RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Fall of the Living: First Outbreak

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Er, congratulations.

He hasn't been on since June. ._.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
@_@ That's fine. I'll see if I can track him down to inform him.

Congratulations Chainsaw! Fall of the Living is the Project of the Month for October!

This means your project will be stickied until November and is added to the Featured Projects section of Crankeye!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 02:31:11 AM by modern algebra »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Excellent work! Congratulations on a job expertly done.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 84
Project of the Month winner for October 2009
Yeah as soon as I think it's ready. Well the zombie AI is complete. The hitbox and damage coding is already 100% complete for firearms and melee weapons. From the chainsaw even to ridiculous weapons such as a throwing a text book. Thanks to a friend of mine the blood system is to my liking now. Making it feel so much funner when the zombies bleed. Well the blood splatter system in game has a total of 40 unique blood graphics. and I gored it up to my own liking. So now when you play the game and shoot a crowd of zombies with a shotgun, they will actually bleed and splatter all over the place like it should!

honestly though I don't think pictures do it justice. It looks cooler in motion, so I don't know if you can apriciate as much. I might have to record a video =p
screens:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Congratulations on POTM man.
Those new screenshots are really high-grade eye candy.

Rep:
Level 83
Great game im working on a simular project witch i just started with a firend, seeing yours almost makes me wana give up lol
can't wait for the demo man your game looks amazing much better then i'll probly ever do
great work man, and you dont need useless things like drugs
question: how long have you been working with rpg maker ?
ive only been with it for almost ehh 11 months mabey
question 2: how many people are working on this just you?
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Do custom interior painting
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Metal front doors and sidelights
    Metal garage and service doors
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin.

http://metalfreshcoatings.com

Rep:
Level 84
Gore system test. do not pay attention to the weapon hud that says glock 17/chainsaw. do not pay attention to the detail in the maps.they are ALL beta maps underway.
pay attention to the new gore system. it uses a simple partical engine for effects such as blood effects and gun muzzle and fires, and for the flame thrower. this new engine is lag free and looks much smoother than the default rmxp animation engine for less work.

Blastin on them with the 12 gauge

Mini uzi action

Shooting a more compact shotgun.

headshot animation test

getting up close and personal with my knife equipped

Tighter city streets, more cars, daytime screenie

Knife to the back!

the city at night time

comments? :)

Added mossberg 500 shotgun, new shotgun damaged zombie sprites, and added .45 revolver. i know the zombies are from project z. But i made a damaged model xD

Rep:
Level 84
Added MK23 Socom handgun.

Messing with flashlight effects. to help you see zombies with light, in range the zombies will flash becoming more visable

Rep:
Level 83
THAT looks realy good, are you developing the core your self or going off of an already made ABS?
and how long have you worked with rpg maker?
Spoiler for:
METALFRESH is a paint contractor that specializes in refinishing metal and vinyl siding. We paint metal buildings as well as siding on homes.

We also

Refinish decks
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Grained fiberglass doors

If your structure is *RUSTED *FADED *CHALKING *IN NEED OF COLOR CHANGE, we can fix it with a guarentee!

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Cool gun, and that gore looks awesome. Really great work Chainsaw!

Rep:
Level 84
THAT looks realy good, are you developing the core your self or going off of an already made ABS?
and how long have you worked with rpg maker?

It's and ABS I made exclusively for this project. Started it all from scratch about two years ago and have been adding to it since. It uses a very simple method, but basicly I have diffrent coding for diffrent types of weapons. Melee, Shotguns (shoots 3 tiles/buckshot). and normal straight projectiles. but it allows ai to attack eachother with the diffrent weapon types, has friendly fire options, and is fully customizeable. I added so much to this system.

Well I been working with RPG Maker for about 5 or 6 years now as well as spriting. I know alot of how the system works and I love the challenge on it. I dont have alot of games out publicly. But I have made alot of test projects with plenty of diffrent systems and test. But I finally got the hang of it and now im trying to make a full game.

