RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What are you playing?

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I haven't played any of the other Fire Emblems, save a fanslation of the first one on NES, but it seems to be one extreme or the other from what people tell me. They either say it's the best thing to happen to Fire Emblem, or that it's a disgrace to everything the series stood for. But it's a great way to pass time so that's all I care about.

Rep:
Level 82
I decided to revisit an old evil that has haunted me since childhood...

Such a fun game. Last time I played that was probably a couple of years ago. Even managed to complete it, which is something I don't really remember even doing. The games back then were hard.

Two of my favourite games from that era:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CQ3CeHrPzxk#t=71s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eFyWrmCCStQ#t=54s

Getting a sudden urge to replay these again, now.

Old school games were the best (or nostalgia is very powerful).

Thanks, Zylos.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
You're welcome. What's next, King's Quest on the Apple, or will you go straight back to Pong on the Atari?

Rep:
Level 82
Or maybe Pong on the oscilloscope. Just because.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzEBOjvA11w

Not that I own such a thing. Not unless there's an emulator for it.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Ni No Kuni!

Fun stuff.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae9A2JkijOg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ae9A2JkijOg</a>

Fable TLC!

we're gonna play some more Majora's Mask and upload that soonish

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Back to playing a lot of TF2 lately. Poker Night 2 also just came out and I'm stuck trying to get the last bloody bounty item thanks to a challenge that requires complete luck. But, after work when I'm tired and sucking like usual on TF2, it feels good to win a few hands of poker and watch Claptrap hit on GLaDOS.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Trying out Neverwinter. It's a'ight.

Also bought Max Payne 1 & 2. 1 doesn't work, but 2 is superb.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I couldn't imagine playing NWN for the first time in this day and age. That's why I haven't ever given Arcanum a shot; I think it's probably just too late by now.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
oh no not NWN, Neverwinter Online. It's kind of an MMO. Very instanced. Combat is sort of fun, though.

I agree with you, though. There are tons of older games I'd love to play, but I'm not sure if I could truly get in to some of them now. I'll probably give Arcanum a shot sometime.

edit: Also been playing Candy Box. You'll thank me later.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Got some amazon and steam gift cards for my birthday, so I bought 4 games:

Tom Braider
Fark Rye 3
Phez
Mite & Majik Here-O's \/|

They're all shit.

Just kidding, they're actually all excellent so far.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Cool, good to know. I'm expecting some Amazon trade-in credits any day now. (Also, happy birthday! I've not been too active, so if there's a thread for it I apologize for not noticing before.)

Far Cry Blood Dragon and Tomb Raider on the top of my list, but I may instead get a boxed copy of Animal Crossing (though I'd really prefer to have that as a digital download, paying for it with credit is much nicer than paying for it from my checking).

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Metro: Last Light  ;8

Been waiting for this for a long time, I loved Metro 2033. Currently there is no fix for the low FOV which is pretty annoying :/ Otherwise, the game is amazing so far.

Screenshots: http://imgur.com/a/h1TG0 - no spoilers unless you read subtitles

More screenies: http://imgur.com/a/VM4ug - Spoilers in these ;o

And yeah, you can get a topless lapdance for a few military grade rounds.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 10:18:43 AM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
Also been playing Candy Box. You'll thank me later.

Where did you find this? This is awesome.

Rep:
Level 90
Returned from the dead.
I've been spending my life on Blizzard's Chaos Project lately, pretty much what got me back into RMXP. But, now I've maxed levels and owned Hellvoid's ass, I feel like my life no longer has meaning.
So, naturally, I reloaded my old FFVIII save and penetrated Ultimecia again, then started a game on FFVII, never gave that game the time of day since it was way too popular, but it's going well so far.
Other than that, a friend and I like to kill shit on Left 4 Dead II. There's something awesome about being a large black guy with an AK-47.
Sincerely,
Your conscience.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
FFVII, never gave that game the time of day since it was way too popular, but it's going well so far.

lol.
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
FFVII, never gave that game the time of day since it was way too popular, but it's going well so far.

lol.

what are you lolling about faggot, you don't play a game if there's a inkling of the idea that someone else has played it and liked it
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
then started a game on FFVII, never gave that game the time of day since it was way too popular, but it's going well so far.
god, shut up idiot

Rep:
Level 102

lol.

what are you lolling about faggot, you don't play a game if there's a inkling of the idea that someone else has played it and liked it

Eh, my favourite game is TF2, which depending on when you check, is the most played game on steam. I think FF7 is the best final fantasy, probably followed by 9, then 5.

I'm allowed to not really be impressed by walking dead :)
bringing sexy back

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Been playing EVE Online for the past two days with my girlfriend. It's been pretty much the kind of MMO I've been looking for, and I'm having fun. If anybody wants to try a 21-day trial, I can give a referral code (and if you upgrade, I get this thing that I can sell and split the profits with you). But it's been really fun. I can't wait to get a good ship and PVP the hell out of people... Long way to go, though.

Rep:
Level 102
NAM plays EVE too, but it seems so complex (and a little pay-to-win) that I'm kinda put off by it :/
bringing sexy back

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
It's not that complex if you take it slowly. The tutorials teach you a lot, little by little (actually good tutorial quests that make you do stuff to find out what they are instead of walls of text that are "tutorials" in MMORPGs lately), and the game allows you to learn little by little; you can just chill out and try to make some money (which is what I'm trying to do atm) and then go into PVP or you can just straight up try PVP. The best part of it is that it's so open that you're allowed to do whatever.

I don't feel like it's that pay-to-win, though. Sure, buying PLEX and then selling it for ISK gives you a huge boost, but you still have to make sure you have enough game-time to keep playing as well as the fact that all the good stuff require skill training. At the very least, the pay-to-win isn't as excessively bad as a lot of MMORPGs have made it.

And besides that, I'm just having fun playing with my girlfriend. I wish there were more people to hang out with and do stuff with, but it's an enjoyable experience. We've both been looking for a game that we could play for a long time with good end-game content, and the end-game for EVE just goes on. :)

(I sound like a fucking PR rep for EVE)

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
eve isn't pay2win at all

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Eve was a game that had a huge hardcore fanbase, and then the game changed, so those people got pissed and left, and then it got a new hardcore fanbase, and then the game changed, so those people got pissed and left, and then it got a new hardcore...