RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What are you playing?

Rep:
Level 69
hence why the old versions are better :p

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Ironically, bug types are the best Pokemon in Black and White
LOL From trash to best? zzz

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising ProjectParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
Minecraft.

Holy crap, were did all of my free time go to? Oh, legos on crack gobbled it all up.

Spoiler for:
Personal server screen shots ... daytime and night time flybys of my airbase in my P-51 Spitfire, woo.

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
hence why the old versions are better :p
In my opinion Black and White are almost as good as Gold and Silver. They did a really great job on it.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
So, I'm a little pissed. I just bought a 3DS, and found out at work today that the red one is coming soon. >:(

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I'd be more pissed about not being part of the ambassador program. Also the red one looks weird to me, which is odd because I have the queer ass blue one.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Screw the ambassador stuff. I don't care about NES or GBA games. I already have all of those. And I like the blue one, but I really wanted the red one.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I'm really happy with the black one. It's super slick, especially the two-tone bottom. Walmart did price drop pre-august 12th, so you could have gotten both $169.99 and Ambassador, but Fry's offered a $30 gift card with purchase so I got Black for $7.

Black and White are fantastic. Which bug pokemon in particular are good? I don't have any bug-types currently. Also, what are good electrics?

Rep:
Level 97
Escavalier is a great pokemon and probably my favorite in the game, but you need to trade for him. Volcarona has high stats all around along with a special attack stat that will make you jizz in your pants, but it evolves at level 59 and the first form is a shitty larva. Accelgor when trained right will have the highest speed in black and white (and the highest speed in Pokemon in general if I'm not mistaken) and a decent special attack so you can sweep entire teams with the right moveset, but don't let it get hit. It's also created in the same trade Escavalier is. Then there is Durant, who I personally hate, but it has high attack, defense, and surprisingly speed. Everything else is shitty, but its only weakness is fire. You can only find them in Victory Road.

Shazam. Also gonna add in that I beat the elite 4 with a level 45 escavalier only, they're that overpowered.

Edit: Deoxys Speed Form has slightly higher speed than Accelgor.

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Spoiler for Pokemon TourneyF**giness:
Escavalier is a good pokemon, but it's low speed puts it in a bad position, will die to a Charmander's Ember, and is almost outclassed by Scizor (I realise you can't get one in B/W without trading, just saiyan), who has Technician Bullet Punch and a higher speed stat while having relatively the same bulk. Good thing is that Escavalier has Megahorn, and a STAB 120 base power attack off 135 base attack is going to hurt anything (2HKO's the most defensive of Ferrothorn IIRC, and probably 2HKOs Lucario who Quad-Resists it). Again, not saying it's a bad poke, probably the best bug in Pokemon (bar Arceus-Bug, HeraBOSS and Scizor).

Accelgor is outpaced by Deo-S and it's resident bug Ninjask. 100 base Special attack with a Base 90 power STAB move as bread and butter move means it isn't going to be sweeping anytime soon, so you need to rely on the rest of your team to break holes in the opposing team and open up a sweep.

Durant doesn't have inheritly high attack (109 base), but has Hustle (80% accuracy for a 50% attack boost), and Hone Claws which can patch up the accuracy loss from Hustle while boosting it's attack even higher. It's 109 base speed is pretty cool, but just short of the 110 benchmark. It's biggest problem is it's lackluster special defense, which means any special attack pretty much wrecks it.

Volcarona is a monster, but it's quad-weak to Stealth Rocks (which no in-game trainer uses so whatever). Otherwise it has no flaws, except maybe it's lackluster bulk.

And how could you forget Scolipede... 112 speed, 90 attack made up by STAB Megahorn, and ok pretty crap defenses. Still a nice fast Choice Bander and Revenge Killer in general, and it has access to Spikes while actually being able to take a neutral hit (unlike Accelgor).

B/W's electrics are Flying Pikachu dude (who is terrible), Zebstrika, Galvantula, Eelektross, Thundurus and Zekrom.

Zekrom I don't want to talk about, and you have Black.

Thundurus has the best stats overall (125 Spatk, troll 111 Speed), even if it is quite frail. Nasty Plot set incredibly deadly.

Eeleketross has some bulk and stupid coverage, and also has levitate giving it no weaknesses (albeit with a lack of resistances, much like Sableye and Spiritomb). The Sub/Coil/Dragon Tail/Filler set is pretty cool if you have entry hazards supporting it.

Galvantula has STAB Thunder at 97.5% Accuracy thanks to Compoundeyes boost which helps to make up for it's lackluster 97 Special Attack, and a secondary STAB in Bug Buzz. It's pretty quick too (108 Speed off the top of my head), like most electrics (sorry Luxray).

Zebstrika has a high speed stat (116) and "decent" mixed offenses(100, 80), but in my opinion is outclassed by the rest of these electrics.

If you didn't want to see how much of a Pokemon Nerd I am, all I really said was that the best B/W electrics (excluding Zekrom) are Galvantula, Eeleketross and Thundurus.