Rep:
Level 82
Treat Every Game Like Your Last.
 ;D  Fantastico! I'd pay a small fee (5 dollars most) to play this game! Very Impressive young GameWalker.

Rep:
Level 83
@ chainsaw - Thats cool... mabey one day i can be as good as you...
Spoiler for:

We also

Refinish decks
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Grained fiberglass doors

Rep:
Level 84
@ chainsaw - Thats cool... mabey one day i can be as good as you...

Don't worry man I just make this for everyone to enjoy. I'm not trying to show off or anything. This is just a fun hobby of mine and the kind words people say just does it for me and keeps me motivated. I'm trying to get a demo out before christmas but the problem is I have 3 diffrent zombie AI coding. all coded completely diffrent to the fastest but most complex way I can. I need my beta testers to see which AI works the best for their PC, as well as is the most challenging and fun to play.

Rep:
Level 83
Yea, i do the same for motivated by the good words of people, i see that now allot of people are making zombie games, including me.
(I started mine before I came to this site saw yours and was like F**K now they'll think I'm copying you.)
But your game is really cool, and i hope you do finish your demo in time.

"i don't think i have to worry about too much testing since my computer is old and I'm sure that most people have a better system then me."
Spoiler for:

We also

Refinish decks
    Strip wallpaper
    Refinish cedar siding
    Grained fiberglass doors

Rep:
Level 82
Dreamers often lie.
This looks absolutely amazing  :o I can't wait to play it!

EXECUTED WEEBLING?
Rep:
Level 81
Im still here.. hahahahahaha
personally i like your idea, but i do not like the way you made the characters... :-\
Hey if you need anything just ask.

Rep:
Level 84

Here is an example of the lighting for a sunny day. I know the shadows need some work. But notice objects reflect the light some. Shadowing also allows me to make more detail in the textures. I need to make the light reflect off of the main hero too an up the saturation some when in daytime.

what do you think? more soon.

jeep on the highway. you can use the highway to get anywhere in the city. it also leads to rural towns and countrysides.

Test Videos

Muzzle flash test:

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=314aw4k&s=5

blood splatter test

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=20ie5y0&s=5

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
hi i was just wondering how you did the battle system because i want somthing exactly like that for my game it is also a zombie survival and i cant find auything that will explain it i know that it is complicated but can you please help?

Rep:
Level 84
videos and new weapon pics will be released sunday, heres a few pictures from the beta.

I wanted to post test interior shots to take a break from the city screenshots. This is the first safehouse which takes place in a large hotel.
Some of the interior graphics are placeholders/test.

The weapon class select menu for the "special operations" mode. (not for story mode)

In the demo you find 2 handguns and whichever one you choose your partner gets the other one.The higher the stats are, the better the weapon is.
The glock 17 has a higher magazine cap but shoots slower. the M9 has a lower  magazine capacity, but higher rate of fire and faster reloads. the in real game you dont get a gun till later on, but i want the demo to have it to be able to have fun

Left 4 Dead 2 type healing system. when you have a first aid kit you can heal yourself or your partner. you can only hold one at a time. there will have a healing character animation, and he will hold it on his back visable

Main lobby screenshot. I already know about the candle/table glitch. ignore it.

The workable television with workable diffrent channels back at the safe house. diffrent news reports will display each day to help you learn more about the story.

Just a picture before the main hall.

Blood splatter test.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
This stuff looks great, would you be interested in some sprites of the fn scar and g36c that I made Spliced using zylos's gun page?

Edit, I realized i had a bunch of other guns too XD
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 03:55:06 AM by IAMFORTE »

Rep:
Level 97
Everything looks great. I get more excited to see a demo everytime you update :)

Rep:
Level 84
More screenshots taken from the upcoming release. This time showcasing new zombies, new weapons, and lighting effects.

