RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Slash Bulk

Rep:
Level 88
I've downloaded it. Unfortunately, it appears that Vista doesn't support RM2000. Your maps, from what I see, are quite empty. The basic layout is a decent start, but you need to add more detail. adding in small rocks and other such things make the maps seem more interesting. I'm assuming this is a cave, so you should probably avoid so many straight lines. Caves are rugged, even man-made ones are not smooth. Unfortunately, I cannot give any more advice on anything else. So, I hope this was of some help to you.

And... Presentation is a major part of game development. Professional games do not spend 5 minutes with their advertising.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
EDIT: I added instructions to the first post so if the demo won't run you're doing something wrong or your Windows won't run it or you need the English RTP or whatever.

you most likely didn't include the drivers or the resources you used, with the demo.
RM2k isn't often used on this forum, therefore most people (read 95%) probably don't have the RM2k RTP or drivers.

solution: put them in yourself, then re-upload the demo.

People shouldn't be expected to download and install a Run Time Package that they will never use, just to play your game.

also: don't automatically assume the end-user did something wrong.  That's what microsoft does and nobody likes them.  First see if it's a problem on your end, or if the program was packaged improperly.  Never say "maybe you're doing something wrong"

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 85
[s][s]twat[/s][/s]
Eh, anyone who goes here (I assume) uses RM2K. So they would have the "drivers and resources" (although everyone who knows anything about RM2K knows all you need is the English RTP)).

I downloaded teh game after uploading it, it worked. So obviously if it doesn't work for someone else, they're missing the RTP. Whatever, I'll re-upload it with the RTP. Not like anyone's gonna play it anyway.

When you say "maps", revo, what we are discussing here is a single, 80x60 tile map. So you can excuse it for being a tad bare in places. It's not rough end jaggy cause it's not real life. Sorry for coming across as a dick, but  Crusader of Centy had similarly unrealistic maps and so did a lot of older games in fact. I could have filled the bitch with tons of stuff but at the end of the day the dungeon takes a good hour to finish and I think that's a lot already. Considering it's one of many. EDIT: Vista does support RM2K. I know this because I use RM2K on  a Vista-running PC.

EDIT: Feck it, I'll include the whole game (everything done so far) in the demo, at least that way you're getting something for your bandwidth.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 06:38:28 PM by Billy Bullshot »
http://billybullshot.blogspot.com

Go here and play my game.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Eh, anyone who goes here (I assume) uses RM2K. So they would have the "drivers and resources" (although everyone who knows anything about RM2K knows all you need is the English RTP)).

guess what.  You assumed wrong.
Also, drivers are part of the RTP.
herp derp.

there's some egg on your face, let me clean it off for you.

When you say "maps", revo, what we are discussing here is a single, 80x60 tile map. So you can excuse it for being a tad bare in places. It's not rough end jaggy cause it's not real life.

poor excuse for lack of effort

Crusader of Centy had similarly unrealistic maps and so did a lot of older games in fact.

Yes, and the same standard applies.  Their maps SUCK

I could have filled the bitch with tons of stuff but at the end of the day the dungeon takes a good hour to finish and I think that's a lot already. Considering it's one of many.

it's called putting EFFORT into your game.
if you don't care to put effort into making your game, why should anyone care to waste time and bandwidth downloading it.

Rome wasn't built in a day and neither was Halo.

Yet another person thinks they can make a game without actual work, lovely.

Rep:
Level 85
[s][s]twat[/s][/s]
Would it be too much if I asked you to get off my dick?

You have zero idea how much effort I put into this. At least it HAS a decent, balanced combat system. I know this isn't your topic's game, but for what I can see, yours falls flat on its TITS.

Crusader of Centy (which you obviously haven't heard of) is a classic.

Stop virtual-dissing people and get a life. For fucks sake stop lecturing me about putting effort into the game.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 06:41:57 PM by Billy Bullshot »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
it's called constructive criticism.

If you didn't want any, you shouldn't have posted your topic.
Your game isn't even CLOSE to being perfect, so you're going to get people telling you what's wrong about it.

Get used to it.

long and short: Empty maps.  Fix them.

Rep:
Level 85
[s][s]twat[/s][/s]
Shut. The. Fuck. Up.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

Rep:
Level 85
[s][s]twat[/s][/s]
I had this locked, til I saw you post that.

I didn't come here to bitch and whine about something that doesn't matter with a guy I don't even know IRL. You're a moderator, get back to what you're supposed to do (moderate ie. not cross out "twat" on all my posts).

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
lol RPG Maker.

A word of advice: huge maps aren't automatically good just because they're huge. You have to, you know, work on them. If you can't take criticism, stay off the internet and don't leave your house.
:tinysmile:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
You have zero idea how much effort I put into this.

Like fuck I don't.
you put ZERO effort into it.

know this isn't your topic's game, but for what I can see, yours falls flat on its TITS.

Funny, I know plenty of people that have been able to beat my game.
Like my 11 year old brother.

Crusader of Centy (which you obviously haven't heard of) is a classic.

Doesn't mean the mapping sucks any less.

Stop virtual-dissing people and get a life. For fucks sake stop lecturing me about putting effort into the game.

no.