Rep:
Level 97
I actually never used Scolipede and I don't think I ever had trouble with them so I was never bothered to learn about them. Also everything about Escavalier is better than Scizor except for HP (which is the same) and speed, the fire weakness is pretty bad though.

I keep Zekrom around whenever I'm not playing against other people, then I'll switch him for an Eelektross because people always expect dragons, I hate using legendaries, and Zekrom's attacks strangely feel watered down.

Also cozzie what's your opinion on a Basculin with Rock-Head ability and Double Edge?

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
Stat-wise, Escavalier is probably better, but it's only way of damaging steel types is Rock Smash, which is balls (A not very effective Megahorn actually does more than a super effective Rock Smash, if that says anything). Scizor gets Superpower, so he can dish out damage (sorta) against steels, though they're not that common in Black and White. Scizor also has a 90 Base Power (Factoring STAB) Priority in Bullet Punch, so it can pick of weakened pokemon or do enough to put it in KO range for the rest of your team. It's a matter of preference I guess. Escavalier hits harder and is a tiny bit bulkier, while Scizor has more utility.

Honestly, I don't think that basing Basculin around Double Edge is worth it considering the fact that Double-Edge is 120 Base and Waterfall is 80 Base + STAB (so the same, 120), and Water has around the same neutral coverage as normal type. I would say Adaptability is the way to go (provided you can find one), as Waterfall is now 160 Base Power (Adaptability changes the STAB modifier from 1.5x to 2x). Recoil doesn't really matter since Basculin's defenses are pretty terrible anyways, but I could see how Rock Head could be potentially useful.

Just my two cents.

And the Red 3DS looks awesome wtf.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Cool, thanks for all of the information.  Basculin was a bitch the first time I encountered it. The thing wouldn't go down, and my only useful pokemon had shit for Defense and Special Defense. >:|

So I'm still rather far away from all of the good bugs and electrics, but I have a guy sending me a Pichu egg so I'm psyched!

Rep:
Level 69
Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong.
Going through a patch of nostalgia and revisiting Persona 2 Eternal Punishment (PS1).
I don't even know if it's deemed a classic by now, but it's definitely a masterpiece.
Does anybody remember that game?

Rep:
Level 66
Haven't been on for ages -.-
I'm playing:

Oblivion (pc)
Warcraft (pc)
Jade Empire (pc)
Keepsake (pc)

and of course my own games! :P

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
So, lately I've gotten addicted to TF2 since I arrived really late to the party.

If you ever see a spray with an arctic fox on it, you might find me there stabbing you in the back. Or more likely just to see my body parts around your feet while you look at it.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Pokemon Black
Rhythm Heaven
GoldenEye wii
TF2 - I've been playing on the Trading Servers, and I'm surprised by how much fun they are. They're generally pretty empty or at least not very active because half the people are actually trading. They pretty much amount to a genuine TDM. I'll keep an eye out for that spray, Zylos.  ;)

I'm feeling the urge to do a New Game + on Resident Evil 4 Wii, too.

Rep:
Level 97
Total War: Shogun 2
The detail in this game is unheard of.

>Sending 70 of my Yari (Spear) Samurai in for a final charge against 120 archers
>My samurai break cover out of a nearby forest with 10 meters between them and the archers
>Within 3 meters the archers finally realize their impending doom and start to draw their katanas
>Only one or two actually get their swords out but it's too late.
>My Samurai charge through 3 or 4 lines of them, ripping them to shreds.
>The back two rows of archers lose morale and turn around to run away
>NOPE, the Yari Calvary I sent around back finally make it and sandwich them into the infantry spears
>Watch as my men individually fight and kill each archer, even stabbing survivors laying on the ground.
>Zoom out and see 10 other scenarios just like this happening as the battle wraps up.

Example of the animations:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLHpB66Mr4c" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLHpB66Mr4c</a>

I saw a squirrel...
Rep:
Level 82
...it got in my way.
Metroid
Metroid 2
Metroid Zero Mission
Metroid Fusion
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Debating on Other M, need to get Metroid 3, and wondering what I'll play once I'm done with those.

Gods ain't gonna help ya son...

Rep:
Level 84
@Strak: Other M is my second favorite. Metroid Prime is the best.

I'm playing Minecraft.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Flash browser games ;9
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Metroid
Metroid 2
Metroid Zero Mission
Metroid Fusion
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Debating on Other M, need to get Metroid 3, and wondering what I'll play once I'm done with those.
I can't imagine playing that many games at once, especially when they're all in the same series.

Rep:
Level 94
Dungeons of Dredmore. This game has eaten my free time. I made it to level five, cleared out the first floor of the dungeon, and then accidentally killed myself and everyone else in a 9-square area by using a Horadric Lutefisk Cube inside another Horadric Lutefisk Cube. Awesome.

Rep:
Level 97
I won Magicka Complete off of Steamgifts, so add that to my list.

Rep:
Level 94
Can you send me an invite to that site? I've been looking for one for a while now.