New weapons added: FAMAS, Mossberg 500 chrome shotgun.
New features added: Custom Game Camera, Horde control, Pixel Movement, Custom Anti-lag.

Screens

The next two pictures are only lighting test. The maps are still being added too thats why they're so plain.

Rep:
Level 84
More screens from the demo coming up.

The first area with not that many zombies to get used to your controls.
Notice the new weapon the MP5SD.
also notice the new hud how it has an "A" on it that just means the weapon cycle is on the primary. if you press "W" (or Y on my 360 controller) which is switch weapons, it cycles through B,C, then D.
B is secondary (for handguns) C is for support (shotguns and sniper rifles and heavy machine guns)
The SMG now take up slot 1 because I didnt want to give up my pistol because players would choose the SMG over the handgun everytime. The SMGs have bad assed stats already.

this next one the zombies come from everywhere around you. they chased me into alley ways where I took out my hunting rifle and popped their heads one by one. :D and then they chased me down the street. pulling out a sidearm is always faster than reloading. My MP5 magazine was empty right as they where settling in so I switched to the USP45.  the weapons in this game are pretty powerful.

Heres where I took out my MOSSBERG 500 Chrome Shotgun and killed most of the group. Check out the new blood effects

(I know about the zombie going through the bench. its just a small passability i didnt add yet. ignore it please)

This next one is where you first get attracted by a horde. this map has alot of alleyways and and other points all around it. So when the horde comes wherever you are they literally surround you. The zombies all together speed has been fastened. zombies have a random sprint of fastness. the hordes are all fast though. the amount of zombies on the screenshot is nothing compared to what you play. you are really going to be surprised. The P90 chews up ammo quickly but thats fine they are ammo stashes in correct places.

(zombie variation on this map will be fixed)

Oh and Im finishing up the achievements for the demo. Get all the achievements and you unlock the special additional gameplay map plus a new weapon for the both gameplay modes.

(Of course there is no horde on this screenshot. I was just testing the system)

here is the list of achievements for the demo:

"ONE MAN ARMY"       - SURVIVE A HORDE +30

"HEAD HUNTER"        - GET 20 HEADSHOTS +30

"SHARP SHOOTER"    - GET 40 HEADSHOTS +40

"NIGHT OWL"         - RECIEVE NO DAMAGE ON THE NIGHT TIME MISSION +30

"TWO DOZEN & ONE"     - KILL 25 ZOMBIES +20

"40 GRAVES"         - KILL 40 ZOMBIES +30

"SECONDARY DEGREE"    - GET 40 KILLS WITH THE HANDGUN +30

"HANDGUN ROOKIE"      - GET 20 HEADSHOTS WITH A HANDGUN +20

"SMG ROOKIE"          - GET 20 HEADSHOTS WITH A SMG +20

"ASLT RFL ROOKIE"    - GET 20 HEADSHOTS WITH A HANDGUN +20

"CLOSE & PERSONAL"    - GET 40 KILLS WITH A MELEE WEAPON +30

"SEARCH AND RESCUE"    - BRING 3 SURVIVORS BACK TO THE SAFEHOUSE +30

"HAPPY SIX"            - BRING 6 SURVIVORS BACK TO THE SAFEHOUSE" +30

"SCAVENGER"            -  SEARCH ALL ROOMS +30

"USE YOUR HEAD"        - END KYLES MISERY BEFORE HIS ZOMBIFICATION +30

"COP KILLER"           - KILL A POLICE ZOMBIE WITH HIS OWN WEAPON +20

"LONE COMMANDO"        - KILL ALL SPECIAL FORCES SOILDERS +30

"FIRE FIGHTER"         - PUT OUT THE FIRES AND GET INTO THE SHOP +30

"MACHINE GUNNER"   - FIRE OVER 150 ROUNDS +20

Rep:
Level 84
Wow, you really took in my Cig suggestion! 0.0

Looks great BTW!

Hope it wont get as boring Dead frontier were over time.