I didn't come here to bitch and whine about something that doesn't matter with a guy I don't even know IRL.

you whined pretty loudly that I told you why your topic was ignored.

You're a moderator, get back to what you're supposed to do (moderate ie. not cross out "twat" on all my posts).

who the fuck do you think you are? seriously?
learn how to not be a pretentious ego-centrick fucking prick, and maybe people won't be assholes right back to you.
fucking cunt.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 07:13:45 PM by NAMKCOR »

Rep:
Level 85
[s][s]twat[/s][/s]
I'd rather people criticised my game AFTER playing it. Eh, like I did with Namkcor's.

Maybe if I left the house more often I wouldn't have ended up here. Counter-conclusive argument there Mr. Admin.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
when a game is put on a shelf, people will read what the developers wrote in their advertisements, and look at the screenshots released, before even considering trying it, much less buying it.

downloading games is no different.

Rep:
Level 85
[s][s]twat[/s][/s]
Which is why emulation is so popular, huh.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

Rep:
Level 85
[s][s]twat[/s][/s]
It is different, cause it's free.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
people consider their time valuable, as well as their bandwidth.
if a game looks like shit, people wouldn't waste either, because it looks like shit, and they don't see a reason to bother.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I'd like to chime in and say that NAMKCOR doesn't mean quality of graphics, so much as how the game is presented. Just so we can avoid that misinterpretation.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Billy, stop being a dick. You're only a member for like one week or so and already you're pissing everyone off with your annoying attitude. Pretty much this is how the whole conversation came out to me:

Billy: "Hey! I drew some stick figures, guys! Come and see!"
Nam: "..."
Billy: "What the heck aren't you praising my stick figures?!"
Nam: "Because it's just some stick figures and they look rather plain."
Billy: "What do you mean, 'plain'? What more could you want from it?!"
Nam: "You could make it look better than just drawing a couple of lines..."
Billy: "What makes you such a friggin' expert on making stick figures?! Your anime pictures SUCK, you twat!"
Nam: "Lol! Look, let me show you how you could make them bette-"
Billy: "You haven't even downloaded the stick figures yet! And stop fucking with my posts!"
Nam: "I'm not going to download it either. What little I see of it looks terrible."
Billy: "twat! Just download the fucking thing first!"
Nam: "The download doesn't even work."
Billy: "Huh? Well, as long as you have Windows 98, there's no reason it shouldn't be downloading properly."
Nam: "No one uses '98 anymore..."
Billy: "Nonsense. Everyone here on RMRK uses Windows 98 just like I do."
Nam: "Uh, no. They really don't."
Billy: "SHUT THE FUCK UP! STOP MAKING FUN OF MY DRAWINGS!"
Nam: "I'm just trying to give you constructive criticism..."
Billy: "You should at least download it before telling me that it sucks!"
Nam: "Why should I?
Billy: "Because it's free! Duh!"

TO BE CONTINUED?

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I'd rather people criticised my game AFTER playing it. Eh, like I did with Namkcor's.

Maybe if I left the house more often I wouldn't have ended up here. Counter-conclusive argument there Mr. Admin.

When you post screenshots, why would they need to play your game to criticize the screenshots? One would naturally assume that the poster of the topic will take shots of the best looking maps of the game to draw attention towards his/her project, and if the screenshots look terrible, thus the rest of the game must look worse.

And who said anything about you leaving your house more often? I'm telling you to stay home if you can't take criticism, constructive or not. Learn to read.
:tinysmile:

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
If you had actually downloaded my demo, you would have realised the maps weren't square (just because the standard form for posting your products here boils down to three screenshots doesn't mean you can tell everything about the game from them), the overall map design is actually quite sound, and that you were an idiot to slag off something you've never played before. But it's too late for that. Your loss.

Nobody will download a game that you won't even show squa(t)re/s about

BOB IS THE MAIN CHARACTER THIS IS ABOUT A DUNGEON HERE'S A SCREENIE

|
|         [squares]
|                                                [squares]
|
----------------------------------------------------

play the demo for more info baby
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 11:07:31 AM by Rasse »
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Holy cow.

Dude, they're right. If you want them to stop saying it, fix your game. It's not hard. Hell, if you spent a good twenty minutes on rounding things out, it would look *tons* better. Come on. The contestants of the forum contest can do better than this in a WEEK. Two days, even! Come. ON.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
lol Drama :3

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
God damnit, Bullshot. You obviously  cannot handle criticism. Like others before me have said, if you can't fucking handle it, you shouldn't have posted your shitty game in the first place.

ALSO:

Like everyone who has posted said, your maps are absolute shit. You are incredibly vague, and the description you gave doesn't give much for the idea of your game except jack shit. I would download the demo and see how terrible it really is, but what would be the point? You would just be a waste of my time. And even if your game was SOMEWHAT decent, I still wouldn't download it because, you joined here about 2 weeks ago and think you're hot shit.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 02:55:40 AM by Firerain »

Revolution is not a bed of roses.
Rep:
Level 91
Project of the Month winner for July 2009
People are trying to help you idiot, stop being a dick and listen. NAMKCOR, and everyone else here is much more experienced than you; I didn't die once in the insanity. Try using skills. They help.

My friends, Naphe has returned to us once again.