 2 months to upload a demo? When is it done?;/

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Patience is a virtue.
The demo will be up when the demo is up.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 84
Patience is a virtue.
The demo will be up when the demo is up.
I know, i know.. But he said he would be uploading on 28th or something...(post 27th). It should be done by now..
:(

Rep:
Level 84
been messing around with the forest enviornment some.

(The screenshots do NOT include the "lighting" fog. it's just bare chipset. The maps shown are also still being worked on. )

Heres the warehouse survival level.. It's still being added to. Start off with a handgun and each kill adds points to your score, with the rewarded points you are able to buy weapons that are around the level (nazi zombie style)

The survival levels get intense as the number of zombies spawned raises the longer you survive.

The demo includes 3 survival stages, and a free explore mode that includes sections from the first few chapters. The games areas to explore change with the storyline. The free explore mode starts you off in the country side with no supplies or weapons and and you can explore the different terrains. there is a city to explore with lots of shops, buildings, hotels,alleyways, and rooftops to explore with supplies found in places that make sense. Such as guns at a gun store or medical supplies at hospitals, ect. The interstate that leads out to the vaster country side has forest areas, 2 small rural towns, airports, and military bases.
Theres many items and weapons to find. The urban areas and more populated areas have bigger crowds of zombies and the respawn rate is higher than other places. While the less populated areas such as the forest and parts of the country side are more horror gameplay, expect the unknown.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

Rep:
Level 84
I know it looks rough without all the proper shading and "lighting" fog.
I just figured I'd post to let everyone know it's still being worked on.

Rep:
Level 84
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtbAntWDHNw

a small teaser of gameplay. Had to record offscreen due to my laptop not being able to record the videos fast without lag. I'm sorry for the bad quality, better on screen version of gameplay test showing multiple weapons will be posted soon.

Gameplay with the silenced MP5SD, USP, and MOSSBERG 500 12 gauge.

Graphics bugs are present in the video, ignore them.

Rep:
Level 84

new ak74 sprite, and added G36c assualt rifle

Rep:
Level 85
The ak47 looks like it has the wrong wood finish :S more of a darker color?

And somethings up with the g36c but i can't put my finger on it

Rep:
Level 84
did you check out the video?

Rep:
Level 85
I just did, Incredible work : D

Rep:
Level 84
New game logo and new title screen

Uzi added to game.

G36 coding complete. Also the tone of the city has changed from a deep orange to a slightly more blue tint. Reason for is to see enemies better as well as give the city a "colder" feeling through color.

SURVIVAL-
Level Test

Test screen shots from the building of the first survival stage called Abandoned Airport. A stage that takes place in the daytime of a small private airport. Enemies will swarm from all sides. Textures are still in development.

Beta is approaching completion.

Rep:
Level 83
Love SOSA
This looks fantastic, can't wait to see the final project.

This.
The game looks real amazing. I want to see it finished.

Rep:
Level 83
This game looks like you spent a good amount of time for perfection and wouldn't settle with out it. Awesome job so far, i can't wait to play it.
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

Rep:
Level 84
A little information on the approaching beta.

I've added all the missions into one convenient little menu.
Giving you 10 side missions to play.
All 10 stages must be complete to open Campaign mode..which in this beta is really just Sandbox Mode.

There is 2 available survival stages as you can see..

Special Ops stages you are judged at the end of the level based on different factors for each stage. You can earn a total of  3 STARS.

Earning 3 STARS unlocks weapons and items for use in all the modes.

Sorry for the hold up. Ill message you with the link soon.

Rep:
Level 85

Rep:
Level 97
This looks great. I can't wait!

Rep:
Level 84
Trying to release the beta before midnight. Doing the final necesary polishing. Some of the maps will not have lighting fogs. but I put beta lighting in some maps. I finished the forest today. only 3 more things have to be completed and ill start the upload process.

Heres a few screenshots of the forest. nothng you havent seen before. But might as well.

Stay tuned. Download link, instructions, and beta information will be released shortly.